First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Is it fair that CR supporters are being brushed off?
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

macchonk wrote:


raja613 wrote:


macchonk wrote:


raja613 wrote:



Would you prefer a thread talking about gays??? Or how about Eggs? Seriously if you didn't care about the issue of this thread don't comment! Go and post in one of the more educated threads about "Which is better Oreos or Ships Ahoy!"

And if you were to actually read my posts maybe you could get the just of the reasons why...i'm upset! and if you want to say donating then don't lets say MY TRADE-OFF WITH CR FOR MONEY......I give them money the give me high quality........Fair?


what are u talking about? are u mad coz i disagree with ur whining?
i read ur post... and apparently, the main reason u "donate" coz u want a HQ vid... and now that the HQ vid is free, u actually complain about it coz u r a donator... i said u should be more grateful now that the HQ vid is free instead of whining about ur "donator" status.... Fair?


i'M SURE YOU CAN READ...... I was simply stating if you have nothing worthy to contribute to this thread don't post........and yes i am whining becuase i want justice and equality lol!


I SEE... SOO, the point of this thread IS.... RAJA613 ALWAYS RIGHT.... ok... i don't want to argue with u any further.... u are too chilidish.. im surprised u r in a group of "grown folks"...... now it's questionable... as one of it's member a 22 years old "mature" lady...from the way u commentng, i can't see any part of grown at all.... maybe only physically... aside of that, NONE... good luck with ur "im always right" thread....


LOL!!!!! Wow who knew people were so sensitive.........I'm simply stating how I feel no more no less!
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!
69567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Arizona
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

Hell, I just like the star next to my user name.


LOL funny


Jeebs wrote:

Yeah donations are give aways. You shouldn't expect anything in return and you sure as hell shouldn't be complaining about it.


I agree, as a CR supporter, knowing dat i help in sumway is fine, & hoping dat people love & funny on CR 2. ^.^
12704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Johnny and the JE...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


c0rin wrote:

Then don't donate. It's as simple as that. Donating means giving something out of their own free will. If peope resent donating just because they're still in the same statust as those who did not donate, then don't donate. I'm sure CR people (including Shinji) are glad that you chose to contribute to the betterment of the site but if donation makes you feel bad then stop doing it.

People shouldn't need incentives to donate. And they definitely shouldn't whine. To deprive others of FREE HQ vids just because it makes you feel COMMON is LOW and SELFISH.


You clearly do not grasp the point..............

As one person said you are all throwing the WORD DONATE around too damn much.......think of our "Donation" as a trade-off for a service if you will...........majority of the supporters "traded" money so we could get HQ vids.......in addition to that keeping the bandwidth bills low and even helping the site to stay alive...........CR DID NOT ADVERTISE THIS DONATION AS A "DONATION" of CHARITY BUT A WAY TO GET HQ VIDS!!!!



Okay, sorry, it says "donate" so I assumed it meant "donate" as in charity. (I didn't realize there was another definition for it) Well, it doesn't change anything, since HQ vids are now free, then you can make the decision not to "donate". No need to whine about it. I mean there was a time when you donated and got HQ vids and laughed while the rest of humanity content themselves with LQ vids, now that it's free. then you don't really need to donate anymore. So why whine? Either way you've won didn't you?

I mean you can't ask Shinji to stop giving free HQ vids because it makes you feel "brushed off". Besides, free HQ Vids means you get to save money since you won't have to pay for it, so I don't understand why you guys are mad.
2653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!


you are selfish.
that's all there is to it.

you think shinji is stupid?
of COURSE he's going to realize that alot of people are going to stop donating because of this... he's going to lose money!

but guess what?
unlike selfish people like the ones complaining here, he's being nice to the community!
he doesn't care if he loses donation money... he wants to make this an enjoyable community!


and it's pretty idiotic to spend your money when you don't read about it first.
because it clearly said "donation" and a "donation" is giving your money away without expecting anything back. THINK before you spend and you wouldn't have this problem.

i can't believe adults are whining like little brats about this -_-;;; how is this being a good mature role model to the younger people?

13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

c0rin wrote:


raja613 wrote:


c0rin wrote:

Then don't donate. It's as simple as that. Donating means giving something out of their own free will. If peope resent donating just because they're still in the same statust as those who did not donate, then don't donate. I'm sure CR people (including Shinji) are glad that you chose to contribute to the betterment of the site but if donation makes you feel bad then stop doing it.

People shouldn't need incentives to donate. And they definitely shouldn't whine. To deprive others of FREE HQ vids just because it makes you feel COMMON is LOW and SELFISH.


You clearly do not grasp the point..............

As one person said you are all throwing the WORD DONATE around too damn much.......think of our "Donation" as a trade-off for a service if you will...........majority of the supporters "traded" money so we could get HQ vids.......in addition to that keeping the bandwidth bills low and even helping the site to stay alive...........CR DID NOT ADVERTISE THIS DONATION AS A "DONATION" of CHARITY BUT A WAY TO GET HQ VIDS!!!!



Okay, sorry, it says "donate" so I assumed it meant "donate" as in charity. (I didn't realize there was another definition for it) Well, it doesn't change anything, since HQ vids are now free, then you can make the decision not to "donate". No need to whine about it. I mean there was a time when you donated and got HQ vids and laughed while the rest of humanity content themselves with LQ vids, now that it's free. then you don't really need to donate anymore. So why whine? Either way you've won didn't you?

I mean you can't ask Shinji to stop giving free HQ vids because it makes you feel "brushed off". Besides, free HQ Vids means you get to save money since you won't have to pay for it, so I don't understand why you guys are mad.


I would never ask something like that...........I just wish it would have been better planned....and i'm not whining lol.....I won't donate anymore...... unless CR really needed it but that wasn't the problem.....thats great that I don't have to pay but all in i'm speaking for supporters who feel the way I do and its a matter of principle....that we paid....and then its given away for free.
16330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Metro City
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!


I completely understand the situation you're in, but I disagree.
I know that it's a bit unfair, but that's life. And don't you have a job? You can easily regain the money you've lost. Every donation counts, and that also includes you. It's like giving your money to charity and you expect something in return. THAT'S WHY THERE IS A CHARITY!!
The parents and children don't have any money, and if they're talentless they can't just play a guitar in the street, heck, they probably don't have enough money to buy a guitar. Donation is about making a difference, not for rewards from it. Sure, if you do expect something in return, just wait a few years and they'll give you something good.
Do you even go to church? In church there is a time where they pass a hat around and expect you put money in. A thank you for me would be enough. If you expect more, that means you're a selfish bastard that ALWAYS expect rewards after something good, just look at superheroes like Spider-man and Batman. They don't get anything from what they obtained but a thank you and an appearance in the front page in the newspaper. Just think of the star and badge as you being in a front page in the newspaper.

Well that's all I'm going to say.

13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

flynfreako wrote:


raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!


you are selfish.
that's all there is to it.

you think shinji is stupid?
of COURSE he's going to realize that alot of people are going to stop donating because of this... he's going to lose money!

but guess what?
unlike selfish people like the ones complaining here, he's being nice to the community!
he doesn't care if he loses donation money... he wants to make this an enjoyable community!


and it's pretty idiotic to spend your money when you don't read about it first.
because it clearly said "donation" and a "donation" is giving your money away without expecting anything back. THINK before you spend and you wouldn't have this problem.

i can't believe adults are whining like little brats about this -_-;;; how is this being a good mature role model to the younger people?



Maybe.....but the point at hand here is that this is not fair you may never see it my way.......but o well.......I would not call you an idiot because you have your opinion.......and I never called Shinji stupid........the great creator of CR......NO never.....I'm just simply pointing out that what he did was indirectly disrespectful to the CR supporters......by giving away something that we PAID for.....and I know what donate means I can give you many definitions it doesn't change the fact that we paid money to get HQ vids in return. And of course I had the sound judgement of thinking before spending...............I became a CR supporter to support CR and get HQ vids........when I gave moneyto CR....CR gave me HQ vids its just wrong to promise people something(when they paid) and then have it given away!

I want everyone to enjoy the vids and I in no way want this taken away from anyone!!!!!! But I want this to be known that i am deeply dissapointed in how this matter was handled!
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

war4eternity wrote:


raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!


I completely understand the situation you're in, but I disagree.
I know that it's a bit unfair, but that's life. And don't you have a job? You can easily regain the money you've lost. Every donation counts, and that also includes you. It's like giving your money to charity and you expect something in return. THAT'S WHY THERE IS A CHARITY!!
The parents and children don't have any money, and if they're talentless they can't just play a guitar in the street, heck, they probably don't have enough money to buy a guitar. Donation is about making a difference, not for rewards from it. Sure, if you do expect something in return, just wait a few years and they'll give you something good.
Do you even go to church? In church there is a time where they pass a hat around and expect you put money in. A thank you for me would be enough. If you expect more, that means you're a selfish bastard that ALWAYS expect rewards after something good, just look at superheroes like Spider-man and Batman. They don't get anything from what they obtained but a thank you and an appearance in the front page in the newspaper. Just think of the star and badge as you being in a front page in the newspaper.

Well that's all I'm going to say.



Point taken........but slight problem CR isn't a charity(did you know that?) ..........I don't know how else to say this but I paid to get HQ vids......this was something that was written in their rules not mine if they wanted nothing BUT CHARITY then say that don't give me anything but a thank you.....but they didn't they gave me vids which are now free..........thats all

But on a positive note the star looks spiffy!
2653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:


raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!


you are selfish.
that's all there is to it.

you think shinji is stupid?
of COURSE he's going to realize that alot of people are going to stop donating because of this... he's going to lose money!

but guess what?
unlike selfish people like the ones complaining here, he's being nice to the community!
he doesn't care if he loses donation money... he wants to make this an enjoyable community!


and it's pretty idiotic to spend your money when you don't read about it first.
because it clearly said "donation" and a "donation" is giving your money away without expecting anything back. THINK before you spend and you wouldn't have this problem.

i can't believe adults are whining like little brats about this -_-;;; how is this being a good mature role model to the younger people?



Maybe.....but the point at hand here is that this is not fair you may never see it my way.......but o well.......I would not call you an idiot because you have your opinion.......and I never called Shinji stupid........the great creator of CR......NO never.....I'm just simply pointing out that what he did was indirectly disrespectful to the CR supporters......by giving away something that we PAID for.....and I know what donate means I can give you many definitions it doesn't change the fact that we paid money to get HQ vids in return. And of course I had the sound judgement of thinking before spending...............I became a CR supporter to support CR and get HQ vids........when I gave moneyto CR....CR gave me HQ vids its just wrong to promise people something(when they paid) and then have it given away!

I want everyone to enjoy the vids and I in no way want this taken away from anyone!!!!!! But I want this to be known that i am deeply dissapointed in how this matter was handled!


i never said you were an idiot. i said the act of spending money without proper knowledge is idiotic. the act is; not you in particular.

anyway, your way of reasoning is too childish... no matter what i say, you're stuck in a selfish little bubble.
i give up!
i just can't view you as a mature adult... it's like talking to a child...

well, whatever. i guess you learned what donating is really about now, huh?
now you won't have to make the mistake of selflessly benefiting the community again.
yay for knowledge.
8432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
I think some of you people fail to get the point of the thread. Just because something is labeled as one thing does not necessarily make it so. There are reasons why they would prefer to use the word donate for this "trade." Profiting off other people's work is illegal and especially if the work itself is illegal in the first place, but however asking for donations on the other hand is not.

Even if it is labeled as a donation, it is clearly not a pure donation. Heck, even most donations to charity nowadays have tax returns, so don't spout bs about donations only done based on the goodness of one's heart. It's just a sugar-coated form of trade for high-quality videos at less work than downloading a torrent.

Btw I don't wanna hear bullshit from people who has never supported the site about supporters to be lecturing supporters about being greed. You people are the free-riders here and if you have yet to upload videos you have contributed nothing to the website.
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

flynfreako wrote:


raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:


raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!


you are selfish.
that's all there is to it.

you think shinji is stupid?
of COURSE he's going to realize that alot of people are going to stop donating because of this... he's going to lose money!

but guess what?
unlike selfish people like the ones complaining here, he's being nice to the community!
he doesn't care if he loses donation money... he wants to make this an enjoyable community!


and it's pretty idiotic to spend your money when you don't read about it first.
because it clearly said "donation" and a "donation" is giving your money away without expecting anything back. THINK before you spend and you wouldn't have this problem.

i can't believe adults are whining like little brats about this -_-;;; how is this being a good mature role model to the younger people?



Maybe.....but the point at hand here is that this is not fair you may never see it my way.......but o well.......I would not call you an idiot because you have your opinion.......and I never called Shinji stupid........the great creator of CR......NO never.....I'm just simply pointing out that what he did was indirectly disrespectful to the CR supporters......by giving away something that we PAID for.....and I know what donate means I can give you many definitions it doesn't change the fact that we paid money to get HQ vids in return. And of course I had the sound judgement of thinking before spending...............I became a CR supporter to support CR and get HQ vids........when I gave moneyto CR....CR gave me HQ vids its just wrong to promise people something(when they paid) and then have it given away!

I want everyone to enjoy the vids and I in no way want this taken away from anyone!!!!!! But I want this to be known that i am deeply dissapointed in how this matter was handled!


i never said you were an idiot. i said the act of spending money without proper knowledge is idiotic. the act is; not you in particular.

anyway, you're way of reasoning is too childish... no matter what i say, you're stuck in a selfish little bubble.
i give up!
i just can't view you as a mature adult... it's like talking to a child...

well, whatever. i guess you learned what donating is really about now, huh?
now you won't have to make the mistake of selflessly benefiting the community again.
yay for knowledge.


Indeed and knowing is half the battle! LMAO!!! But don't take it personally............can we still be friends???
22734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


war4eternity wrote:


raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!


I completely understand the situation you're in, but I disagree.
I know that it's a bit unfair, but that's life. And don't you have a job? You can easily regain the money you've lost. Every donation counts, and that also includes you. It's like giving your money to charity and you expect something in return. THAT'S WHY THERE IS A CHARITY!!
The parents and children don't have any money, and if they're talentless they can't just play a guitar in the street, heck, they probably don't have enough money to buy a guitar. Donation is about making a difference, not for rewards from it. Sure, if you do expect something in return, just wait a few years and they'll give you something good.
Do you even go to church? In church there is a time where they pass a hat around and expect you put money in. A thank you for me would be enough. If you expect more, that means you're a selfish bastard that ALWAYS expect rewards after something good, just look at superheroes like Spider-man and Batman. They don't get anything from what they obtained but a thank you and an appearance in the front page in the newspaper. Just think of the star and badge as you being in a front page in the newspaper.

Well that's all I'm going to say.



Point taken........but slight problem CR isn't a charity(did you know that?) ..........I don't know how else to say this but I paid to get HQ vids......this was something that was written in their rules not mine if they wanted nothing BUT CHARITY then say that don't give me anything but a thank you.....but they didn't they gave me vids which are now free..........thats all

But on a positive note the star looks spiffy!


i can understand how u feel...but u hav to know that ppl who r not cr supporters dont pay money so they cant understand how ppl who pay money feels....it would be a whole lot of difference when they r paying money....'donation' nice way 4 those non cr supporters to say cuz they probably go some other site 4 HQ video but cr supporters pay money to hav HQ on cr
3868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
yeah i think.. CR members have the right to watch hq videos..
and you give donations because you support crunchy..
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

Hugegnome wrote:

I think some of you people fail to get the point of the thread. Just because something is labeled as one thing does not necessarily make it so. There are reasons why they would prefer to use the word donate for this "trade." Profiting off other people's work is illegal and especially if the work itself is illegal in the first place, but however asking for donations on the other hand is not.

Even if it is labeled as a donation, it is clearly not a pure donation. Heck, even most donations to charity nowadays have tax returns, so don't spout bs about donations only done based on the goodness of one's heart. It's just a sugar-coated form of trade for high-quality videos at less work than downloading a torrent.

Btw I don't wanna hear bullshit from people who has never supported the site about supporters to be lecturing supporters about being greed. You people are the free-riders here and if you have yet to upload videos you have contributed nothing to the website.


Touche good man!!!!
2653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:


raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:


raja613 wrote:


flynfreako wrote:

i must say i'm appalled at how selfish a lot of you are being -_-;;

without your donations, there wouldn't BE a crunchyroll!
i say your "trade-off" for donating money is being able to USE crunchyroll!

of course we're going to throw the word "donate" around, because that's the CORRECT term.
on the button it said "DONATE", so shut up -_-;;

omg, such selfish whiny brats these days... so ungrateful.
(yes, you're ungrateful because you're getting this site FOR FREE if you so choose).

and yes, i have donated in the past, and i plan to donate again... even if i don't get special privledges.
why? for the simple fact that it'll just keep the site running.


ugh... i'm just so disgusted with the people complaining right now....
just leave the site if you're going to complain! OMFG


Indeed it said DONATE lol but clearly it was a trade off in a market since.....WOO HOO CR IS FREE!!!! Okay! And?!

I Paid! With something called money for a promise....a promise to get HQ vids........and nows its free......... And I'm sorry if I got on your nerves don't respond channel your energy elsewhere........As I've said before people who believe what i say is right...should be recognized........if you don't believe that its fine tooo..........I just want to be heard.....so have a nice evening and thanks for responding!
:D

Past thread I wrote explains my feelings:
I'm sure Shinji KNEW that not all people were donating just to give to the site........YOU ASSUME THAT......I paid for HQ VIDS and thats all and in that "donation" you speak of it was to HELP THE BANDWIDTH BE CHEAPER......so that the sites bills won't be so damn high....not for the shear fact that we want to spread CR LOVE TO THE F******* world I can do that by just telling people about it!!!!

Yes I'm happy we don't have to spend anymore but its like you buying an Ipod for $400 and the next day.........They made something better and gave that very same Ipod you paid for.....away for free! IT WOULD INFURIATE YOU!!!! And you would seek some compensation!

I can't believe how lightly supporters are taking this..........I paid to have a priviledge over everyone else.......NO ONE MAY LIKE WHAT I SAY.......But dammit its the truth.......and ya'll can giggle and laugh it off....but seriously if i had known......I would have kept my money!


you are selfish.
that's all there is to it.

you think shinji is stupid?
of COURSE he's going to realize that alot of people are going to stop donating because of this... he's going to lose money!

but guess what?
unlike selfish people like the ones complaining here, he's being nice to the community!
he doesn't care if he loses donation money... he wants to make this an enjoyable community!


and it's pretty idiotic to spend your money when you don't read about it first.
because it clearly said "donation" and a "donation" is giving your money away without expecting anything back. THINK before you spend and you wouldn't have this problem.

i can't believe adults are whining like little brats about this -_-;;; how is this being a good mature role model to the younger people?



Maybe.....but the point at hand here is that this is not fair you may never see it my way.......but o well.......I would not call you an idiot because you have your opinion.......and I never called Shinji stupid........the great creator of CR......NO never.....I'm just simply pointing out that what he did was indirectly disrespectful to the CR supporters......by giving away something that we PAID for.....and I know what donate means I can give you many definitions it doesn't change the fact that we paid money to get HQ vids in return. And of course I had the sound judgement of thinking before spending...............I became a CR supporter to support CR and get HQ vids........when I gave moneyto CR....CR gave me HQ vids its just wrong to promise people something(when they paid) and then have it given away!

I want everyone to enjoy the vids and I in no way want this taken away from anyone!!!!!! But I want this to be known that i am deeply dissapointed in how this matter was handled!


i never said you were an idiot. i said the act of spending money without proper knowledge is idiotic. the act is; not you in particular.

anyway, you're way of reasoning is too childish... no matter what i say, you're stuck in a selfish little bubble.
i give up!
i just can't view you as a mature adult... it's like talking to a child...

well, whatever. i guess you learned what donating is really about now, huh?
now you won't have to make the mistake of selflessly benefiting the community again.
yay for knowledge.


Indeed and knowing is half the battle! LMAO!!! But don't take it personally............can we still be friends???



sure, if you want lol
as long as you don't complain about things on a regular basis hehe
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.