First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Your life or your friend?
10827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / come find meh~ :3
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
Oi okie so~ just wondering since an issue is coming up for me~ putting it into terms~

If your friend said i wont speak to you or talk to you if you do this~ and the thing your friend pointed out to you was not life threatening (for example it wasn't drug related//sex related or anything to do about death//smoking aka nothing horrible)

1) Would you do it for the sake of your friend? or would you make your own choice~?

2) My friend told me to change or she will never speak to me again~ change the way i don't speak up or eat much and sleep too much~ in this case would you change~?

3) Changing your life to make you a better person by avoiding everyone for a couple of months but your friend tells you that~ no support from her/him if you break down in that time you where away~ your friend tells you are running away from everyone~ but this case is to better yourself~ what would you do

not naming names or anything but yeah~ i was wondering what you would do?
93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / The Moon
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
Firstly I would say you shouldn't have to change yourself for a friend; they should like you for who you are.

Yet, if your friend is trying to make you a better person, that's a different matter. I guess it depends on your frame of mind at the time; it might be hard to turn around and change even if it is to better yourself. Especially if it's put as a threat than that's not the nicest way of coming across to someone who's your friend and you want to get to change. But supporting them would help more.

I don't understand the last point, they told you to go away or that was your own choice. Not being supported by your friend when they've told you to change is not easy to do...

It would be hard and it would depend on who the friend was [I would be more likely to listen to a closer friend who I trust than anyone else] ... I'd need the support, especially if they've just told me to change something which was a big part of me...
19375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
It depends..but sometimes it' just their own face they are trying to save. In this case, you got to sit at one side & observe whether it's worth to REALLY change yourself.
10827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / come find meh~ :3
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07

strawb88 wrote:

Firstly I would say you shouldn't have to change yourself for a friend; they should like you for who you are.

Yet, if your friend is trying to make you a better person, that's a different matter. I guess it depends on your frame of mind at the time; it might be hard to turn around and change even if it is to better yourself. Especially if it's put as a threat than that's not the nicest way of coming across to someone who's your friend and you want to get to change. But supporting them would help more.

I don't understand the last point, they told you to go away or that was your own choice.

Hmmm I guess those would be my terms ^. It would be hard and it would depend on who the friend was [I would be more likely to listen to a closer friend who I trust than anyone else] ...


Yeah i guess she is harsh my friend keeps giveing cercanstances that always lead to something even if it was for my own good it was my choice on how i feal about it

This person is a close friend but things seem to be falling apart its just another cercanstance after another~ feels like a bit of controlling....

and the last one was changing because you wanted to~
601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Tokyo, Japan ha n...
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07

1. I'd say go F yourself I ain't changin for no one shi* If that person don't like the way you are then you shouldn't be friends wit em...not a really good friend..like seriously you can try to come up wit excuses for em but nothin is gonna change the fact that person don't like you for you and juss wants you to make em look good..or some other lame ass reason..

2. No, I wouldn't change...I'd tell em the same thing as number 1 Go F yourself and not speak to them hehe turn the tables on them and show them what it feels like to be ignored =]

3. I'd say go F yourself =]

I think you need to go on a long journey and discover the meaning of friendship MY friend =] and i called you my friend and i dun even know you but i bet im better than the ones you already have HAHAHAHA peace yo and good luck
2690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / behind you !!!
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
it depends.. if i need to change, i will.

if HE/SHE is your true FREND
HE/SHE will accept you for who you are

peace
1012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
i know how you feel! well..mydays is right..a true friend is one who is uplifting and supportive and accepts you for who you are(:
9030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
72 / M / aslkfdjhskjhfslkf...
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
they should accpet me for hu i am, but if they're trying to change me for the better well, y not.
37847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
betsumi, 1 advice.. dump this so called "friend" of yours.. firstly why did u 2 became friends.. lol.. her attitude is just like my Ex.. if she doesnt like ur personality.. ask her to go f* herself.. i mean.. who the hell is she to ask u to change?.. do u think its so easy to change just like that?..

seriously.. friendships these days are getting complicated.. just be yourself.. get friends who like u for who u are.. not who they want u to be..
419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / F / Abby
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
ASk ur self this.... would u rather be loved for who u are not or hated for who u really are?

~♥J3NN♥
1440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / xingapore
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/1/07
Depends..Btw i dun have any friends...so life first..
10827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / come find meh~ :3
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/2/07
Thankies for all the replies....i know it is good to change in a way but yeah i cant change just life that...and she threatened our friendship if i did not change....

I'm not really sure what to do right now...i mean i told her i wouldn't be online for 3 months and yeah she argued saying i was leaving her and all my other friends....because i wanted to better myself ><;

I know she cares i do know that and she gave me an option to stop being friends with her she told me that....because i wanted to better myself...
10602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 9/1/07 , edited 9/2/07

betsumi wrote:

Oi okie so~ just wondering since an issue is coming up for me~ putting it into terms~

If your friend said i wont speak to you or talk to you if you do this~ and the thing your friend pointed out to you was not life threatening (for example it wasn't drug related//sex related or anything to do about death//smoking aka nothing horrible)

1) Would you do it for the sake of your friend? or would you make your own choice~?

2) My friend told me to change or she will never speak to me again~ change the way i don't speak up or eat much and sleep too much~ in this case would you change~?

3) Changing your life to make you a better person by avoiding everyone for a couple of months but your friend tells you that~ no support from her/him if you break down in that time you where away~ your friend tells you are running away from everyone~ but this case is to better yourself~ what would you do

not naming names or anything but yeah~ i was wondering what you would do?


A true friend would not ask you to change;unless, it was life threating.
7350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/9/07 , edited 9/9/07

keelo wrote:


betsumi wrote:

Oi okie so~ just wondering since an issue is coming up for me~ putting it into terms~

If your friend said i wont speak to you or talk to you if you do this~ and the thing your friend pointed out to you was not life threatening (for example it wasn't drug related//sex related or anything to do about death//smoking aka nothing horrible)

1) Would you do it for the sake of your friend? or would you make your own choice~?

2) My friend told me to change or she will never speak to me again~ change the way i don't speak up or eat much and sleep too much~ in this case would you change~?

3) Changing your life to make you a better person by avoiding everyone for a couple of months but your friend tells you that~ no support from her/him if you break down in that time you where away~ your friend tells you are running away from everyone~ but this case is to better yourself~ what would you do

not naming names or anything but yeah~ i was wondering what you would do?


A true friend would not ask you to change;unless, it was life threating.


If he/she is really a friend then he/she woudn't ask you to change because a friend likes you the way you are and that's what being a friend means
24687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / (Unknown)
Offline
Posted 9/9/07 , edited 9/9/07
Depends...if the friend is a stuck-up tart then ditch the so called friend, if your the stuck-up tart, change!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.