First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
74% of you are forum idiots
116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ASIA for sure
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
get a life, you probably did this analysis an hour or so, dont tell us your such an unidiot person.

TS: IDIOT
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-131836/74-of-you-are-forum-idiots.html

why shovel it to our face? people are free to post forums and to brand them idiots is an extreme word, one more, people like you think that people like me is an idiot , while people like me think that people like you is a no life.
and one thing more, if you think that people here in cr should be more intelligent with what they are posting, well guess what 74% or more of this users are kids, and they dont hold no pHd's or any diploma to grant them any respect they should be getting, christ this mostly an anime site. And guess what,(excited) you are just added to my idiots list!. 20 + something who thinks the world is full of crap and thus hate themselves, and who shouldve known better.

~bite me i have rabies.


10149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Home of SeaBiscuit
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
Welcome to the interweb. Hope you enjoy your stay.
1419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / A series of tubes
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
Fuck off you pompous jackass. Yeah, its a big fucking shocker that there are stupid people on the internet; big wow. While you're off calling everyone under the sun an idiot all you're doing is outing yourself as an asshole. If we're idiots, what are you? Smart? Suck my balls fucktard. Nobody gives a shit.
2554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 3/18/08

jmsberg wrote:

Fuck off you pompous jackass. Yeah, its a big fucking shocker that there are stupid people on the internet; big wow. While you're off calling everyone under the sun an idiot all you're doing is outing yourself as an asshole. If we're idiots, what are you? Smart? Suck my balls fucktard. Nobody gives a shit.


ROFL
Apart from having masses of flamage, I lol'ed and it brings up a good point (that y3llnc also pointed out).
Though, first off I have to say that I can completely empathize with you Optimus. There have been many times where I come on CRoll forums because I have nothing to do with my procrastination time, and I see either one-line posts that kills discussion more than it does invoke it in the ED section, or other stuff that may be defined as "idiotic", theres a shitload of them here and that's a fact. A little part of me dies every time I read it (no not really).

But tis a good point that doing this kind of thing, as in putting certain people into the spotlight and calling them idiots, is certainly something that puts a spotlight on yourself and says "I'm a cunt!". I guess it's not a big deal on the internet, I have probably done my fair share of trolling, but...yeah it's a good point..

Don't forget to smile!

17071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Sellout Town
Offline
Posted 3/18/08

OptimusGatts wrote:


nodysseus wrote:
what i want to know is why i had to read reams of writing on a forum post that can be edited and still had to endure crappy grammar and spelling mistakes...

as to the people you're whining about: I can see how some of those threads don't belong in e.d. and I can also see how some of them are just fine; if the person reading the post were to actually take some time and consider the larger issue being raised.


There was only two grammar mistakes in my post and I left them there. I put rally instead of really and didn't capitalize the Hawking the second time. Maybe you could point the others out to me. And if you'd read the entire thing you would know you've proven yourself to be an......no, maybe you're dyslexic. Please be dyslexic.


If I went through them all I'd be here all day, so I'll pick a few obvious ones:

Her opinion is clear but she doesn't provoke further discussion clearly an idiot.

punctuation is grammar too^

I would be glad to help him, euthenise himself.

here we have a change of pace: adding an unnecessary comma instead of taking a needed one away

Second poster is definetely an idiot.

and grod want woman? i guess posting a gripe thread is so easy a cave man could do it

I used to think that it was lazyness.

This I shall answer with a link:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lazyness
and last but not least a new one:

There was only two grammar mistakes in my post and I left them there.

that'd be "were"^

~End of lesson~

There's more, but I'm already bored, so I'll move on to the rest of your knee jerk response.
The first thing I'll note here is that you have just said you "left them there" despite the fact that my specific complaint was that the post can be edited. The second thing I want to do is apologize to the general reading public for having to read the off topic post that this turned out to be, but to be fair I'll also point out that I couldn't really help that as there was no actual response to the on-topic part of my original response. Finally I'll point out that the only reason I'm complaining about grammar and spelling at all is for the simple reason that I can, and that this thread seems to exist for the sole purpose of complaining about things we don't like; so i figured what the hell, why not throw in my own gripe while I'm at it.
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
^ Honestly, grammar means little when it comes to driving your point. It may make you sound less credible, but points are still points, if they can be understood.

I'd say that grammar nazis have the knack of directly insulting the people they're arguing with by degrading the opponent through language. If anything, this is nothing short of a fallacy of reason (Argumentum ad hominen) of the person you're arguing with. I find it idiotic for anyone to point out something as pointless as "hah! You're grammar is all off ~ you phail!"

Honestly, people are permitted to make grammatical errors once in a while. This isn't an essay writing contest, and we're not out to prove who is better at rhetoric. If you're going to go against someone's point, the least you can do is attack the point, and not the form. That's all I'm trying to say.

For the thread starter, he had valid points, though the execution of some of them were at the expense of other users, which more or less turned them into subjects that were easily judged and/or misunderstood. In many cases, you can (and should) give users the benefit of the doubt; however, if you've been in the forums as long as I have, you'll really understand that running into these kinds of posts can really get the best of you.

It's irritating as it is redundant, because they're so rampant all over the place.

That being said, it's important that we exercise a little prudence in reprimanding these people. Believe me, you've seen nothing yet, if you compare all these posts to the things I see in the ModReports page. It's idiotic as it is chaotic.
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/18/08

OptimusGatts wrote:

TS: ability
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-3172/Racism.html

The most debatable topic ever. Why am I rascist? Why am I against racism? Millions of statistics and volumes of texts have been written on the subject and the guy posts that? Idiot.





I'll debate this in a nice, peaceful way and in the manner typical of me
Go fuck yourself. right in your pretentious earhole, you little douche

MY original question asked people have they ever experienced racism, the following questions were just added to start discussion, because I didn't feel the first part was enough

And I grew up in the south where ALOT of people are okay with racism

So glad I could clear this up for you

oh, and fuck you and have a nice day
Yours Truly, Abel

and I only had to curse two times, that's what I call making progress
1748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
thats about 10 minutes of your life wasted typing sumthing most people arent gonna take the time to even read...idiot
Posted 3/18/08
lul epic winz!
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
^That post is disheartening.


edsamac wrote:

Honestly, grammar means little when it comes to driving your point. It may make you sound less credible, but points are still points, if they can be understood.


That's true. We all make mistakes, and not all of us are English speakers. That's definitely something to be considered. As long as the point is intelligible, we shouldn't get nit-picky about a few syntax errors or spelling mistakes. For the sake of comprehension, however, good grammar should still be one of the objectives of posting in a forum for intellectual exchanges. No one asks for perfection (those who do have overstepped the bounds of reason), but that's no reason to let your sentences degenerate into meaningless word jumbles. Even some small errors can hamper people who are doing there best to understand your point of view. Sure, it isn't an essay contest, but it's still a forum where people go to hear the thoughts and opinions of others. Posters should keep that in mind.
Posted 3/18/08
My, my, It only (??? )took ten minutes to type that load of bullshit? An idiot like you actually knows how to type? Bravo for the idiot jackass who started such an irrelevant thread- just so he can reassure himself that he is not ( ???) an idiot for wasting everyone's time with his vebal bull shit!! Get a life you arrogant jerk! I do not care who is and who is not an idiot! Oh I am so sorry- can you understand this or are you too dumb!!
70643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
9584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Memphis, with...
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
@TS:
Your point is quite valid. I am totally against the negligence of some people, subjectivity, and internet language. Something you didn't mention with harsh precision. Idiocy is everywhere, in each of us. It usually looks its way out differently though. Some of us keep it deliverately from clouding our minds, others simply can't live without it.

Sadly, in the world wide web it is impossible to prevent such thing to happen. Even now, people reading your post won't stop from doing stuff wrong based only on prejudice, stupidity, and the so called internet fame.

This also take us to the other point you didn't mention, probably because of obvious reasons. Most users on Crunchyroll are thirteen, or below. What does age have to do with this, you say? Think it twice, you, people reading this post. From the postive side of the matter, in defense of those idiots perhaps. What do you expect from immature people? For them, I dare to say, rules were made to be broken.

No, not just that. People is free to express themselves the way they want. Other people, most people I know, doesn't speak English as their native language. Take me for example, however grammar isn't so much of the problem. It is simply the way to express themselves, as I said before.

This is also job for the mods. I just needed to point that out. I reported many posts from the E.D. several times, yet nobody dared to analize, and move it to their respective sections. I am not blamed it on the mods. Just a small observation to any hypocrite who would write here claiming to be so smart as to approve one hundred percent of this thread.

Let me give you an advice, next time you feel so irritated, and upset about the idiocy in the forum; next time you see a thread that isn't supposed to be in that section: simply report it. It's not that hard.

Even I had the need to simply delete all idiot threads on the forum. But there is not a rule against idiot threads, in fact that takes us back to the freedom of expression. Plus, I don't have the power, and rights to do it.

By the by 'fur is murder:' it looks like your prejudice, and subjectivity is taking part of you, and the idiots that one hundred percent agree with you. If you don't agree with the thread starter just state your opinion in the thread itself. Just another observation.

I consider this thread itself as an idiot thread. Reasons?
*Most people on the E.D. section will mostly agree with you about idiot threads.
*People here don't consider themselves idiots, so there you have it.
*This looks like a personal thread, rants usually are.
*Why do you want to discuss something that everybody knows, I haven't seen a single post here saying "wow, I didn't know," and such.
*By quoting other people you are making an idiot out of yourself, simply by pointing out without knowing if those people are idiots themselves, or just taken by the hype of the forums.

Therefore, you OptimusGatts, you are an idiot yourself sir. Everybody is a bit of an idiot. So you agree, or disagree with me? I couldn't careless, that is a subjective statement for each, and everyone of us.
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
why don't we create an extended discussion group? that way, instead of the topics being spammed by n00bs on the public forums who are just looking for a +1, only people who truly want to argue will go out of their way to find it.
620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
78 / M / York, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
You forgot one thing, you didn't include yourself
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.