First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
74% of you are forum idiots
Posted 3/19/08

atrachan wrote:

The pressure outside is hard enough for all of us , you need to be serious at work and with some people , CR is a place to chill if you are here to brag your..whatever it is .... just don't post on forums , unless you have a severe Inferior complex *pet pet*
edit:






(^_^)v



LOL! I guess that makes me an idiot.

I don't even care. If you want me to write a two paragraph response, I could do it. I'm just not going to take the time on something so pointless, such as a forum. You can't expect people to always answer intelligibly. Even in real life, you'll find idiots. Who cares, leave them be.
Posted 3/19/08
Amazing, people calling each others idiots...>_> Where should this debate lead to?
I would say that everyone is an idiot from time to time, and some are always idiots. But that won't excuse the reckless behaviours of certain CR members. They are not abiding by the forum rules, or any given rule to make this site worthwhile. Which is annoying me quite much.

Also the senseless attempts by certain members to flame, for example in the Islam thread or any other thread. I was like wtf! I stopped posting in the Islam thread since it was like talking to a wall, the only thing that came back were childish flames. And some posters here are so effing serious, that it is almost heart-breaking. They all act as if they have a stick up their arse. Though I must admit that even I get slightly pissed when some crap is being spread, but hell I am just human, but most of the time I am chilling, and when I tend to answer flaming posts, or some other attacts directed at me, I am just doing this out of courtesy, or just for a laughter. It is sometimes quite entertaining to read the stupid responses of a few individuals, I must say that I've never visited this forum without getting cracked up. *grins* Sheesh, it is here that I've actually noticed for the first time that it is effing funny to watch the stupidity that is overflowing this world. <_<''
I also am taking the average age of most of the users here into consideration, so it is not that horrible, but the ignorance sometimes is quite surprising me, knowing that this people have access to google or any other search browsers, nah they seem just to be too lazy to back up their stuff, or check if what they have just said is true. And this kind of cases are quite irritating me in a bad way. If I don't know about what a specific topic is, then I just keep my mouth shut, or go look the stuff up. It is wonderful to know that I have a dictionary, encyclopedia and google in hand, just for the case I would not know something.

Anyways people, stop calling each others idiots....it's not even funny, nor will it change most of the people, though it is good if someone is criticising someone in a constructive way, only that way people will notice that their acting is quite off. But so far I didn't see any constructive outcome of this debates. But yeah....>_> I am not one to talk, since I am a quite slutty topic writer too, also do I have sometimes quite problems to restrain my flaming...<_< not that I am good at it...>_>....but meh =P

Floetry~
164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / somewhere...
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
Couldn't one say the this TS is an idiot for starting a topic the will no doubt cause flaming? And come on! you can't just go around "sand bagging" users for small grammatical errors! I could see if they were using numbers to replace letters but that's not the case(yet). And just like MidnightZorya said

...it's not even funny, nor will it change most of the people, though it is good if someone is criticizing someone in a constructive way...
But it seems most people these days have forgotten how to do that. A little diplomacy surely wouldn't hurt either.
531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / O CANADA!
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
Too long? At least read the bold. Or be an idiot.


lilslash wrote:

I m not i study alot and becoming a smart person....lol..:D


That's great. But, that post makes me think you're lying.


jaff07 wrote:

Wow.. so much effort for a smart one like you.. O-smart one how long does it take to make a very smart thread like this? Everyone is idiot, all of us can be idiot anytime.. duh.. So all of your post must be in a smart way isn't?

So harsh.. Frankly.. and so smart.. ahaha.. so if you're irritated.. don't look at it.. they don't want you to
post.. they're just sharing what they know.. if you can't control yourself just quote them..

So you're expecting too much.. in this site, many of the users are still young.. ahaha..
in the end.. you're so idiot.. idiot idiot idiot.. O-smart one..


Here we have a post filled with nothing but sarcasm and some self induced ahahas. If I can't control myself.... Just quote them? I did. Since you didn't read the entire post or the replies and are not up to speed on the conversation. You should probably stay quiet. Idiot.



abel89 wrote:


OptimusGatts wrote:

TS: ability
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-3172/Racism.html

The most debatable topic ever. Why am I rascist? Why am I against racism? Millions of statistics and volumes of texts have been written on the subject and the guy posts that? Idiot.



abel89 wrote:

I'll debate this in a nice, peaceful way and in the manner typical of me
Go fuck yourself. right in your pretentious earhole, you little douche

MY original question asked people have they ever experienced racism, the following questions were just added to start discussion, because I didn't feel the first part was enough

And I grew up in the south where ALOT of people are okay with racism

So glad I could clear this up for you

oh, and fuck you and have a nice day
Yours Truly, Abel

and I only had to curse two times, that's what I call making progress


Did you read and understand the guidelines before posting? Hmmm?



You dumb asshole, that thread was posted in the GENERAL section a year ago
forum guidelines weren't even that strict back then,(back in the day of the infamous Pie vs Cake thread) and that was way before the ED section came along.
When the mods created this section they took threads they thought were worthy enough from the general section and put them here, and apparently they figured it'd be a good idea to put my thread here, as well as other threads I made later on when I became better at thread making

oh, and where I come from, when you want to call somebody out in public
you use their known names, that way everyone knows who you're talking about
and you can get your ass whippn' in a more timely manner

Not one curse word in this here post, I ought to get a medal
ass shouldn't even count anymore


Thank you for clariying the matter I will edit my post to reflect this new information. And applaud your development. As for calling people out, of course I would call these people out by their names. The thing is is that on the internet I can't punch my screen and hit them in the face, I would break my monitor. In a real life situation if I am having a sophisticated conversation about the conflict in afghanistan and someone comes in and says durrrr war is bad. They get told how stupid they are right away and confrontation ensues. So in a forum we have battles of the minds and our names are our user names. That being said I digress and apologize to you.



atrachan wrote:


y3llnsc3m wrote:

get a life, you probably did this analysis an hour or so, dont tell us your such an unidiot person.

TS: IDIOT
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-131836/74-of-you-are-forum-idiots.html

why shovel it to our face? people are free to post forums and to brand them idiots is an extreme word, one more, people like you think that people like me is an idiot , while people like me think that people like you is a no life.
and one thing more, if you think that people here in cr should be more intelligent with what they are posting, well guess what 74% or more of this users are kids, and they dont hold no pHd's or any diploma to grant them any respect they should be getting, christ this mostly an anime site. And guess what,(excited) you are just added to my idiots list!. 20 + something who thinks the world is full of crap and thus hate themselves, and who shouldve known better.

~bite me i have rabies.




i agree with you


The pressure outside is hard enough for all of us , you need to be serious at work and with some people , CR is a place to chill if you are here to brag your..whatever it is .... just don't post on forums , unless you have a severe Inferior complex *pet pet*
edit:




(^_^)v


Note: atrachan post wouldn't quote/copy/paste well so its a little messed. Upon reaching page four she quoted my entire post so i'll just keep this quote as is.

You and the person that you are agreeing with obviously didn't read the entire post or understand it's meaning. Choosing instead to ignore any and all constructive criticism. I'm not here to brag about anything. I'm here to watch anime and post on the forums. I just grew tired of people posting idiocy in the extended discussion forum. There are a multitude of other forums for that kind of spam. I can't believe it would be so hard to take 5 minutes and develop an opinion beyond a single sentence of Lolzorscopters and me too me too. This is all stuff that I have touched on before and can't believe you would post that crap, not only that but you went back and edited it to include 4 spoiler alert bars spelling out the word baka. Including colour for every letter instead of displaying intelligence oh my god. You know what I want to say.


Konfue wrote:

LOL! I guess that makes me an idiot.

I don't even care. If you want me to write a two paragraph response, I could do it. I'm just not going to take the time on something so pointless, such as a forum. You can't expect people to always answer intelligibly. Even in real life, you'll find idiots. Who cares, leave them be.


You took the time to read it and then write that would three or four more minutes have killed you? It's like picking up a game boy, changing the batteries and then not playing.....


n3rbo wrote:


OptimusGatts wrote:
I have a life


AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's freakin' hilarious. You're arguing on the internet and you claim you have a life. That's priceless. I think I just pissed my pants.... wait.....yup. I did. I don't know what you do for work, but you should look into some form of comedy because your funny.

Seriously though, I'm assuming by creating this interesting thread, that you're looking to stimulate "intelligent" conversation or replies. I'm fairly certain that calling people out and labeling them as "idiots" isn't going to do that. In fact, browsing through this thread, I'm seeing more comments geared towards flaming you and less towards agreeing that this forum is mainly comprised of "idiots". If you really expected anything less, than you are what you're painting others to be, an idiot.


OptimusGatts wrote:
I would also like to invite people to post quotes of idiots. So that they can know who they are and right themselves, or, failing that, not post in this section. Also remember that this is help topic. A help cure idiocy topic.


Encouraging others to post quotes of people that they think are idiots is in fact idiotic (I use the word "idiotic" because I assume that you can relate to the very essence of the word). Just browsing through a few users on the site, one could quickly come to the conclusion that a good portion of users on this forum probably don't speak perfect English, therefore quite a few posts may not make total sense. You probably didn't take that into consideration. That being the case, the suggestion of quoting "idiots" is foolish.


OptimusGatts wrote:
I even copulate! My children WILL be better than your children. See?


Wow. Congratulations. Would you like a gold star? Given your ridiculous reasons for starting this lame thread, that comment belongs at the top of your initial post taking the lead of idiotic things said. That comment in no way, shape, or form contributes to your foundation (a weak one at that) of ridding this board of idiotic comments. You, my friend, are an idiot.


I'm gonna be rapid firing here so pay attention n3rbo. I am "arguing" or rather engaging in extended discussion on a forum, is it so hard to believe that someone who does so has a life? And by "arguing" with me are you not debasing yourself? Yes? Yes.

Me expecting flames? Of course. The reason there are so many more flames than commendations is because I must have hit a nerve with people. I'm gonna post in bold at the end I will touch more on this later.

Encouragin others to post idiocy may be mean and probly should not have been there but I stand by it, maybe that person will become more intelligible in the future. English as a second language I have talked about already, read the other posts.

So for the second time you quote out of context something written as a rebuttal to an attack on my person and then jab at me with it. Poorly.



Let's re-visit the topic title. 74% percent of you are FORUM idiots. At the end of the first post there I even said that it might not be a reflection of who you are in real life. The intention of the word idiot here is to be associated with forum attached to the front. I can see how that might not have been clear. And has caused people to flame me, not as I have insulted them with mere forum habits, they have attacked my psychological condition, called me the F-word and denied the existence of my "life" among others.
Is it so wrong of me to be trying to set an example? I'm not suggesting that everyone should write this much but at least more than an insult and a lame quip about teddy bears and gum drops.

A lot of people have brought up english as an auxiliary language. I never even mentioned grammar. Only content. Except that one guy but he was just so stupid I had to do it. Although I have been attacked with grammar. Others have brought up this being an anime site and young children being here and I touched on that. There are 14 options under the forum heading, two of which are your favorites, and one is tech support which are clearly labeled and use is obvious (or not). There is one forum called extended discussion. That leaves TEN other forums to spam and wax idiotic. In which I myself partake in. Is it so wrong of me to expect extended discussion in the extended discussion forum? Can people be so oblivious to the fact that the first topic is a guideline topic? (I would liken it to a rules topic) It's hard to miss with the caps that say "read first". And quite frankly if you just ignore the rules and act like an idiot, don't be surprised and angry when people call you one.

n3rbo asked if this has changed anything? I can only hope. However my need to rant has been satisfied and I'm not surprised at all that people would be flaming me this much. In fact I am quite pleased at the response. n3rbo also asked if I hoped I would generate intelligent response. And in these 4 pages I belive I have. In fact I would say that the more quality posts originated with people who agree with me, and, people who agree with me, but dislike the usage of idiot to the individual. There have also been quality responses from people who don't like what I have done. But a lot of people have also proven themselves to be idiots. They don't even defend themselves, they almost seem to be proud to be idiots. As long as no one calls them an idiot.




.
705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
This thread is amazing!! We can only see so much here at CR. Most posts are a good read! A good place to learn English and some debating skills!
943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / core
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

and i bet you made a lot of "idiotic" posts to get enough points to post a thread about forum idiots..
jk


edsamac wrote:
\

Why are there idiots in the forums? My answer would have to go to social networks, specifically Friendster.



i totally agree.
Posted 3/19/08

OptimusGatts wrote:

Summary of post in bold at the end.



I'm going to be explaining my reasoning with quite some length and a few examples. This topic is more of a rant than anything else but I find that you'll agree with me that you probably are an idiot. More to follow after examples. Lets look at the forum guidelines.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-81055/Extended-Discussion-Guidelines-READ-FIRST.html

Those are fairly simple, well written and easy to follow. Unless your an idiot.

Here are some examples of thread starters that are idiots:
TS: chocolate
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-131354/Rape-can-it-be-consensual.html

The thread starter is obviously an idiot.

TS: superdog
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-131012/Who-do-think-was-the-greatest-general-or-military-leader-history-.html

Posts some guy 99% of people don't know and doesn't back up his claim, zero discussion will ensue. Basically like a favorite naruto character thread. Idiot? Maybe not in the classical sense of the word, but in this case definetely. I would also draw attention to the second poster who is also an idiot. Master Chief while being an excellent soldier is not a strategist by any means and is also fictional. Second poster is definetely an idiot.

TS: mic mic mic
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-55722/Fur-is-murder-debate.html

Just crying about fur, her heart is in the right place but she's still an idiot.

TS: Sexy
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-76188/Eating-Disorders.html

Not really provoking discussion or debate just wants to know if you have experience with eating disorders. Idiot.


TS: superdog
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-131143/Greatest-quotes.html

Should be in general, although the content of the topic isn't idiot material, it just doesn't belong in extended discussion. uberdan erases all doubt and proves his idiocy. Congratulations uber idiot!


TS: freakyzeus
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-128810/Is-disliking-a-stereotype-a-stereotype.html
Holy crap I almost missed this one. What an idiot. If you can't tell why by now then you're an idiot.

Those are just some examples of idiots creating threads. And that was just the first page (except the last one). And I didn't even include some of them because I have many more idiots to single out. Here are some idiots who deserve special individual mention.




sound wrote:

Just watch the first episode of Invader Zim.

Is the universe endless topic. That's the idiot's answer. Don't read Hawking or the other guy who kinda disproves hawking watch Invader Zim. Idiot


joker wrote:
"When shit hits the fan, move to the side of the fan."
-Chirs Titus

Greatest quotes ever topic. This Idiot types up this gem of a post, the quote itself, while amusing isn't very helpful, a fan would spray shit everywhere in the room, that's why it's such a great expression. stepping aside won't do anything. He also mispelled "Chris". Then he goes on to post 5 more times with one word in each post. I would be glad to help him, euthenise himself.


l33tsp34l< wrote:

IM BUDDHIST! PROUD TO BE oNE! WHOOOO!

From the buddhism topic. That's awesome, now how about adding to the discussion? No? Idiot.


poodle wrote:

i had sex with my hand. now to practice with my dog

From the pressured for sex topic. This guy just did all the work for me. IDIOT.


mommy wrote:

That is why I don't wear real fur. Ek.

From the previously mentioned fur is murder topic. I'm assuming the why is because of the picture posted of a sad looking but cute fox and the image says that someone killed it's mom for the coat. However she didn't really clarify anything about her motives. Her opinion is clear but she doesn't provoke further discussion clearly an idiot.


weeabolittle wrote:

of course.........
every body knows that...............

From the illegal to have sex if you AIDS etc topic. <sarcasm> Im glad you had such insight to add to the debate </sarcasm>. Idiot.


While I'm having fun singling out idiots there are so many that it would take too long so I am going to post some topics that were started by people who are not idiots.

TS: shibole
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-98479/Buddhism.html
Look at that first post! Marvelous! Colour! Links to videos! A brief introduction to the topic! Get this guy a box of Oreos and some dunking milk. This is definetely the template to follow for starting a thread.

TS: o0James0o
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-130381/Should-a-law-limiting-birth-be-required.html
The bare minimum I would expect from a first post. The topic is also generating some good discussion. With only 2 idiots that have posted so far. While my personal opinion of the TS is negative I'm not seeing glaring violations and I tried really hard because my personal opinion if the TS is negative and very much so.



Here are some good individual posts:

MidnightZorya wrote:

I am pro-corporal punishment, sometimes...but it also depends to what extent, for what reasons, and how harsh.
Children this days are horribly cheeky towards superiors such as teachers and so on, because they know that if the teacher hits them they can bring the teacher into troubles, however some kids definitely deserve to get slapped. Also some children don't understand the *better way* and need to get their ass beaten to understand how wrong their behaviour was, which you can't show that well with words. Of course I am not saying that if the kid pisses you off then you should beat it up, first try it with words and if that won't work then try it with a sweet clap on their butt which is much more effective.

In my family we never really got beaten, just slightly slapped or dad was hunting us with his belt in his hands, but he never caught any of us =P My siblings and me were and maybe still are one of the cheekiest and most annoying kids....We fought with each others every day, really fought, my brother broke my hand while fighting with me, he had to get a few stitches like twice, my other bro had also a few stitches and a broken finger...and my sis has had a few stitches too, so did I, still have a big scar from it<.<....but we are all still alive, and now that we are older we don't fight anymore, I guess we enjoyed it enough long while small. The violence did totally disappear in my family, and I would actually never beat a child, I am pretty calm towards harsh situations, but from time to time I have my breakouts ...but nah..I wouldn't beat them...maybe a tiny clap on their head or butt.. LAWL~

Flo~


From the corporal punishment for kids topic. Great post. Gives her opinion, situations it's applied to, methods and caps it all off with personal experiences and even her future plans of discipline on her own children. The post could be followed up with rebuttals furthering extended discussion. Ideally, this should be the standard post for the extended discussion forum. Get this chick some oreos.


Loverbee wrote:

Well I'm not pregnant but I don't think there's anything wrong in having a baby when you're a teen, well as for knowing any pregnant teen in crunchyroll, I know none but I have friends who have babies and seem fine and are continuing their education, in terms of abortion I totally vote against it even if the baby is only 2 weeks old it has been shown to have a heartbeat so technically its like killing another human being.
The fact of you getting rape makes me angry, I hope whoever did this to you suffers, and you should keep the baby and tell your parents about this situation you're in, just keeping it in will kill you mentally so tell your parents they will understand, some people might say some horrible things about you in the future but keep your head high and show that bastard that he didn't get to you and raise that child. I wish you all the best.


From the pregnant teens topic. Here we have an opinion backed with motives and even advice for the TS and even opportunity for rebuttal inciting debate. Well done. Half as long as the other one and rally the bare minimum post for anything in the extended discussion area.


My original percentage of idiots was 98% I lowered it to 74% because as I skimmed through topics I found more intelligent posts than I remembered. However the number is still quite high and includes both topic starters and posters. I hope all idiots to cure themselves and follow the guidelines. I know we all like breaking the rules cause it's a cheap thrill, but you know what's much better than a small thrill? Not being an idiot.

I would now invite discussion as to why people love being such idiots on the forums.
I used to think that it was lazyness. But that can't be the answer. If you were lazy you wouldn't even read the topic nor would you even post a reply. Then I considered that maybe boredom was the answer. No because if you were that bored you would probably watch one of the many videos on this site or even read the guidelines and then post something with content, you know food for thought, alleviate your boredom. So boredom clearly isn't the answer. Then I considered age. Then I threw away that idea because age doesn't matter. If you can operate a computer there is no reason that you can't post something with intelligence. Then it came to me. Idiocy. Yes these people must be idiots, They have to be. And they are.

I would also like to invite people to post quotes of idiots. So that they can know who they are and right themselves, or, failing that, not post in this section. Also remember that this is help topic. A help cure idiocy topic.

I'm not suggesting that in real life you are the same idiots that you are on the forums but exhibiting something more than ME TOO or I AGREE or I AM XXXXXX!~ LOLZS!!!1! posts. That's for the retards in the other sections of the forums. I might even be guilty of some of those in this section but im pretty sure I was just insulting. Flex the brain a little. I'm not implying that your posts should be as long as this one. But there has to be a minimum which I proposed above. It can't take more than 3 or 4 minutes to post something like that. Hell this took me 25 minutes. This is boredom, This is me trying to cure you idiots. This is the end.






Too long didn't read? You're an idiot.



Edit: Percentage is a fairly accurate guess-stimate with an error margin of +/- 10%

Edit 2: Names changed as per mod suggestion

Edit 3: Removed a thread as starter brought up information clearing his name.


OptimusGatts just proved you guys are idiots. His goal was to troll and you guys took the bait, idiots.

3564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
lol just another forum troll.. bleh show me something new.
136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

OptimusGatts wrote:


n3rbo wrote:


OptimusGatts wrote:
I have a life


AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's freakin' hilarious. You're arguing on the internet and you claim you have a life. That's priceless. I think I just pissed my pants.... wait.....yup. I did. I don't know what you do for work, but you should look into some form of comedy because your funny.

Seriously though, I'm assuming by creating this interesting thread, that you're looking to stimulate "intelligent" conversation or replies. I'm fairly certain that calling people out and labeling them as "idiots" isn't going to do that. In fact, browsing through this thread, I'm seeing more comments geared towards flaming you and less towards agreeing that this forum is mainly comprised of "idiots". If you really expected anything less, than you are what you're painting others to be, an idiot.


OptimusGatts wrote:
I would also like to invite people to post quotes of idiots. So that they can know who they are and right themselves, or, failing that, not post in this section. Also remember that this is help topic. A help cure idiocy topic.


Encouraging others to post quotes of people that they think are idiots is in fact idiotic (I use the word "idiotic" because I assume that you can relate to the very essence of the word). Just browsing through a few users on the site, one could quickly come to the conclusion that a good portion of users on this forum probably don't speak perfect English, therefore quite a few posts may not make total sense. You probably didn't take that into consideration. That being the case, the suggestion of quoting "idiots" is foolish.


OptimusGatts wrote:
I even copulate! My children WILL be better than your children. See?


Wow. Congratulations. Would you like a gold star? Given your ridiculous reasons for starting this lame thread, that comment belongs at the top of your initial post taking the lead of idiotic things said. That comment in no way, shape, or form contributes to your foundation (a weak one at that) of ridding this board of idiotic comments. You, my friend, are an idiot.


I'm gonna be rapid firing here so pay attention n3rbo. I am "arguing" or rather engaging in extended discussion on a forum, is it so hard to believe that someone who does so has a life? And by "arguing" with me are you not debasing yourself? Yes? Yes.

Me expecting flames? Of course. The reason there are so many more flames than commendations is because I must have hit a nerve with people. I'm gonna post in bold at the end I will touch more on this later.

Encouragin others to post idiocy may be mean and probly should not have been there but I stand by it, maybe that person will become more intelligible in the future. English as a second language I have talked about already, read the other posts.

So for the second time you quote out of context something written as a rebuttal to an attack on my person and then jab at me with it. Poorly.


Ok. For the first comment: Maybe you didn't pick up on it, but that's what I call sarcasm. In all seriousness, it does seem like I was trying to take a shot at you, but it was a completely sarcastic statement. Hence the first few words to follow in the next paragraph: "Seriously though..."

2nd: Ok. And yes, you obviously have hit a nerve. But to cut out some of the flames, just as a suggestion, you might address that expectation in the initial post. Perhaps it would cut out some of the flaming.

3rd: I addressed your suggestion to quote "idiots" and the fact of peoples English not being perfect for a reason. Although you may be able to distinguish an intelligible comment despite bad grammar, I'm fairly certain that not everyone here will be able to. Hence, if people chose to listen to your suggestion, there would probably be a slew of intelligent comments labeled as idiotic because the grammar police said so.

4th: I quoted you knowing good and well what you were responding to. You took the statement that the user made saying that you had no life and chose to pick at that by saying, "I have a life, I live, I breathe, I even copulate! My children WILL be better than your children." To make your point without sounding like an idiot you should have stopped after "I breathe" and continued on with your point. That comment was unnecessary to make an effective rebuttal. I stand by my response to that comment.
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

n3rbo wrote:


OptimusGatts wrote:
I have a life


AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's freakin' hilarious. You're arguing on the internet and you claim you have a life. That's priceless. I think I just pissed my pants.... wait.....yup. I did. I don't know what you do for work, but you should look into some form of comedy because your funny.


This is by no means intended as an insult to your post, since it was decently constructed, but is it possible that it is this kind of attitude that causes much of the problem in the first place? Is posting in a forum so incredibly pathetic that those who do it can't possibly have a life? That seems wrong to me. The Internet is an amazing development for a lot of reasons; social interaction across great distances is one of the major ones. The users of forums hail from a wide range of locations across the globe, and all of them have the potential to propound their own opinions if they truly wish to. With some deliberation and effort, I'm sure most of them could even do it intelligently. So what's wrong with going to a forum to discuss one's opinion? Isn't that one of the ideals of the Internet? To share information and develop ideas? Is it so deplorable to you? (I realize you were being sarcastic by the way, you're just a good example)

I think one of the issues at hand is that people come onto these forums having precluded that everyone here is an idiot with no life. They decide that the rules don't really matter, and that nothing here is worth taking seriously. They don't value the discussion, and thus don't fear any penalties. After all, it's only one forum, right? If they get banned, who cares? They can always go somewhere else online, or simply get off the computer and do something else. It's with this attitude that many people are able to come online, completely disregard all of the rules, and act like apes who happened to find an open terminal. They don't care about punishment, and often get amusement seeing users getting their feathers all ruffled over their actions. In fact, I think this thread in itself is the highest honor to many a bored troller.

Obviously, this isn't the only reason we've seen some very saddening disregard for the rules here. There are many reasons that are equally valid, possibly even more valid than this. Still, it's a pity that the attitude you have just put forth in small is so prevalent around the net. I have many sources of discussion offline, but I come here anyway because I enjoy debating and sharing ideas. If I didn't have those offline sources, I'd probably post here even more than I do. For the sake of those who enjoy discussion here, or are dependent upon it as a place to read the intellectual opinions of others, we should endeavor to take this board, of all forums here, more seriously. It will never be perfect, that is certain, but it won't come close to it with that temperament. Who cares if some people here make senseless posts? They can be banned (though it seems they aren't). If more people begin to change their attitude, those posts will be drowned out.
116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ASIA for sure
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

Why shovel it to your face? Because you deserve it. I have a life, I live, I breathe, I even copulate! My children WILL be better than your children. See? Not only do I love myself but most of your points are addressed in the first post. I guess you didn't read the entire post. The world is full of crap. 74% crap according to my findings. But that leaves that much more to improve and that makes me happy. Also, if you had rabies, wouldn't you bite me? Animals who have rabies are put down. Humans who have rabies can possibly be cured with a rapid injection of the vaccine. I hope your vaccinated or you'll drool and display rage like properties because your brain is swelling and then you'll die. Still an idiot.


My A-lister TS: Idiot,
and now i presume your ranting because of all the negative responses that you had been getting, furthermore, to cite that your offsprings would be better from mine is quite funny, and the defense of having a life .. cant you not read beyond the lines? how shallow can you get? i know that in some facts you exist that you breath and eat horse shit. and yes ive noticed you appraisal for the intelligent ones, good for you,i can analyze the fact that you consider more or less 26% of users as acceptable just by taking a glance at your thread title and i neglect to cite that from my post because what concerns me the MOST is your discriminating behavior rather then your ability as an adult to view opinions. what ive noticed is that you criticize people whos answers you disapprove of and yet you say that this is a cure for idiocracy, will your son be smart enough for you if you tell him ; " A great percentage of your actions is senseless therefore idiotic, and now i brand you an idiot unless you behave to my approval" (??) i guess not. Hows that for discipline.
If you think that the world is filled with crap well tough luck *majority is that you cant remember the good times that there is, im glad that your happy with that. And as for the rabies, havent i defended my opinion with sheer patience without enormously saying fuck, bullshit and all out crap, thats because i my fellow is not that kind of person therefore iam unwilling to give you the rage that you so thought im displaying therefore making me the same level as you are now.

Still an idiot. what a shame.
61520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Sore wa himitsu d...
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
Akurei: See, this is at least one reason why the human race must die!

Shimoko: Oh no, she does this every time...

Still, I think at least someone should describe the difference between ignorance and stupidity...


Ignorance = Not knowing about something

Shimoko: Everyone is ingnorant about 'something', but ignorance is just a temporary condidtion when conserning a specific topic. As soon as you are exposed to the aforementioned topic, you're no longer ignorant.

Stupidity = Failure to retain information about a specific topic no matter how many times it's told to you.

Shimoko: If there's a rule saying "You must charge your lasers before firing them" (for example) and you keep firing lasers without charging them no matter how many people tell you to charge said lasers, and it's not due to being rebelious for some reason or just being a jerk, then that's being stupid.
145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
I won't deny it. I'm an idiot. Probably for life too.
178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
stop feeding the troll guys... =]
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 3/20/08

cocoaCAKEii wrote:

stop feeding the troll guys... =]


no how about you feed me.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.