First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
ISWAK
1668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
I miss the original cast. Especially, Candice Liu, Tiffany Xu, Jason, and Jiro Wang. I rarely see these people in the sequel. They only comes out like every 2 to 3 episodes.
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

bsbwt wrote:

Xiang Qin is very simple minded. She also grew up in a very nurturing environment. True, it does seem like she has no dignity when she chases after Zhi Shu, but that is also something that is very admirable about her character is ISWAK. But I heard a lot of criticism from my friends who refuse to finish the drama because her obsession with him seems to just repeat itself and drag the story on. I envy her honesty and courage when confessing and putting up with Zhi Shu. It's hard for us to do that because pride and sense makes us use our minds more than our hearts. That's why she's so loveable, she wears her heart on her sleeve (does not think before she acts or speak). You know she's sincere.

As for the feminism part, I do want to hear your take on it. There are so many people we claim to be feminist, but do what degree? Do you find it degrading when guys treat you like a princess, or do just find it degrading when guys disrespect you and treat you unfairly, or do you find it insulting that guys treat you differently because you are a girl? Which is the case? Because, to me, feminism just seem to be another label. I wanted to be respected like an individual, but I enjoy be treating like a princess.

Admittingly, he does love Xiang Qin. But he's not the lovey-dovey husband. She married him knowing this about him. ISWAK dwelled on dating (which they really didn't do, but the chase is still there [on XQ's part at least]). TKA dwells on married life and the future. XQ's tears are basically from insecurity, b/c she has always lacked confidence towards ZS affection towards her. But he's the reliable type that shows his affection for her behind curtains (by doing things for/thinking about her without her knowledge). He doesn't treat her badly, but she always wants to be reassured that he loves her.


Yes Xiang Qin does have admirable honesty but I'm not entirely sure if its courage all the time... it seems just like she is blindly following her heart and not her head at all (well, she doesn't have much of a head to follow, but still). I think there are ways of being sincere without being so.. shameless. This is the kind of thing that would almost never happen in real life -- very few people would have this kind of personality and lack of brains. For example, Zi Yu also falls in love with Zhi Shu, and even though she's a bit bitchy to Xiang Qin, she still comes off as sincere in the end. She didn't have to do what Xiang Qin did.

Feminism.. yeah, kind of a loaded term right? I don't think its degrading if a guy treats a girl like a princess, provided the girl appreciates (and hopefully shows her appreciation in some form) it. Personally though I'm not really into that whole thing. I think a guy and girl should be able to date/meet/be friends/get married as equals, and that bothers me a lot when it comes to ISWAK because they're so clearly not equals. ZS is intelligent, capable, attractive. XQ is none of these things(well, they did a good job of making a normally pretty Ariel looking kind of.. er.. ugly? as XQ). But she LOVES ZS to no end, while ZS seems to have absolutely no care at all for her. The imbalance in their relationship is really annoying.
ZS doesn't appreciate anything that XQ sacrifices for him. He doesn't even try to make an effort to show his affection for her.. its like he just expects her to follow him around blindly and put up with all his crap. This is really what brings out the feminist in me. He dominates her so much its disgusting. Sure he thinks about her and stuff without her knowing, but he ought to know her personality well enough that she needs to feel secure and loved--in this way he doesn't think about her at all.
7285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

ruee102 wrote:


bsbwt wrote:

Xiang Qin is very simple minded. She also grew up in a very nurturing environment. True, it does seem like she has no dignity when she chases after Zhi Shu, but that is also something that is very admirable about her character is ISWAK. But I heard a lot of criticism from my friends who refuse to finish the drama because her obsession with him seems to just repeat itself and drag the story on. I envy her honesty and courage when confessing and putting up with Zhi Shu. It's hard for us to do that because pride and sense makes us use our minds more than our hearts. That's why she's so loveable, she wears her heart on her sleeve (does not think before she acts or speak). You know she's sincere.

As for the feminism part, I do want to hear your take on it. There are so many people we claim to be feminist, but do what degree? Do you find it degrading when guys treat you like a princess, or do just find it degrading when guys disrespect you and treat you unfairly, or do you find it insulting that guys treat you differently because you are a girl? Which is the case? Because, to me, feminism just seem to be another label. I wanted to be respected like an individual, but I enjoy be treating like a princess.

Admittingly, he does love Xiang Qin. But he's not the lovey-dovey husband. She married him knowing this about him. ISWAK dwelled on dating (which they really didn't do, but the chase is still there [on XQ's part at least]). TKA dwells on married life and the future. XQ's tears are basically from insecurity, b/c she has always lacked confidence towards ZS affection towards her. But he's the reliable type that shows his affection for her behind curtains (by doing things for/thinking about her without her knowledge). He doesn't treat her badly, but she always wants to be reassured that he loves her.


Yes Xiang Qin does have admirable honesty but I'm not entirely sure if its courage all the time... it seems just like she is blindly following her heart and not her head at all (well, she doesn't have much of a head to follow, but still). I think there are ways of being sincere without being so.. shameless. This is the kind of thing that would almost never happen in real life -- very few people would have this kind of personality and lack of brains. For example, Zi Yu also falls in love with Zhi Shu, and even though she's a bit bitchy to Xiang Qin, she still comes off as sincere in the end. She didn't have to do what Xiang Qin did.

Feminism.. yeah, kind of a loaded term right? I don't think its degrading if a guy treats a girl like a princess, provided the girl appreciates (and hopefully shows her appreciation in some form) it. Personally though I'm not really into that whole thing. I think a guy and girl should be able to date/meet/be friends/get married as equals, and that bothers me a lot when it comes to ISWAK because they're so clearly not equals. ZS is intelligent, capable, attractive. XQ is none of these things(well, they did a good job of making a normally pretty Ariel looking kind of.. er.. ugly? as XQ). But she LOVES ZS to no end, while ZS seems to have absolutely no care at all for her. The imbalance in their relationship is really annoying.
ZS doesn't appreciate anything that XQ sacrifices for him. He doesn't even try to make an effort to show his affection for her.. its like he just expects her to follow him around blindly and put up with all his crap. This is really what brings out the feminist in me. He dominates her so much its disgusting. Sure he thinks about her and stuff without her knowing, but he ought to know her personality well enough that she needs to feel secure and loved--in this way he doesn't think about her at all.


Man you guys made some good points. But I have to say that there's nothing shameless in chasing for what you want. It's a taiwanese drama. If you don't have the spirit to watch it, then don't.
Personally, I liked this drama mainly because it was simple and sweet. Even though XQ is so simple-minded, you still have to love her for it. Love is simple and carefree. Even though ZS is so coldhearted towards her, XQ still cherishes the moments she has with him even if he could careless. She just wants to be by his side and that's really all that matters. The directors were genius to depict a character so loving and optimistic and that makes us want to watch more. And if you have seen the whole drama, that must tell you something.
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

ohpooey wrote:


Man you guys made some good points. But I have to say that there's nothing shameless in chasing for what you want. It's a taiwanese drama. If you don't have the spirit to watch it, then don't.
Personally, I liked this drama mainly because it was simple and sweet. Even though XQ is so simple-minded, you still have to love her for it. Love is simple and carefree. Even though ZS is so coldhearted towards her, XQ still cherishes the moments she has with him even if he could careless. She just wants to be by his side and that's really all that matters. The directors were genius to depict a character so loving and optimistic and that makes us want to watch more. And if you have seen the whole drama, that must tell you something.


Actually yeah I wondered why I watched it all myself.. I originally had no intention of watching ISWAK but I did so at the grave insistence of a friend and during the summertime when I had nothing else to do. ..but I think a part of me was dying to see them get together--meaning... crazy scene in the rain and ZS jealous action! The only good 2 minutes of the series!

IMO I don't think love is that simple and carefree, but what would you say if a good friend of yours chased after a guy like that without abandon, and without hope (because technically, the situation looked pretty hopeless from episodes 1-18)? Everyone's always saying, "Move on, move on," which of course is easier said that done (I know from experience). But I guess part of the reason why I didn't enjoy ISWAK as much is because it wasn't believable. That kind of situation is very unrealistic.

I think I'm just too much of a pessimist... and I enjoy tragedies more than dramas like this that sort of fall in the middle of the road.


1206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
sequel is funny. The girl is kinda pissing me of.. I wanna replace her.JOKE!
362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
i HEART this dRAMA!!rock on!
645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Buffalo
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
it's so weird cuz sometimes i think its cute but sometimes it's like ne .. just get with her already lol
4658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Attic
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

bsbwt wrote:


sypris wrote:

You can watch ggw for that


You quoted Wakap02 regarding kissing scenes. But what is GGW???

GGW = Girls Gone Wild

i just found out :D
1551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Ghana
Offline
Posted 4/18/08 , edited 4/18/08
I LUV THIS DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 4/21/08
boring well not that bad but I dislike the charavters personlities the guy is like a playboy with her and te girl is like a retard that don't get the hint
Posted 4/21/08
love it omg
i can't wait for the last ep next week.
1218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / behind you
Offline
Posted 4/21/08
ISWAK's begginning was bad.. but the rest of it was good(: the TKA.. the story was getting boring..
563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/21/08
I enjoyed both ISWAK's... cant wait for the last episode of ISWAK 2... it seems really intense...
3893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
in limbo
Offline
Posted 4/21/08
its entertaining!!!
im anxious to watch the last episode...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.