First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Google Earth
Posted 9/4/07
My Global Studies teacher downloaded this and we found our houses, favorite hang outs, etc. So after class I went and asked him if it could also let you see China up close and all that, being the idiot that I clearly am. He went and showed it to me. I was in awe

Maybe it's just me who thinks this rocks, but I just thought I'd post the link to the site so people can download it and see for themselves.

Google Earth - http://earth.google.com/

Earth Gallery (what we used in class) - http://earth.google.com/gallery/index.html

Have fun, I know I did.



*Sorry if there's a thread like this already.



13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
omg i love google earth. best time consumer everrrr. i got to travel the world in the convenience of my own home. i just wish they'd update the images.

cool stuff to look up: the nazca lines, area 51, nuclear test sites, great wall of china, eiffel tower, crop circles lol.

you can type google earth on youtube and u will find a lot fo cool stuff
10149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Home of SeaBiscuit
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
ctrl+ alt + a on the newest google earth gives you a flight simulator

That wasted a good hr from my life.

Its addicting o.O
816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
I'd prefer to learn how to operate a telescope, its a lot more fulfilling to search for hours for that one little star.
Then once your about to give up, there it is! Shining prettier then you would have that possible . ^^'

...yep, Google can't replace that.
Posted 9/4/07


flippizzle wrote:

omg i love google earth. best time consumer everrrr. i got to travel the world in the convenience of my own home. i just wish they'd update the images.

cool stuff to look up: the nazca lines, area 51, nuclear test sites, great wall of china, eiffel tower, crop circles lol.

you can type google earth on youtube and u will find a lot fo cool stuff


well when he showed me China that's exactly where he went lol. I think it's cool how they have the cameras set up so you can see pictures of some of the major sights

10149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Home of SeaBiscuit
Offline
Posted 9/4/07

dandylion wrote:

I'd prefer to learn how to operate a telescope, its a lot more fulfilling to search for hours for that one little star.
Then once your about to give up, there it is! Shining prettier then you would have that possible . ^^'

...yep, Google can't replace that.


Your telescope can't see the great wall of china from a bird's eye view.
13219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / It be sleepy time...
Offline
Posted 9/4/07

happyxix wrote:


dandylion wrote:

I'd prefer to learn how to operate a telescope, its a lot more fulfilling to search for hours for that one little star.
Then once your about to give up, there it is! Shining prettier then you would have that possible . ^^'

...yep, Google can't replace that.


Your telescope can't see the great wall of china from a bird's eye view.


Or give you any real detail when it comes to random star systems or black holes.
Posted 9/4/07
Yknow, I can't really get a telescope, so.. 0_o and if I wanted to see space, i'd just use the other program on Google Earth.
16337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
it is rele awesome, its like supre spy network anywhere in the world O.O, i wonder what ur hose looks like flo O.O
Posted 9/4/07

mmp_grl wrote:

it is rele awesome, its like supre spy network anywhere in the world O.O, i wonder what ur hose looks like flo O.O


the garden hose is green

anyway i can see my house but none of you people shall ever have the pleasure
Posted 9/4/07
I think its great!!!!!!!!!!
Posted 9/9/07
I love Google Earth its cool!
21114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/9/07
I found the White House and my friend's treehouse from there! :O
2522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/9/07
I looked up area 51 awhile ago on it, 'twas fun.
21114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/9/07
Oh yeah, and I found a picture a Starbucks onfire once, on Google Earth.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.