First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
The Truth Behind CR (?)
14477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 9/4/07

candycraver wrote:

Well then...

Shinji is part of "hot or not" ?

And theres articles on cr? Wow, it is getting famous!

Wow, he makes a lot of money...

T.T Shinji should explain, because explaining is goooood.

Even if the explanation is a lie, he should still explain XP

Even still, i think its kind of cool theres articles written about cr...

Maybe one day they'll write one on me~ =D

=D So hes in San Fransisco eh? Lets all stalk!


The question is...WHO is shinji, after all, it's only an alias.
793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 9/4/07

FatedEmperor wrote:

The question is...WHO is shinji, after all, it's only an alias.


The question is WHY CARE?
It's good site thats all you need to know.

13219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / It be sleepy time...
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
Oh and the answer to why care is if this is true it means shinji has been making profit off of free fansubs and most fansub groups don't like that and normally request for their stuff to be removed.
1075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/4/07

Jesterj wrote:

Oh and the answer to why care is if this is true it means shinji has been making profit off of free fansubs and most fansub groups don't like that and normally request for their stuff to be removed.


No, Shinji provides the videos for free. It's your choice if you want HQ. Don't like it? Go torrent.
29965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
Lies all lies i dont believe this didnt shinji say he needed some money from his parents to keep the site up before. if he really did make that much why ask his parents
13219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / It be sleepy time...
Offline
Posted 9/4/07

Linkx wrote:


Jesterj wrote:

Oh and the answer to why care is if this is true it means shinji has been making profit off of free fansubs and most fansub groups don't like that and normally request for their stuff to be removed.


No, Shinji provides the videos for free. It's your choice if you want HQ. Don't like it? Go torrent.


Yeah I argued this point until I found out he was making a profit. That sort of changes the whole dynamic of it though.

edit: Oh and I do torrent if I want hq stuff because I am to paranoid of internet ppls to actually donate.

@below: yes but it also says that he is making 75k in revenue which is the same thing as profit.
793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
^where does it say he makes a profit? It says "Crunchyroll has not raised any capital to date" which typically means there is no profit.
1075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/4/07

Jesterj wrote:

@below: yes but it also says that he is making 75k in revenue which is the same thing as profit.


Did you miss the word "rumored"? How is making 75k in revenue a profit, if you have no clue where its going to?

13219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / It be sleepy time...
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
^ yeah I should probably clarify at this point this all only if this turns out to be true. I tend to get ahead of myself when posting any ways. The fact that their is any rumored profit would tend to imply that he is making some money.

@below: You know i am not all that certain on that I think they have some random and obscure intellectual property right to the actuall subs but not the video. All I know is in the past cr has obeyed fan sub requests. Oh and you obviously don't watch that many drama's or just haven't noticed all the stuff people have gone threw to get fansub groups to allow cr to host their material.
3298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
i dunt think the fansubs groups can do anything, i dunt think theres a law or anything saying if u sub something u have ownership and rights to it, cause technically theyre subbing something they dunt even own

the fansub groups are mostly decent anyways, i think their main goal is to just want more people to watch anime, but it is a pretty bad deal for the fansubs, theyre the ones that take the time to encode and translate etc (yea theres ads etc on their sites to make some money, but ive seen alot of fansubs just shut down cause the costs were too much)

oh this site is pretty cool
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=crunchyroll.com

i was playing around with it and entering like porn sites haha, and CR beats them in online traffic
17206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
Yep, the 75k per month thing is a RUMOR, and this information shouldn't be take that seriously.... I think Shinji should make a lot though, what you want him to make nothing?

BUT, for the love of god, don't sell the site!

~Kirby
1545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SO~CAL[;
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
RUMORS
1075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/4/07

Jesterj wrote:

^ yeah I should probably clarify at this point this all only if this turns out to be true. I tend to get ahead of myself when posting any ways. The fact that their is any rumored profit would tend to imply that he is making some money.


I understand your point, albeit, nowhere in the article does it mention profit. Let's say, when we are talking about profit, it would mean gain in money for Shinji's personal use. The article only said that Crunchyroll supposedly receives 75k monthly. The article said nothing about the owner getting profit from the site. We don't know where any of the money is going to. I choose to believe that the money is supporting the site 100%. I would say that it cost's this site 25k - 40k or even more a month. Maybe the rest of that money goes into a safe in case of emergency's for the site. We just don't know yet, and we can't even assume that the site receives that kind of money.

However, I'm not sure about the copyright laws, but I would say that if CR only hosts unlicensed material, how is it illegal to gain profit out of it? This is a serious question, and I would like to know the answer, thanks. :D

Edit: i r gud at speling

3298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
I think CR is safe with copyright blah blah etc if CR had dubbed anime, then maybeee some american companies would get pissed

and i think singapore or one of those countries are cracking down on online anime, soo maybeeee shinji cant go to singapore lawl

and if anyone would be looking to sue CR, theyd just sue after CR is sold to some big company... or when shinji becomes a millionaire

1214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Vancouver,BC,Cana...
Offline
Posted 9/4/07
ok i believe shinji on this guys he started this site with his friends and it grew very big and i dont believe that artical because it was very poorly written

and so if he makes money the people that are members choose to be because some people like higher quality videoes and even if that artical tells the trueth crunchyroll is still a great site
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.