First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Do you guys suffer from Ophtalmic migraine.?
39793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / With the one I lo...
Offline
Posted 3/19/08



I've been suffering from Ophtalmic migraine from the last 10 years as long a si remember

it comes randomly and without any specific reason
at first i thought it was because , of food ? the water ?? then thought it was due to period , (but recently met some guy friends who have it as well )


first it starts with some lighting effects it's like Black and White **sometimes colored*moving extremely Fast* first it takes a small place on your vision then it get bigger and bigger until it's spread all over ! i just close windows and door hide under my blanket for about 30 minute s until it's gone , then the severe headaches start it's a general headache, but then it's EXTREMELY strong and located behind the eyes,for like the whole day ,, and last thing is that i vomit .after doing it it's like nothing happened at al !!
went to several docs , but they just give me antibiotics and tell me *live with it*
This last about 30minutes to 1 hour before decreasing and returning to normal.
Then, the pain starts, and keep increasing during about 2 hours sometimes the whole day !

I must stay in complete darkness with no noise,and i get irritated by anything i smell perfume, food etc , and try to sleep. But the pain is to strong to fall asleep...
It's "ok" when I finally fell asleep, but then during the next 2 or 2 days, I'm so tired and i'm like unable to concentrate on anything .
when i searched on the Internet i found out that it's due to stress and Light !! basically i just have a spot light while using my computer, i can't stay exposed to a lot of light or i'm sure that'll have it coming by 15 mnns

till now i met only one friend who has it and one of my buddies here on cr too her bf is suffering from it

when i tell my family abut it they think that i'm lying since everything disappear the moment i vomit


do you have it as well ?? if yes tell me how do you live with it , and what do you do when you have it ?
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
I don't know much about it... This is even first time when I have heard its name in english... but are they supposed to give you antibiotics? Why not the real migraine medicines? (or are the real medicines antibiotics?)

I don't have it, but I have absolutely horrible headaches and sometimes I think it might be migraine. I have to do the hiding thing too. D;
631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
Well ever since I can remember, I've had this effect on my eyes where I see wiggly/wavy transparent lines flying around. The waves follows my eye movement and it hasn't proven to be anything serious. I've just let it slip past all my life and tend to not notice since I just forget about it. I'm not sure if it's similar to what you have(definitely not as serious) but... I can somewhat relate. =D
8432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

Splmash wrote:

Well ever since I can remember, I've had this effect on my eyes where I see wiggly/wavy transparent lines flying around. The waves follows my eye movement and it hasn't proven to be anything serious. I've just let it slip past all my life and tend to not notice since I just forget about it. I'm not sure if it's similar to what you have(definitely not as serious) but... I can somewhat relate. =D


Those are known as floaters and are basically caused by the eye fluid and is pretty common. I see them all the time when looking at blank surfaces and the sky and unless it's excessive it's nothing to worry about. Excessive would mean that it is impairing vision.
89 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/08
yeah i don't get the wavy lines before a migraine i get really dizzy and start feeling sick for 1-2 hours before i get a migraine, also i don't vomit but i do get them often sometimes as bad as 3 a week and even once had a migraine that lasted like almost a week ( multiple migraines I'm sure but the pain was constant because i was asleep most of the time and would wake up with a migraine) the only thing i can do is take 2 Advil liquid gels and sleep. The Advil dulls the pain somewhat for me but I'm still unable to concentrate and the pain is still really bad so i sleep. Yours sound worse than mine but i also don't know what the trigger for mine is or if i even have one since i get them all year round.
39793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / With the one I lo...
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

rounin wrote:

yeah i don't get the wavy lines before a migraine i get really dizzy and start feeling sick for 1-2 hours before i get a migraine, also i don't vomit but i do get them often sometimes as bad as 3 a week and even once had a migraine that lasted like almost a week ( multiple migraines I'm sure but the pain was constant because i was asleep most of the time and would wake up with a migraine) the only thing i can do is take 2 Advil liquid gels and sleep. The Advil dulls the pain somewhat for me but I'm still unable to concentrate and the pain is still really bad so i sleep. Yours sound worse than mine but i also don't know what the trigger for mine is or if i even have one since i get them all year round.


did you went to the doc ?
Posted 3/22/08

atrachan wrote:




I've been suffering from Ophtalmic migraine from the last 10 years as long a si remember

it comes randomly and without any specific reason
at first i thought it was because , of food ? the water ?? then thought it was due to period , (but recently met some guy friends who have it as well )


first it starts with some lighting effects it's like Black and White **sometimes colored*moving extremely Fast* first it takes a small place on your vision then it get bigger and bigger until it's spread all over ! i just close windows and door hide under my blanket for about 30 minute s until it's gone , then the severe headaches start it's a general headache, but then it's EXTREMELY strong and located behind the eyes,for like the whole day ,, and last thing is that i vomit .after doing it it's like nothing happened at al !!
went to several docs , but they just give me antibiotics and tell me *live with it*
This last about 30minutes to 1 hour before decreasing and returning to normal.
Then, the pain starts, and keep increasing during about 2 hours sometimes the whole day !

I must stay in complete darkness with no noise,and i get irritated by anything i smell perfume, food etc , and try to sleep. But the pain is to strong to fall asleep...
It's "ok" when I finally fell asleep, but then during the next 2 or 2 days, I'm so tired and i'm like unable to concentrate on anything .
when i searched on the Internet i found out that it's due to stress and Light !! basically i just have a spot light while using my computer, i can't stay exposed to a lot of light or i'm sure that'll have it coming by 15 mnns

till now i met only one friend who has it and one of my buddies here on cr too her bf is suffering from it

when i tell my family abut it they think that i'm lying since everything disappear the moment i vomit


do you have it as well ?? if yes tell me how do you live with it , and what do you do when you have it ?


Atra, did the doctors even tried to examine your head... like Cerebral angiography, CT, or MRI if you have neurologic abnormalities? You might be having a brain tumor, aneurysm (dilated blood vessels that popped and blood pours out), severe hypertension, head injury, etc.

You don't treat migraines with antibiotic. Antibiotic is used to kill or stop the growth of bacteria. You don't use antibiotics when there's no bacteria to kill at the first place. If you keep taking antibiotics for a long time, you might already harvesting some toxicity in your body.
The cause of migraine has not been clearly demonstrated, but it is primarily a vascular disturbance (inflammation of blood vessels on your brain) that occurs more commonly in women and has strong familial tendencies. Your eyes have opthalmic nerves that are connected to the brain. If the blood vessels are inflamed in the opthalmic section of your brain, of course, it would put pressure to the nerves of your eyes as well.

The drugs that should be prescribed for you should be analgesics (pain reliever), sedatives (makes you relax and sleepy), antiaxiety, and antiemetics (for vomitting).

Facts:
- migraine are likely to occur when patient is ill, overtired, or feeling stressed (I hope it's not me, Atra. Remember, it's Nareem T_T).
- migraine is handled with the importance of proper diet, adequate rest (Atra, you sleep like 4 hours a day), and coping stragies (e.g. Atra lies quietly in a darkened room with head slightly elevated).
- Drinking black coffee may be helpful.
- Avoidance of offending factors (e.g. not whatsome :D).
- Awaken at the same time each day; disruption of normal sleeping pattern provokes a migraine in many patients.


N-e-ways, don't rely on my post. IT'S BEST TO CONSULT ANOTHER DOCTOR... and another... and another. No, don't even rely on edsamac.
39793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / With the one I lo...
Offline
Posted 3/22/08
thanks Nareem,
you can't imagine how many docs i consulted and tried to find out what's wrong ,i even went to Paris several times just for that .... and still no concrete results ,
Also i'm not the kind of people who likes to take drugs all my life am not ready to have a set of 10 drug boxes to carry with me wherever i go and i don't want to depend on them all my life !


i found this on the Internet recently ;

Migraine headaches may be preceded by a visual "aura", lasting for 20 to 30 minutes, and then proceeding to the headache. Some people, however, experience the aura but do not have a headache. This visual aura can be very dramatic. Classically, a small blind spot appears in the central vision with a shimmering, zig-zag light inside of it. This enlarges, and moves to one side or the other of the vision, over a 20 to 30 minute period. When it is large, this crescent shaped blind spot containing this brightly flashing light can be difficult to ignore, and some people fear that they are having a stroke. In reality, it is generally a harmless phenomenon, except in people who subsequently get the headache of migraine. Since migraine originates in the brain, the visual effect typically involves the same side of vision in each eye, although it may seem more prominent in one eye or the other.

Some people get different variations of this phenomenon, with the central vision being involved, or with the visual effect similar to "heat rising off of a car". Some people describe a "kaleidoscope" effect, with pieces of the vision being missing. All of these variations are consistent with ophthalmic migraine.




well also i just deduct that it's due to excessive exposer to the direct light/sun.... see when i was kid i used to watch directly the sun -_-' kids are like that i guess...
and now i think it's due to stress, and the pressure all around me the most ...i guess
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

whatsome wrote:

You don't treat migraines with antibiotic. Antibiotic is used to kill or stop the growth of bacteria. You don't use antibiotics when there's no bacteria to kill at the first place. If you keep taking antibiotics for a long time, you might already harvesting some toxicity in your body.


That is what I thought... And doesn't using antibiotics for nothing make them less effective when you need them?

"What's so bad about getting an antibiotic anyway, just in case? In part because the drugs have been overprescribed, strains of bacteria have developed that won't respond to any antibiotic."

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/parents/solutions/information/article.php?contentId=107960&&
Posted 3/22/08

Harue-Ikarus wrote:


whatsome wrote:

You don't treat migraines with antibiotic. Antibiotic is used to kill or stop the growth of bacteria. You don't use antibiotics when there's no bacteria to kill at the first place. If you keep taking antibiotics for a long time, you might already harvesting some toxicity in your body.


That is what I thought... And doesn't using antibiotics for nothing make them less effective when you need them?

"What's so bad about getting an antibiotic anyway, just in case? In part because the drugs have been overprescribed, strains of bacteria have developed that won't respond to any antibiotic."

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/parents/solutions/information/article.php?contentId=107960&&


Yes, it becomes less effective.
Thus:
"DO give antibiotics exactly as directed, completing the whole prescription even if your child seems to feel better early on." -- If the doctor says give the drug for 3 weeks, even if the signs/symptoms disappeared in one week, still keep taking the drug till the 3 weeks are finished. If you abruptly stopped the meds for a week and then the signs and symptoms re-appear the following week, the same meds you taking are no longer effective because the bacteria were not completely killed and thus they re-grow to be more resistant to that same meds. If that's the case, the doctor might use a higher dose (which is not a good option because it promotes toxicity) or use another med with a higher strength.

Doctors don't hurriedly prescribed a very strong med like Methicillin first to treat strains of bacteria like Staphylococcus aureus. They start prescribing lower meds first such as penicillin and cephalosporin. Because if they used Methicillin first and made an error administering it (e.g. such as late time to take the meds to keep the peak performance), the bacteria become resistant to Methicillin. Now, you're only have less options to treat the bacteria. Vancomycin is the last resort, I think.
Strains with intermediate resistance to vancomycin have caused life-threatening infections.
39793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / With the one I lo...
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

whatsome wrote:


Harue-Ikarus wrote:


whatsome wrote:

You don't treat migraines with antibiotic. Antibiotic is used to kill or stop the growth of bacteria. You don't use antibiotics when there's no bacteria to kill at the first place. If you keep taking antibiotics for a long time, you might already harvesting some toxicity in your body.


That is what I thought... And doesn't using antibiotics for nothing make them less effective when you need them?

"What's so bad about getting an antibiotic anyway, just in case? In part because the drugs have been overprescribed, strains of bacteria have developed that won't respond to any antibiotic."

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/parents/solutions/information/article.php?contentId=107960&&


Yes, it becomes less effective.
Thus:
"DO give antibiotics exactly as directed, completing the whole prescription even if your child seems to feel better early on." -- If the doctor says give the drug for 3 weeks, even if the signs/symptoms disappeared in one week, still keep taking the drug till the 3 weeks are finished. If you abruptly stopped the meds for a week and then the signs and symptoms re-appear the following week, the same meds you taking are no longer effective because the bacteria were not completely killed and thus they re-grow to be more resistant to that same meds. If that's the case, the doctor might use a higher dose (which is not a good option because it promotes toxicity) or use another med with a higher strength.

Doctors don't hurriedly prescribed a very strong med like Methicillin first to treat strains of bacteria like Staphylococcus aureus. They start prescribing lower meds first such as penicillin and cephalosporin. Because if they used Methicillin first and made an error administering it (e.g. such as late time to take the meds to keep the peak performance), the bacteria become resistant to Methicillin. Now, you're only have less options to treat the bacteria. Vancomycin is the last resort, I think.
Strains with intermediate resistance to vancomycin have caused life-threatening infections.




i just don't want to take pain killers , because i won't know when the real pain is gone ...
89 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

atrachan wrote:


rounin wrote:

yeah i don't get the wavy lines before a migraine i get really dizzy and start feeling sick for 1-2 hours before i get a migraine, also i don't vomit but i do get them often sometimes as bad as 3 a week and even once had a migraine that lasted like almost a week ( multiple migraines I'm sure but the pain was constant because i was asleep most of the time and would wake up with a migraine) the only thing i can do is take 2 Advil liquid gels and sleep. The Advil dulls the pain somewhat for me but I'm still unable to concentrate and the pain is still really bad so i sleep. Yours sound worse than mine but i also don't know what the trigger for mine is or if i even have one since i get them all year round.


did you went to the doc ?


yeah he doesn't know why i get them it really sucks, haven't had one for a like a month and a half hopefully they stay away for a while.
39793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / With the one I lo...
Offline
Posted 3/26/08

rounin wrote:


atrachan wrote:


rounin wrote:

yeah i don't get the wavy lines before a migraine i get really dizzy and start feeling sick for 1-2 hours before i get a migraine, also i don't vomit but i do get them often sometimes as bad as 3 a week and even once had a migraine that lasted like almost a week ( multiple migraines I'm sure but the pain was constant because i was asleep most of the time and would wake up with a migraine) the only thing i can do is take 2 Advil liquid gels and sleep. The Advil dulls the pain somewhat for me but I'm still unable to concentrate and the pain is still really bad so i sleep. Yours sound worse than mine but i also don't know what the trigger for mine is or if i even have one since i get them all year round.


did you went to the doc ?


yeah he doesn't know why i get them it really sucks, haven't had one for a like a month and a half hopefully they stay away for a while.


well it's ruining my life -_-"
21144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PLANTS
Offline
Posted 3/26/08
whats that?
39793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / With the one I lo...
Offline
Posted 3/27/08

jamashinaideyo wrote:

whats that?


what's what ?:D
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.