First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Over Throwing the Government
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/28/12
Revolution has many forms, but unfortunately most ways are useless considering that our government is based on tradition and a very defined sense of its own greatness or at the very least the fact that there is nothing better.

In order for me to contemplate a true revolution which always are messy there would have to be something like government support of hate crimes (racism, sexism, social class, slavery, etc) or a defined extreme effort to take away freedom. Not influence, as everyone tries to influence and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The way to revolution would depend on circumstances... for one what is possible and what is worth the cost.

Also one must determine whether there is something better to replace it or not. Revolution with no replacement is just anarchy (which is the stupidest idea ever, sorry to those who think it is a good idea).

So would I, possibly yes, but fairly improbable
Kyrek 
36686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 8/28/12 , edited 8/28/12
Eh, American's won't be able to, they'd see it coming years out if they've already got all our emails, texts, and things stored in the cloud...

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/27/u-s-government-domestic-surveillance-citizens-nsa-freedom/

Unless of coarse they're just too busy staring at all the sexting pics and trying to decrypt our emails, threads and chats with broken ALL CAPS ENgriSH Width Purr gRAMMORS...
Posted 8/28/12
meh, my work has broken my spirit, my initiative and my sense of resilience against unjust rulings and unfair change. The Govt, makes my work look like an Angel by comparison so NO i would never raise arms against the govt. Namely because there's not a damn thing I can do about it, nor would I succeed, nor would I have anyone who rallies behind my cause. Because as work has fucking shown me. I am a single malefactor in a sea of conformity and any attempts at further insurrectionist behavior will be dealt with via termination of existence.
Kyrek 
36686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 8/28/12

DangerousYams wrote:

meh, my work has broken my spirit, my initiative and my sense of resilience against unjust rulings and unfair change. The Govt, makes my work look like an Angel by comparison so NO i would never raise arms against the govt. Namely because there's not a damn thing I can do about it, nor would I succeed, nor would I have anyone who rallies behind my cause. Because as work has fucking shown me. I am a single malefactor in a sea of conformity and any attempts at further insurrectionist behavior will be dealt with via termination of existence.


Sounds like someones career in the porn industry didn't go as planned...
Posted 8/28/12

Kyrek wrote:


DangerousYams wrote:

meh, my work has broken my spirit, my initiative and my sense of resilience against unjust rulings and unfair change. The Govt, makes my work look like an Angel by comparison so NO i would never raise arms against the govt. Namely because there's not a damn thing I can do about it, nor would I succeed, nor would I have anyone who rallies behind my cause. Because as work has fucking shown me. I am a single malefactor in a sea of conformity and any attempts at further insurrectionist behavior will be dealt with via termination of existence.


Sounds like someones career in the porn industry didn't go as planned...


If i spent every day crying because my parents didn't show me enough love to take value in the person I am on the inside and thus turned to making my life living with a huge dick and banging hot chicks all day long then I would gladly take that over this shit life existence I waste away in every goddamn day for 8+ hours; you have no idea.

Kyrek 
36686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 8/28/12

DangerousYams wrote:

If i spent every day crying because my parents didn't show me enough love to take value in the person I am on the inside and thus turned to making my life living with a huge dick and banging hot chicks all day long then I would gladly take that over this shit life existence I waste away in every goddamn day for 8+ hours; you have no idea.



Woo, hot-tempered I see. Or maybe I read into your sarcasm too much. But I hear ya, 8+ hours a day at a dead end job is indeed no fun. My original intention was sarcasm though, no hard feelings...
Posted 8/28/12

Kyrek wrote:

Woo, hot-tempered I see. Or maybe I read into your sarcasm too much. But I hear ya, 8+ hours a day at a dead end job is indeed no fun. My original intention was sarcasm though, no hard feelings...


It's not you. It's me. My job makes me not just want to quit working it. It makes me want to quit life. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Get a new job? sure, but will it pay as much with the kind of benefits I have grown accustomed to and now actually need due to emergent and critical health conditions? Most won't come near this hell. So, it really raises the question and puts us back on topic:

Will fighting the government correct corporate bullshit at it's most fundamental level if we were to fracture the stability of how things run day to day? IF not then my answer still stands as a resounding no, I'll just keep sucking the corporate C*** and eventually shoot myself at 40 (not long now!) If it will correct the endlessly long list of wrongs that the corporate war machine has perpetuated then by all means, step aside and let me man the 105mm Howitzer of Revolutionary change, cuz goddamn it, I'mma make it rain.
Kyrek 
36686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 8/28/12

DangerousYams wrote:

It makes me want to quit life.


I'd have to ask what you do for a living to see what would make that an option... But alas, I can agree with the endlessly long corporate wrong doings and whether or not it would even be worth trying to overthrow the government...
Posted 8/28/12

Kyrek wrote:


DangerousYams wrote:

It makes me want to quit life.


I'd have to ask what you do for a living to see what would make that an option... But alas, I can agree with the endlessly long corporate wrong doings and whether or not it would even be worth trying to overthrow the government...


Oh me? I'm a prison bitch in professional attire. My official position is: Bridge Security Red Shirt number 3 on USS Disaster Express.

Seriously, I do I/T work and essentially get screwed around on a micromanaged level while my colleagues in associated departments aren't even held to the same standards of excellence starting at ATTENDANCE and moving up from there. To tie this in with the topic:

whatever element of the GOVERNMENT reviews workplace polices essentially stated that what my workplace was doing wasn't illegal to the letter of the law due to a convenient loophole or two or three, so... there's really no contesting the crappiness of the double standards that exist.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 8/28/12
I watched "The Dark Knight Rises" and it proves that defying the government and resisting the military is very easy.

So easy.

18204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/12
^^ Hmmm.....

I'm not to sure about that, just look at the Syrians.

Me, when the SHTF, when America wakes up...
It will be time, to rebel.
Thug life.
Posted 8/28/12

DangerousYams wrote:


Kyrek wrote:


DangerousYams wrote:

It makes me want to quit life.


I'd have to ask what you do for a living to see what would make that an option... But alas, I can agree with the endlessly long corporate wrong doings and whether or not it would even be worth trying to overthrow the government...


Oh me? I'm a prison bitch in professional attire. My official position is: Bridge Security Red Shirt number 3 on USS Disaster Express.

Seriously, I do I/T work and essentially get screwed around on a micromanaged level while my colleagues in associated departments aren't even held to the same standards of excellence starting at ATTENDANCE and moving up from there. To tie this in with the topic:

whatever element of the GOVERNMENT reviews workplace polices essentially stated that what my workplace was doing wasn't illegal to the letter of the law due to a convenient loophole or two or three, so... there's really no contesting the crappiness of the double standards that exist.


You work an I/T job 8 hours a day and your bitching? Get real. I don't give a damn how much your managers suck, you have it better than most Americans.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 8/28/12

a619ko wrote:

^^ Hmmm.....

I'm not to sure about that, just look at the Syrians.

Me, when the SHTF, when America wakes up...
It will be time, to rebel.
Thug life.


Haha, just kidding man. I love Batman, but the way the terrorists were outsmarting the US government in that movie was pretty ridiculous. Just tongue-in-cheek comment.
Posted 8/28/12 , edited 8/28/12

karmacide wrote:

You work an I/T job 8 hours a day and your bitching? Get real. I don't give a damn how much your managers suck, you have it better than most Americans.


This ^^^ would only matter as long as I have it better than YOU because that would make my night.

Back on topic: I thought more about it, screw it, let's just have a revolution and at least then we'll be pissing off someone and that would make my night for the entirety of the New Order.
Posted 8/29/12

DangerousYams wrote:


karmacide wrote:

You work an I/T job 8 hours a day and your bitching? Get real. I don't give a damn how much your managers suck, you have it better than most Americans.


This ^^^ would only matter as long as I have it better than YOU because that would make my night.

Back on topic: I thought more about it, screw it, let's just have a revolution and at least then we'll be pissing off someone and that would make my night for the entirety of the New Order.


Sorry to disappoint you, I make it a point to live my life in a way that I am never in a situation where I 'can't' quit, so no matter how hard I work it's by choice. Most people don't, and are in a situation like you are, except they have even shittier jobs and work longer hours. Grow a pair, you got yourself into that mess, no use blaming your managers for it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.