First  Prev  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  Next  Last
Circle Lens 0.o
Posted 11/10/12

thefinalword wrote:


magicuser360 wrote:


realmeryl16 wrote:



You do realize that there are many Asians born with LARGE eyes. The reason you are coming off as racist is because you seem to be saying Asians have only one kind of eye shape. Asians are not limited to East Asians, and even some East Asians are born with large eyes.

And no one is butthurt. I for one have no problem with a harmless debate. However, I don't see how a pair of lenses can change a person's entire facial features when all it does is enlarge the iris by a millimeter or two. I would believe you if you said make-up.

And I've also seen those videos you are talking about. But I've also seen other reviews and sources showing Asians with big eyes wearing circle lenses. And the change is just as much as the previous pictures I showed you.

Fun fact: The average diameter of a person's iris is 12mm. That's for all people regardless of race. So circle lenses shouldn't make that much of a change no matter what race you are. The only time drastic changes are made is when you wear them together with well done make up, false lashes, and eyelid glue (if you're monolid).


Again, there is a difference between people who are Asian, and people who are FROM Asia. For example, an Indian person is FROM Asia, but they are NOT considered Asian. They're Caucasian - skin color does not matter; only facial features.

The iris is the same shape for anyone regardless of race; however, it is the shape of the eye itself that is vastly different. And circle lenses DO make a big different according to eye shape, and yes, it does generally make the most difference on Asian eyes, and it is most noticeable on Asian eyes. Because Asian eyes are generally smaller (and I most certainly don't mean that in a negative way) when they put on circle lenses it makes their eyes "pop" and the difference is far more apparent than if a Caucasian or Black person wears them.

Why is it, that because this seems to be a touchy subject that the person who does not agree with the majority immediately becomes "racist"? I wonder if you'll still call me racist when you know I myself am mixed and am half Asian? Or is it only okay when a person of the same race disagrees?






Actually I never said it was racist, i said it was borderlining racist. There actually is a difference between the two.
Before pretending to spew your personal opinion as fact and including
long ass lengthy "lord of the ring" novels as your proof of argument maybe you should take
the time to actually read what you write.

you know what happens when you put on circle lens'?

Your eyes get SLIGHTLY bigger.
big whoop.
I was talking to a homegirl of mine today was who was wearing them and while
they definitely enhanced her eyes, they didnt change how she looked at all.

I knew her name and everything! What a coinkidink.




I never spewed my personal opinion as "fact" - you were just touchy and stupid enough to take it that way, and really made a mountain out of a molehill for the sole fact you didn't agree with my personal statement.

If you're Asian, especially with very "narrow" eyes it makes a massive difference. The eyes are the first thing you notice on a persons face, and circle lenses do play a big part in changing the original look/shape, hence making the features different a lot of the time.
Posted 11/10/12

realmeryl16 wrote:


magicuser360 wrote:


realmeryl16 wrote:



Circle lenses can come in perscription, meaning they can serve as corrective lenses for people who don't like wearing glasses.
And yes, I was talking about Asians by blood and genetics and race. Indians are caucasians but I said there are other Asians with big eyes. Asians are not made of East asians only (korean, Japanese, Chinese, etc). There are also the Southeast Asians like the Thai, Indonesian, Filipino, etc and most of them have large eyes, differently shaped from East asians. You say you are half Asian? You should at least be familiar with this.
And I reiterate what I said in a previous post here:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-135630/circle-lens-0o?pg=32#41510812

Also, yes, you still come off as racist even if you are half. Either that or ignorant of the other Asians that exist.


Of course circle lenses can come in prescription - those are for people who need vision help and for those who want to have larger eyes; not just for those who dislike wearing glasses.

Southeast Asians do have larger eyes than East Asians, but still; Southeast Asians still have the almond-shape of Asian eyes; they're just bigger though than the Eastern ones which are generally more narrow. If Southeastern Asians did not have that distinctive almond-shape, they would have the same eyes as Caucasians or Blacks and people wouldn't be able to immediately recognize them as Asian.

Yup, you can keep calling me racist for the fact that I said I think circle lenses are creepy, and that mostly Asians use them; the latter of which is not a personal opinion, but a fact. How on earth does that make me "racist?" I'm not calling Asian eyes ugly (which they most certainly are not) and I'm not hating on Asians either. All I'm saying is that I personally don't like circle lenses, and that yes; Asians are the ones who wear them the most because they do want larger eyes.

If you call that racist, you don't know what racist is.



The main point I'm trying to make is against this:

"Circle lenses by themselves change your whole eye shape, and your features by making your eyes look totally, completely different and making you in turn look totally different from before/after."

This is what you kept reiterating before and I already provided pictures in the previous link proving your claim otherwise. Circle lenses do not change an entire eye shape. They do not by themselve change an entire person's facial features, whether Asian or not. You are mistaking just circle lenses with circle lenses WITH make-up. Make-up makes the drastic changes. Not circle lenses by themselves. You being racist is besides the point.


The main point you were trying to make was that you got so touchy and annoyed by my personal opinion that you insisted on making a big deal about what a person though ONLINE and made a mountain out of a molehill.

Circle lenses - especially if you're Asian from Japan, Korea, etc.- do change the shape of your eyes from small/narrow to wide open and large, yet retaining the Asian almond shape at the corners. They do make you look totally different immediately.

My cousin is full-blooded Korean with narrower eyes- she wore circle lenses once, and they popped open her eyes at once and really changed her face - even SHE herself said that.

My being racist (which I am not) is something YOU brought up because you simply did not like my personal opinion. What better way to reinstate that than by saying I become racist for saying something you don't agree with?
9974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / San Diego, USA
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
Circle lenses? Like these?

Or perhaps these?


?
42582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Online
Posted 11/10/12
The ones that make your eyes look bigger can be dangerous if worn too frequently so use discretion.
15520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
That is just plain creepy in my opinion, stick with the eye's you were born with and if you don't have any, that's what eye patches are for! ARGGH!
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
They're okay. I don't like them on myself. I prefer regular colored contact lenses.
159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/10/12 , edited 11/10/12


No. My point is what I just stated previously. The one annoyed is apparently you.
You keep saying it changes ENTIRE FACIAL FEATURES. I'm proving to you it only changes iris size.

Her eyes popped, but did you still recognize her? Was she wearing make-up? Was she using eyelid glue? If she was not wearing any make up or eyelid glue and you recognized her, then my point is again proven. The circle lenses did NOT change her ENTIRE appearance. It just made her irises bigger. Now if she wore make up with glue, then I'm sure her appearance changed drastically.
And so what if you're a person online? I'm pretty sure we can have a good debates online unless one of them is a total ass.
12377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
I've heard of them and I have a friend who cosplays who frequently wears them. She looks rather nice with them, but they seem a little fussy to use. I'm not one to keep track of a bunch of different little accessories.

Honestly, I can't tell between circle lenses and regular colored contacts or those with designs. They're basically just cosmetic contacts, that's how I see it. No biggie. Wear em if you want, knock yourself out. Nobody will kill you if you don't wear them, though.
16754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/11/12
Notice the white eye liner on the bottom lash line. That is an old make up trick. White brings a feature forward to make it look bigger. Thus the illusion that your eyes are larger than they actually are. You could do than instead of spending money on contacts.
Posted 11/11/12

realmeryl16 wrote:



No. My point is what I just stated previously. The one annoyed is apparently you.
You keep saying it changes ENTIRE FACIAL FEATURES. I'm proving to you it only changes iris size.

Her eyes popped, but did you still recognize her? Was she wearing make-up? Was she using eyelid glue? If she was not wearing any make up or eyelid glue and you recognized her, then my point is again proven. The circle lenses did NOT change her ENTIRE appearance. It just made her irises bigger. Now if she wore make up with glue, then I'm sure her appearance changed drastically.
And so what if you're a person online? I'm pretty sure we can have a good debates online unless one of them is a total ass.


Sorry, but the one who is annoyed is you; after all, you started contacting me first just because you did not like my comment of my personal opinion.

The fact that the eyes really "pop" with circle lenses does make the person look rather different, especially if they have narrow, small eyes. It does make them look like a different person from before vs. after. Even my FRIEND stated that it made her look totally different when she wore them. So did everyone else who saw her.

You got overly touchy about something you did NOT agree with; a statement made by an anonymous person ONLINE; if you didn't like my comment, why not ignore it? If you're like this with every single person who doesn't agree with you, you're going to be spending a lot of time explaining how your views are "correct" to people who don't care.
Posted 11/11/12

LOSazimuth wrote:

Circle lenses? Like these?

Or perhaps these?


?


Lol!
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/11/12
I would personally get the black ones, just to make my eyes look bigger. But I can't get them because I don't know how to put in contacts @_@
54024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 11/11/12
I've worn these at anime conventions and such.

I never wore contacts before these so at first it was difficult to get them into my eyes. They kept dropping onto my face or the lens would turn backwards and stay on my finger. It takes some practice.
After wearing them for a while i get used to the feel. every once in a while the lens slips to the side or corner of my eye and needs to be adjusted.

just make sure to clean the lenses between uses and don't wear them for too long (like over several days without taking them out) you could get an eye infection. Also, keeping eye drops on hand is a good idea too.

As for style, I like mixing colors for a heterochromatic effect.
Bought mine at yes style (http://www.yesstyle.com/en/circle-contact-lenses/list.html/bcc.11966_bpt.46)
159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

magicuser360 wrote:
Sorry, but the one who is annoyed is you; after all, you started contacting me first just because you did not like my comment of my personal opinion.

The fact that the eyes really "pop" with circle lenses does make the person look rather different, especially if they have narrow, small eyes. It does make them look like a different person from before vs. after. Even my FRIEND stated that it made her look totally different when she wore them. So did everyone else who saw her.

You got overly touchy about something you did NOT agree with; a statement made by an anonymous person ONLINE; if you didn't like my comment, why not ignore it? If you're like this with every single person who doesn't agree with you, you're going to be spending a lot of time explaining how your views are "correct" to people who don't care.


Um, no. My point, which I previously stated still stands. You said something that piqued my interest, because you had a rather exaggerated view about circle lenses, and I merely tried to explain to you with proof that circle lenses BY THEMSELVES only enlarge irises and not change entire facial features. It doesn't matter whether Asian or Caucasian. This comes from every person including myself who wears circle lenses with barely any make-up. People still recognize us. All it does is make the eyes brighter and enhanced, just like light make-up does to a person's face. Again, do not confused "circle lenses + fake lashes + eyelid glue + make-up" with "just circle lenses".

And you seem to dislike making discussions online. You know, posting something ONLINE leaves you open to people who may disagree with you and thus a discussion can happen. But if you dislike discussions, then why on earth are you in a forum?
Posted 11/14/12 , edited 11/14/12

realmeryl16 wrote:


magicuser360 wrote:
Sorry, but the one who is annoyed is you; after all, you started contacting me first just because you did not like my comment of my personal opinion.

The fact that the eyes really "pop" with circle lenses does make the person look rather different, especially if they have narrow, small eyes. It does make them look like a different person from before vs. after. Even my FRIEND stated that it made her look totally different when she wore them. So did everyone else who saw her.

You got overly touchy about something you did NOT agree with; a statement made by an anonymous person ONLINE; if you didn't like my comment, why not ignore it? If you're like this with every single person who doesn't agree with you, you're going to be spending a lot of time explaining how your views are "correct" to people who don't care.


Um, no. My point, which I previously stated still stands. You said something that piqued my interest, because you had a rather exaggerated view about circle lenses, and I merely tried to explain to you with proof that circle lenses BY THEMSELVES only enlarge irises and not change entire facial features. It doesn't matter whether Asian or Caucasian. This comes from every person including myself who wears circle lenses with barely any make-up. People still recognize us. All it does is make the eyes brighter and enhanced, just like light make-up does to a person's face. Again, do not confused "circle lenses + fake lashes + eyelid glue + make-up" with "just circle lenses".

And you seem to dislike making discussions online. You know, posting something ONLINE leaves you open to people who may disagree with you and thus a discussion can happen. But if you dislike discussions, then why on earth are you in a forum?


don't bother.

That's her opinion.
because the moment you put it on it's like wearing a mask!
I'm going to go rob a bank now and wear those circle lenses cuz i'm asian
and it makes me look SUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER different.
First  Prev  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.