First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Initial D Stage 5
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/09 , edited 5/20/09

pettyfools wrote:


pang5t4 wrote:



your dumb 4wd's i think cant drift... havnt you watched the anime


apparently you are the idiot since you havent been paying attention at all in the second stage the guy (think his name was seiji) in the evo 4 was able to make his car drift (check it out in the 3rd episode of second stage), and he even stated it was a 4wd.


if anyone wants to read i think onemanga.com has the whole thing uploaded to ch 537
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/09
wow u stupid or something.

awd and 4wd are completely different

the translators a subtitles were just car noobs.

awd is whenever a wheel loses traction power is sent to that wheel. the only time when all 4 wheels receive 100 percent power is when all 4 wheels lose traction.In other words if the front wheels have traction and the back wheels dont, the front wheel lose as much power as it can to support the rear wheels. preventing slippage or what everyone calls drifting.

except after 1992 japanese manufacturers created AWD system which support loss of traction without subtracting power from the front wheels in order to support the rear wheels when needed.

now how in the hell can you make a rwd do any of the above? RWD means no Front wheel support and 24/7 100 percent power to rear wheels only.

4wd is when 100 percent power is sent to all 4 wheels regardless of traction control.

_______________________________________________________________________________________


to answer every1's questions. Idk if their is a 5th stage. BUT, SEGA has created a 5th stage video game system in japan. b4 the anime even came out lol.

the manga is still going. so far, iketani still sucks, kenji is still stupid, takumi makes a new girl freind and almost gets in a car accident drag racing the impreza 2.5 type rsti trying to impress his new girl forgot her name. his dad gets pissed. school rumble characters beat him in a race.

the stage 5 arcade Story mode has rumors of spoiling 5th stage.

yes they are liscensed for 7 stages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4_Cr078sX8
Posted 12/14/09
HUh? school rumble kids.. OMFG useless group of children and weird anime lolz how could they beat takumi =/ sigh lets run em all over... although in the anime they survived a lot of BS,,, so sigh.. they might survive a hit and run too...

AWD can still slip and drift... you know the little button on the side to turn it off... it called the off button. Even though AWD was put mandatory on most Jap cars over 4WD you still had to have an off switch because AWD killed gas like crazy when it first came out and was only useful in snowy weather even though it still did not let you stop on ice... (nothing lets you stop on ice except wheels made of fire i suppose)

None the less when you turn AWD off on a car it reverts to RWD with most AWD cars also being Front engine cars... if you turn AWD off it reverts to a regular FR vehicle and will drift the same way as a normal RWD vehicle with a front engine...

Not that I seen any AWD vehicles in the anime so far considering that it would be impossible to drift a AWD impala without turning off the AWD so without them mentioning this in the anime or manga I would assume it is a 4WD vehicle as well are all the others either FF FR of 4WD.

FF don't drift than can only turn sharply into corners and thus suck =/ lolz i got a FF and i cant drift unless my front tires are bold as hell and I'm in the middle of a rain storm....

None the less a RF will drift like usual as the front engine will support the front weight while the car skids preventing a burn out unless the driver turns to far shifting the engine weight opposite of the car's movement thus causing a 360 and burn out. You can also call that a wipe out I suppose to.

a 4WD vehicle all 4 wheels are used all at hte same time but it cant drift as well as a FR considering that fact even though it doesn't drift so easily when it does drift is can take corners at higher speeds than most other vehicles. Which is why it is most favored on mountain races.
739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Thessolaniki, Greece
Offline
Posted 2/24/10

spartan115 wrote:

AWD can still slip and drift... you know the little button on the side to turn it off... it called the off button. Even though AWD was put mandatory on most Jap cars over 4WD you still had to have an off switch because AWD killed gas like crazy when it first came out and was only useful in snowy weather even though it still did not let you stop on ice... (nothing lets you stop on ice except wheels made of fire i suppose)

None the less when you turn AWD off on a car it reverts to RWD with most AWD cars also being Front engine cars... if you turn AWD off it reverts to a regular FR vehicle and will drift the same way as a normal RWD vehicle with a front engine...

Not that I seen any AWD vehicles in the anime so far considering that it would be impossible to drift a AWD impala without turning off the AWD so without them mentioning this in the anime or manga I would assume it is a 4WD vehicle as well are all the others either FF FR of 4WD.

FF don't drift than can only turn sharply into corners and thus suck =/ lolz i got a FF and i cant drift unless my front tires are bold as hell and I'm in the middle of a rain storm....

None the less a RF will drift like usual as the front engine will support the front weight while the car skids preventing a burn out unless the driver turns to far shifting the engine weight opposite of the car's movement thus causing a 360 and burn out. You can also call that a wipe out I suppose to.

a 4WD vehicle all 4 wheels are used all at hte same time but it cant drift as well as a FR considering that fact even though it doesn't drift so easily when it does drift is can take corners at higher speeds than most other vehicles. Which is why it is most favored on mountain races.


okay many things wrong here.. lol
First off AWD and 4WD are two different setups. 4WD has power to each wheel whereas AWD has a few variants. Solid axel front/back or solid axel front/ independant rear suspension (IRS more common). Some AWD/4WD vehicles have a torque converter like the skyline GTR and the Impreza STi (Nissan ETS[electronic torque splitter]; Subaru DCCD[driver control center differential]) which you can make RWD bias.

The evo and Skyline use a Transfer case and advance traction control systems (Mitsubishi AYC; Nissan ATTESA) whereas Subarus use symmetrical AWD setup which basically eliminates the torque steering youd find in any AWD vehicle without a transfer case. example being infiniti G35X.

There is no such thing as a mid engine front wheel drive vehicle and there never will be as it would be a waist of money, huge loss of power and ineffiecient design. If there was an RF layout vehicle it would have issues driving as there would be too much unbalanced weight to the rear which is where all the general weight goes when you drive via physics.. (hence cars doing wheels at drag strips) and it would bald your rear tires in no time.

The reason why FF cannot drift is because the tires which countersteer also control the movement of the car so it usually snaps back in line.. its hard to maintain slides in a FWD vehicle tarmac apart from rain which you can use physics to slide it but you really have no control. With FWD cars, you can be on the gas and brake at the same time so you slow the wheels down while keeping your RPM up. RWD have difficulty with this as they tend to oversteer and without a good perception of how to control your vehicle (gas, brake and clutch) you're likely to oversteer and spinout or crash. FWD has understeer, AWD has understeer mildly, RWD has oversteer due to their drivetrain layout and lateral g-force. FF also have alot of weight on their driving vehicles, same with an RR layout which reduces bodyroll and keeps it stable through the turns.
45074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Lynwood
Offline
Posted 9/22/10
Has the 5th stage been out yet.. ? I've searched but havent had much luck... does anyone know if the Anime is out in the states?....
4150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/28/10

muera wrote:

takumi's journey ends on stage 4?? i guess they must make stage 5..last stager where they faces furious racers all over japan..


no they need to go more epic like the world. oh and have him encounter the devil z
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/31/10

tclbigred1 wrote:

wow u stupid or something.

awd and 4wd are completely different

the translators a subtitles were just car noobs.

awd is whenever a wheel loses traction power is sent to that wheel. the only time when all 4 wheels receive 100 percent power is when all 4 wheels lose traction.In other words if the front wheels have traction and the back wheels dont, the front wheel lose as much power as it can to support the rear wheels. preventing slippage or what everyone calls drifting.

except after 1992 japanese manufacturers created AWD system which support loss of traction without subtracting power from the front wheels in order to support the rear wheels when needed.

now how in the hell can you make a rwd do any of the above? RWD means no Front wheel support and 24/7 100 percent power to rear wheels only.

4wd is when 100 percent power is sent to all 4 wheels regardless of traction control.



i wanted to point out you are wrong too... AWD doesn't send power to wheels losing traction because that would cause further loss of traction, it moves power to the wheels with traction to pull the wheels without into a better line so the get traction. thats how it always works cause the other way wouldn't work and doesn't make sense.

unrelated to the above quote, you can't really drift a 4WD car on tarmac because the locking differentials make stability terrible, and it would rip apart the guts of the axle. its more ideal for dirt and snow, but in the racing world AWD is still preferred. 4WD is pretty much used on trucks and SUVs to keep them from getting stuck in the mud and to help them tow shit.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/11
so has anyone even heard yet of a initial D stage 5 yet in the states!? I JUST FINISHED WATCHING IT AND NOW I CANT FIND STAGE 5 SADLY :'(
19005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
November 2012 is when the fifth stage is airing.. hopefully crunchy roll airs the show!
30309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
I don't care if is two episodes per month. Finally after all this years
40191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
so does that mean it's 1 hour each episode?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.