WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Who here think the Final Fantasy series was messed up?
Posted 3/26/08

narutofan999 wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


narutofan999 wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

Well to tell u the truth I believe the Final Fantasy series was messed up in the end. Like from Final Fantasy 10 and up for me it messed up the Final Fantasy series for many reason. Like in Final Fantasy 10 .. I didn't like the fact the Summons were being controlled by human like all the way. I believe summons shouldn't be commanded on what they are told to do. Like in Final Fantasy 7 summons were being controlled but it wasn't control control like in FF10 ... summons suppose to be like god they shouldn't be told what to do and shouldn't risk their life to protect u like in FF10. Also I didn't like the way they made some summon look .. like Bahamut he was to cocky, Ifrit they made him look like a midget, shiva had dredlock .. I meanm come on they could have kept it original. BTW summons weren't hard to get ..if u just saw a temple then u just will know not to leave it till u get a summon ...wow ain't that obvious. FF1-9 are way better than 10 and up. Sorry my opinion...So who else is with me?


id like to say only few things to this..........do better if you think you have abilities far superior from about over 100 people who were making ff 10 and then we could see if it really is better.......we could see that only you would like that game.......i like the way it is now and i would not change a thing......but everyone has their own opinions^^

I have no problem with ur opinion :]



well arent you being nice girl?^^


Well we all have different opinion xD
Posted 3/26/08

xkrazydog wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


xkrazydog wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


anti-freeze wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:
Yes but like for me FFX messedthe series for me from he start. Don't u hate that they are prolly like friken 100s of shive, ifrit, bahumut and etc in that game. They're should only be one type of summon in the game .. not like 50 summons of the same kind.

Ok from what I could understand of that post. There is only one of every summon in that game, one Shiva, one Ifrit, one Bahumut. They each have their own individual class and elements. Second off there is only 8 or 9 summons total in FFX. FFVII was the one that had closer to 30.


No u don't get it they are alot of summoners in hat game. Any summoner have the same summon as u making the game have more than 1 shiva and any other type of summon


Were you like braindead when playing the game? Not anyone can be a summoner, you have to train as a cleric at a young age and go through rigorous ass training. You need will power, mental strength and the nerve to even sacrifice your life for your goal, the fayths realize this and grant them their power. And unless you havent noticed, They all Pray to the SAME Fayth thats why they're the same.
Yuna barely made it too, thats how rigorous it is.

FFVII's summons had NO Relevence to the story AT ALL. They were just there to look flashy and do damage.
If anything FF9 was the best at portrayals of summons because they all had relevance in the story as weapons of destruction that live within the summoners from the summoner village. Also not all FF9 summons were easy to get. Odin you have to rely on luck to get it at the auction house, and Ozma is one tough opponent.

FF9 and FFX did a good job in its putting the Fantasy in the series. Seriously.
FFVII and VIII just didnt have the same old classical feel that 9 And X had as homeage to the classics.

That when ur wrong. Final fantasy 7 and 8 was made before 9 and 10. Basically Final Fantasy 7 and 8 had the the original touch to it and i's clasic feel .. IDK about u .. but that's u



Umm no Classical feel as in the old school SNES Final Fantasy's FF1-6. VII totally went all over.
IX had all the original final fantasies elements in it with
-Dragoons
-summoners and the summoner village
-A second world Terra, similar to the moon (from FFIV)
-War between actual Kingdoms
-The Black Mages and the Black Mage village
-The Four Elemental lords
-Defined class for characters
-A thief as the main hero (reference to FFVI)

=/ i suggest you play all the Final Fantasies before you shoot your mouth about IX. IX was a masterpiece, beautifully crafted by the ORIGINAL father of Final Fantasy, his last work and tribute before Nomura took over.
They took the classical (FFI-FFVI) final fantasy elements and made a whole new awesome feel to it with a beautiful storyline and characters that ACTUALLY improve and change and LEARN. unlike in VII where the only character who actually changes is Frikkin Cloud.
Also IX had 3 MAIN characters with central stories, not just one. No Tifa and Aeris DONT count.

X also had this with Set jobs but you can also EXPAND them, they also had referenced to classical mythologies and more fantasy ish theme then the post modern punk style that VII and VIII had.

Complain to me when you play all of them, ok?


Im gonna admit I only played 1-9 .. u know why I haven't played the rest because they're dumb. I seen my bro play 10 and he got disgusted .. and tn my neigbors have 12 and it threw them off. I just hate them.
Zer0 
55258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/26/08
Lets keep it simple...
FF - Good
FF2 - Crap
FF3 - Crap
FF4 - Good
FF5 - OK
FF6 - Great
FF7 - Borderline crap
FF8 - OK (would have been great if the magic system wasn't so messed up )
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Good
FF11 - Crap
FF12 - Crap

There we go.
1019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philly,PA-USA
Offline
Posted 3/26/08
12 was a breathe of fresh air, it was pretty sweet to me.but 10 was pretty gay if you ask me and 11 shouldn't really count
10598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 3/27/08

anti-freeze wrote:


keelo wrote:


anti-freeze wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:
Yes but like for me FFX messedthe series for me from he start. Don't u hate that they are prolly like friken 100s of shive, ifrit, bahumut and etc in that game. They're should only be one type of summon in the game .. not like 50 summons of the same kind.

Ok from what I could understand of that post. There is only one of every summon in that game, one Shiva, one Ifrit, one Bahumut. They each have their own individual class and elements. Second off there is only 8 or 9 summons total in FFX. FFVII was the one that had closer to 30.


Final Fantasy VIII had 16 I think. are you sure Final Fantasy VII had thirty. let's see.

1. the three Bahamut
2.Ifrit
3.kjata
4. shiva
5.titan
6.ramuh
7.Typhoon
8.Alexander
9.chocobo mug or something like that.
10.Knights of the Round.
11. Odin
12. Hades
13. Phoenix
14. Leviathan

that makes 17


Hi yes, I beat final fantasy VII 8 years ago, forgive me if my memory of the details is a little fuzzy please.


it's cool I wasn't sure myself when I was writing the list.
5734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Under pile of HW
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
FF4A was my favorite, then FFX
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Saint Paul
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
I can understand your reason for not liking FFX because of the way summons are portrayed, but I really think this shouldn't lead you to turn away from the game. During certain parts of the game, I did feel as though summons were treated more like pets rather than Gods, but VIII was just the same. Also sure Tidus may be a little different from what a normal hero would be perceive as, but in my opinion every hero is different. Every single hero can't be like Cloud and Squall, who are depressing, cool looking characters. I think Tidus is unique in his own way. The way he acts and talks just makes me laugh everytime. I really think you should play through the whole game and maybe you'll come to like FFX. You shouldn't just turn away from a game just because you don't like an aspect of it, especially an FF series, since you have already played FF 1-9 and already started on FFX, but if you don't want to it's fine too. The ending is definitely worth all your troubles. Trust me!

Oh and FFX is way much better than the later FF series.


558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/27/08

xkrazydog wrote:


Overlord9 wrote:

lol well i didn't like final fantasy 10 either... what happened to the tough guys as main characters? i mean u used to play with cloud or squall 'slash first ask questions later' zidane i could understand a bit becuz of the scenery in ff9 but tidus wuzzzz sooo lame, vaan isn't any better on that point.... i didn't like ff12 either kinda becuz of that new fighting system and with the gambits u never need to do anything... u just walk to a group of enemies and u can leave...


Cloud and Squall is tough? I'm sorry what hole did you sleep in?
Cloud was a broody lil emo and Squall was just annoying, such cold 2 dimensional characters are not really interesting at all.

Atleast Final Fantasy 10 had some realistic reaction, If you were trapped in an alternate world away from the city your grew up and was famous in, you would act like Tidus too. Who wouldn't want to go home? And he has relations with his father, unlike Cloud and Squall who had almost no family that was relevant to the story.

Also summons in FF10 weren't gods, they were manifestations of fayths and were only guardian spirits. They lend their powers to chosen individuals. I thought battling as Summons was much fun and some were Extremely unpredictable and risky to use like the Magus sisters and Yojimbo. If anything FF7 and FF8, and everything AFTER FF10 were let downs.

FF6, FFT, and FF9 were the best hands down.


Cloud and Squall were both emos. Cloud too massive steroid injections to his forearms and back to support his Buster Sword. Squall was this antisocial guy that had relationship issues. Two of the worst main characters ever. Zidane was the best. Funny, energetic, and even touched Dagger's ass. He is my favorite.
558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/27/08

Zer0 wrote:

Lets keep it simple...
FF - Good
FF2 - Crap
FF3 - Crap
FF4 - Good
FF5 - OK
FF6 - Great
FF7 - Borderline crap
FF8 - OK (would have been great if the magic system wasn't so messed up )
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Good
FF11 - Crap
FF12 - Crap

There we go.


I'll agree with you up to 11. 12, though, is fun for different people. The battle system is like an upgraded FFX-2 (which was the worst FF, imo), so a lot of people didn't like it. I thought they fixed it enough for me to enjoy it, so yeah... 12 did get boring, though. After that autoleveling cycle was exploited, it got boring.
49367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / the clouds
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
some are crap and some are good
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 3/27/08

Zer0 wrote:

Lets keep it simple...
FF - Good
FF2 - Crap
FF3 - Crap
FF4 - Good
FF5 - OK
FF6 - Great
FF7 - Borderline crap
FF8 - OK (would have been great if the magic system wasn't so messed up )
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Good
FF11 - Crap
FF12 - Crap

There we go.


It's funny how I totally agree with this..
FFX-2 was semi-crap but fun at the start for me..
62 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
I'm sorry but FF-12 was a very good game. S-E took a chance by changing up the theme a bit but in the end the theme is honestly not too different from FF9. Anyone who says FF12 was a bad game either hasn't played it or didn't give it a chance. Theme-wise you can't complain about 12 because in many respects its very similar to FF9, but I can possibly understand being put off by the battle-system in FF12 because your 2-3 other characters were essential run by the comp. All I'm saying is that Plot (especially), Theme, and Gameplay in FF12 were extremely well done.
6469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
Final Fantasy seems to be more of a hit and miss franchise in more recent years. I guess if you don't like it anymore, save yourself the 40-60 bucks.

I wouldn't say it's messed up. It's just changed. In order to make money they have to make changes. They may love their work, but they still need money in order to continue the funding to continue doing their work. Of course I agree sometimes they really f*** things up, but obviously, in spite of people saying FFIX is crap, FFVIII is lame, FFXI is retarded, or FFX-2 was a blot on the gaming community, they're clearly still making millions off of the series.
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
nah...I don't think it was messed up!! it was highly useful that you were able to controls your summon, GF, espers, aeons, ect.

would you want something powerful yet couldn't control???? anyway ,,you deserved the summons because of the fact that you had to battle them first correct!? all final fantasy games are great!! the ones saying that they suck were probably the ones you just played and beat it without doing all the real work..like beating optional bosses and sidequests. or you guts just don't like RPG's as much as you think...you say to square-enix that their games suck!! THEY WOULDN'T CARE BECAUSE THEY'RE MAKING TONS OF MONEY OFF OF THE FF GAMES best FF games i've played was 7,8,10, and 12!! and I believe 12 was the best by far!! people say it was bad because it took a different direction by being to political and the characters aren't good enough!! shut up and don't buy them!!.....just like I said before you're not the type of RPG person you think you are!! the reason why everybodies getting turned off of the FF series is mostly FF7 because people portray it as the greatest FF game/ RPG that hit the planet!! also that it the FF game with the most side stories and all!

worst FF games was X-2 and XI bottom line.... they were horrible!!

in the end...you worked hard to get your summons so you have all the right to rule them....just like pokemon when you think about it..and I don't hear you ranting about that????

and besides...IT'S JUST A GAME!!! WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENS!!??

145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

popcornpuffs wrote:

Well to tell u the truth I believe the Final Fantasy series was messed up in the end. Like from Final Fantasy 10 and up for me it messed up the Final Fantasy series for many reason. Like in Final Fantasy 10 .. I didn't like the fact the Summons were being controlled by human like all the way. I believe summons shouldn't be commanded on what they are told to do. Like in Final Fantasy 7 summons were being controlled but it wasn't control control like in FF10 ... summons suppose to be like god they shouldn't be told what to do and shouldn't risk their life to protect u like in FF10. Also I didn't like the way they made some summon look .. like Bahamut he was to cocky, Ifrit they made him look like a midget, shiva had dredlock .. I meanm come on they could have kept it original. BTW summons weren't hard to get ..if u just saw a temple then u just will know not to leave it till u get a summon ...wow ain't that obvious. FF1-9 are way better than 10 and up. Sorry my opinion...So who else is with me?


Wall of text alert. Paragraphs please.

Anyways, I liked FF10. I enjoyed the summon system too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.