First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Who here think the Final Fantasy series was messed up?
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

Zer0 wrote:

Lets keep it simple...
FF - Good
FF2 - Crap
FF3 - Crap
FF4 - Good
FF5 - OK
FF6 - Great
FF7 - Borderline crap
FF8 - OK (would have been great if the magic system wasn't so messed up )
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Good
FF11 - Crap
FF12 - Crap

There we go.



This is my rate on the games:

FF 1 - 6 great for their time, but not amazing, maybe 4 and 6 were kind of interesting because there was a difference on the game play, something new so to say, but still not that catchy.

FF7 the best in my opinion, it was a game way ahead of his time, the MV for the summons were outstanding and the gameplay was made as an RPG game originally was created to be played like, but with all the enhancements to be done, the story line was absorbing, I don't know any RPG gamer who can tell that he dropped playing the game, some even retake the game to play it after several years and they still find it interesting,

FF8 had a very weird approach, it was a totally different game, it had very little to do with what FF had been until FF7, the gameplay, Char design everything looked totally away of anything related to FF, summons totally different, personally I disliked the game very much, and my buddies also and we are super FF fans since we were kids.

FF9 - I liked this one a lot we got back to the FF with wizards and animal like characters, unlike FF8 were all the chars were humans. FF9 returned to that medieval-technological kind of environment which I have always loved about FF, and the story line was not boring, graphics were prety good on my opinion also, the card game was funny to have as a sideshow(some times I even spent more time playing cards than the actual game). Very well balanced in my opinion.

FF10 I actually don't know much about this one but it looked like FF8 kind so I did not bother to play it. Maybe I like the more childish looking FFs since those two(FF8 and FF10) have very mature looking char designs, more like a Resident Evil - Parasite Eve kind of characters.

FF11 For this one I know nothing so no Opinion until I actually check it.

FF12 - personally what I don't like is the new gameplay is just not FF that's all, I'm sure that the story line would be interesting to follow, and the graphics are amazing, but still the plain fact that you do not actually walk into the towns and casttles but need go true those >>>>>>>>>>>>> (arrow things that tells you were to enter) just to lame for my taste.

Only my opinion thought.
868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / new jersey
Offline
Posted 3/28/08
i agree 1-9 are great i can do without the rest 7 was so good it made 8 suck in comparison but was still a good game
868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / new jersey
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

Zer0 wrote:

Lets keep it simple...
FF - Good
FF2 - Crap
FF3 - Crap
FF4 - Good
FF5 - OK
FF6 - Great
FF7 - Borderline crap
FF8 - OK (would have been great if the magic system wasn't so messed up )
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Good
FF11 - Crap
FF12 - Crap

There we go.


7 was crap that game was so good they made a movie and are still coming out with games. most of the characters are secret characters in games that have nothing to do with the series
744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/28/08
people thought they were a story but realy each FF is a new story and even FF7 is the best and it has 4 spin off's
FFX is a 2 part story so i dont think so
264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
dog house over th...
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

goldenmegazx wrote:

nah...I don't think it was messed up!! it was highly useful that you were able to controls your summon, GF, espers, aeons, ect.

would you want something powerful yet couldn't control???? anyway ,,you deserved the summons because of the fact that you had to battle them first correct!? all final fantasy games are great!! the ones saying that they suck were probably the ones you just played and beat it without doing all the real work..like beating optional bosses and sidequests. or you guts just don't like RPG's as much as you think...you say to square-enix that their games suck!! THEY WOULDN'T CARE BECAUSE THEY'RE MAKING TONS OF MONEY OFF OF THE FF GAMES best FF games i've played was 7,8,10, and 12!! and I believe 12 was the best by far!! people say it was bad because it took a different direction by being to political and the characters aren't good enough!! shut up and don't buy them!!.....just like I said before you're not the type of RPG person you think you are!! the reason why everybodies getting turned off of the FF series is mostly FF7 because people portray it as the greatest FF game/ RPG that hit the planet!! also that it the FF game with the most side stories and all!

worst FF games was X-2 and XI bottom line.... they were horrible!!

in the end...you worked hard to get your summons so you have all the right to rule them....just like pokemon when you think about it..and I don't hear you ranting about that????

and besides...IT'S JUST A GAME!!! WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENS!!??



You obviously havent played or havent appreciated the beauty of 9 if its not on your "best list" especially since 7 and 8 had some Huge ass flaws, especially in the battle system and story structure.

8's Fllaw: The battle system was horrible where you relied too heavily on summons. The draw system totally abolished the classic MP requirement Feel and was just annoying in general.
The story was boring and didnt pick up for a good 2 and a half disks.
All the characters had the SAME FRIKKIN PAST.
The use of summons killed your rank in the ranking system.
Battles were notoriously frequent and hard to escape from. <-- Atleast in 9 you had a skill that allowed you to flee better.
-The characters lacked diversity in battle, and like FF7 had no individuality in battle part from their limit breaks.

7's Flaws- The story focused TOO heavily on the advancement and character change of Only ONE character- Cloud. All other characters focus change on "one event" system giving them a 2 dimensional character/
The characters had some despicable racist undertones in them. The only character that wasnt portrayed as negatively was Red XIII.
The battle system's materia killed individuality amongst the characters and often leads to people choosing solely, their favorites rather than using the other characters. The only diversity being their limit breaks.
the death of a main character on the FIRST flippin disk. And lo, it was the best magic user and only character that had some individuality when it came to Magic stats. making her level at this point was a waste of time.

9 was Great, it always will be great, Cuz Nomura didnt butcher it like he did with 7 and 8 with his futuristic shyt punk wannabe shyt. The father of Final fantasy's last work was the greatest. The only downside to 9 was that its a pretty easy game, but if you play it more, you find some little interesting challenges on the way, especially in battle where you want to steal items from bosses that are sometimes one of a kind.

Altho I will agree with you the controlling of summons was a nice touch in X. I would get so pissed off when I watch a good 2 minute cut scene of flashy graphics you cant control, 8 especially was terrible with it and 7's knights of the round was just a major headache.


marcmanking wrote:


Zer0 wrote:

Lets keep it simple...
FF - Good
FF2 - Crap
FF3 - Crap
FF4 - Good
FF5 - OK
FF6 - Great
FF7 - Borderline crap
FF8 - OK (would have been great if the magic system wasn't so messed up )
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Good
FF11 - Crap
FF12 - Crap

There we go.


7 was crap that game was so good they made a movie and are still coming out with games. most of the characters are secret characters in games that have nothing to do with the series


And milked it to the point of it being bigger crap.
Dont forget FFT- which was a great game. Really complex story.
and FFTA - Better battle system but crap story. DX
81333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

keelo wrote:
it's cool I wasn't sure myself when I was writing the list.
Even still FF-VII has a lot more summons than most FF games.

57252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 3/28/08
7 is the bomb x-2 is crap
604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/08
i hated them because they aren't like a real adventure like 9 and down. they require no thinking at all and basically hold your hand while you play. if you dont want to think and like blinking flashy lights, then they're probably for you.....
10600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

anti-freeze wrote:


keelo wrote:
it's cool I wasn't sure myself when I was writing the list.
Even still FF-VII has a lot more summons than most FF games.



that's true final fantasy VIII had 16 summons! squarenix is a company full of freaks.
624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/28/08
In my eyes, there were only 2 Final Fantasy games that sucked most arse, FFX-2 Its like they raped FFX, Tidus deserved to dissapear, that should of been the end. FFXI Because its an online final fantasy. And all of the FFVII games apart from the original, they suck, I dont want a first person shooter, I don't want a sequal, I dont want to know about zac, all I needed were the movie and the original game, the end. Square! Stop focusing on Final Fantasy VII's popularity, and start focusing on good plots for future Final Fantasy, and please, none of that Ivalice crap, they use that name in almost all th handheld FF and in FFXII its awful and unoriginal.

And Final Fantasy X was a good game, although it was way too easy. Immortal for the last boss WTF.
3970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/28/08
...You do realize that most (or all) of the games dealing with Ivalice were connected right?
81333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

keelo wrote:

that's true final fantasy VIII had 16 summons! squarenix is a company full of freaks.
Ummm well not really, they just try and give the gamers variety like they are always whining aboug.

36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 3/28/08
I love most FF Games... but even I will agree that after 9 it got bad... must have something to do with the PS2... all games that go there go to game series hell...

Think Crash Bandicoot... Worms... I think you know where I am coming from...
2554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

ubercloney wrote:

In my eyes, there were only 2 Final Fantasy games that sucked most arse, FFX-2 Its like they raped FFX, Tidus deserved to dissapear, that should of been the end. FFXI Because its an online final fantasy. And all of the FFVII games apart from the original, they suck, I dont want a first person shooter, I don't want a sequal, I dont want to know about zac, all I needed were the movie and the original game, the end. Square! Stop focusing on Final Fantasy VII's popularity, and start focusing on good plots for future Final Fantasy, and please, none of that Ivalice crap, they use that name in almost all th handheld FF and in FFXII its awful and unoriginal.

And Final Fantasy X was a good game, although it was way too easy. Immortal for the last boss WTF.


Have you played Crisis Core? Even if it may have been another way to milk money out of the FF7 franchise, it was a bloody good game. SE did everything right with the game, if not 95% right. The ONLY flaw I can think of atm was how you might end up watching the same "limit break" FMVs when all you wanted to do was hack and slash. You'll know what I'm talking about if you've played it.

From a gamers point of view, it was an awesome game.
From a story-follower's point of view, it was quite a good spin-off and fit quite well into the FF7 story. The only thing my friend and I were discussing with the story-line flaw was how Aerith (it is Aerith in CC) was 16 or so.

Goes into #1 for my PSP game ranks, and now I'm playing FF7 again.
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 3/28/08
Oh come now FFX and FFX-2 was not that bad, at least you got a good story, that's one of the main point playing RPG.
But honestly i did not have fun playing with FFXII, not a good FF story and althrough the gameplay style have fun in the begginning but so you get bored with it.

For FFXI, i have never play but think that next online FF game with the grapic and cool gameplay style on PS3, that will be worth it.

I think the next FF game can fight with FF7 is Fantay Fantasy Versus XIII.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.