First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
*Tutorial* How to make your very own anime avatar!
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / LuzViMinda
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

mangoku wrote:


gadeel wrote:


iambill10 wrote:


gadeel wrote:

Any tips for a guy who absolutely sucks in using editing tools?


What's you problem in editing? Feel free to share.


Almost the whole thing. It comes out wrong even if I follow the instructions as stated.

The only thing I could get right is something like my avatar, because there was a sketch of the Exia behind it before. Removing something is pretty much the only thing I can do right that doesn't require multiple tries.


you should get a book or ask someone experienced to teach you the basics first......i was at your stage a while ago, i didnt know anything except removing stuff.......but i asked my computer teacher, and he taught me the basics: what each tool does, what these weird words mean, etc.etc.....once you know the basics, it makes it easier to follow the instructions because you know exactly what the instructions are talking about


My computer teacher only taught us on how to use the things in Microsoft Office.

The erasing, I didn't even know how to do until I asked someone. And it's still shoddy. If you look at the GN-GM's left foot, you'll see some traces of the Exia's foot there.
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / LuzViMinda
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

iambill10 wrote:


gadeel wrote:


iambill10 wrote:


gadeel wrote:

Any tips for a guy who absolutely sucks in using editing tools?


What's you problem in editing? Feel free to share.


Almost the whole thing. It comes out wrong even if I follow the instructions as stated.

The only thing I could get right is something like my avatar, because there was a sketch of the Exia behind it before. Removing something is pretty much the only thing I can do right that doesn't require multiple tries.

Edit: sorry, I erased all those failures some time ago. The only sample I have currently available is my avatar.


Maybe the recycle bin still have the pics.

May I know the size of your desired avatar?


Umm, sorry. That was a while ago so they're lost cases.

The sizes I use are usually 200 x 200 or 250 x 450. My current avatar is 260 x 449. It isn't too bad (my best work yet), but you'll see a bit of the Exia near its left foot if you look closely.
Posted 3/22/08

gadeel wrote:


mangoku wrote:


gadeel wrote:


iambill10 wrote:


gadeel wrote:

Any tips for a guy who absolutely sucks in using editing tools?


What's you problem in editing? Feel free to share.


Almost the whole thing. It comes out wrong even if I follow the instructions as stated.

The only thing I could get right is something like my avatar, because there was a sketch of the Exia behind it before. Removing something is pretty much the only thing I can do right that doesn't require multiple tries.


you should get a book or ask someone experienced to teach you the basics first......i was at your stage a while ago, i didnt know anything except removing stuff.......but i asked my computer teacher, and he taught me the basics: what each tool does, what these weird words mean, etc.etc.....once you know the basics, it makes it easier to follow the instructions because you know exactly what the instructions are talking about


My computer teacher only taught us on how to use the things in Microsoft Office.

The erasing, I didn't even know how to do until I asked someone. And it's still shoddy. If you look at the GN-GM's left foot, you'll see some traces of the Exia's foot there.


if you wanna erase there are 3 main ways

1. The Eraser Way

2. The Lasso Way - if you know how to use the polygonal lasso or magnetic lasso, you could outline your image in one of those boxes that select stuff within them (the one with the moving dotted line)..then you could press ctrl + i then press delete, and that would delete whatever you wouldnt want

or 3. The Pen, Brush, Alpha Channel and Extract Filter way.....this way is uber pro, you could remove someones head from a background and still retain detail on the hair.........but i need to make a tutorial to show you how to do this, because its overly complicated......but its by far the most perfect way

if you supply me an image with background to erase (i have none currently) i could make that tutorial for you...it would take a few hours though.........and it only works for Photoshop
Posted 3/22/08
if u want to stretch pics without ruining them u could use word 2007 (i dunno if u could do the same in 2003 u might aswell give it a try) just add the pic u want edit, grab it at the right corner then drag to the right(bigger)/left (smaller) then if happy with the size u cut and and past it in paint for the finishing touch...



i did it for the two pics in the bottom right corner if i changed size in paint it would become really ugly...
1739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/22/08
this would be so so so so much easier with adobe photoshop........and about the price of the software u could download any software if u know where to find it.....like torrent sites and stuff...be creative
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / LuzViMinda
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

mangoku wrote:

if you wanna erase there are 3 main ways

1. The Eraser Way

2. The Lasso Way - if you know how to use the polygonal lasso or magnetic lasso, you could outline your image in one of those boxes that select stuff within them (the one with the moving dotted line)..then you could press ctrl + i then press delete, and that would delete whatever you wouldnt want

or 3. The Pen, Brush, Alpha Channel and Extract Filter way.....this way is uber pro, you could remove someones head from a background and still retain detail on the hair.........but i need to make a tutorial to show you how to do this, because its overly complicated......but its by far the most perfect way

if you supply me an image with background to erase (i have none currently) i could make that tutorial for you...it would take a few hours though.........and it only works for Photoshop


The eraser way, I know how to do (somewhat), but the other two, I have no idea about them, unless you count the brush option in Paint.

And if you could do that tutorial, I would be grateful, even if you could show it next fricking week.

And for the image, would this do?

1739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/22/08



I'm having problems making an avatar in this:

I need a god shot in 200x500 (wxl) that's why I'm interested in this file.









Hey didnt u say u have photoshop.....its in the menu bar...in image or adjustments......it resizes it with out stretching.....so u still get the same quality u want.....

Posted 3/22/08

gadeel wrote:

And if you could do that tutorial, I would be grateful, even if you could show it next fricking week.



it will be done....
8036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / COFFiN. ♥
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

Naruto_Fan05 wrote:




I'm having problems making an avatar in this:

I need a god shot in 200x500 (wxl) that's why I'm interested in this file.









Hey didnt u say u have photoshop.....its in the menu bar...in image or adjustments......it resizes it with out stretching.....so u still get the same quality u want.....



The picture is 350x350 meaning its equal if your gonna resize it, it will either be 200x200 or 500x500. You can't get 200x500 without damaging the quality.

Posted 3/22/08

Naruto_Fan05 wrote:

this would be so so so so much easier with adobe photoshop........and about the price of the software u could download any software if u know where to find it.....like torrent sites and stuff...be creative :)


PLEASE no discussion about that in my thread!
14520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/22/08
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Where do you want...
Offline
Posted 3/22/08
If you have fraps + micrsoft word you can do it ALOT easier and faster xD..
2073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/22/08
hey where can i find the images that is print screen?

and oh this one is mine i made



...tnx 4 d info
6117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/22/08
coolness thnx for the info ^^
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 3/22/08
Awesome! ;D

Gonna make a try *dances*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.