First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Re: The Manga Section [Unavailable]
71677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
You may have noticed that the manga section is currently down. Due to stricter licensing policies for Manga print, the Manga section is currently closed down until further notice.

Whether or not unlicensed titles will be available for viewing once the section is reopened is unsure, but suffice it to know that the Manga section will mainly feature fan art and other non-licensed material.


I hope this clears things up. Feel free to ask questions, although I'm not sure if we (the moderators) can answer any of them sufficiently, given that we have yet to hear any formal statement from Shinji, himself.



Thank you, and good day.
710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / California
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
That explains a lot. Thanks for clearing it up. =)
6811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

edsamac wrote:

You may have noticed that the manga section is currently down. Due to stricter licensing policies for Manga print, the Manga section is currently closed down until further notice.

Whether or not unlicensed titles will be available for viewing once the section is reopened is unsure, but suffice it to know that the Manga section will mainly feature fan art and other non-licensed material.


I hope this clears things up. Feel free to ask questions, although I'm not sure if we (the moderators) can answer any of them sufficiently, given that we have yet to hear any formal statement from Shinji, himself.



Thank you, and good day.


All I wanna know is about the 'Doujinshi' option because I'm getting a little confused....Upload says to upload doujinshi, but when I upload some, it gets rejected. And then the fact of ratings of the genres and how some people here on CR are a little homophobic and how most doujinshis focus on homosexual relationships.... So basically, can anyone here tell me what is going to happen??? Is CR going to become my main doujinshi site!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! *gets shot*
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
Uh oh...
71677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

Azn_gurl wrote:

All I wanna know is about the 'Doujinshi' option because I'm getting a little confused....Upload says to upload doujinshi, but when I upload some, it gets rejected. And then the fact of ratings of the genres and how some people here on CR are a little homophobic and how most doujinshis focus on homosexual relationships.... So basically, can anyone here tell me what is going to happen??? Is CR going to become my main doujinshi site!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! *gets shot*


Please get your Japanese terms, right. Doujin is different than Doujinshi, and though the popular notion of Doujin is that of ecchi or hentai, it means nothing of the sort. Doujins are usually amateur works and can sometimes be forms of fan-art. By no means is CR endorsing the uploading of R18 material.

In addition, the manga section isn't even the main focus of the site. It was just a suggestion that came out when Shinji felt like supporting manga. The main focus of the site is still to stream Asian media. Don't get too excited.
6811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

edsamac wrote:


Azn_gurl wrote:

All I wanna know is about the 'Doujinshi' option because I'm getting a little confused....Upload says to upload doujinshi, but when I upload some, it gets rejected. And then the fact of ratings of the genres and how some people here on CR are a little homophobic and how most doujinshis focus on homosexual relationships.... So basically, can anyone here tell me what is going to happen??? Is CR going to become my main doujinshi site!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! *gets shot*


Please get your Japanese terms, right. Doujin is different than Doujinshi, and though the popular notion of Doujin is that of ecchi or hentai, it means nothing of the sort. Doujins are usually amateur works and can sometimes be forms of fan-art. By no means is CR endorsing the uploading of R18 material.

In addition, the manga section isn't even the main focus of the site. It was just a suggestion that came out when Shinji felt like supporting manga. The main focus of the site is still to stream Asian media. Don't get too excited.


Thanks. I already knew that Doujin were all fanworks. It's just that since it was put in the 'manga' section and that it said 'Dojin,' I automatically put two and two together. But I was just worrying that if uploading doujins were allowed, I would be uploading a lot of BL....and I just wanted to be sure so I wouldn't get bashed at.....>.>'''
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Somewhere In the...
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
When I can read the manga?
10634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / at freesky online~
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
souka that's why its down...thx for clearing up anyway^^
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
no biggie as cr hosted mangas have crap image quality anyway.
50819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / F / Pearl of the Orient
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
hmmm..too bad...
3948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seretei
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
i want to read manga T_T
Posted 3/23/08
haiz
240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / (never never land...
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

edsamac wrote:

You may have noticed that the manga section is currently down. Due to stricter licensing policies for Manga print, the Manga section is currently closed down until further notice.

Whether or not unlicensed titles will be available for viewing once the section is reopened is unsure, but suffice it to know that the Manga section will mainly feature fan art and other non-licensed material.


I hope this clears things up. Feel free to ask questions, although I'm not sure if we (the moderators) can answer any of them sufficiently, given that we have yet to hear any formal statement from Shinji, himself.



Thank you, and good day.


ok when u said "will "mainly" feature fan art and other non-licensed material." dos that mean that some mangas that are from real authers will be mixed in or do u mean that the manga section will be absolutly be a fan art and non license material
71677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

mannixx wrote:

ok when u said "will "mainly" feature fan art and other non-licensed material." dos that mean that some mangas that are from real authers will be mixed in or do u mean that the manga section will be absolutly be a fan art and non license material


Like I said, I'm not too sure if unlicensed titles will be included, but definitely we'll be releasing things that aren't licensed. Did that make sense?

I know it doesn't, but as of now, it looks like the focus will be fan art and dojins, both of which are non-licensed.
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
so, sad... i want to read lots of manga...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.