First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
IB - International Baccalaureate
Posted 11/29/07
lol... great expectations

HANDS = SOCIAL CLASSES!!!
I remember that they had an entire book summary on /b/ once...
*sigh* the memories -_-
but now we're doing Neruda's love poems and most of the IB girls in my class were like... sheltered for most of their lives o_O;; so obviously, it didn't sit well w/ most of them

yeah, I heard that too... starting as a sophomore... but the reality is, most colleges (at least here in america) don't even accept your IB scores... sure, they put you in a cute little pile to be picked out of, but it's not like IB is a guarantee for getting into a good school. There's a metric fuckton of work and only the really HARDCORE workers manage As and Bs in their Junior and Senior year... I myself am hanging on the edge of oblivion right now -_-;;

I only really did IB because the rest of my school is full of fakers and rednecks ¬_¬;; I like being in classes w/ a small amount of people (less name memorization)... the only problem is that most of the people are hardcore studiers and think they're the shit at everything they do... and some of the guys are real dicks ⌐_⌐;;... but once you get past that, you realize that IB people aren't actually smart at school... they're just really good at cheating and not getting caught >:3
998 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Vancouverrr.
Offline
Posted 11/29/07
I'm doing IB certificate.. i dropped from diploma.

Seriously.

DONT TAKE IT. -.-

unless you wanna go into an Ivy league OR study abroad

& it's definately more suited for the science people.

Or else it'd be a waste of time =/

Take AP instead..it's much more suited for like, people that are smart (straight A's, wanna be challenged) but just wanna go into a state U or something
1963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / milwalkee
Offline
Posted 12/14/07
it helps u get into colleges and u can even get into some free and it dosnt only focus on grades im gonna aply when i go into 8th grade
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/25/08

miilki wrote:

I'm doing IB certificate.. i dropped from diploma.

Seriously.

DONT TAKE IT. -.-

unless you wanna go into an Ivy league OR study abroad

& it's definately more suited for the science people.

Or else it'd be a waste of time =/

Take AP instead..it's much more suited for like, people that are smart (straight A's, wanna be challenged) but just wanna go into a state U or something


how can you drop out? which school were you in? i'm currently in one and next i'll be in IB..nervous about ToK
998 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Vancouverrr.
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

ailin350 wrote:


miilki wrote:

I'm doing IB certificate.. i dropped from diploma.

Seriously.

DONT TAKE IT. -.-

unless you wanna go into an Ivy league OR study abroad

& it's definately more suited for the science people.

Or else it'd be a waste of time =/

Take AP instead..it's much more suited for like, people that are smart (straight A's, wanna be challenged) but just wanna go into a state U or something


how can you drop out? which school were you in? i'm currently in one and next i'll be in IB..nervous about ToK


i go to richmond high's... it's in richmond, BC.. and you can drop it if you don't feel like it's for you.. you can drop anytime before gr 12.. TOK's the least you have to worry about. think about ur EE (4000 word essay), your G4 project and CAS and especially IB exams.. everyone's freaking out right now.. ==" not a smart idea.. seriously
1077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
omg i was in that program and it's one word torture but honestly though it's really not for everyone esp. if you're not good at math and science. I think you should stick with what you love and your passions. Just because you drop out of IB doesn't mean you're a loser besides seems like a lot of people in IB end up going to their in-state schools instead of ivy league anyways . No seriously it's true
12950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / does it really ma...
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
well...i'm taking IB this yr..
and i've chosen:
English
Chinese HL
Business and Management HL
Physics
Mathematics HL
Visual Arts - Design

yea...gonna take Chinese HL, Business HL and Maths HL...hehehe the teachers said HL and SL are basically the same...although HL u just learn more stuff...the only subject that learns different topics is Mathematics - which means Math HL and Math SL learn different things....

and u need real good time management for IB x______x

and if you want more info on wat they teach u in the subjects...go to:
http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/ib-notes/index.html
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/IB

and this website has a lot of IB ppl:
http://www.ibscrewed.net/


Posted 1/26/08
i'm currently taking a few ib classes now.
i dropped the diploma program.

if you aren't totally devoted to your
studies, don't go for the diploma.
it's time consuming. lot's of essays, orals, and projects.
and the extra theory of knowledge (TOK) class no one
else has to take.
lot's of reading, too, along with deep analyzing, deep reads,
and socratic seminars.

PLUS, it is NOT useless if you simply
take a few ib classes.

just, take ib for the subjects you're
good at and do a lot of community service.

you can still get into pretty good universities
with the certificates and hours.

reccomended, at least 4 ib classes.



edit: you will panic when the extended essays,
world lit. papers, and ib exams come, which you
will have to pay for.
6468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
hmmmm there is a school sort of near me that has it, except its one of the worser schools in my area even though they are the only ones "qualified" to offer it. Im taking some AP classes and they are really hard, so i imagine that IB would be a step up from AP too... Probably really hard.
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

miilki wrote:


i go to richmond high's... it's in richmond, BC.. and you can drop it if you don't feel like it's for you.. you can drop anytime before gr 12.. TOK's the least you have to worry about. think about ur EE (4000 word essay), your G4 project and CAS and especially IB exams.. everyone's freaking out right now.. ==" not a smart idea.. seriously


ohhh, yes i have to think about EE.. i can actually expand my essay from Grade 10. CAS is no problem but i think i'll hate ToK essays!


hanabisakura wrote:

well...i'm taking IB this yr..
and i've chosen:
English
Chinese HL
Business and Management HL
Physics
Mathematics HL
Visual Arts - Design

yea...gonna take Chinese HL, Business HL and Maths HL...hehehe the teachers said HL and SL are basically the same...although HL u just learn more stuff...the only subject that learns different topics is Mathematics - which means Math HL and Math SL learn different things....


omg your school offers HL chinese! mine doesn't. and i have to take HL Economics.. Kill me

2910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / With in the light
Offline
Posted 1/31/08
gl
5288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / K-town ❤
Offline
Posted 2/10/08

miilki wrote:

I'm doing IB certificate.. i dropped from diploma.

Seriously.

DONT TAKE IT. -.-

unless you wanna go into an Ivy league OR study abroad

& it's definately more suited for the science people.

Or else it'd be a waste of time =/

Take AP instead..it's much more suited for like, people that are smart (straight A's, wanna be challenged) but just wanna go into a state U or something


Definitely don't take IB if you're not serious, and want no social life. It's also useless to you if you just want to go to local universities/colleges. The only schools which take IBs seriously are the private schools and/or International schools. If your program you want to get into has the word "International" in it, it will undoubtedly will give you a better edge when you apply with an IB diploma.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in your imagination
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
im in an IB school!
1730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
IB gives alot of homework everyday and those summer reading projects. I always procrastinate on those things, which is not a very good idea.
Posted 2/10/08
dont kill youself over goin to an IB school. it doesnt really help you get into a better college.

its just goin to make your high school life miserable.

unless you like hardcore studyin, dont do it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.