First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
BAD Americans..
2357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Peru (at last here)
Offline
Posted 9/19/07
never heard of George Carlin.... but i disagree in so many points ^_^ and that's not being a bad american at all.... since everyone has an opinion for everything....
5521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/23/07
I just hate SOME of 'em girls who are so liberated about everything.
208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/23/07

sheighton wrote:
Uh huh, yeah...BTW we'll just sit over here on our butts and laugh at how we have it better than the rest of you...We make more money...We get whatever we want...More people emigrate here than to anywhere else for a reason...Yeah, it sure is terrible over here...


Somehow Norway tops the list of "Best countries to live in" ... We also rank second in most suicides (in comparison to population). So yeah, America fails. And there's so many wrong statements in the quote I just don't feel like using time on correcting them.
4395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 9/23/07

stop quarreling you two (azrael910 and sheighton).........i support azreal910.......
1337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / East Coast
Offline
Posted 9/23/07
for all of you guys ranting about how you don't like how a lot of things include spanish now, guess what...this country was based on immigration. You yourselves descend from immigrants, everyone does. Even the "native americans" immigrated over.

It seems that every few years with a new kind of immigrant coming into the country at a high rate, there's someone to complain about them coming in. Ex: The irish, the italian, the chinese, the japanese, the greeks, the hispanic, etc.

Just get used to it. No one is imposing a language on you, don't impose it on them.

and btw, if you wanna talk about the national language of America, in the early stages of the country the national language was very nearly GERMAN.
Would you be saying the same thing about english speakers if that had happened?


edit: sorry if some/all of this is redundant with what other's have said. I didn't see those posts before I posted.
10149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home of SeaBiscuit
Offline
Posted 9/23/07

Shiketsu wrote:


stop quarreling you two (azrael910 and sheighton).........i support azreal910.......


Its not a quarrel, its a debate. I for one is interested in what the 2 have to say cause I can agree on both sides. So if you don't like "quarreling," GTFO.
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 9/23/07

Tagi-chan wrote:

for all of you guys ranting about how you don't like how a lot of things include spanish now, guess what...this country was based on immigration. You yourselves descend from immigrants, everyone does. Even the "native americans" immigrated over.

It seems that every few years with a new kind of immigrant coming into the country at a high rate, there's someone to complain about them coming in. Ex: The irish, the italian, the chinese, the japanese, the greeks, the hispanic, etc.

Just get used to it. No one is imposing a language on you, don't impose it on them.

and btw, if you wanna talk about the national language of America, in the early stages of the country the national language was very nearly GERMAN.
Would you be saying the same thing about english speakers if that had happened?


edit: sorry if some/all of this is redundant with what other's have said. I didn't see those posts before I posted.


you sound like a fool
Posted 9/23/07
.......................what ever!
11885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 9/23/07

mastergoblin wrote:


sheighton wrote:
Uh huh, yeah...BTW we'll just sit over here on our butts and laugh at how we have it better than the rest of you...We make more money...We get whatever we want...More people emigrate here than to anywhere else for a reason...Yeah, it sure is terrible over here...


Somehow Norway tops the list of "Best countries to live in" ... We also rank second in most suicides (in comparison to population). So yeah, America fails. And there's so many wrong statements in the quote I just don't feel like using time on correcting them.


It is in your opinion that my statements are invalid, but I choose to disagree...It is a fact that America has and has had one of the highest, if not the outright highest immigration rates in the world...Reason? People want to come here because this is still the land of opportunity...Secondly, Americans do also have one of the highest average incomes per individual and per family in the world. Third, we also have more resources, goods, and products [especially luxury items] at our disposal than any other country in the world. Furthermore, people come here to be educated because America also has the best collection of the top colleges and universities in the world...Suicide rates do not have nearly as much to do with living conditions as they do mental and social (mainly family and friends) issues/problems...And finally, Norway and Sweden are usually ranked in the top 5 of best countries to live in due to the fact they are highly socialist and provide much for their people [the trade off being VERY high tax rates]...No country is perfect, but the United States has a lot more going for it that 90% of the world.
179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/12
I'm a bad american. :\
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.