Created by Cain
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Favorite Side-Scrolling Franchise
1236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Whispering Rock P...
Offline
Posted 3/24/08 , edited 3/24/08
Vote for your favorite!
1870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Attleboro, MA
Offline
Posted 3/24/08
Sonics got my Vote
4804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/08
Castlevania, always was fun playing the CV games, LoI was the best (Lament of Innocence) on PS2 in my opinion.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/24/08
Catlevania games, from the classic simple but fun side-scroller of Castlevania 1,3 and 4 to the Metroid-like (RPG elements, deeper gameplay than the previous ones) games from Symphony of the Night to Dawn of Sorrow, they're all great games.

Most of the 3D Castlevania games like Lament of Innocence while decent games, will never be as good as the classic 2D Castlevania games, and they can't be considered side-scrollers anymore since it loses the meaning when it went to 3D.
1236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Whispering Rock P...
Offline
Posted 3/24/08

sigma_draconis wrote:

Catlevania games, from the classic simple but fun side-scroller of Castlevania 1,3 and 4 to the Metroid-like (RPG elements, deeper gameplay than the previous ones) games from Symphony of the Night to Dawn of Sorrow, they're all great games.

Most of the 3D Castlevania games like Lament of Innocence while decent games, will never be as good as the classic 2D Castlevania games, and they can't be considered side-scrollers anymore since it loses the meaning when it went to 3D.


I agree. Games like Curse of Darkness don't even come close to incredible titles like Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/24/08

Cain wrote:


sigma_draconis wrote:

Catlevania games, from the classic simple but fun side-scroller of Castlevania 1,3 and 4 to the Metroid-like (RPG elements, deeper gameplay than the previous ones) games from Symphony of the Night to Dawn of Sorrow, they're all great games.

Most of the 3D Castlevania games like Lament of Innocence while decent games, will never be as good as the classic 2D Castlevania games, and they can't be considered side-scrollers anymore since it loses the meaning when it went to 3D.


I agree. Games like Curse of Darkness don't even come close to incredible titles like Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow.


Yeah, but it's quite a dissapointment. If Metroid could transleate well to 3D, then why can't Castlevania?

The last good Castlevania game was Dawn of Sorrow IMO, which shows that the series seems to be better off staying in 2D and on handhelds (since that's where 2D games are at, while most consoles move to 3D).
1236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Whispering Rock P...
Offline
Posted 3/24/08

sigma_draconis wrote:


Cain wrote:


sigma_draconis wrote:

Catlevania games, from the classic simple but fun side-scroller of Castlevania 1,3 and 4 to the Metroid-like (RPG elements, deeper gameplay than the previous ones) games from Symphony of the Night to Dawn of Sorrow, they're all great games.

Most of the 3D Castlevania games like Lament of Innocence while decent games, will never be as good as the classic 2D Castlevania games, and they can't be considered side-scrollers anymore since it loses the meaning when it went to 3D.


I agree. Games like Curse of Darkness don't even come close to incredible titles like Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow.


Yeah, but it's quite a dissapointment. If Metroid could transleate well to 3D, then why can't Castlevania?

The last good Castlevania game was Dawn of Sorrow IMO, which shows that the series seems to be better off staying in 2D and on handhelds (since that's where 2D games are at, while most consoles move to 3D).


Portrait of Ruin was very good, but Dawn of Sorrow is probably either the second or third best in the series. And really, the only good 3-D Metroid was Metroid Prime, as Echoes, Hunters, and Corruption were all total let-downs.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/24/08

Cain wrote:


sigma_draconis wrote:


Cain wrote:


sigma_draconis wrote:

Catlevania games, from the classic simple but fun side-scroller of Castlevania 1,3 and 4 to the Metroid-like (RPG elements, deeper gameplay than the previous ones) games from Symphony of the Night to Dawn of Sorrow, they're all great games.

Most of the 3D Castlevania games like Lament of Innocence while decent games, will never be as good as the classic 2D Castlevania games, and they can't be considered side-scrollers anymore since it loses the meaning when it went to 3D.


I agree. Games like Curse of Darkness don't even come close to incredible titles like Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow.


Yeah, but it's quite a dissapointment. If Metroid could transleate well to 3D, then why can't Castlevania?

The last good Castlevania game was Dawn of Sorrow IMO, which shows that the series seems to be better off staying in 2D and on handhelds (since that's where 2D games are at, while most consoles move to 3D).


Portrait of Ruin was very good, but Dawn of Sorrow is probably either the second or third best in the series. And really, the only good 3-D Metroid was Metroid Prime, as Echoes, Hunters, and Corruption were all total let-downs.


While I haven't played Hunters or Corruption, I've played both Prime and Echoes and I think they're both great games. I thought that even if Echoes have a different tone and feel than Prime it was still a good game and certainly didn't dissapoint me as Prime's sequel. What was it about Echoes that let you down?
1236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Whispering Rock P...
Offline
Posted 3/25/08

sigma_draconis wrote:

While I haven't played Hunters or Corruption, I've played both Prime and Echoes and I think they're both great games. I thought that even if Echoes have a different tone and feel than Prime it was still a good game and certainly didn't dissapoint me as Prime's sequel. What was it about Echoes that let you down?


I think its was the different feeling. It was an okay game, but the experience of Metroid Prime felt PERFECT.
Posted 3/25/08
Metal Slug FTW.....
Posted 3/25/08
castlevania's symphony of the night and aria of sorrow
592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In your imaginati...
Offline
Posted 3/25/08
supermario bros!
80213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 3/25/08
It is kind of hard to determine but I am going with Mario. Just because of the diversity of game play that Mario has.
15242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / In the "Throne of...
Offline
Posted 3/29/08
megaman
3707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/30/08
what? no mario? :O!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.