First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/21/08 , edited 9/21/08

URbaka wrote:
\sorry didn't mean to sound rude it just seemed to come out that way when typing (can't express emotions when typing, you got to read it in a "I'm Very Curious" way which is how I am trying to ask the question.)
But here is the question I really wanted answered. If Islam believes in getting to heaven through good deeds then a person who does not believe in Allah but does good all his/her life will go to heaven?


Didn’t I already answer that? Only Muslims can go to heaven, according to Islamic theology. This is because a good deed is only good when done for good. The example I gave was saving somebody’s life to take somebody else’s.

Like, if you were about to kill my sister and then got hit by a car. Well, I want my sister dead so I rush you to the hospital. You see, that’s not really a good thing because I’m doing it for bad. However, if I save your life because I sincerely want to do something good, then my deed is good.

Allah is the ultimate good, so the only good deeds are those done in the name of Allah. Any other deed is hollow or selfish.

P.S: Don't worry, 'bout it. As long as you're not -trying- to be rude I don't think anyone will mind.
Member
39793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / With the one I lo...
Offline
Posted 9/22/08

URbaka wrote:
If Islam believes in getting to heaven through good deeds then a person who does not believe in Allah but does good all his/her life will go to heaven?



Not only good deeds make Muslims go to heaven , praying is extremely important ,the daily devotion to "Allah" is the main key to the heaven doors ,a good muslim is a person who pratice his religion everyday through prayer & actions , a bad deed could cancel a good one, and "vice vers sa "
ex: not doing the five prayers a day and helping people around, fasting but not doing the prayers,
to make it short :
doing a good deed for Allah's sake is islam.
doing a good deed not for Allah's sake is not islam.
Member
39793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / With the one I lo...
Offline
Posted 9/22/08

SeraphAlford wrote:
This is because a good deed is only good when done for good. The example I gave was saving somebody’s life to take somebody else’s.


According to Islam , all your actions must be for Allah "fi sabili allah"

>>>>>Seraph all respect to you i for this thread , i was a bit afraid of misunderstanding of non Muslims for Islam but i think the world is getting better with people like you =)


Member
1152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 10/1/08

URbaka wrote:



sorry didn't mean to sound rude it just seemed to come out that way when typing (can't express emotions when typing, you got to read it in a "I'm Very Curious" way which is how I am trying to ask the question.)
But here is the question I really wanted answered. If Islam believes in getting to heaven through good deeds then a person who does not believe in Allah but does good all his/her life will go to heaven?


Allah give these people "who does not believe in Allah but does good all his/her life" what they want in this life (before they die ) so they live happily before "the after life" and even their death is merciful (coz the angels takes their souls gently) ,but they don't go to heaven after they die .
may we all be guided to the righteous way.
Member
1556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

Myu-chan wrote:

Allah give these people "who does not believe in Allah but does good all his/her life" what they want in this life (before they die ) so they live happily before "the after life" and even their death is merciful (coz the angels takes their souls gently) ,but they don't go to heaven after they die .
may we all be guided to the righteous way.


But what about those who do a great deal of good but suffer most their life, for example: Mother Teresa did a great deal of good even though she is not a follower of Allah and she was persecuted, hated, beaten, and even tortured at times in her life. Would Allah really do that kind of stuff to people who sacrifice their life for good but suffer while here on earth?
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

atrachan wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:
This is because a good deed is only good when done for good. The example I gave was saving somebody’s life to take somebody else’s.


According to Islam , all your actions must be for Allah "fi sabili allah"

>>>>>Seraph all respect to you i for this thread , i was a bit afraid of misunderstanding of non Muslims for Islam but i think the world is getting better with people like you =)




Thanks, glad you liked it. I do hope I'm making the world a better place.
Member
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 10/3/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


Didn’t I already answer that? Only Muslims can go to heaven, according to Islamic theology.


Not necessarily. There are some Hadiths of Christian and Jewish people who are rewarded with Paradise for their good deeds. Even a prostitute who took pity on a starving dog and filled her shoes with water for it to drink was rewarded with Heaven.
On the other hand, A Muslim woman who prayed 5 times a day and committed to all Islamic teachings was sent to Hell for locking up and starving a kitten to death. Hope this clears any misunderstanding
Member
1152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 10/3/08
quote]URbaka :


h4x0rz wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:
[
Didn’t I already answer that? Only Muslims can go to heaven, according to Islamic theology.


Not necessarily. There are some Hadiths of Christian and Jewish people who are rewarded with Paradise for their good deeds. Even a prostitute who took pity on a starving dog and filled her shoes with water for it to drink was rewarded with Heaven.

On the other hand, A Muslim woman who prayed 5 times a day and committed to all Islamic teachings was sent to Hell for locking up and starving a kitten to death. Hope this clears any misunderstanding

(4) 171 - حدثنا إسحاق أخبرنا عبد الصمد حدثنا عبد الرحمن بن عبد الله بن دينار سمعت أبي عن أبي صالح عن أبي هريرة عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم

: ( أن رجلا رأى كلبا يأكل الثرى من العطش فأخذ الرجل خفه فجعل يغرف له به حتى أرواه فشكر الله له فأدخله الجنة ) (صحيح البخاري - (ج 1 / ص 75 دار ابن كثير ، اليمامة - بيروت )
(4) “A man saw a dog eating mud due to severe thirst. (Feeling pity on the dog) the man took a shoe (and filled it) with water and kept on pouring water for the dog until it quenched its thirst. Allah approved of his deed and granted him entry into Paradise.” (Sahih Bukhari, 1/75)
I think u have heard a slightly different story but this is the right one
"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Surah Al ‘Imraan 3:85]

"By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, there is no-one of this ummah, Jew or Christian, who hears of me then dies without believing in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell." (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Saheeh, 153).


I think it's clear ,,and Allah knows best
if u wanna know more about this subject read this thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-muslims/134269975-do-all-non-muslims-go-hell.html


Member
1152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 10/5/08

A Muslim woman who prayed 5 times a day and committed to all Islamic teachings was sent to Hell for locking up and starving a kitten to death

it was never mentioned that she was a Muslim or in what religion she was,The prophet {peace be upon him} just said "a woman"
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/11/08

Myu-chan wrote:

quote]URbaka :


h4x0rz wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:
[
Didn’t I already answer that? Only Muslims can go to heaven, according to Islamic theology.


Not necessarily. There are some Hadiths of Christian and Jewish people who are rewarded with Paradise for their good deeds. Even a prostitute who took pity on a starving dog and filled her shoes with water for it to drink was rewarded with Heaven.

On the other hand, A Muslim woman who prayed 5 times a day and committed to all Islamic teachings was sent to Hell for locking up and starving a kitten to death. Hope this clears any misunderstanding

(4) 171 - حدثنا إسحاق أخبرنا عبد الصمد حدثنا عبد الرحمن بن عبد الله بن دينار سمعت أبي عن أبي صالح عن أبي هريرة عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم

: ( أن رجلا رأى كلبا يأكل الثرى من العطش فأخذ الرجل خفه فجعل يغرف له به حتى أرواه فشكر الله له فأدخله الجنة ) (صحيح البخاري - (ج 1 / ص 75 دار ابن كثير ، اليمامة - بيروت )
(4) “A man saw a dog eating mud due to severe thirst. (Feeling pity on the dog) the man took a shoe (and filled it) with water and kept on pouring water for the dog until it quenched its thirst. Allah approved of his deed and granted him entry into Paradise.” (Sahih Bukhari, 1/75)
I think u have heard a slightly different story but this is the right one
"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Surah Al ‘Imraan 3:85]

"By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, there is no-one of this ummah, Jew or Christian, who hears of me then dies without believing in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell." (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Saheeh, 153).


I think it's clear ,,and Allah knows best
if u wanna know more about this subject read this thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-muslims/134269975-do-all-non-muslims-go-hell.html




The Qur’an says that the Christians and Jews who lived before Muhammad can get to paradise, but not the ones that lived after him.


Member
2389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ίή Pά;Ļ ẄόяĻđ
Offline
Posted 9/9/10
god bless u .....viva islam
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.