First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Oreos
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Box
Offline
Posted 3/25/08

kristin586 wrote:


Lamak wrote:


kristin586 wrote:


Lamak wrote:


kristin586 wrote:


Lamak wrote:

1.) I hate threads like this.
2.) You can't act like a race.
3.) <__< If this threads stays up longer, I'll respond with a true answer.


stereotypically you can act like a specific race, or at least thats what allot of people in society think. I find stereotypes and labels obscured as well and i was using the term "Oreo" in sarcasm. I don't stereotype myself actually, and if you hate my thread don't comment thank you.
You can't stereotypically act like a specific race. If you did, you would just be acting like the stereotype that is associated with the race. And I like to post, so sorry. :)



I'm not the maker of these stereotypes I'm just repeating what society is saying, nor do i support these stereotypes, or any for that matter I'm just giving everyone a reality check, also just giving advice if you so strongly dislike my thread don't support it, if u can stand it, then do just that
I hate getting technical on forums...

In your OP you said you would be expecting flaming or sarcasm. Also, you wanted opinions, and I'm giving you one. I never said you made the stereotypes, but you keep referring to them. <_<


getting technical?, lets, u said u disliked the thread, so y continue posting, and from my eyes i feel ur implying i support stereotypes though i don't
Okay.

3032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Stupid F-hillz
Offline
Posted 3/25/08

Lamak wrote:


kristin586 wrote:


Lamak wrote:


kristin586 wrote:


Lamak wrote:


kristin586 wrote:


Lamak wrote:

1.) I hate threads like this.
2.) You can't act like a race.
3.) <__< If this threads stays up longer, I'll respond with a true answer.


stereotypically you can act like a specific race, or at least thats what allot of people in society think. I find stereotypes and labels obscured as well and i was using the term "Oreo" in sarcasm. I don't stereotype myself actually, and if you hate my thread don't comment thank you.
You can't stereotypically act like a specific race. If you did, you would just be acting like the stereotype that is associated with the race. And I like to post, so sorry. :)



I'm not the maker of these stereotypes I'm just repeating what society is saying, nor do i support these stereotypes, or any for that matter I'm just giving everyone a reality check, also just giving advice if you so strongly dislike my thread don't support it, if u can stand it, then do just that
I hate getting technical on forums...

In your OP you said you would be expecting flaming or sarcasm. Also, you wanted opinions, and I'm giving you one. I never said you made the stereotypes, but you keep referring to them. <_<


getting technical?, lets, u said u disliked the thread, so y continue posting, and from my eyes i feel ur implying i support stereotypes though i don't
Okay.


I WIN!!!!!!

3914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / just about ... here.
Offline
Posted 3/25/08
i thought oreo -- FOOD.. didn't even know there were oreo -- PEOPLE...

does race really matter when it comes to an individual's preference? well, i think, it won't be wrong to deviate from what we accept as conventional...
36566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 3/25/08
Fuck this! I thought you were talking about the cookie! You totally screwed me over! And for YET ANOTHER race thread!

Race doesn't (or I guess I should say SHOULDN"T) matter!

I don't give a shit about oreos > if that's how they wanna act, who they wanna be, that's their choice and none of my business.
1565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / America
Offline
Posted 3/25/08
just cuz u dont like hip hop doesn't make you an oreo..... if you want to be white, the your an oreo
Posted 3/25/08
I guess I'm an "oreo" if that's what you want to call it...
I'm an Asian that is a complete white girl..... BUT I am also part ghetto...
and... I don't ACT white or ghetto, it's just who I am, I've been classified as an Asian ghetto prep my whole life, I never act Asian though....
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Up your ass. You...
Offline
Posted 3/25/08
Wow...

Just because a black person likes rock music and talks properly, it makes them a poser?

Your logic is SO fucked up.

How can you stereotype an entire race (white), for the sake of degrading another (black)? That whole "oreo" thing is bullshit.

Therefore, this thread is bullshit.



..dumbass.

Posted 3/25/08

kristin586 wrote:

I'm not saying i hate my race people, i kno who i am, it's just harder to be black than white in my eyes, always has been


If you are looking for acceptance from today's messed up society then forget it and seek acceptance from within yourself. There will always be some stupid jerk or un-informed person who thinks a race should be visibly defined but we do not live our lives by others standards. Forget about what acting like a race means and define who you are as a person,be proud of who you are, learn the history of your ancestors (note that I did not say race!), embrace your talents like singing or whatever you are great at doing, stand tall with self confidence and to hell with anyone who says you don't act according to their stereotypes!

You think it is hard to deal with people who want you to act like your race is supposed to,then imagine how hard life is for me as a multi-racial person. It is impossible for me to act like one specific race and I really do not care how others(like my racist mother!!) define me as a person-that is their f*****g problem and not mine! Or imagine how hard life is for my brother- in -law who is German but speaks Spanish,Portuguese,Italian,French, Chinese and Japanese - he is not acting like his race! Or my Dutch,Irish,or Italian friends who don't act like their race.

We are living in an increasingly expanding ,multicultural,multi-racial society and the lines that define how a race should or should not act are becoming less restricted as individuality is what matters.You decide who you are so "why bother to understand people who can't see past the racial stereotypes of the 1930's or 1970's", it is a waste of time.
3032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Stupid F-hillz
Offline
Posted 3/25/08

warriorUnknown wrote:

Wow...

Just because a black person likes rock music and talks properly, it makes them a poser?

Your logic is SO fucked up.

How can you stereotype an entire race (white), for the sake of degrading another (black)? That whole "oreo" thing is bullshit.

Therefore, this thread is bullshit.



..dumbass.



MY LOGIC! umm if you've read my recent posts this isn't my logic thats fucked p, it's society's logic, so before you get all crazy on me for being the messenger of what society says read what i posted................(and i'm the dumbass)
723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / sacramento
Offline
Posted 3/25/08
dang i was hoping this thread was about who eats oreos...
my opinion jst try not to be brainwashed by the stereotype that black people are ghetto and hip-hop
jst try to be yourself, im filipino and im a total nerd, geek, anime freak watever u call it. i can say that cuz im proud of who i am... jst be your self
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Up your ass. You...
Offline
Posted 3/26/08

kristin586 wrote:


warriorUnknown wrote:

Wow...

Just because a black person likes rock music and talks properly, it makes them a poser?

Your logic is SO fucked up.

How can you stereotype an entire race (white), for the sake of degrading another (black)? That whole "oreo" thing is bullshit.

Therefore, this thread is bullshit.



..dumbass.



MY LOGIC! umm if you've read my recent posts this isn't my logic thats fucked p, it's society's logic, so before you get all crazy on me for being the messenger of what society says read what i posted................(and i'm the dumbass)


Yes, YOUR LOGIC, given you support this bullshit spewed by society.

3032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Stupid F-hillz
Offline
Posted 3/26/08

warriorUnknown wrote:


kristin586 wrote:


warriorUnknown wrote:

Wow...

Just because a black person likes rock music and talks properly, it makes them a poser?

Your logic is SO fucked up.

How can you stereotype an entire race (white), for the sake of degrading another (black)? That whole "oreo" thing is bullshit.

Therefore, this thread is bullshit.



..dumbass.



MY LOGIC! umm if you've read my recent posts this isn't my logic thats fucked p, it's society's logic, so before you get all crazy on me for being the messenger of what society says read what i posted................(and i'm the dumbass)


Yes, YOUR LOGIC, given you support this bullshit spewed by society.



And you Can prove this how?, unless i said "I support the setreotypes society are making." u can't say thats my logic, or that i support I do agree with u when u say it's bullshit, but i aslo think u twisting my words into something i didn't say is Bullshit
Posted 4/5/08
just be proud of who you are i talk to every one oreo or not
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/5/08
You know it's only a few days ago that I realised why this, behaviour if you will, is called being an Oreo.. Since it's black on the outside and white on the inside >_<


*feels really dumb*
408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
Wiggas and Wapanese is the shit spawn of society. They are the ones who should be condemned.
People that try to imitate the superior white race should be awarded for seeing the light. That doesn't make them any better than me though. Because I'm white and proud of it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.