First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Are you heterophobic?
Posted 3/26/08
Yay, I am not the only one who is against hetero's.... >.<
Posted 3/26/08

toelovehan wrote:
I doubt you would be heterophobic if you are heterosexual. It's strange and makes no sense. It's like saying, I'm a spider but I'm scared of spiders :lol:

Supposedly heterosexual people can be heterophobic in the sense that they have an extreme aversion for witnessing acts of heterosexual affection/sex. For example, extremely prudish people like in the Victorian era.

But I think some gay people act like they don't like me or something because I'm not gay. I think maybe people could get prejudiced against non-gay people if they spend too much time reading and thinking about anti-gay behavior/incidents or something and always carry around the feeling that non-gay people are out to mistreat gay people.
5284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/26/08
Nope...
Posted 3/26/08
wtf are you kidding me how you gonna do that what if u were hetero ure gonna fear youreself
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 3/26/08

shibole wrote:


chewy130 wrote:

this thread is insanely stupid/pointless

lock it plz

No it's not, this is an important issue that affects us all. From Wikipedia:

"Heterophobia is a term used to describe prejudice or discrimination against heterosexuals, particularly among homosexual or bisexual people; although, depending on one's views, it is also possible for a heterosexual to be heterophobic."



using Wikipedia as evidence/support
Posted 3/26/08

izickree wrote:


shibole wrote:


chewy130 wrote:

this thread is insanely stupid/pointless

lock it plz

No it's not, this is an important issue that affects us all. From Wikipedia:

"Heterophobia is a term used to describe prejudice or discrimination against heterosexuals, particularly among homosexual or bisexual people; although, depending on one's views, it is also possible for a heterosexual to be heterophobic."



using Wikipedia as evidence/support


this is true ppl wiki is the most innaccurate source of info ever
Posted 3/26/08

izickree wrote:
using Wikipedia as evidence/support

This is an example of what is called the genetic fallacy. Simply because something is on Wikipedia doesn't make it false. You really need to evaluate the idea for itself rather than just attacking a particular source.

Things on wikipedia can't be just accepted without tracking down references, but Wikipedia still serves as a decent starting point since articles generally contain citations and links to authoritative sources. Unfortunately though, you seem to have a hard time following links. Here's one from that page:

http://home.bway.net/rjnoonan/Conf1999.html
Raymond J. Noonan, Ph.D.
Adjunct Instructor, Fashion Institute of Technology (SUNY)
Director, SexQuest/The Sex Institute, NYC
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 3/26/08

shibole wrote:


izickree wrote:
using Wikipedia as evidence/support

This is an example of what is called the genetic fallacy. Simply because something is on Wikipedia doesn't make it false. You really need to evaluate the idea for itself rather than just attacking a particular source.

Things on wikipedia can't be just accepted without tracking down references, but Wikipedia still serves as a decent starting point since articles generally contain citations and links to authoritative sources. Unfortunately though, you seem to have a hard time following links. Here's one from that page:

http://home.bway.net/rjnoonan/Conf1999.html
Raymond J. Noonan, Ph.D.
Adjunct Instructor, Fashion Institute of Technology (SUNY)
Director, SexQuest/The Sex Institute, NYC


no
i was talking about how you used wikipedia as the base of your argument
had you posted a link to that site, you would have been safe
5116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 4/3/08
no im fine with it
868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / new jersey
Offline
Posted 4/3/08
wow that's some crazy shit i never even thought about that but i'm not because i'm strait. great question though
471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Rabanastre, Dalma...
Offline
Posted 4/3/08
I'm bisexual and I'm not a heterophobe. But unfortunately my sister is homophobe, so I know I've learned my lesson about discrimination.
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ohio
Offline
Posted 4/3/08
no....what? ...you do literately what our annatomy suggests we do...you freak,.....
2468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / yesterday
Offline
Posted 4/3/08
wow......so pointless...... "OH MY GOD A PENIS GOING INTO A VIGINA LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO IS SOOOOOO TERRIFYING" .....retard.....
Posted 1/17/10
OP nuked.

Locked~
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.