First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Tire size
Posted 5/4/08

lasthope05 wrote:


lilslash wrote:

You either have to have 22' on cars or 38' on trucks!!!


Played out.....Check out my buddies 30"



lol wow those are fugly on that car. x)
what a waste of moolah ._.
Im so poor, i need money now
Posted 5/4/08

aznrice2k4 wrote:
Lol, you're not the first to say that. I never said I bought it, and I don't need to prove to you that but might as well. Yet, you still might say, "Oh, you're just taking pics of your daddy's car." Even if you don't believe me with those pics, I don't know what else I can do beside saying that I'm sorry that I'm more fortunate than you. Don't take the words on the papers personally since it's a joke.

Anyways, it's supposed to come this week or next week. I'm not doing 19's but 18's. Fender rolling will only cost me $80ish, so that wouldn't be an issue. However, I talked to many clk owners who are using 235/40/18 F and 265/35/18 R, which is what my salesman and TR advised, told me that I wouldn't need it if I drive it casually.







haha thats silly but not as silly as an Antarctic Fur Seal raped a King Penguin for 45minutes
I believe you are a faker too D:< c'mon guys lets harrasses & Stalk him. (sarcasm)





26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

GreekCotan wrote:


thefinalword wrote:

im a big fan of yokohama myself... some call it cheap.
I call it reliable.

i have a 215/45 r17 and they grip fairly well.

i tried the falken's... and they're ok too.


+1 I like their grip, though im not suggesting them for this particular car, just giving my input.
I recommended some FK-452 to subiedubidoo


I've search for tire prices and it seems that Yokos are one of the most expensive tires. The RE-01R will cost me $1.02k while the Neova will cost me $1.6k. From most reviews on TR, people prefer the RE-01R to the Neova. The new Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec looks promising and cheaper too. $900ish at TR. I'm still choosing between the RE and the Star Spec.

Posted 5/4/08

aznrice2k4 wrote:


GreekCotan wrote:


thefinalword wrote:

im a big fan of yokohama myself... some call it cheap.
I call it reliable.

i have a 215/45 r17 and they grip fairly well.

i tried the falken's... and they're ok too.


+1 I like their grip, though im not suggesting them for this particular car, just giving my input.
I recommended some FK-452 to subiedubidoo


I've search for tire prices and it seems that Yokos are one of the most expensive tires. The RE-01R will cost me $1.02k while the Neova will cost me $1.6k. From most reviews on TR, people prefer the RE-01R to the Neova. The new Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec looks promising and cheaper too. $900ish at TR. I'm still choosing between the RE and the Star Spec.



yah i suppose they are, the yoko are fairly prestige as it were and famed for being used alot, also supported by lots of official racers and what not, I remember hearing one guy bitching on a forum that they ripped at the outter trims and he was driving on his rims or something like that and damaged em. I dont know why/how maybe bought used but they are pretty decent in my opinion. FK-452 shouldn't be more than $800 except the ones that are $230 per tire i believe. I've never driven on the yokos, or other ones you listed, but I'd only purchase ADVAN rims
Posted 5/4/08

aznrice2k4 wrote:


Rjovero wrote:

I fail to see how an 18 year old can have a CLK550, but that's besides the point.

If you have the correct offsets, then the figures Tire Rack has given you are correct. In fact, they know it all and even help out in the BMW forums, so you know they know what they're talking about.

As for the tire brand, I've heard nothing but good reviews of the Falken FK-452. After all, Falken marketed the tire towards the VIP niche, and with 19's on a CLK, you're definitely in that niche.

You will definitely want to get your fenders rolled, because tire rub isn't a matter of "if," but rather "when." If you have the money for the car and HRE's, then you have the money for fender rolling. Hell, if you really have the car and are getting HRE's, there's no way in hell they wouldn't tell you what size tires to get.

Something doesn't seem right here...


Lol, you're not the first to say that. I never said I bought it, and I don't need to prove to you that but might as well. Yet, you still might say, "Oh, you're just taking pics of your daddy's car." Even if you don't believe me with those pics, I don't know what else I can do beside saying that I'm sorry that I'm more fortunate than you. Don't take the words on the papers personally since it's a joke.

Anyways, it's supposed to come this week or next week. I'm not doing 19's but 18's. Fender rolling will only cost me $80ish, so that wouldn't be an issue. However, I talked to many clk owners who are using 235/40/18 F and 265/35/18 R, which is what my salesman and TR advised, told me that I wouldn't need it if I drive it casually.







Well congratulations on your graduation gift. I'm still skeptical, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. And I hope that you didn't write "Something you didn't get" thinking that I'm jealous because that's hardly the case. I firmly believe that one should work hard to get what they want, and at the same time, I don't believe that getting good grades in school warrants a 6 figure car. But if your folks gifted you that way, all the more power to you.

Anyways, I'd still get the fenders rolled as a precaution. As careful and casually as you drive, there will be times where you will rub. If you say that money isn't an issue, then you don't have a reason not to do it.
26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 5/4/08 , edited 5/4/08
I believe working hard to achieve whatever you want is good too, but shit if something is given free to you, wouldn't you seize that? That is why I'm going be an endocrinologist or maybe surgeon of some kind. Trust me, we did not come from a wealthy family at all. A matter of fact, I was born in a freakin shack with 7 other families living there. But now it's different since we worked our asses off.

I'll eventually roll the fenders but still looking for more options. I might as well get 275/35 for the rear and 245/40 for the front if I'm going to roll it since that fit the wheel much better and save it from the curbs .
388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / a
Offline
Posted 11/18/08

aznrice2k4 wrote:

All right. I high doubt this is the correct place to ask this question but here goes. I have a 2007 CLK 550 with 17" running 225/45-17 F and 245/40-17 R. I'm getting HRE C21 19x8.5 F and 19x10 R. Does anyone know what size tire I should get? I'm guessing 235/35ZR19 F and 265/30ZR19 R. In your opinion what's the best street tire? I'm leaning toward some Yoko Advan Sport.


just use a 13" rim and tires,.. bwhaha 165/70/13

13x 5.5.. that is a true performance slick tire and gas saver
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 11/21/08

escudo_27 wrote:


aznrice2k4 wrote:

All right. I high doubt this is the correct place to ask this question but here goes. I have a 2007 CLK 550 with 17" running 225/45-17 F and 245/40-17 R. I'm getting HRE C21 19x8.5 F and 19x10 R. Does anyone know what size tire I should get? I'm guessing 235/35ZR19 F and 265/30ZR19 R. In your opinion what's the best street tire? I'm leaning toward some Yoko Advan Sport.


just use a 13" rim and tires,.. bwhaha 165/70/13

13x 5.5.. that is a true performance slick tire and gas saver


Driving an early generation civic?
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 11/21/08

lasthope05 wrote:


lilslash wrote:

You either have to have 22' on cars or 38' on trucks!!!


Played out.....Check out my buddies 30"



Could have owned a nice BMW instead of that pos.
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/21/08 , edited 11/21/08

veyron1001 wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:


lilslash wrote:

You either have to have 22' on cars or 38' on trucks!!!


Played out.....Check out my buddies 30"



Could have owned a nice BMW instead of that pos.



POS to you but not to him or several others. Dont disrespect other peoples cars because you dont have a taste for it. Grow up kid.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.