First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
BODIES The Exhibition
21995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
Today I went to see BODIES The Exhibition and loved it.
It's a gallery featuring dissected and plastecined cadavers and is educational on how the body works. It features rooms based on the different systems of the bodies. I really loved it and I'm glad I took an opprotunity to go see it. The circulatory system was the best. The arteries were injected with a pigment polymer and the rest of the surrounding organs were chemically destroyed. This left all the arteries, veins, and capillaries intact and it gave a really detailed outline of the body, even down around fingers and toes.


A lot of people are against the exhibet. The Arch Diosces of Cincinnati told people not to go see it because they felt it disrespected the dead (because I go to a catholic school in the area my school would not take any field trips there) My only concern was how the bodies were obtained. All of the peopkle were from China and were unclaimed bodies in morgues and hospitals and the iffy origins bother me a little but not enough to stop me from going.

So, do you want to see it or are you grossed out. Is it disrespectful or educational?
welook 
17497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
its good but a bit sick
Posted 3/27/08
I've seen it. It was amazing, I thought it was very educational.
My favorite was the horse cadaver. I thought it would've been interesting
to see a preg. woman cadaver and to see the fetus.
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
I havnt seen it yet. I heard theres a cross section of a woman with an unborn fetus in her.
32237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Denver
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
Oh yeah! That came to Denver about two years ago. I got a little pin with the split skier. I thought it was neat, but I didn't like the skinned babies/children.

EDIT: I just looked up bodyworks to post an image, but I decided against it because of the controversy. The guy who made them, Von Hagens, has been accused of robbing graves and buying cadavers on the black market with which to make his creations.
733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
I think its educational, but I won't go there.
It would probably freak me out =P
10051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
I went to see it at the Science Center in Toronto a couple years back, it was really cool, kind of creepy though. And I think that they had little forms that you could fill out to donate your body to science when you died.
13092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/08
i saw it at omsi it was veryyy intresting
Posted 3/27/08
:o

didja take any pictures? or are you not allowed? I'd like to see some of these myself, it sounds interesting. I don't think it's disrespectful at all, unless the people being viewed didn't agree to being put on display in the first place. I don't think that if they disagreed with the whole "lol, I'm gonna be on display at an exhibition", otherwise, their bodies wouldn't be there...

*ah, fuck parallelism in my sentences ¬_¬;;
21995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 3/27/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

I've seen it. It was amazing, I thought it was very educational.
My favorite was the horse cadaver. I thought it would've been interesting
to see a preg. woman cadaver and to see the fetus.


we must have seen different installations. The weirdest thing that i saw was a woman who they had cut a flap in her muscles and had posed her so that she was holding it open exposing the muscles and organs underneath
Posted 3/27/08

artgeek707 wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

I've seen it. It was amazing, I thought it was very educational.
My favorite was the horse cadaver. I thought it would've been interesting
to see a preg. woman cadaver and to see the fetus.


we must have seen different installations. The weirdest thing that i saw was a woman who they had cut a flap in her muscles and had posed her so that she was holding it open exposing the muscles and organs underneath


Maybe I saw the BodyWorks. I wish I could've been able to take pictures!
There were so many cool things. There were too many idiots there so I couldn't get too close and appreciate it.
Posted 3/27/08
I want to see it . I want to go there and see it . I`m Catholic but I don`t think this is wrong .
Maybe a bit rude but people are amazed by these people . So , I don`t think it`s that bad .
I would love to see it right now . *-* I can only wish I could see it .
Gross ? Maybe . I`d love to see it anyway . =3
21995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 3/27/08

nosuchname wrote:

:o

didja take any pictures? or are you not allowed? I'd like to see some of these myself, it sounds interesting. I don't think it's disrespectful at all, unless the people being viewed didn't agree to being put on display in the first place. I don't think that if they disagreed with the whole "lol, I'm gonna be on display at an exhibition", otherwise, their bodies wouldn't be there...

*ah, fuck parallelism in my sentences ¬_¬;;


not allowed They didn't even have post cards in the gift shop. I got an awesome hoodie though. It has the skeletal system on it and the words BODIES The Exhibition on it
32237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Denver
Offline
Posted 3/27/08

artgeek707 wrote:


nosuchname wrote:

:o

didja take any pictures? or are you not allowed? I'd like to see some of these myself, it sounds interesting. I don't think it's disrespectful at all, unless the people being viewed didn't agree to being put on display in the first place. I don't think that if they disagreed with the whole "lol, I'm gonna be on display at an exhibition", otherwise, their bodies wouldn't be there...

*ah, fuck parallelism in my sentences ¬_¬;;


not allowed They didn't even have post cards in the gift shop. I got an awesome hoodie though. It has the skeletal system on it and the words BODIES The Exhibition on it


Wait, I saw BodyWorks... is what you saw different?
Posted 3/27/08

DreadDenimPirate wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:


nosuchname wrote:

:o

didja take any pictures? or are you not allowed? I'd like to see some of these myself, it sounds interesting. I don't think it's disrespectful at all, unless the people being viewed didn't agree to being put on display in the first place. I don't think that if they disagreed with the whole "lol, I'm gonna be on display at an exhibition", otherwise, their bodies wouldn't be there...

*ah, fuck parallelism in my sentences ¬_¬;;


not allowed They didn't even have post cards in the gift shop. I got an awesome hoodie though. It has the skeletal system on it and the words BODIES The Exhibition on it


Wait, I saw BodyWorks... is what you saw different?


:o!!! OMG I ABSOLUTELY ♥♥♥ HOODIES
(CRUISE CONTROL, off topic, etc...)
can you take a picture of it and put it up?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.