First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Good Things That war Brought
53523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Riva
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Ivona wrote:



I said that to Telomonian b/c he said that crime and war are the same.

But yea you are right....other countrys shouldn't involves with problems other countrys, they should watch their own problems....and America have alot problems...so they have to take care of their ppl.

They bombard my country, my town from air...and only who died in my town are civilians...not army...and many ppl die who didn't do anything, so many children die...for what...and from enemy who never saw their faces...never saw their tears...b/c of what? And what that bring...something good?....any war in 20th century was for nothing...many ppl die for nothing...my granny somehow stay alive during WW2 but her family was killed...but why she is alive if her grandkids will see the same things that she saw.....

I like history and i read alot, i know history of my country realy good so i know what war bring in 19th century to my people, to country - freedom! But still many ppl die on both side...only b/c one stupid king wanted land that is not his....





War is necessary sometimes, but wars like Vietnam and Afghan-Soviet and that stuff, I don't see the point... So many soldiers and civilians die for greed. It makes my blood boil.

Most of you know I am Native American by census and I am proud to be American. America is beautiful and I love nature. However America is just land. It is a place. The people who run the politics I am not always proud of. Many Americans despise presidents for involving themselves in war.

Bombing a civilian town is unforgivable and those who had ordered such an attack should be brought to justice at the hands of those they wronged. If I could know who was to blame I would bring him to your people and have you each enact your justice slowly and painfully.


However I do disagree and would say that America's involvement in WW2 was a just decision for a few reasons.

1. We were not involved until Pearl Harbor. We bombed Japan (which I would not have advocated) and helped them rebuild. Now Japanese have great respect for General McArthur even though the Americans label him a Glory Hound and dislike him.
2. Nazi Germany threatened the world with their ideals and practices. Such things were horrific and I would have stepped in early.

My grandfather recounts when he was on the march up from southern France heading to the fire zone, the French were cheering them on and brought presents out to the soldiers. Every were he was stationed, people were grateful for they knew that without the involvement, the Germans would have grown far too powerful and all of Europe would be under the Nazi tyranny.


If War is for Freedom, it is just.
If War is for Greed, it is horrific.

Yea i agree for WW2 but after that....Cold war....Korea, Vietnam....then my old country Yugoslavia...and many more after...and I don't blame ppl who live in America but ppl who lead your country...they need to spend that money for poor and hungry ppl in their own land...not to make weapon for destruction.

And thanks for when you said that you would bring them, but that can't bring ppl back...and only hatred can be born in harts of ppl who lost their childrens, wifes, parents, husbands....b/c they see him alive. But i always ask myself, he for sure have mother, his mother would cry, all his family would cry, his friends would cry, his girlfriend would cry! For my that is circle which never end, and someone will always cry, but always ppl who are innocent...i don't belive in death penalty...but to kill ppl like Sadam yea...he kill to many ppl



Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

Ivona wrote:
Yea i agree for WW2 but after that....Cold war....Korea, Vietnam....then my old country Yugoslavia...and many more after...and I don't blame ppl who live in America but ppl who lead your country...they need to spend that money for poor and hungry ppl in their own land...not to make weapon for destruction.

And thanks for when you said that you would bring them, but that can't bring ppl back...and only hatred can be born in harts of ppl who lost their childrens, wifes, parents, husbands....b/c they see him alive. But i always ask myself, he for sure have mother, his mother would cry, all his family would cry, his friends would cry, his girlfriend would cry! For my that is circle which never end, and someone will always cry, but always ppl who are innocent...i don't belive in death penalty...but to kill ppl like Sadam yea...he kill to many ppl



That is very wise.

53523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Riva
Offline
Posted 7/19/08
Thanks! I learn in hard way! I don't want stuff like that to happen anyone! You can be white, black, green it doesn't mater you are human and you have rights to live your life!
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

Ivona wrote:

Thanks! I learn in hard way! I don't want stuff like that to happen anyone! You can be white, black, green it doesn't mater you are human and you have rights to live your life!


I agree. A human is a human regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, or nationality.
Member
3663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / somewhere
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

Macedonian wrote:


GZ_anime-manga wrote:

i don't like wars
they are the most stupidist thing man came up with
i believe people can get along
sure arguments will come at times
but war is goin over bord
and yeah your right about the US
sadly i was born hear and live hear to
but my parents came from colombia
so i have more Colombian blood than american and proud of it



Ivona wrote:

I realy can't see any good things that war brought...i lived one and i don't want to see any war again...i had enough wars for my life! Because of that i don't like America, but that doesnt mean that i hate ppl who live there, just ppl who bombard my country!


I completely agree. War is a disgusting practice. However, every cloud has its silver lining. Oh and by the way, even though I'm not a big fan of the United states- I really didn’t insult them there so...

The war that you've gone through Ivona, no good has come of it, that is true. And I believe most war is bad. Usually, more is lost than is gained, but the world is old. There have been many wars. And the larger wars always make technologies take leaps and bounds.


Telomonian wrote:

First,this place is called the art of war.Why are you here?

Secondly,GZ_anime-manga if you're born in america,your american.you just have columbian blood, there is no more or less when is comes to things of such.I was born in america as well but,in my blood im about 60% german.This doesn't make me more german than american because I was born and raised here.The same as you.

Thirdly,Ivona I get the feeling you've seen people get killed,possibly friends and or reletives,as have many of us;and were not even in wars.Ivona you have got to open you eyes and be honest,good things do occur because of war.

Keep your eyes on this post for a while and you'll see,we already have some posted in case you did't read the rest of the posts.


Well its natural to hate war. "The art of war" and "war" are two different things. The art of war is related to weapons, tactics, skills, history. War is circumstance, carnage, killing, spending, etc., etc. How something is done and what is done (and its after affect) are not the same thing, so a person can be interested in the art of war and not war itself.

Secondly I agree. If you're born in a country- that is your country. However, you are what your parent taught you. If you're raised with the customs, culture and religion of your parent country- then I believe its safe to say that you do belong to that country as much if not more than the one you live in. Not as a citizen or allegiance, but as a person in this new, and mixing world of ours. The US is seen as the melting pot. To be a US citizen you have to put being a US citizen over everything else. That’s how the US functions. I don't believe in that. I’m not saying its a bad system, its just not one I like. that is all.

Thirdly, you cant compare crime to war. Good has come from war, but not all war. She cant see the good because there was no good that came from hers. Most of the wars in our current day and age don’t bring any good. Its the older ones, further back in history that did. The world wars being the most prominent.

I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my opinion. A little friendly debate is encouraged so if you do plan on replying, do it with a cool head, because I don’t mean any harm, neither should you. Just thought I should reiterate the rules just this once.


i didn't take the US coments to heart (just wanted to say that)
most contries hate the US and i don't mind cause i know they have pretty good reasons to
and i meant wars that we're havein know are stpid cause some good did come from war when the earth was younger
ohhhhhh and i was rased in the culture of my parents
i guess i should also mention that my great grandpa came from japan to colombia but he didn't rase my grandma in any japanesse way at all so i'm probably only 2-4% japanesse about 30% american and the rest colombian what's funny is that ever since i was little i was interested in japan but didn't learn about any of this untill i was about 9 or 10
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

Ivona wrote:

Yea maybe for you that is war b/c you don't know what real war is! Ask ppl from Iraq and Afghanistan! But you not pray every single night that some bomb wont fall on your head and you pray that you survive just this night. Thats enemy you can't see, he is coward and atack you from air. And you say it's the same?


Mabey I should, you are quite the war bound people.Before america fought with you.You fought with each other and for quite some time.Now,we could exchange life stories and see who comes out on top,hell we might even tie.All in all,we fight to live,people have died and will continue to die.

I didn't say that it's the same,I said they are not too far from each other and the have a lot in common.You need to calm down and pay attention,you'll get taken by emotion and lose focus.This is just a friendly debate there is no need to lose your head.
Member
3663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / somewhere
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


GZ_anime-manga wrote:

i don't like wars
they are the most stupidist thing man came up with
i believe people can get along
sure arguments will come at times
but war is goin over bord
and yeah your right about the US
sadly i was born hear and live hear to
but my parents came from colombia
so i have more Colombian blood than american and proud of it
\

Okay so someone taking up arms and fighting to free themselves of foreign tyranny is stupid?

To judge a situation or an action one must first look at the motive or reason it took place and the outcome. You cannot judge an action alone without these two factors.
Most people say "Killing is bad" no matter what. Well that is rooted in great ignorance.


For example:
Action: Killing a person.
Motive: To prevent that person from killing overs.
Outcome: Killing that person thus saved hundreds others from death.
Is that stupid? Is it bad or evil? Or is it good?
I don't think it's any of those. I do not thing it is good but I do think it is right.

So if you cannot look at those additional factors, don't presume to call something good or bad or right or wrong as an action alone has no such connotations.

On the same line, if there was a war and there was 125 casualties in that war yet the outcome was that a cure for cancer was found and it had saved billions, was it good or bad?

To say war is pointless and stupid is the same as saying that all the trillions of soldiers throughout history who have fought for freedom, life, and what they believe in had all died for naught.

If your country was at the hands of great tyranny would you not take up arms against it to protect your family's lives? I guess not since war is stupid and pointless to you.


i guess i should of worded this a little better
sorry
i get what you guys are saying
war is nessesary at times to protect people you love and care about
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

GZ_anime-manga wrote:
i didn't take the US coments to heart (just wanted to say that)
most contries hate the US and i don't mind cause i know they have pretty good reasons to
and i meant wars that we're havein know are stpid cause some good did come from war when the earth was younger
ohhhhhh and i was rased in the culture of my parents
i guess i should also mention that my great grandpa came from japan to colombia but he didn't rase my grandma in any japanesse way at all so i'm probably only 2-4% japanesse about 30% american and the rest colombian what's funny is that ever since i was little i was interested in japan but didn't learn about any of this untill i was about 9 or 10


Who has a good reason to hate the US? I have encountered a lot of bigotry from people just because I live in the US, so you're saying just because some people who run the country have fucked up that I deserve to be blamed too? I am sorry if I do not agree.
The US is just land. Hate those who have done wrong, not those who are innocents.

I just hate how everyone expects me to be fat, stupid, greedy, and lazy when infact I am fit, intelligent, near selfless, and someone who cannot even bear to sit and watch TV without doing something productive.

Not saying you are like that. But I just meant to show you my point of view. There is no good reason to hate an entire country and everything in it.



Member
824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/08
i don't think the war brought good things! it happens that war sometimes is necessary because of a unknown rule of this world that asks for distruction in order to create something new
Member
3663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / somewhere
Offline
Posted 7/21/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


GZ_anime-manga wrote:
i didn't take the US coments to heart (just wanted to say that)
most contries hate the US and i don't mind cause i know they have pretty good reasons to
and i meant wars that we're havein know are stpid cause some good did come from war when the earth was younger
ohhhhhh and i was rased in the culture of my parents
i guess i should also mention that my great grandpa came from japan to colombia but he didn't rase my grandma in any japanesse way at all so i'm probably only 2-4% japanesse about 30% american and the rest colombian what's funny is that ever since i was little i was interested in japan but didn't learn about any of this untill i was about 9 or 10


Who has a good reason to hate the US? I have encountered a lot of bigotry from people just because I live in the US, so you're saying just because some people who run the country have fucked up that I deserve to be blamed too? I am sorry if I do not agree.
The US is just land. Hate those who have done wrong, not those who are innocents.

I just hate how everyone expects me to be fat, stupid, greedy, and lazy when infact I am fit, intelligent, near selfless, and someone who cannot even bear to sit and watch TV without doing something productive.

Not saying you are like that. But I just meant to show you my point of view. There is no good reason to hate an entire country and everything in it.





actually a lot of countries hate america (at least that's what i'm told)
but i didn't mean the americans
just the government that's run by stupid idoits (excuse the langauge)
Member
67307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In the abyss
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
hmmm, interesting conversation. I pretty much agree with a lot of things said here.

We need to remember to not involve the innocent people. People who said that it's necessary to kill? To get what they want I suppose.

hmm... some good things. Population in check, yet the medication advancement make it rise though.
9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
I agree with Sam on this one, many good and interesting points were made

To me it seems the human race (as a whole) could almost not exist with out some form of war or conflict
Member
67307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In the abyss
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
We'll eventually fight again as population rises right? Fighting for land and resources. heh.
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

xsamuraizx wrote:

We'll eventually fight again as population rises right? Fighting for land and resources. heh.


That's what Bush is doing right now,for oil.
Thats what happens when you have a texas oil man for president.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/23/08 , edited 7/23/08

Telomonian wrote:


xsamuraizx wrote:

We'll eventually fight again as population rises right? Fighting for land and resources. heh.


That's what Bush is doing right now,for oil.
Thats what happens when you have a texas oil man for president.


Oh I do detest Bush, but I don't think it was all for oil as if it was our oil prices might be a little bit cheaper or atleast would not be rising so fast.

Nonetheless the idiot's days are numbered.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.