First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply The Cruelest of the Races/ Kings in Times of War
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

carlrules097 wrote:

Joseph Stalin, he was paranoid about his seat of power and would kill anyone he thought was a threat to him. He also carried out "Purgings" of his country, in these "purgings" he killed more people then the amount killed in the Holocaust, he would do mass executions by lining the victims in front of large holes dug in the ground and they would be shot so they would just fall back into the holes. Unlike the holocaust Stalin never kept records of who he killed and remains are still being found all over Russia today.


If there are no records, how can you blindly assume that there were more casualties than the holocaust?


9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


carlrules097 wrote:

Joseph Stalin, he was paranoid about his seat of power and would kill anyone he thought was a threat to him. He also carried out "Purgings" of his country, in these "purgings" he killed more people then the amount killed in the Holocaust, he would do mass executions by lining the victims in front of large holes dug in the ground and they would be shot so they would just fall back into the holes. Unlike the holocaust Stalin never kept records of who he killed and remains are still being found all over Russia today.


If there are no records, how can you blindly assume that there were more casualties than the holocaust?




the mass graves that they have found have haveexceeded the holocaust and like i said they are still finding bodies, sorry did i not say that my bad
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

carlrules097 wrote:

the mass graves that they have found have haveexceeded the holocaust and like i said they are still finding bodies, sorry did i not say that my bad


Ah I get you.
Member
824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/08
Cortes and his expeditions in the New World were a real disaster! if we take into account the fact that accordind to some scientists the population was around 11 millions and then in 1540 decreasesd to 6 millions......it's almost chaotic! and not only this but those expeditions were made in name of God!!!!!!!! ................................................well i would like to ask wich God?????!!! which?????
there's nothing more despicable in this world than using some moral principles in order to justify and ur greed and morronic pride...and i won't say anything..it gets on my nerves
Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
Nobunaga was cruel so that is my pick.
10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
Hahahaha, if were talking about a people in general My vote for the badasses of the year would actually go to the Lombards. they were the true definition of a barbarian horde in every aspect. They plundered , raped and killed amounst themselves and that didn't include their adversaries.
Posted 2/27/09
Hitler count ?
Member
7827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / A dark castle fro...
Offline
Posted 3/15/09 , edited 3/15/09

Macedonian wrote:

Rape, slaugher, taxation, torture, genocide- this was the true face of war in those days (and in some places, these days too). There have been thousands of villains thhrouout the course of history- I would like to know which one you think would literally be rotting in the deepest darkest place in hell.

I dont really know who would be the worst but I can tell you about some prime baddies.

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus the fifth and final Roman emperor was apparently a tyrant (still up for debate) and had his own mother killed ( he did many things but I could go for pages).

Ghengis Khan and the Mongol rulers that followed were aparently really bad. They exterminated entire cities.Some estimate that they were responsible for the deaths of anything up to 100 million people most say about 60 million though. Keep in mind- at a time when the total worldwide population would have been about 400 million.

Vlad the impaler (draculas inspiration) was apparently pretty bad too. Impaled people for fun and nailed hats to their heads. Some say this is propaganda though and its still up for debate...

So, who do you think was bad?


Vlad Tepes didnt impale people for fun. He only impaled criminales, otomans and corupt boyars(boieri in romanian)(noblemen). Hes rule was one of the most peacefull times romania ever had. I really hate it how westerners believe hungarian propaganda, that he was a madman, and has been reduced to a villain and the stereothiphycal vampire in the west.

Member
246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / In the closet...
Offline
Posted 8/6/09
Hmm, I think the Aztecs, I dont think that they had an emporor,but the stuff that they did to the people that they captured was gruesome...They would stake them to the ground, and cut out their heart as an offering to the gods, They even did this to there own people, but they went willingly, because they thought that it was a great honor to be sacrificed to their gods.
Posted 8/23/09

xsamuraizx wrote:

Oh right, whoever mentioned Nobunaga Oda, he's not all that cruel and as demonic as people thought of him to be. Hurray for playing games that made him look all evil! Nobunaga Oda's Ambition game is fun and more accurate. (Ignore the game comments since we're not here to talk about that)


I disagree and agree with you at the same time.

Video games, manga, and anime sometimes portray Nobunaga Oda as evil or good when they shouldn't being doing that. It is better just to go and look up a biography on Nobunaga Oda. Video games, manga, and anime are unreliable seeing they like to dramatize, romanticize, and fantasize things. So I don't find them accurate at all.

However, it is the opinion of the person to decide whether if he is cruel or good. I for one think he was a very cruel man because he wanted to conquer all of Japan. Another person I think is the cruelest of the races kings in times of war is Hitler.

Signature:

Member
189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/7/09
Has anyone mentioned Kim Jong Il?

2-3 million people have died due to his actions/inactions



I feel dumb reading all of the other posts^ -.-
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 10/8/09 , edited 10/8/09

bhavik15 wrote:

Has anyone mentioned Kim Jong Il?

2-3 million people have died due to his actions/inactions



I feel dumb reading all of the other posts^ -.-


You're not dumb!
You're [to my knowledge] the first one to think of a good point; Kim Jong Ill.
That's a good contribution and I am surprised it hasn't been added sooner.

I have a friend who teaches Tang Soo Do, Hapkido, and Gumdo, Saboonim Park, who's family is originally from North Korea. They fled oppression and snuck across to South Korea where they lived until Park moved to America to go to college. He told me how much the general Korean people hate Jong Il much like people in America hated Bush... If Bush were more of a democidal and amicidal nutjob [almost there] bordering on cult-leader.
Head Moderator
10476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 10/15/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn5f0-y71tE&feature=PlayList&p=318AFD3B486575A5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

ahhh... gotta love the onion...
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 10/24/09

Macedonian wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn5f0-y71tE&feature=PlayList&p=318AFD3B486575A5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

ahhh... gotta love the onion...


XD The Onion is great!


Ever seen The Onion movie?
"Return of Cockpuncher!" dun dun dunnnnn!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsbY1-9UYg
Head Moderator
10476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 10/24/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Macedonian wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn5f0-y71tE&feature=PlayList&p=318AFD3B486575A5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

ahhh... gotta love the onion...


XD The Onion is great!


Ever seen The Onion movie?
"Return of Cockpuncher!" dun dun dunnnnn!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsbY1-9UYg


brilliant. And effective until... you know.. you get a girl, or a dude with a cup.

And I haven't seen the movie, though i have been watching little reports here and there on the net. I snickered pretty hard at the ninja parade.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.