First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Favorite bladed weapon?
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 9/7/08
I'm very partial to the Kusarigama as well.

Sadly most anime shows users swinging the Kusarigama by the blade. That's just stupid.
Creator
2304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / laurel delaware
Offline
Posted 9/8/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:

I'm very partial to the Kusarigama as well.

Sadly most anime shows users swinging the Kusarigama by the blade. That's just stupid.


your so negitive
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 9/8/08

desfines07 wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:

I'm very partial to the Kusarigama as well.

Sadly most anime shows users swinging the Kusarigama by the blade. That's just stupid.


your so negitive


How am I being negative?
Creator
2304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / laurel delaware
Offline
Posted 9/9/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


desfines07 wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:

I'm very partial to the Kusarigama as well.

Sadly most anime shows users swinging the Kusarigama by the blade. That's just stupid.


your so negitive


How am I being negative?


nevermind

Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 9/9/08

desfines07 wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


desfines07 wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:

I'm very partial to the Kusarigama as well.

Sadly most anime shows users swinging the Kusarigama by the blade. That's just stupid.


your so negitive


How am I being negative?


nevermind



No really, I want to know.
17087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Within the remnan...
Offline
Posted 9/10/08 , edited 9/10/08
i like most baldes... i kind of like the chinese sword the most though.
Member
12662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / idk
Offline
Posted 9/10/08
i like most bladed weapons but i lov knives
Creator
2304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / laurel delaware
Offline
Posted 10/1/08

bigm1 wrote:

i like most bladed weapons but i lov knives


pussy ass Knives
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

desfines07 wrote:


bigm1 wrote:

i like most bladed weapons but i lov knives


pussy ass Knives


That's not a knife...


THIS is a knife.



My favorite knives I own are here:

5. The Alabama Slammer


4. Arkansas Toothpick [The blade is 8 inches long and on mine I have a curved deerhorn hilt I affixed. I found it with a metal detector.]


3. Kabar Tanto


2. Kabar Fighter


And my number one favorite knife I have ever owned...

1. Hissatsu
Creator
2304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / laurel delaware
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


desfines07 wrote:


bigm1 wrote:

i like most bladed weapons but i lov knives


pussy ass Knives


That's not a knife...


THIS is a knife.



My favorite knives I own are here:

5. The Alabama Slammer


4. Arkansas Toothpick [The blade is 8 inches long and on mine I have a curved deerhorn hilt I affixed. I found it with a metal detector.]


3. Kabar Tanto


2. Kabar Fighter


And my number one favorite knife I have ever owned...

1. Hissatsu


if they're not knives..... then wat r they ???? they look like knives to me
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/2/08

desfines07 wrote:

if they're not knives..... then wat r they ???? they look like knives to me


That was just a joke. Technically my sword isn't a knife. It was just a joke.
Have you not seen Crocodile Dundee? It was huge in the 80's.

A quote from that is this guy pulls out this switchblade, threatening the titular character in which he pulls out a bowie knife with a 6 inch blade and proclaims "That's not a knife, this is a knife." in which the guy drops the switchblade and gives up.

Those are knives.

Technically; They're all knives. Legal terminology is just semantics.

If someone wants to be nit picky; Legally if the blade is under 4 inches, it is considered a pocketknife and thus not a weapon. If it's over 4 inches it's considered a knife and is considered a weapon [thus if concealed or brandished without permits or clearances you will be arrested in the states.] However I have my concealed carry license and special weapons license and thus I can carry any concealed weapon except for fully automatic firearms which requires a class 3 firearm license. I have shot a m16 and an HK417 before though. It's not my thing so it's not worth the money. I can operate as a civilian marshal and meet any verifiable threats in my direct environment under jurisdiction of state and property and upon the case of lethal force I am automatically acquitted of any suspicion given reasonable evidence of the threat.

I often carry the Hissatsu with me.
Posted 10/3/08 , edited 10/3/08


I think a tactical combat knife would do no good against a long sword seeing how there is such a big range difference.

My favorite bladed weapon would have to be a Okatana with a Dotanuki swordsmith style.
Okatana + Dotanuki swordsmith style = Badass sword [no image avaliable]

The reason why is because it will be able to slice through battle armor unlike some other swords, it is unique seeing how I can't find a combination like this, and it will have a nice controllable reach. It is also good for iaijutsu and Wakigamae, seeing how no one would realize how long it is right off the bat because of its' similarity to a regular katana.

Ice why do they make left handed swords? Can't you use all swords for both left and right hand?

P.S. this must have been the most funniest topic you guys had yet
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 10/3/08
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 10/3/08
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 10/3/08
I am glad to see someone who recognizes the dotanuki as a bladesmithing school and not mistaking it for a type of sword like so many do.

I am not aware of any left handed swords. To my knowledge, no swords are dominance specific.

I do know that in kenjutsu, everyone is taught to hold the sword with the right hand.

I am luckily ambidextrous.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.