First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Moving
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 4/1/08 , edited 4/1/08
Well, I decided to start a topic about this, seeing as my dad just lost his job. The branch of the company he works for is being shut down, and I'm most likely going to be stuck moving to Milwaukee (unless my dad miraculously finds a job here or somewhere else...which isn't very likely)....all the way from Florida this August.

I'm very upset about this. I'm 16, right smack in the middle of my high school years, and am suffering with this greatly. I'm worried about missing and losing my friends...but the main thing I'm worried about is my boyfriend. We have been going out for a long time, and I've heard people compare us to happily married couples. I can't stand the thought of leaving him...it's killing me inside. However, long distance relationships are difficult, so you can guess I'm a wreck about now. Also, I have to get used to the complete difference of Milwaukee and Tampa.

My questions to you are:

Have you ever moved? What was it like?
How did moving make you feel?
How did you deal with the news that you were moving?
How easy is it to adjust to a new place?

And for those who want to help me....>.>

What are the suburbs around Milwaukee like?
How do you maintain a long distance relationship?

(And if anyone can talk to me about it or offer advice...I'd be really grateful >.>)
Posted 4/1/08
HAHAHAH i live like 30 minutes away from milwaukee. you'll love down town milwaukee nice biulding and stores. the suburbs well kind "Ghetto" if you wanna say it. also i think theres some gangs. i said SOME. don't get scared. plus its a great place.
1887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
Answers:
- Yeah, my muscles began to tingle.
- I got tired after awhile.
- I was shocked that my body could move so fast.
- Eh, my butt feels uncomfortable sometimes, but I just shift every so often and it does the trick.

- It's like Keasbey, New Jersey.
- What?

Edit: I guess my sense of humor on making puns didn't cheer you up.
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 4/1/08

HAHAHAH i live like 30 minutes away from milwaukee. you'll love down town milwaukee nice biulding and stores. the suburbs well kind "Ghetto" if you wanna say it. also i think theres some gangs. i said SOME. don't get scared. plus its a great place.


Haha yeah...I heard about the ghetto part. I'm not scared of gangs lol, we have them here too XD. Well...can you tell me some good things about it? >.> I need some uh...optimism at the moment.
Posted 4/1/08

touchzanaflexpens wrote:


HAHAHAH i live like 30 minutes away from milwaukee. you'll love down town milwaukee nice biulding and stores. the suburbs well kind "Ghetto" if you wanna say it. also i think theres some gangs. i said SOME. don't get scared. plus its a great place.


Haha yeah...I heard about the ghetto part. I'm not scared of gangs lol, we have them here too XD. Well...can you tell me some good things about it? >.> I need some uh...optimism at the moment.


well are you planning on living in the city of milwaukee or the suburbs becuz milwaukee is a big city
2441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
Milwaukee is nice, i used to live in Sheboygan and the people there are really friendly

I've moved about 4 times and yeah it sucks but eventually you make friends and its all good, for me every time I move I get better friends so maybe you'll be lucky too

In Milwaukee there are some cool, unique stores (some weird ones too, I swear to god I saw a ' Burger Queen' there), and its easy to find your way around + its only 45 min-1 hour away from lake Michigan so you can go to the "beach" whenever you want in the summer/spring
770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/1/08

touchzanaflexpens wrote:

Well, I decided to start a topic about this, seeing as my dad just lost his job. The branch of the company he works for is being shut down, and I'm most likely going to be stuck moving to Milwaukee (unless my dad miraculously finds a job here or somewhere else...which isn't very likely)....all the way from Florida this August.

I'm very upset about this. I'm 16, right smack in the middle of my high school years, and am suffering with this greatly. I'm worried about missing and losing my friends...but the main thing I'm worried about is my boyfriend. We have been going out for a long time, and I've heard people compare us to happily married couples. I can't stand the thought of leaving him...it's killing me inside. However, long distance relationships are difficult, so you can guess I'm a wreck about now. Also, I have to get used to the complete difference of Milwaukee and Tampa.

My questions to you are:

Have you ever moved? What was it like?
How did moving make you feel?
How did you deal with the news that you were moving?
How easy is it to adjust to a new place?

And for those who want to help me....>.>

What are the suburbs around Milwaukee like?
How do you maintain a long distance relationship?

(And if anyone can talk to me about it or offer advice...I'd be really grateful >.>)



I moved from Colorado to New Jersey a few years ago, Nj is very different from Colorado and i like it much better here, though i miss my family who still live in colorado.
i can't say i was too upset, school was easy and boring, i din't have many friends as all of my friends moved, too (how weird, every last one of them), and colorado wasn't a fun. interesting place (though i lived in denver which is like the "main" city)
i dealed with it pretty well, i cried a little when we left but afterward all was better
it was so easy to adjust, maybe it's because i was in the 4th grade or just because i needed a change. lol.

just remeber: moving can be sad and not the most funn thing, but i think just by being positive and giving your new home a chance that you will be ok. i hope i helped somehow~!
Posted 4/1/08

Gaburiera-chan wrote:

Milwaukee is nice, i used to live in Sheboygan and the people there are really friendly

I've moved about 4 times and yeah it sucks but eventually you make friends and its all good, for me every time I move I get better friends so maybe you'll be lucky too

In Milwaukee there are some cool, unique stores (some weird ones too, I swear to god I saw a ' Burger Queen' there), and its easy to find your way around + its only 45 min-1 hour away from lake Michigan so you can go to the "beach" whenever you want in the summer/spring


to bad its polluted
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
Have you ever moved? What was it like?
Yes. I moved from China to Canada about 5 years ago. It was painful.

How did moving make you feel?
It made me feel as if I had lost all the things I treasure in the old place. For example, I couldn't possibly bring my Chinese friends to Canada and I miss them loads.

How did you deal with the news that you were moving?
I was excited. Very excited. I was still very happy when I moved to Canada. But now, I would rather go back and enjoy my life with my real friends.

How easy is it to adjust to a new place?
It was difficult since I spoke no English at that time and I was being bullied by some Indian kids at my school. It was a bad time to go through and difficult. But eventually, I had the courage to tell the teacher. Now, I am adjusted to the new place but I feel like there is something missing.
2441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/1/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


Gaburiera-chan wrote:

Milwaukee is nice, i used to live in Sheboygan and the people there are really friendly

I've moved about 4 times and yeah it sucks but eventually you make friends and its all good, for me every time I move I get better friends so maybe you'll be lucky too

In Milwaukee there are some cool, unique stores (some weird ones too, I swear to god I saw a ' Burger Queen' there), and its easy to find your way around + its only 45 min-1 hour away from lake Michigan so you can go to the "beach" whenever you want in the summer/spring


to bad its polluted


when did that happen (like really bad ew gross)!?
I lived there about 4 years ago
11691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
i moved a LOT.
i hated it cas i had to make friends every year
then leave afterwards.
its pretty hard to adjust at first,
but then i got used to it.
36562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
Have you ever moved? Yes
What was it like? I don't remember, I was only 4 at the time..
How did moving make you feel? ...Refer to my last response.
How did you deal with the news that you were moving? ....Refer to my last 2 responses.
How easy is it to adjust to a new place? Well it was super simple for me...
What are the suburbs around Milwaukee like? I have no idea I've never been to Milwaukee
How do you maintain a long distance relationship? Visiting often helps. But, I'd advise you not to do it > they royally suck!
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 4/2/08
Lol I've moved seven times...just haven't for a very long time...so I'm not used to it I guess.
5006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sheffield
Offline
Posted 4/2/08
I've moved like 3 times in the same town. Yes, we moved houses.
I like moving, it keeps my body occupied. What am I on about?? =_="

Jawk
389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Pacific Ocean
Offline
Posted 4/2/08
Well being In the Navy forces you to move around alot. This past year ive been in Chicago, Jaxonville FL and Now im up in Washington St and next month Im actually moving to Japan. Getting used to the new home takes a little while, but I have learned to cope with it. I am usually frustrated when it comes time to pack, because it seems like I have to do it every 2 or 3 months. It wasnt too bad leaving friends because we still keep in touch, and you also make more friends along the way. The hard part is leaving family.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.