First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
3rd graders charged for murder plot
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


It would be nice if what you believe is true but the fact is most people know the difference between right and wrong. They know they shouldn't murder or steal or rape and they know the consequences but they do it anyway. I knew I shouldn't steal. I knew it hurt the person who gets stolen from and I knew there can be serious jail time and financial penalties for stealing but you know what? I still used to steal as a kid. Not because I needed to or anything like that. I did it simply because I could and I didn't care about the possible consequences for it. If I had ever been caught and actually sent to jail then I might have decided that I didn't like the punishment enough to do it again. It is the same thing with spanking. A kid might know all of what I knew and still do something they know they shouldn't but decide they won't do it again once they actually get spanked for it. If a kid knows spanking isn't even a possibility they might decide that what they want to do is worth getting things taken away or whatever punishment it is they would face.


They do it because they have psychological problems, once these problems are eliminated from their psyche, they will never think about committing a crime ever again. You stole as a kid because you were not educated properly. Once a child receives enough education, they will never misbehave again, therefore eliminating the need for spanking or any other form of punishment.






Then by your thinking 90%+ of all people used to be traumatized in the past. Right?


Yes.
26309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Online
Posted 2/9/13

lordseth23 wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


It would be nice if what you believe is true but the fact is most people know the difference between right and wrong. They know they shouldn't murder or steal or rape and they know the consequences but they do it anyway. I knew I shouldn't steal. I knew it hurt the person who gets stolen from and I knew there can be serious jail time and financial penalties for stealing but you know what? I still used to steal as a kid. Not because I needed to or anything like that. I did it simply because I could and I didn't care about the possible consequences for it. If I had ever been caught and actually sent to jail then I might have decided that I didn't like the punishment enough to do it again. It is the same thing with spanking. A kid might know all of what I knew and still do something they know they shouldn't but decide they won't do it again once they actually get spanked for it. If a kid knows spanking isn't even a possibility they might decide that what they want to do is worth getting things taken away or whatever punishment it is they would face.


They do it because they have psychological problems, once these problems are eliminated from their psyche, they will never think about committing a crime ever again. You stole as a kid because you were not educated properly. Once a child receives enough education, they will never misbehave again, therefore eliminating the need for spanking or any other form of punishment.






Then by your thinking 90%+ of all people used to be traumatized in the past. Right?


Yes.


Sorry but you are wrong. I know myself far better than you know me and I was educated properly. I still misbehaved simply because I wanted to and I could get away with it. If you tell me you won't lay a hand on me regardless of what I do then I am just going to take advantage of the situation because I might as well.

That's just ridiculous to think everyone was traumatized in the past. If a person truly got traumatized from being spanked or hit from a parent even when done appropriately then the entire world would have gotten traumatized more and more with each generation and the world would have been in complete chaos by now.
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/9/13 , edited 2/9/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Sorry but you are wrong. I know myself far better than you know me and I was educated properly. I still misbehaved simply because I wanted to and I could get away with it. If you tell me you won't lay a hand on me regardless of what I do then I am just going to take advantage of the situation because I might as well.

That's just ridiculous to think everyone was traumatized in the past. If a person truly got traumatized from being spanked or hit from a parent even when done appropriately then the entire world would have gotten traumatized more and more with each generation and the world would have been in complete chaos by now.


Sorry, but you weren't educated enough up to that point in your life if you stole things. There was an obvious reason why you did it, or else you would have never done it at all. If this is still the way you think, then you have psychological problems that need to be dealt with immediately.

How is it ridiculous? If you haven't noticed, there is far less spanking now than in the past, which is why you don't see as many people with psychological problems today as you did in the past. The population of people with traumatic childhoods is shrinking because of the improved child care methods that are being implemented by parents, teachers, and all other professionals that work with children.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

Kira0309 wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


Kira0309 wrote:


Do you know what conditioning is? Have you ever done an experiment before related to it? Take a rat and shock him every time he eats a piece of cheese. Do this about three times. I guarantee you that rat won't eat that piece of cheese again.


Why do you assume that people need to be treated like laboratory animals?

A person is capable of conditioning themselves once they are properly educated.







Simply beating a child for the most part teaches them that when someone doesn't do what they say, hurting them will make them compliant. Thats how animals behave in nature... So I guess it works...

IMO, teaching someone the why is much more productive, but then again, I'm not lazy when it comes to teaching children.
26309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Online
Posted 2/9/13 , edited 7/9/13

lordseth23 wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Sorry but you are wrong. I know myself far better than you know me and I was educated properly. I still misbehaved simply because I wanted to and I could get away with it. If you tell me you won't lay a hand on me regardless of what I do then I am just going to take advantage of the situation because I might as well.

That's just ridiculous to think everyone was traumatized in the past. If a person truly got traumatized from being spanked or hit from a parent even when done appropriately then the entire world would have gotten traumatized more and more with each generation and the world would have been in complete chaos by now.


Sorry, but you weren't educated enough up to that point in your life if you stole things. There was an obvious reason why you did it, or else you would have never done it at all. If this is still the way you think, then you have psychological problems that need to be dealt with immediately.

How is it ridiculous? If you haven't noticed, there is far less spanking now than in the past, which is why you don't see as many people with psychological problems today as you did in the past. The population of people with traumatic childhoods is shrinking because of the improved child care methods that are being implemented by parents, teachers, and all other professionals that work with children.


Again you are just simply wrong. Don't try to pass your assumptions of me off as facts. I was educated plenty at that point as I already mentioned. It isn't psychological problems that caused me to do anything it was simply my free will. You can't pass free will off as psychological problems either.

Less spanking now is only because of laws against it in various states and countries. It has nothing to do with whether or not it is effective and appropriate or not. As for the rest of that we will just have to agree to disagree since you have provided no facts or statistics and my internet is failing too much for me to continue putting effort into finding statistics for my side of the argument.

CLarose wrote:




Simply beating a child for the most part teaches them that when someone doesn't do what they say, hurting them will make them compliant. Thats how animals behave in nature... So I guess it works...

IMO, teaching someone the why is much more productive, but then again, I'm not lazy when it comes to teaching children.


I don't think anyone is talking about just beating a child. I at least, and from what I have seen Kira0309 as well, am talking about using spanking in conjunction with teaching and explaining and only when the child has done something severe enough that they need to know there will be immediate consequences for their actions.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


CLarose wrote:




Simply beating a child for the most part teaches them that when someone doesn't do what they say, hurting them will make them compliant. Thats how animals behave in nature... So I guess it works...

IMO, teaching someone the why is much more productive, but then again, I'm not lazy when it comes to teaching children.


I don't think anyone is talking about just beating a child. I at least, and from what I have seen Kira0309 as well, am talking about using spanking in conjunction with teaching and explaining and only when the child has done something severe enough that they need to know there will be immediate consequences for their actions.


I have to admit, I agree with spanking a child and following through with a detailed explanation. I dont agree with the whole lab rat example, though. Thats apples to oranges.

All it really takes is repetition. You can teach anyone pretty much anything as long as youre consistent.
2632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Cleveland, Ohio
Online
Posted 2/9/13
That's pretty messed up...They even made a pretty decent plan.

Humanity -1
14948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Online
Posted 2/9/13
I believe it, kids these days flip out over the stupidest stuff nowadays. My Mother used to be a second grade teacher and a kid attempted to assult her in class because she changed his color tab to yellow because he was acting up in class. He threw his chair at her and it ended up breaking through a window.
14960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:


I agree. Just need to make sure you dont implant a trauma or scare the kid for life.


You are implanting trauma on your child the moment you deliberately harm them.


I agree that humans are fragile. If you scare them you can easily break them. However if you are doing it the right way, at most the kid will learn a lesson of not doing bad things. Naturally it doesnt mean you have already raised a good citizen, but it does help raising a good person that way. Words dont really stick to children, which is why pain have to be used in extremely small portions.
4821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
USA
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
That's just how kids are raised nowadays. Not understanding the concept of discipline and trying to get away with doing the wrong things.
3489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Dreamscape
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
Maybe it' something with 3rd grade. I dunno but I threatened to kill one of my classmates. She was a bitch.
13054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Midwest, USA
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
Poor parenting, lack of discipline, and lack of respect for those in authority. Thank you anti-child abuse people for redrawing the line between discipline and abuse to the point where discipline is practically abuse.
15555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

inuyashafann12345 wrote:

hahaha what the fuck is the world comming to


who care as long as you have #swAgg XDDDDDDD


#yolo #imafaget
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Again you are just simply wrong. Don't try to pass your assumptions of me off as facts. I was educated plenty at that point as I already mentioned. It isn't psychological problems that caused me to do anything it was simply my free will. You can't pass free will off as psychological problems either.

Less spanking now is only because of laws against it in various states and countries. It has nothing to do with whether or not it is effective and appropriate or not. As for the rest of that we will just have to agree to disagree since you have provided no facts or statistics and my internet is failing too much for me to continue putting effort into finding statistics for my side of the argument.


No, you obviously weren't educated enough up to that point, or else you wouldn't have stolen anything. Your "free will" needs to adjusted before you commit any serious crimes, just like we should have adjusted James Holmes' and Adam Lanza's "free will" before they commited their atrocities.

Have you ever thought of the reasoning behind those laws? Maybe you should do some research on your own and see why they were implemented in the first place.

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2012/09/spanking-control-childs-bad-behavior.html





justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


I don't think anyone is talking about just beating a child. I at least, and from what I have seen Kira0309 as well, am talking about using spanking in conjunction with teaching and explaining and only when the child has done something severe enough that they need to know there will be immediate consequences for their actions.


You can establish consequences without physically harming your child, you know.
15077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

lordseth23 wrote:

You can establish consequences without physically harming your child, you know.


Even among those who do believe in it, I don't think most people these days use a lot of physical punishment. My take on it it is that physical punishment is on the table as a possible consequence of extreme misbehavior. Physical punishments are very rare, but for some kids it has to be an option, because otherwise the kids will escalate to the nuclear option every single time.
11096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
HAHA. What the hell.... I blame the media
First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.