First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Gay Marriage
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/3/07
^^reikaddict, there's a lot of muscular homosexuals...i don't think u stand a chance.
22848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Torphichen Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

lokita wrote:


lonelyguy88 wrote:
just because it doesn't say in the bible, doesn't mean its right. The Book doesn't say drugs like cocaine are bad, but evidently it harms your body.


The Bible doesn't address drugs because the kind that are in use today weren't around back then.


Perhaps it isn't adressed because drugs are considered OK. St John the Devine is believed to have been completely off his head when he wrote his bit.
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

lonelyguy88 wrote:

^^reikaddict, there's a lot of muscular homosexuals...i don't think u stand a chance.


my only response is: E=mc^2
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

reikiaddict wrote:


lonelyguy88 wrote:

^^reikaddict, there's a lot of muscular homosexuals...i don't think u stand a chance.


my only response is: E=mc^2



meaning? ur smarter than them?
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

lonelyguy88 wrote:

sowri mauz15, i only base my opinions regarding gay marriage in reference to The Bible. I'm afraid im not smart enough to read nor comprehend psychology books. I hope there's no bitterness toward you and me. Gomennasai


whoa! I did not mean to be rude or say you're not smart enough, but just give it a try just personal opinions or something. And seriously you should try to view both sides of the coin, otherwise you won't fully know if your opinions are sound or weak
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

lonelyguy88 wrote:


reikiaddict wrote:


lonelyguy88 wrote:

^^reikaddict, there's a lot of muscular homosexuals...i don't think u stand a chance.


my only response is: E=mc^2



meaning? ur smarter than them?


nope...ill kill em off with one shot
11680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Tokyo, Japan
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

Dularc wrote:

Why do they make such a big fuss about this, i mean there are people dieing at such an exellerated rate recently, countrys are in chaos, empires are collapsing, and they are whineing because 2 guys want to get married.

SOLUTION!


Gay marriage will forthwith be allowed but all forms of gay parades will not be allowed, also homosexuals shall not manhandle, tehee pun, eachother in public for the world to see, thus makeing it a law, that :"Whatever you do in youre bedroom is your buisness, dont lemme know about it."


But that would be impeding on freedom of expression. If we were to ban gay parades why don't we also ban all ethnic parades and events also?

We should realize that on this earth there are many different ways of life and they should all be respected.
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/3/07
Like thomas Kuhn said, the people does not want to destroy and create another paradigm so yeah there's no point anymore arguing
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

lokita wrote:


kawaiichan09 wrote:

what i think is gay marriage is forbidden because that's what God said. in old times, the law is the bible..people took what the bible said literally..but what i think is, god forbid it because marriage is only between a man and a woman to reproduce.. (of course, love is there too.) but if marriage is going to be a symbol of love between two people then same sex marriage won't do any harm.


Actually, nowhere in the Bible does it talk about gay marriage.

And, for those of you who want to bring Christianity into this, the Bible condemns things like shaving and eating pork.


It doesn't talk about about gay marriage per se, but it does speak out against homosexuality.

Leviticus 20:13 states:
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."

However, there are an awful lot of rules in the old testament and christians like to pick and choose which ones they follow. Also Jesus at one point emphasized the old rules no longer applied (him harvesting grain on the sabbath for example). New Testament is however more relevant and applies to all christians, jew and gentile alike.

Romans 1:26-27 states:
"For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error"

There are several other instances that refer to it, but those are the most direct. Strictly saying, if you are a bible beleiving Christian then homosexuality is sinful as stated before and after Christ's death.

Pork was one of those odd little laws given in the old testament. From what I've heard there were some practical health issues behind it when it was first given to them, but this law is generally viewed as no longer applicable as it was intended for a different situation and directed at Jews.

Going by old testament law to rationalize or condemn anything is a little absurd, the actual teaching of Christ and his followers in the New Testament should be used as the foundation of how Christians live their lives. The Old Testamant - while still filled with alot of good information and is sincerely worth reading (particularly Proverbs imo) - should not be viewed as being as applicable as the New Testament.

Here is an interesting page filled with all sorts of odd little OT laws that are not followed:
http://www.fallwell.com/selective%20quotation.html

From a Christian stanpoint homosexuality is wrong given Paul's condemnation of it and ergo gay marriage is wrong.

As far as my oppinion I support gay marriage as long as both chicks are hot

Seriously though, each generation is becoming more and more tolerant of homosexuality and it's associated culture, so I only think it's a matter of time before it's officially allowed, though it's still a ways off.

Homosexuality doesn't bother me, but the culture does. I don't like how they feel the need to constantly shove what should be a private matter into the public eye. Take this pic from a gay pride parade for example (borderline NSFW):

http://www.unclegropey.com/pics/guirrelny/DSC02484.JPG

Parading around like that in your private residence or perhaps even a specialized club/bar is all well and good, but parading through the street? I don't want to see that shit, and I don't think I should have to - let alone if I had a family. Why can't gay pride parades feature people in regular clothes, or at the very least tasteful costumes (and I'm sure a few do)? Why is there instead a focus on sexual deviancy and fetishism (i.e. S&M as evidenced in the pic)? That is what makes me concerned about the nature of their culutre, not the moral issue of whether homosexuality or gay marriage is right or wrong.

I don't have any problems with homosexuality, and the concept of gay marriage doesn't really bother me either. I am, however, leary of supporting their culture.
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

mauz15 wrote:


lonelyguy88 wrote:

sowri mauz15, i only base my opinions regarding gay marriage in reference to The Bible. I'm afraid im not smart enough to read nor comprehend psychology books. I hope there's no bitterness toward you and me. Gomennasai


whoa! I did not mean to be rude or say you're not smart enough, but just give it a try just personal opinions or something. And seriously you should try to view both sides of the coin, otherwise you won't fully know if your opinions are sound or weak


okay so u want my personal experience....

I had an experience with a gay couple one time. i was in the subway, and there's this gay couple sitting next to each other. So as usual, i took my seat, trying to ignore them. (because they were kinda making out and touching and stuff) so minutes go by. most people started backing away from the radius the gay couple surrounds. Needless to say, it was an awkward situation.

i think homosexual couples are based on lust that easily fades out. You know i work at a retirement home. and tehre's this old couple the granpa is 70ish and the woman as well. I mean, they're still together. happily married. On the other hand, i've never heard two homosexuals who were together more than 20, 30, 40 years.
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

reikiaddict wrote:
hell i will, they got me all worked up and going against em then getting divorced in the end....screw them....impulsiveness needs an impulsive response


:/ You're such an asshole.

Gay marriages have a much higher success rate than heterosexual marriages: 7300 couples have been married in Massachusetts since May 2004. At least (i.e., exact number unknown but likely higher) 35–45 have since filed for divorce, over a period of close to 4 years.[3 years]. That's a divorce rate of less than 1% in 4 years (about 0.68%). Vermont has had 91 of its 7828 civil unions dissolved since it started allowing them in 2000, or a rate of 1.2% over 6 years. Compare with the heterosexual rate of 20% in 5 years.
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/3/07

reikiaddict wrote:

Like thomas Kuhn said, the people does not want to destroy and create another paradigm so yeah there's no point anymore arguing


^^Does this answer your question?
Posted 1/3/07

azrael910 wrote:


lokita wrote:


kawaiichan09 wrote:

what i think is gay marriage is forbidden because that's what God said. in old times, the law is the bible..people took what the bible said literally..but what i think is, god forbid it because marriage is only between a man and a woman to reproduce.. (of course, love is there too.) but if marriage is going to be a symbol of love between two people then same sex marriage won't do any harm.


Actually, nowhere in the Bible does it talk about gay marriage.

And, for those of you who want to bring Christianity into this, the Bible condemns things like shaving and eating pork.


It doesn't talk about about gay marriage per se, but it does speak out against homosexuality.

Leviticus 20:13 states:
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."

However, there are an awful lot of rules in the old testament and christians like to pick and choose which ones they follow. Also Jesus at one point emphasized the old rules no longer applied (him harvesting grain on the sabbath for example). New Testament is however more relevant and applies to all christians, jew and gentile alike.

Romans 1:26-27 states:
"For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error"

There are several other instances that refer to it, but those are the most direct. Strictly saying, if you are a bible beleiving Christian then homosexuality is sinful as stated before and after Christ's death.

Pork was one of those odd little laws given in the old testament. From what I've heard there were some practical health issues behind it when it was first given to them, but this law is generally viewed as no longer applicable as it was intended for a different situation and directed at Jews.

Going by old testament law to rationalize or condemn anything is a little absurd, the actual teaching of Christ and his followers in the New Testament should be used as the foundation of how Christians live their lives. The Old Testamant - while still filled with alot of good information and is sincerely worth reading (particularly Proverbs imo) - should not be viewed as being as applicable as the New Testament.

Here is an interesting page filled with all sorts of odd little OT laws that are not followed:
http://www.fallwell.com/selective%20quotation.html

From a Christian stanpoint homosexuality is wrong given Paul's condemnation of it and ergo gay marriage is wrong.

As far as my oppinion I support gay marriage as long as both chicks are hot

Seriously though, each generation is becoming more and more tolerant of homosexuality and it's associated culture, so I only think it's a matter of time before it's officially allowed, though it's still a ways off.

Homosexuality doesn't bother me, but the culture does. I don't like how they feel the need to constantly shove what should be a private matter into the public eye. Take this pic from a gay pride parade for example (borderline NSFW):

http://www.unclegropey.com/pics/guirrelny/DSC02484.JPG

Parading around like that in your private residence or perhaps even a specialized club/bar is all well and good, but parading through the street? I don't want to see that shit, and I don't think I should have to - let alone if I had a family. Why can't gay pride parades feature people in regular clothes, or at the very least tasteful costumes (and I'm sure a few do)? Why is there instead a focus on sexual deviancy and fetishism (i.e. S&M as evidenced in the pic)? That is what makes me concerned about the nature of their culutre, not the moral issue of whether homosexuality or gay marriage is right or wrong.

I don't have any problems with homosexuality, and the concept of gay marriage doesn't really bother me either. I am, however, leary of supporting their culture.




i agree with everything Az said but i still think marriage should be between a man and a woman. Im not a christian i dont read the bible its just an ethical stance i take. Idk why they cant just settle with being life partners as long as they both know theyre going to spend the rest of their lives together why do they have to try to push for something as silly as gay marriage.


Trevor (OP)
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/3/07
ur a good man trevor.
17206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/07
What I don't understand is what makes them compelled to get married; if they know its going to make a lot of people mad. No, they have to show their love to the world with a marriage. Sounds kind of dumb to me. Actually, in my opinion, I think that gay marriage, so to speak, should be illegal.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.