First  Prev  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  Next  Last
"Money isn't everything"
55 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / NSW, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/11/12
I believe there is a solid line between excitement, feeling 'happy' and true happiness...
Of course, if you have a desire for some kind of material object, acquiring said object will lead to a brief moment of
excitement and then leads to feeling 'happy'.

But this is just my view, nothing more.
You're all free to have your own opinions, it just depends on how you look at it, that's all.
ispy12 
32571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/11/12
money is just trusting into a piece of paper.
70169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Online
Posted 11/11/12
Money certainly makes it easier to find happiness. I don't mean by throwing money at your problems, I mean it gives you more free time to look for something you enjoy doing.
8508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 11/11/12
money is one of the most important things in this world. it can buy just about anything. money can't buy you happiness? yeah right. you buy your way in to disney world right? you buy video games right? don't those things make you happy?

but thinking money is everything is a horrible way to live in my view. the best things can't be bought. money doesn't rule my life.
Posted 11/11/12 , edited 11/11/12
When you don't have it, it pretty much is.

When the majority of the money you use to pay for school is from loans, than money does become an issue.
Plus, transportation for a month costs $200.
Books are a good $600 a semester.
My cell phone bill is $60 a month.
And let's not forget food, electronics, and other miscellaneous items.

When calculated, that shit adds up.
-Paul- 
19272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/12/12
forum topic should just say "money is important".
16522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 11/12/12 , edited 11/12/12
Well someone told me the other day at work "Money can't buy happiness". However if I had enough cash to buy a brand new house, computer, furniture, tv, Jacuzzi, Helicopter ect. I wouldn't be the most unhappiest guy.
Posted 11/12/12
Well yes, it is indeed a practical thing to have but money is just like buying fake happiness.. you'll never get contented unless you'll know the very meaning of it.
16208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/12/12
Money isn't everything, merely the starting point for everything else.
2264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / on the chair
Offline
Posted 11/12/12 , edited 11/12/12

Havoc_360 wrote:


nyetjoo wrote:

When people say things like "money can't buy happiness, true friendship and love"
well yeah, maybe that's true,
but in which life would you be more inclined to have happiness and all that other stuff?
a life where you're dirt poor and constantly having to meet dead ends or where you have a stable income and can support your family in peace?

it's all fine and dainty to say "money isn't everything," and "happiness can be found in even the poorest of places,"
but honestly,
if money isn't everything,
why do we need to get a job?
why do we need it to support ourselves?
why the hell do we even need to go to places like universities to have a higher chance of getting a 'job' in the future?


I'm pretty sure most of the people here can agree, if money didn't mean something,
they'd have chosen a different path in life.







You can put that way too.
But to express the phrase "money isn't everything" in more depth, to some people they find other things more value in life than having more money or being rich.
Whether it be friends and family, success, vacations, travel, and so forth.
We know money is necessity in life in order to have certain things, and to do what we like.


Let's not forget, there are people who are greedy and snobby, only thinks of themselves. Money matters to them.


I understand what you mean when you say people find things more valuable in life than riches and money...
however although yes, there are people who are greedy and snobby in the world who only think of themselves,
we can't really deny the fact that money matters to us too.

It is a necessity to everyone and I find it a shame that it is so.
Money's like a form of 'order' or 'restriction' don't you think? because it matters.

34394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/12/12
this world is governed by relativity..

money can be everything to someone who really needs it..
and not to someone who possess such wealth..

for me as far as experience goes, money can give you certain advantages..
however some aspects of life cant be solved by money..
so ill be right in the middle on this one.. 50/50,,
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Cali
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

nyetjoo wrote:


Havoc_360 wrote:


nyetjoo wrote:

When people say things like "money can't buy happiness, true friendship and love"
well yeah, maybe that's true,
but in which life would you be more inclined to have happiness and all that other stuff?
a life where you're dirt poor and constantly having to meet dead ends or where you have a stable income and can support your family in peace?

it's all fine and dainty to say "money isn't everything," and "happiness can be found in even the poorest of places,"
but honestly,
if money isn't everything,
why do we need to get a job?
why do we need it to support ourselves?
why the hell do we even need to go to places like universities to have a higher chance of getting a 'job' in the future?


I'm pretty sure most of the people here can agree, if money didn't mean something,
they'd have chosen a different path in life.







You can put that way too.
But to express the phrase "money isn't everything" in more depth, to some people they find other things more value in life than having more money or being rich.
Whether it be friends and family, success, vacations, travel, and so forth.
We know money is necessity in life in order to have certain things, and to do what we like.


Let's not forget, there are people who are greedy and snobby, only thinks of themselves. Money matters to them.


I understand what you mean when you say people find things more valuable in life than riches and money...
however although yes, there are people who are greedy and snobby in the world who only think of themselves,
we can't really deny the fact that money matters to us too.

It is a necessity to everyone and I find it a shame that it is so.
Money's like a form of 'order' or 'restriction' don't you think? because it matters.





Totally agree with you on that one.

Lets just say we put "money" aside from the topic for a bit and see. Now it no longer becomes everything, not to some people at a point anyways.

My gf's father told me, money didnt matter to him, because he cherish family over anything else. Now I can see why he is such a happy guy waking up everyday, seeing his family is well and happy.

We all know for a fact, we use money to obtain what makes us happy, thus money= happiness.
take money out of the equation, and lets see what people really say makes them happy, if it still has the same result if we were to put money back into the picture.

Posted 11/13/12
Money isn't everything, but man can it sure help. As long as you're using it wisely, otherwise, you could start out a billionare and have a cardboard box soon enough.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 11/13/12 , edited 11/13/12
Only people that are spoiled rotten think money isn't important, I think the hoi polloi would disagree with you
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/13/12
Money is just an idea you don't need to believe in.
First  Prev  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.