First  Prev  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  Next  Last
"Money isn't everything"
49106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 11/19/12
*Money can't buy love nor friendship* - Neither can poverty.
Posted 11/19/12
Someone tried telling me this once.


Once.
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/19/12

Nozferi wrote:

*Money can't buy love nor friendship* - Neither can poverty.


Nor can a piece of string. Your point?

The argument is: Money is everything, Yes or no.

There have been several proofs given including the example above that money is NOT everything. QED.

argument over.

49106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Nozferi wrote:

*Money can't buy love nor friendship* - Neither can poverty.


Nor can a piece of string. Your point?

The argument is: Money is everything, Yes or no.

There have been several proofs given including the example above that money is NOT everything. QED.

argument over.



You can't prove something to be or not be when it's subject to perspective and individual ideals.

I don't know why you're arguing my post, but since you obviously missed the point I'll elaborate.


*Money can't buy love nor friendship* - True (subject to perspective), at least not "real" love/friendship.

*But neither can poverty* - Having money does not exclude "real" love/friendship, lacking money does not include "real" love/friendship.


Simply put nr.1:: Money isn't everything, but lacking it gives you no advantage over those who have it.
Simply put nr.2: A rich man can be just as happy as an poor man, and an poor man just as miserable as an rich man.
Simply put nr.3: Poor or rich, it makes you neither better nor worse.

My main point: Money isn't everything, but having it doesn't by default hurt you.


Next time you decide to sound smart, read it again.
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
money is essential, and people need more of it.
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

Nozferi wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Nozferi wrote:

*Money can't buy love nor friendship* - Neither can poverty.


Nor can a piece of string. Your point?

The argument is: Money is everything, Yes or no.

There have been several proofs given including the example above that money is NOT everything. QED.

argument over.



You can't prove something to be or not be when it's subject to perspective and individual ideals.

I don't know why you're arguing my post, but since you obviously missed the point I'll elaborate.


*Money can't buy love nor friendship* - True (subject to perspective), at least not "real" love/friendship.

*But neither can poverty* - Having money does not exclude "real" love/friendship, lacking money does not include "real" love/friendship.


Simply put nr.1:: Money isn't everything, but lacking it gives you no advantage over those who have it.
Simply put nr.2: A rich man can be just as happy as an poor man, and an poor man just as miserable as an rich man.
Simply put nr.3: Poor or rich, it makes you neither better nor worse.

My main point: Money isn't everything, but having it doesn't by default hurt you.


Next time you decide to sound smart, read it again.


The argument is weather or not money is everything. Not weather or not it provides an advantage. You responded to a post that argued the negative: that money was not everything. If you were not making a counter argument to the positive then your post lacks relevance and has been presumably been made to make yourself 'sound smart'

have a nice day.

I think your own post successfully proves once more that money is NOT 'everything'

2114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
money can provide you with opportunity's, but so can intelligence

I'm at a draw on this one
a619ko 
18192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
Without money, the Anime industry wouldn't exist.


Nuff said.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
What about we just go back bartering things? That is a much better economic concept that is free of much stress, since you don't need to work for money, all you need to use you energy on in this type of economic system is creation of products and service. Also, in this system, you can give away the products and services that you create for free.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
Even the richest people are not satisfied. They buy more and more but are they truly happy? What happens when they retire? Eventually that money is gonna run out. So who will they have when the money is gone? No one if they didn't treat people with kindness. Money is a need but not the basis for life. Money come and Money go, it's not like you can take it with you.
777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
In my case, money is just means to survive, if i could choose i would instantly change any money i would've gotten from a days work to food or whatever i need, i dont need to have money, i just do cuz society is built this way
6370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

-Vega- wrote:

What about we just go back bartering things? That is a much better economic concept that is free of much stress, since you don't need to work for money, all you need to use you energy on in this type of economic system is creation of products and service. Also, in this system, you can give away the products and services that you create for free.


The problem with bartering is that the value of certain items that you are trading do not match the value you are trading for (2 guns for 5 cupcakes) or (5 cupcakes for 8 tires).
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/20/12 , edited 11/20/12

KiteCross wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

What about we just go back bartering things? That is a much better economic concept that is free of much stress, since you don't need to work for money, all you need to use you energy on in this type of economic system is creation of products and service. Also, in this system, you can give away the products and services that you create for free.


The problem with bartering is that the value of certain items that you are trading do not match the value you are trading for (2 guns for 5 cupcakes) or (5 cupcakes for 8 tires).


I wouldn't care about value. I just care about what I get in the exchange. When you think about it, monetary value is just a mental concept that is unnecessary.
43130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI~~
Aye its hard in the world we live in, we forget about more important things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6lw1suaZpo&feature=related ~~
If tomorrow doesnt come... all the money u saved up for will be happily spent by someone else.

Money does impact lives though~
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / caribbean
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
money may not be able to buy which some call happiness, but what is a universal fact is that without any you can feel true sorrow
money can make people happy if buy-able things make them happy. glade i am one of them.
First  Prev  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.