First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Disgaea
7375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The World That Wa...
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
..I don't like Disgaea

*looks at avatar*

Naw, I love Disgaea, an awesome series, the one thing I can't stand though is the maz level 9999...I mean come on...I got bored training to level 2000 (And that was with JUSt Laharl/Adell), and that's where I finished. People who train to level 9999 MUST have no life, I'm sorry if you're one of them, but they're the facts right there.
Though since Disgaea 3 will be a PS3 exclusive I won't be getting it (Hell am I spending THAT much on a PS3 JUST for Disgaea)
Posted 12/9/07

Doom-Desire wrote:

..I don't like Disgaea

*looks at avatar*

Naw, I love Disgaea, an awesome series, the one thing I can't stand though is the maz level 9999...I mean come on...I got bored training to level 2000 (And that was with JUSt Laharl/Adell), and that's where I finished. People who train to level 9999 MUST have no life, I'm sorry if you're one of them, but they're the facts right there.
Though since Disgaea 3 will be a PS3 exclusive I won't be getting it (Hell am I spending THAT much on a PS3 JUST for Disgaea)


Actually if you know what your doing you can get 6 or 7 characters to 9999 in less than a day.

I think i reincarnated my larharl and Etna almost 5 or 6 times each so they really had a level of over 50,000 each.

Trevor (OP)

116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
Its a good classic tactical rpg game, pain to level up though. It is kinda rare to find nowadays but its worth trying to find it. Unique/good animation. Introduces PRINNIES. Wat else do u want?
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
i have it on my psp and it rocks!
4193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Poplar Bluff, Mis...
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
I am getting the PSP version for Christmas!!! I cant wait.
369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
sg
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
Sounds gross, Disgaea.
37798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 12/9/07
im on chapter 5 etana's secrets im stuck lol some1 help me spoil wat happens
7375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The World That Wa...
Offline
Posted 12/9/07

kyocool wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:

..I don't like Disgaea

*looks at avatar*

Naw, I love Disgaea, an awesome series, the one thing I can't stand though is the maz level 9999...I mean come on...I got bored training to level 2000 (And that was with JUSt Laharl/Adell), and that's where I finished. People who train to level 9999 MUST have no life, I'm sorry if you're one of them, but they're the facts right there.
Though since Disgaea 3 will be a PS3 exclusive I won't be getting it (Hell am I spending THAT much on a PS3 JUST for Disgaea)


Actually if you know what your doing you can get 6 or 7 characters to 9999 in less than a day.

I think i reincarnated my larharl and Etna almost 5 or 6 times each so they really had a level of over 50,000 each.

Trevor (OP)



SO..If I do the basic maths, then from that I should be able to get just one character to level 9999 in a few hours, right?...I must be doing it wrong, a whole day got my one character to level 2000...Obviously the Gaming God hates me...and because of it I never got to defeat Baal. v.v

Ronin
95039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/15/08
38408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 1/18/08
Disgaea rox my sox.
500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

Doom-Desire wrote:


kyocool wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:

..I don't like Disgaea

*looks at avatar*

Naw, I love Disgaea, an awesome series, the one thing I can't stand though is the maz level 9999...I mean come on...I got bored training to level 2000 (And that was with JUSt Laharl/Adell), and that's where I finished. People who train to level 9999 MUST have no life, I'm sorry if you're one of them, but they're the facts right there.
Though since Disgaea 3 will be a PS3 exclusive I won't be getting it (Hell am I spending THAT much on a PS3 JUST for Disgaea)


Actually if you know what your doing you can get 6 or 7 characters to 9999 in less than a day.

I think i reincarnated my larharl and Etna almost 5 or 6 times each so they really had a level of over 50,000 each.

Trevor (OP)



SO..If I do the basic maths, then from that I should be able to get just one character to level 9999 in a few hours, right?...I must be doing it wrong, a whole day got my one character to level 2000...Obviously the Gaming God hates me...and because of it I never got to defeat Baal. v.v



Well, If you do the math, Base stats are more important to the power of the character than just their level. I think that for even just one more point in a stat, when you reach lvl 9999 it increaces by maybe 20,000pts? cant remember lol.
I remember someone on gamefaqs saying that the quickest way to have the most powerful character possible is:

1: Max the Enemy Stronger Bills
2: Cave of Ordeals 3 (Etna mode is best)
3 One Hit KO that level 5 times (Winged Slayer is recommended)(you'd now be at about lvl600 or so?)
4 Transmigrate
5 Repeat until the bonus stats are enough to make all your stats max (I think it needs about 500? each? lol)
6 After base stats are at max, grind until 9999, make pupils, 100lvl Yoshitsuna w/ max gladiators, etc
7 Done! The untimate killing machine.

I think i'd take about an hour at most. Not sure :\
It's easier to have the psp version because you can abuse the foresight glitch and have 'animations off'.
7375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The World That Wa...
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

Dark_Requiem wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:


kyocool wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:

..I don't like Disgaea

*looks at avatar*

Naw, I love Disgaea, an awesome series, the one thing I can't stand though is the maz level 9999...I mean come on...I got bored training to level 2000 (And that was with JUSt Laharl/Adell), and that's where I finished. People who train to level 9999 MUST have no life, I'm sorry if you're one of them, but they're the facts right there.
Though since Disgaea 3 will be a PS3 exclusive I won't be getting it (Hell am I spending THAT much on a PS3 JUST for Disgaea)


Actually if you know what your doing you can get 6 or 7 characters to 9999 in less than a day.

I think i reincarnated my larharl and Etna almost 5 or 6 times each so they really had a level of over 50,000 each.

Trevor (OP)



SO..If I do the basic maths, then from that I should be able to get just one character to level 9999 in a few hours, right?...I must be doing it wrong, a whole day got my one character to level 2000...Obviously the Gaming God hates me...and because of it I never got to defeat Baal. v.v



Well, If you do the math, Base stats are more important to the power of the character than just their level. I think that for even just one more point in a stat, when you reach lvl 9999 it increaces by maybe 20,000pts? cant remember lol.
I remember someone on gamefaqs saying that the quickest way to have the most powerful character possible is:

1: Max the Enemy Stronger Bills
2: Cave of Ordeals 3 (Etna mode is best)
3 One Hit KO that level 5 times (Winged Slayer is recommended)(you'd now be at about lvl600 or so?)
4 Transmigrate
5 Repeat until the bonus stats are enough to make all your stats max (I think it needs about 500? each? lol)
6 After base stats are at max, grind until 9999, make pupils, 100lvl Yoshitsuna w/ max gladiators, etc
7 Done! The untimate killing machine.

I think i'd take about an hour at most. Not sure :\
It's easier to have the psp version because you can abuse the foresight glitch and have 'animations off'.


You're joking? All that taking an hour? What are you, The Flash?

But actually you can turn animations off in the PS2 version as well...At least i was able to anyway. >_>
265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/08
i love disgaea i got 1, 2 and the psp version but i am playing the psp right now since its got all the new stuff and unlockables ^-^
500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

You're joking? All that taking an hour? What are you, The Flash?

But actually you can turn animations off in the PS2 version as well...At least i was able to anyway. >_>


Well, I mean the part about getting maxed base stats taking about an hour. Getting to 9999 is a pain in the ass :\

But the glitched forsights help.
In the psp version all the forsights are glitched. The lvl of the residents on the foresights are abonrmaly high, sometimes totaling around 2000 on one item. They also come with Staticians, Armmasters, Managers, and Brokers at around lvl 10800 PRE-SUBDUED. You could buy a foresight, take the Statician/whatever off of it, move it to another weapon, and damn. Grinding made that much easier. Also, foresights give you -100 jump when equiped, leaving you immobile. For some reason, if you equipt a second one, that effect is negated. Also, the level of the enimies in the item world start at 566+(with no enemy stronger bills), compared to that of rank 40 items, which is 250+. Crazy, huh?
624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/18/08
Easy to get a lvl.9999 NekoMata in the second, pretty early in fact, just play the same stage over and over that levels enemies early on, capture a "capturable" Neko (+/- added together the level of all you chars, you can probably try twice or triple as well if youre confident, throw them into the base with your stronger chars inside, hope for capture) rince/repeat (heal your current captured NekoMata and other teammates inbetween too... o.o), and it should get easier to get lvl.9999 chars after you have gotten all the map pieces, have`nt done that yet, but the trick is the same as in the first, grind in cave of trials number 3, the one with the puppets, should go pretty fast in the land of carnage version of the same stage, but you need a decent sword and maxed prominences since they have high avoid, but i have`nt tried it, got a bit tired of the grind (miss 2 map pieces)

i like the quirky stories both games have^^
looking forward to number 3
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.