First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply The Genkan [Introduce Yourself!]
Member
9142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / cali
Offline
Posted 7/26/08
Name: um just call me Reinin
Hobbies: drawing, reading, music, hanging out, fighting with wooden weapons, and sports.
Favorite Weapon: Claymore or longsword
Why: because there powerful and when used properly you can hold ground for a long time.
Favorite Warrior: King Leonidas
Why: he was a warrior who knew the odds where unwindable but fought till the end and made the Persians lose all taste for war which is a great feet.

My only practice in martial arts is a month and it was kick boxing but i fight with wooden weapons a lot to keep my sword skills up.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/26/08

brotherhoodofthewolf wrote:

Name: um just call me Reinin
Hobbies: drawing, reading, music, hanging out, fighting with wooden weapons, and sports.
Favorite Weapon: Claymore or longsword
Why: because there powerful and when used properly you can hold ground for a long time.
Favorite Warrior: King Leonidas
Why: he was a warrior who knew the odds where unwindable but fought till the end and made the Persians lose all taste for war which is a great feet.

My only practice in martial arts is a month and it was kick boxing but i fight with wooden weapons a lot to keep my sword skills up.

Interesting.

Most weapon arts don't allow anyone under 18 to participate. What school of swordsmanship do you attend?
Member
9142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / cali
Offline
Posted 7/26/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


brotherhoodofthewolf wrote:

Name: um just call me Reinin
Hobbies: drawing, reading, music, hanging out, fighting with wooden weapons, and sports.
Favorite Weapon: Claymore or longsword
Why: because there powerful and when used properly you can hold ground for a long time.
Favorite Warrior: King Leonidas
Why: he was a warrior who knew the odds where unwindable but fought till the end and made the Persians lose all taste for war which is a great feet.

My only practice in martial arts is a month and it was kick boxing but i fight with wooden weapons a lot to keep my sword skills up.

Interesting.

Most weapon arts don't allow anyone under 18 to participate. What school of swordsmanship do you attend?


school? dont make me laugh i train myself fighting with my own style fighting with no style in particular for you do not need to learn a form to fight. (even though that might seem a lil corny)
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/26/08 , edited 7/26/08

brotherhoodofthewolf wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


brotherhoodofthewolf wrote:

Name: um just call me Reinin
Hobbies: drawing, reading, music, hanging out, fighting with wooden weapons, and sports.
Favorite Weapon: Claymore or longsword
Why: because there powerful and when used properly you can hold ground for a long time.
Favorite Warrior: King Leonidas
Why: he was a warrior who knew the odds where unwindable but fought till the end and made the Persians lose all taste for war which is a great feet.

My only practice in martial arts is a month and it was kick boxing but i fight with wooden weapons a lot to keep my sword skills up.

Interesting.

Most weapon arts don't allow anyone under 18 to participate. What school of swordsmanship do you attend?


school? dont make me laugh i train myself fighting with my own style fighting with no style in particular for you do not need to learn a form to fight. (even though that might seem a lil corny)


If you do not have sufficient training in an established art you are in no way qualified to create your own style.

You don't need to learn a form to fight, sure, but it would be of the utmost ignorance to try and create a form of your own if you have no previous training.
Member
9142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / cali
Offline
Posted 7/26/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


brotherhoodofthewolf wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


brotherhoodofthewolf wrote:

Name: um just call me Reinin
Hobbies: drawing, reading, music, hanging out, fighting with wooden weapons, and sports.
Favorite Weapon: Claymore or longsword
Why: because there powerful and when used properly you can hold ground for a long time.
Favorite Warrior: King Leonidas
Why: he was a warrior who knew the odds where unwindable but fought till the end and made the Persians lose all taste for war which is a great feet.

My only practice in martial arts is a month and it was kick boxing but i fight with wooden weapons a lot to keep my sword skills up.

Interesting.

Most weapon arts don't allow anyone under 18 to participate. What school of swordsmanship do you attend?


school? dont make me laugh i train myself fighting with my own style fighting with no style in particular for you do not need to learn a form to fight. (even though that might seem a lil corny)


If you do not have sufficient training in an established art you are in no way qualified to create your own style.

You don't need to learn a form to fight, sure, but it would be of the utmost ignorance to try and create a form of your own if you have no previous training.


im not creating a form thats not what i said in my own style meaning i do what i feel would be right in the battle.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/26/08


A style or a "form" is a systematic method to learn and utilize combat.
Besides, how do you expect to implement swordsmanship into "battle" ?

Member
9142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / cali
Offline
Posted 7/26/08 , edited 7/26/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:



A style or a "form" is a systematic method to learn and utilize combat.
Besides, how do you expect to implement swordsmanship into "battle" ?



i do not have the answer to that and i bow to your knowledge but is there truly an answer to that.
Head Moderator
10476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
welcome all!

I'm happy this group is growing like it is, and hopefully we all learn a lot together. Check in often, post in the forums when you can and have fun.
Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/6/08 , edited 8/6/08
I'm Shari! I like to learn interesting things. I have no hobbies, no talent, no aspiration, and absolutely no ambition!. Nice to meet you too. I am not hopeless, I'm just unsure and stuff. I do not look down on myself, and I don't expect you to do so either!

Favourite weapons: Katana, Broadswords like the Jian and the Tsurugi. Double-edgeds are nice. Daos cause they are reminiscent of machetes, I love machetes. And staffs/spears. I love archery. I don't know how to use them but the way the function is really nice.They are appealing to me.

Favourite warriors are Miyamoto Musashi, indeed a impeccable swordsman and Date Masumune, he's not so bad himself. The Sanadas were awesome too. Masayuki was my favourite Sanada, Yukimore was alright. But my most favourite of all favourites is Honda Tadakatsu. Best frikken warrior ever!
Head Moderator
10476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
hehe... well, welcome... Officially.
Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

LegendarySucker wrote:

Dude...It's a secret! But lets just say... somewhere over 45...........


Women are sensitive about there age... you really live up to your avatar I guess. I love tsunade.lol. I don't know if it was insensitive to say that.
Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

Macedonian wrote:

hehe... well, welcome... Officially.


Mace, can I call you that (so much easier) where is your introduction?

Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/08 , edited 8/7/08

To be honest. . . I am very intimidated by you. you intimidate me. I don't expect anything more, your like old..er and stuff. But that's how I feel. I'm saying what I feel. Please take no offense. But I do think your admirable and cool. I guess it's like you know so much and I know soo very little. Well that's why I joined to learn.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

kiluanne93 wrote:


To be honest. . . I am very intimidated by you. you intimidate me. I don't expect anything more, your like old..er and stuff. But that's how I feel. I'm saying what I feel. Please take no offense. But I do think your admirable and cool. I guess it's like you know so much and I know soo very little. Well that's why I joined to learn.


Haha don't be intimidated by me. I'm really a nice guy. ^_^
In real life I'm a like a cuddly teddy bear.

We are all students, even me. I have noticed great qualities in you. You are so willing to learn and are very intelligent. Many people are just stubborn and try and act like they know everything. You are very wise for this.
And you seem like a very kind person. Those who are as such always have greatest potential to learn.

Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


kiluanne93 wrote:


To be honest. . . I am very intimidated by you. you intimidate me. I don't expect anything more, your like old..er and stuff. But that's how I feel. I'm saying what I feel. Please take no offense. But I do think your admirable and cool. I guess it's like you know so much and I know soo very little. Well that's why I joined to learn.


Haha don't be intimidated by me. I'm really a nice guy. ^_^
In real life I'm a like a cuddly teddy bear.

We are all students, even me. I have noticed great qualities in you. You are so willing to learn and are very intelligent. Many people are just stubborn and try and act like they know everything. You are very wise for this.
And you seem like a very kind person. Those who are as such always have greatest potential to learn.



I'm flattered. I think i am just very modest, I can see that you are a very nice person. Anyone who compares themselves to a cuddly teddy bear must definitely a kind warm person. this is indeed a nice group. With sincere people. : )
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.