First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Time Travel...Your Thoughts
21661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Not Where I Want...
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
u have a point
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/07

moomoo wrote:

time travel isnt possible, for instance say u want to go back in time and change something, the reason y its not possible is because in the future you would have already done it therefore you wouldnt be going back in time in the first place


that only applies for going back in time, what about traveling into the future?
or maybe I don't really get what you said.
6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
i wouldnt want to travel into my future.

It doesnt really worry me what would happen in the future but What concerns me most is the current time that will affect my future.

If i can go back time, I want to go to the time when Jesus was born up to the day he was executed. I want to prove to everyone that he wasnt born in December 25. and ask one really important question. Important to me that is.
260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / North carolina
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
john titor said it'l happen in the year 2035 and the first one will be made by GE
48285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / CT,USA
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
In reality if you want to do anything with time you need to be going the speed of light(this is almost impossible).or at least make something that will help you achive that speed(if you can make something like this it could have the ability to destroy the earth or the galaxy).But i remember I think it was Albert Einstien said "Imagination is more important then knowledge.." .Someday someone will make a time machine but thats so far away that who know if where still alive by then
6212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / US
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
bellus-vae, yea the present is what should concern everyone the most. Its the only thing we might actually have any control over, heh. Oh and you can pm me your question.

john titor, lol...

Mauz, the point was rather convoluted so I'm having trouble understanding what he was getting at. In the future one would have already changed it(whatever one changed in the past), therefore one can't go back to the past. What? Perhaps hes getting at that as soon as one travels back that would be the future for that person, so its not the past.

However, it is just as easy to image that by going back in time, you made the future what it is. I think we are using words differently though, which makes this =/. What most people want, I believe, is to believe that they could potentially do somethign different, and actually change the past. This is not possible, of course.

About traveling to the future, I dunno. I travel though time everyday. Forward, to the future, then though what was considered the future, then toward the future again. But, about traveling into the far future, what sense does it make to talk about traveling to something that has not yet been created?
5417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/5/07

mauz15 wrote:


moomoo wrote:

time travel isnt possible, for instance say u want to go back in time and change something, the reason y its not possible is because in the future you would have already done it therefore you wouldnt be going back in time in the first place


that only applies for going back in time, what about traveling into the future?
or maybe I don't really get what you said.


lol time travel is possible...we all are now...the rate can be changed however...so basically u can decrease ur rate of aging while everything around you ages faster....so technically ur in the "future" but to do that you need to have an infinite mass and an energy reactor as powerful as the sun
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
@Eros: what? in theory physicists claim that if you travel in a spaceship at the speed of light for a couple of minutes; since time is relative that means while you travel for those few minutes, meanwhile back on earth years have passed.

when you say "what sense does it make to talk about traveling to somethign that has not yet been created" that to me means that your idea of time is the old one before the theory of relativity existed. Time is relative so perhaps you need to reword that sentence or explain it better because that does not makes sense to me.
6212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / US
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
Dunno what your getting at with the spaceship thing, but I agree with it, I suppose.

But yea I'm just writing for the heck of it, not saying I'm well informed or anything on this matter.

The point about creating... The past has over, it has been created. The present is now. The future is what will be. We naturally travel forward, but only to the very near future, or whatever future we create. If there is a way to jump to the created future, fine, but if its not created how can one jump to it? Is the future just out there somewhere, created, that we can go to? No. But perhaps we can get to the created future somehow. Thats all. It does not seem like a significant point to me, probably a rather simple point with not much bearing.
5417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/5/07

Eros wrote:

Dunno what your getting at with the spaceship thing, but I agree with it, I suppose.

But yea I'm just writing for the heck of it, not saying I'm well informed or anything on this matter.

The point about creating... The past has over, it has been created. The present is now. The future is what will be. We naturally travel forward, but only to the very near future, or whatever future we create. Just jumping 1000 years into the future seems implausible to me. In some way the future needs to have been created, before one jumps to it. If there is a way to jump to the created future, fine, but if its not created how can one jump to it? Is the future just out there somewhere, created, that we can go to? No. But perhaps we can get to the created future somehow. Thats all. It does not seem like a significant point to me, probably a rather simple point with not much bearing.


lol actually future is just a period of time ahead of the present....so yeah we can still have a "future" but a very desolate one
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
This is something I found in the askphilosophers site

Some philosophers think that time is a lot like space: just as all places are equally real even though I am only in one place, so all times are equally real even though I am only in one time. On this view, the fact that the future exists now no more makes it present than the existence of a place over-there makes that place exist here.
Posted 1/5/07
Time travel definetly gives me a head ache hehe. Too many possibilities. Pretty cool to think about, but something that shouldnt become possible. Considerring how easy it is to manipulate history with only the media, how screwed up would it get if you could literally alter history by going into the past...

and what kind of side effects would time travel cause? I wonder if people would start growing extra body parts of become schizo or something like that hehe.
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / new york
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
just go the speed of light
13298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 1/5/07
nope
5417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/5/07

st3v3ryb3cky wrote:

just go the speed of light


lol u need to have an infinite mass
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.