First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
A rant about governments in general
Posted 10/5/07
^i was talking to anvoice, not you.

yes i am rational. i think about what is right not its right so long as no one gets hurt. you people are the most emotional people ive ever seen. excalien, Happy, and anvoice, im bout your age and i know that in every generation, theres a "rebellion" of young people trying to do whats "right" but end up wrong and humble. however, im not like you guys, im different and i wont be part of your rebellion. i wont sit there i think like you guys because one day, youll find out you guys are wrong about war and critisizing leaders. that i guarantee. oh and you cant call people who think there is honor in war and death stupid because that would mean you call all historical cultures stupid, not to mention a few modern cultures stupid. im only stupid in your view because i do not agree with you. thats where you are wrong on so many levels and ways.
873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Newyork
Offline
Posted 10/5/07
I hate it went people talk bad about their own government, the laws are their to keep people in order and protect you . Without laws people could just run in your house and take what they want and all hell will break loose.Sure the government did some bad things,but thats why they keep it quiet.Don't talk bad unless It's a dictatorship.
Posted 10/5/07
thank you bud.
50265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/5/07
I agree with Budlox... but I do think the US can improve at least little...heh...just saying.
154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Outside your wind...
Offline
Posted 10/5/07
ok, one last thing and then i am going to try my best to stop responding to this thread.
The problem with your entire logic, is that you refuse to admit that leaders are not perfect. Our current president is one of the least intelligent people on Earth, our Generals have no clue what they are doing, and the media is getting in the way of allowing our soldiers to do their jobs.
Even if your country has the 'ideal' leader, he should never be free from criticism. As was previously stated, being critical of your government, and the fundamental right to do so, is part of a democracy. Its what makes a democracy what it is. If you dont like something, you have the power to change it.
By turning the world into a black and white issue, instead of the millions of shades of gray that it is, you are making a huge fundamental mistake.

(side note, my keyboard is sticking. I've been trying to edit and fix mistakes as i notice them, but im going to stop now. It's getting old. If i make a mistake and its big enough that you cant understand what I'm getting at, just say so and I'll try again.)
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 10/5/07
lol I cant get away from this thread...ahhh! Anyways, this was my first response to this thread

Also um..damn I forgot your name, anyways, that patriotic guy, there is a difference in understanding the necessity of a government and following it blindly like mindless sheep. You also started posting in this topic at a very bad time, read a couple of the responses me and anvoice had and you might see a little bit of why we responded to your posts as we did. After all, it is rather juvenile to talk about good and bad as it exists in fairy tales after the discussion of transcendence we recently had lol.
btw, I dont think you're stupid, by calling you an idiot, what I actually meant was you are naive, but time will fix that eventually and there is no need for me to intervene.


excalion wrote:

A government is a means to order. Just as it has been throughout history it shall be today that the confinement that is the good of the majority be kept solid and unyielding. Mere anarchy will instigate chaos, followed by destruction. With our technology in weapons as of now, that will not be allowed to ensue, for the coming of that such day will bring Armageddon. Living by the construct of another is the price we must pay in exchange of our sentience. Many have tried to struggle against such a tyranny in the past and thus Democracy was formed. But now we are presented with a new problem. The oppression is no longer the whim of one man vs. the people of a nation. The problem now is a much more subtle one that we have almost accepted into our society. "The oppression of the minority by the majority." And in conclusion, such oppression along with the means to oppress (rules and laws) will always be with us until the day the entire human race as a whole achieves transcendence from this mortal coil that is our bodies and the desires and impurities contained within.


228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Cambridge UK
Offline
Posted 10/5/07
"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
~ Nazi Hermann Goering

politics don't change much do they huh.

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?"

Jefferson.

Point being is power corrupts and if people don't rock the boat occasionally to wake everyone up you get leaders who have lost their sense of reality and citizens that are like are friend skygod here who would follow a corrupt government all the way to a genocide.

You know skygod, those Islamic fanatics you see on tv burning U.S flags and screaming death to America because their peers and leaders have told them that America has been oppressing them for decades and they have blindly followed without ever questioning the logic or motives of their peers, considering it an act of patriotism. well . . . you're just like them.
Posted 10/5/07
^how am i like the radical extremists? i chose to be loyal. i dont support genocide, i support war. im not like them at all, i dont require you to be muslim or something and i dont kill you for it. im loyal to land and leader and youre simply a dissenter if you cant stand a little loyalty. youre ridiculous, comparing me to terrorists who think everyone should convert to islam. another thing, youd like me to be a liberal wuss wouldnt you? so arent you trying to convert me to something be trying(and failing) to guilt trip me into being an mindless, simple person preaching nonviolence for everything? well i will not. and ill be damned if someone is going to call me a terrorist.


3kgt wrote:

ok, one last thing and then i am going to try my best to stop responding to this thread.
The problem with your entire logic, is that you refuse to admit that leaders are not perfect. Our current president is one of the least intelligent people on Earth, our Generals have no clue what they are doing, and the media is getting in the way of allowing our soldiers to do their jobs.
Even if your country has the 'ideal' leader, he should never be free from criticism. As was previously stated, being critical of your government, and the fundamental right to do so, is part of a democracy. Its what makes a democracy what it is. If you dont like something, you have the power to change it.
By turning the world into a black and white issue, instead of the millions of shades of gray that it is, you are making a huge fundamental mistake.

(side note, my keyboard is sticking. I've been trying to edit and fix mistakes as i notice them, but im going to stop now. It's getting old. If i make a mistake and its big enough that you cant understand what I'm getting at, just say so and I'll try again.)


ok now you just proved me when i said you guys were emotional: you hate bus so you throw out things like him being stupid(which isnt true) and all sorts of bullshit. how would you know what his IQ is our if the generals know what theyre doing? youre not up there with the top generals. im NOT saying you cant, im saying you shouldnt, you get in the way of things. critisize when its all done, not during.
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 10/5/07
ok, resist after a rape, not during....lol
228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Cambridge UK
Offline
Posted 10/5/07

excalion wrote:

ok, resist after a rape, not during....lol


damn you beat me to it lol
Posted 10/5/07

excalion wrote:

ok, resist after a rape, not during....lol


are you suggesting resisting the government? cause if you are, thats treason. oh and whats rape got to do with government policy? nothing. thats the most emotional bullshit ive heard since all the love threads came out here.
4367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / in shosuki's bed♥
Offline
Posted 10/5/07
^ lolz! then that wouldn't be rape dude...
hmm...governments are full of themselves ne...they think they're helping the people demo they're only helping themselves to the tax money that their constituents pay for ne...and the supposed leaders are SOOOO INTELLIGENT that they get caught with their hands in the "cookie jar" ne! its all very depressing if you ask me...it tarnishes those in the government who really do want to help cahnge the world!
1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/07
He said we are "close to same age"? I think he is about 13 or so. Probably best to ignore.
Posted 10/5/07

anvoice wrote:

He said we are "close to same age"? I think he is about 13 or so. Probably best to ignore.


youre not exaclty a smart person are you? i think youre just an idiotic 19 year old who'll one day completely find out he's not all that great.

its depressing to see so many stupid people on CR, so mindless and simple. i really should write a book on stupid people such as these here who think like this. one more thing, liberals and conservatives both have think tanks devoted to each's ideals, a group of people analysing and building beliefs of each party. Conservative think tanks have smarter people working for them and its proven because there a more highly intelligent conservatives than there highly intelligent liberals. think about that.

@11tc: what could the germans do? the yanks and brits were coming down, and Hitler was the only option. not to mention it was a totalitarian dictatorship so what could they say?
228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Cambridge UK
Offline
Posted 10/5/07

skygod333 wrote:


excalion wrote:

ok, resist after a rape, not during....lol


are you suggesting resisting the government? cause if you are, thats treason. oh and whats rape got to do with government policy? nothing. thats the most emotional bullshit ive heard since all the love threads came out here.


resisting the government is not treason, if it were then any1 who voted against them would be guilty. lol by your logic it would have been best for all the german citizens in the 1940s just kept their mouth shut and let the nazis conduct their genocide then complain later ? hell if it wasn't for people resisting unfair government then the USA would never have been founded in the first place.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.