WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Metal
2478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / L.A.
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
has anyone but me noticed that pretty much all the worlds remaining good metal is made by Korn, Disturbed and Slipknot? no one else compares to these 3 most excellent of bands. i mean dragonforce isnt really metal and neither is nightwish. the closest i could go is deathklok(who are fucking awesome btw) and there not real so im not sure if they count.

what do you guys think?
15540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Brampton, ON
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
There are more talented Metal bands you know!
By the way, Dragon Force is Power Metal.
2478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / L.A.
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
they dont really fit into the genre and at best i would call them speed metal. and can you name anymore bands? and dont mention apocolyptica(or however you spell there name) cuz they suck.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
lol noob. you don't know what Metal is..

-Korn, Disturbed and Slipknot are NOT Metal, and they suck
-DragonForce is Power Metal and so is Nightwish
-Speed Metal does not exist

408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

BOYVIRO666 wrote:

has anyone but me noticed that pretty much all the worlds remaining good metal is made by Korn, Disturbed and Slipknot? no one else compares to these 3 most excellent of bands. i mean dragonforce isnt really metal and neither is nightwish. the closest i could go is deathklok(who are fucking awesome btw) and there not real so im not sure if they count.

what do you guys think?


Excuse me, mister.


What you listen to is shit.
All the bands you mentioned is shit. Utter shit. And you're shit for listening to that shit.
Korn, shitty prog rock at best, it's shit.
Disturbed is rapcore, nu metal. Shit, plain shit.
Slipknot are for wannabe "angry teen" shitheads. It's shit.
Dragonforce, not metal? What would you define it as? Pop? They are as power metal as you can get, but still it's shit. You can't just show off in every song you got and expect people to like your music, when it's as random as a kitten on speed.
Nightwish is also Power metal, and was shit, until they kicked out Tarja, when they became the definition of shit.

What you should listen to, if you were into metal at all.
You'd check out Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest. The early good 80ies stuff.
You'd check out Slayer, Skinless, Venom, Windir (R.I.P. Valfar), Enslaved, Amon Amarth, Archenemy, Keep of Kalessin, Obituary.
Now that was only the stuff that was on top of my mind. Stop listening to your shit and get some real metal.
Ghost
AHTL 
91487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/5/08
I'd say Pain of Salvation
3623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Romania
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine
408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

julai2015 wrote:

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine


oohh.....

I hate you now.....


DO NOT DEFILE METALLICA AND IRON MAIDEN BY POSTING THEM IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS THAT SHIT BAND!


BFMY is shit, and emo shit at that. Which makes it all worse.

They aren't metal, so you should just stay the fvck away from this thread. It's your kind that makes me loose my faith in humanity.
3623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Romania
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

Keldarin wrote:


julai2015 wrote:

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine


oohh.....

I hate you now.....


DO NOT DEFILE METALLICA AND IRON MAIDEN BY POSTING THEM IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS THAT SHIT BAND!


BFMY is shit, and emo shit at that. Which makes it all worse.

They aren't metal, so you should just stay the fvck away from this thread. It's your kind that makes me loose my faith in humanity.

I don't listen so much to it,but I have to say that they are metal,even if they are a little.you can say what you want that they are shit and stuff cause I don't care.
408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
No, BFMY is emoshit that's the genre they belong under.

Mainstreamed emo rock, if you press it. But it's still shit.

And why are you writing in bold anyways?

Did I miss your post?
Maybe I couldn't quite see what you wrote if you didn't bold it? Thank you, but my eyes are just fine, or was until you started to bold your text.
5006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sheffield
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

Keldarin wrote:


jawk wrote:


Keldarin wrote:


julai2015 wrote:

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine


oohh.....

I hate you now.....


DO NOT DEFILE METALLICA AND IRON MAIDEN BY POSTING THEM IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS THAT SHIT BAND!


BFMY is shit, and emo shit at that. Which makes it all worse.

They aren't metal, so you should just stay the fvck away from this thread. It's your kind that makes me loose my faith in humanity.


What's more shit here is that humongous ego you have.

Jawk


ha ha ha

yeah, my ego is probably better than yours, but that's simply because I am quite clearly better than you. After all, you're defending emos.



My defence towards 'emo' is the same as to 'rap'. I show no prejudice to different styles of music. Besides, what's the point? Oh.. the point that joining a hateful, bashing, bandwagon is cool?
Every artist out there have probably, by no doubt, worked their asses off to be at their current stage, selling records and playing shows- living the dream. It's no doubt that those bands are more successful than you in life at the moment. They write & play music with their heart. Its dumbfuck elitists like you here, who have no respect for anyone, who think they are better than anyone (like you stated) who ruin online communities.

What does this site mean to me? not much. What does this site mean to you? probably not much too, but unless you haven't noticed, this is a PG-13 site, and with your tone of arrogance, I'm sure the mods will be onto you sunshine.

343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your front door
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
korn and slipknot blow so does bullet for my valentine there settled
408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

jawk wrote:


Keldarin wrote:


jawk wrote:


Keldarin wrote:


julai2015 wrote:

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine


oohh.....

I hate you now.....


DO NOT DEFILE METALLICA AND IRON MAIDEN BY POSTING THEM IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS THAT SHIT BAND!


BFMY is shit, and emo shit at that. Which makes it all worse.

They aren't metal, so you should just stay the fvck away from this thread. It's your kind that makes me loose my faith in humanity.


What's more shit here is that humongous ego you have.

Jawk


ha ha ha

yeah, my ego is probably better than yours, but that's simply because I am quite clearly better than you. After all, you're defending emos.



My defence towards 'emo' is the same as to 'rap'. I show no prejudice to different styles of music. Besides, what's the point? Oh.. the point that joining a hateful, bashing, bandwagon is cool?
Every artist out there have probably, by no doubt, worked their asses off to be at their current stage, selling records and playing shows- living the dream. It's no doubt that those bands are more successful than you in life at the moment. They write & play music with their heart. Its dumbfuck elitists like you here, who have no respect for anyone, who think they are better than anyone (like you stated) who ruin online communities.

What does this site mean to me? not much. What does this site mean to you? probably not much too, but unless you haven't noticed, this is a PG-13 site, and with your tone of arrogance, I'm sure the mods will be onto you sunshine.



I'm anxiously awaiting it. Why do you think I'm an elitist troll? Because people like you take me seriously.
I don't care about how much work people put into their music. If it's shit then it's shit. And mainstream is always shit. Because it's directed to the biggest audience, with little mind towards originality at all.

Ghost
AHTL 
91487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/5/08
This thread amuses me.
5006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sheffield
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

Keldarin wrote:


jawk wrote:


Keldarin wrote:


jawk wrote:


Keldarin wrote:


julai2015 wrote:

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine


oohh.....

I hate you now.....


DO NOT DEFILE METALLICA AND IRON MAIDEN BY POSTING THEM IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS THAT SHIT BAND!


BFMY is shit, and emo shit at that. Which makes it all worse.

They aren't metal, so you should just stay the fvck away from this thread. It's your kind that makes me loose my faith in humanity.


What's more shit here is that humongous ego you have.

Jawk


ha ha ha

yeah, my ego is probably better than yours, but that's simply because I am quite clearly better than you. After all, you're defending emos.



My defence towards 'emo' is the same as to 'rap'. I show no prejudice to different styles of music. Besides, what's the point? Oh.. the point that joining a hateful, bashing, bandwagon is cool?
Every artist out there have probably, by no doubt, worked their asses off to be at their current stage, selling records and playing shows- living the dream. It's no doubt that those bands are more successful than you in life at the moment. They write & play music with their heart. Its dumbfuck elitists like you here, who have no respect for anyone, who think they are better than anyone (like you stated) who ruin online communities.

What does this site mean to me? not much. What does this site mean to you? probably not much too, but unless you haven't noticed, this is a PG-13 site, and with your tone of arrogance, I'm sure the mods will be onto you sunshine.



I'm anxiously awaiting it. Why do you think I'm an elitist troll? Because people like you take me seriously.
I don't care about how much work people put into their music. If it's shit then it's shit. And mainstream is always shit. Because it's directed to the biggest audience, with little mind towards originality at all.



What would you prefer me to do? treat you as a person like anyone else on this site or just not acknowledge you at all? I wouldn't mind either way. You say that mainstream is always shit, yet you've listed 2 of the most Mainstream bands- Metallica, Iron Maiden. Aren't these bands ones which have very successful, and large fan bases? Don't they play massive arena gigs usually? Surely- I saw Metallica at Wembley Stadium last summer, and I'm going to see Maiden at Twickenham this year, in which both can hold tens of thousands. No, they don't lack originality at at.. nor do fresh bands like BMFV.

I'll take a typical quote.. "BFMV and Trivium are shit!! they're so unoriginal they just wanna sound like Metallica"

Hello? heard of influences?

Surely you have at least grasped the concept that as bands get bigger, they supposedly get more fans? They don't usually appear out of no where in one day, hence bands tour alot. So is it their fault for being successful and living their dreams and receiving mindless banter that they lack originality, yet some become successful because of being original? Or is it their fault again, that they can't make music which appeals to a wider audience (some without doubt, who are musicians, like myself), because their new 'original sound' isn't perceived with the right amount of appreciation?

This is a metal thread. No doubt are there going to be posts about different bands which fall under the wide array of genres- old and recent bands. We wouldn't expect bands posted such as Nickleback here. If there were 50 people in here who named bands like Slipknot and BFMV would you quote everyone of them just to tell them what you think? Judging from your arrogance, maybe.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.