First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
First Game You Ever Played
3050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Miami
Offline
Posted 1/6/07

sabbacc108 wrote:


BlackRose wrote:

i got my first console when i was in first grade but i had played some other games before. this is the first game i ever played. it's probably one of the best next to the legend of zelda. yea yea
im just 12 so i havent played sooo many of the older games. i do have an atari though!
and i kno some video game history

Aha! But which Atari system do you own? There were several, and several versions of each. My best friend owns both the Atari 2600 original "heavy-sixer" and the newer, woodgrain model.


euthanasia wrote:

heh i think it was super mario bros. Maybe that's not right but all i remember is you could play 4 characters and toad was my favorite.


That was Super Mario Bros. 2, aka "Mario's Dream". It is one of the only cases I can think of where Nintendo did an official rom hack of one of their own games. The real Super Mario Bros. 2 was released in the US as "Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels" in Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES. The US release was a sprite-hacked (and slightly modified) version of Doki Doki Panic!, a Famicom Disc System game.
Fun game.

i own the original one. the classic with the joystick,red button and the on oand off power switch i think. my dad was the original owner. im gonna pass it down from generation to generation. or i could sell it in 20 years! lol
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 1/6/07
first game i ever owned was dot hack infection, i never owned any of the old school games
22848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Torphichen Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/6/07

Tetsuo wrote:

ok a couple things yes my dad remembers pong because he bought my brother and i a pong game on a controller with 12 games on it and its hard to believe someone old enough to remember the 60s likes anime...


What does age have to do with liking anime? Lots of people I know in my agegroup are into it.

Also, if I can remember things from the 60s, it is quite possible for me to be in my low 40s (am just a few days short of 42 in fact). Not really that old, even though it may seem that way to a young pup like yourself.

3751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Where ever theres...
Offline
Posted 1/6/07
I played TETRIS, to this day I still play tetris the DS version with online capabilities
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 1/6/07

dkscotland wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:

ok a couple things yes my dad remembers pong because he bought my brother and i a pong game on a controller with 12 games on it and its hard to believe someone old enough to remember the 60s likes anime...


What does age have to do with liking anime? Lots of people I know in my agegroup are into it.

Also, if I can remember things from the 60s, it is quite possible for me to be in my low 40s (am just a few days short of 42 in fact). Not really that old, even though it may seem that way to a young pup like yourself.



Age is relative. 42 isn't old in the grand scheme of things, but in the anime subculture, you might as well be in a nursing home.
5371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 1/6/07
Super Mario Brothers
177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 1/6/07
My first game was megaman (1) for the nes.


The best game I ever played was probably Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

67850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Japan
Offline
Posted 1/6/07
hahaha Pacman on Atari ... im old
22848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Torphichen Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/6/07

azrael910 wrote:

Age is relative. 42 isn't old in the grand scheme of things, but in the anime subculture, you might as well be in a nursing home.


Cheeky. I'll come over there and brain you with my walking stick if someone could hold my zimmer frame for a minute. :P

Things may be different in other countries but in the UK I would say that the anime subculture would be predominantly around the 35-50 age range. Probably the same for gaming too.

To their shame, the younger generation seem to be more interested in useless celebrities and getting blind drunk at the weekends.

1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/6/07

azrael910 wrote:


dkscotland wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:

ok a couple things yes my dad remembers pong because he bought my brother and i a pong game on a controller with 12 games on it and its hard to believe someone old enough to remember the 60s likes anime...


What does age have to do with liking anime? Lots of people I know in my agegroup are into it.

Also, if I can remember things from the 60s, it is quite possible for me to be in my low 40s (am just a few days short of 42 in fact). Not really that old, even though it may seem that way to a young pup like yourself.



Age is relative. 42 isn't old in the grand scheme of things, but in the anime subculture, you might as well be in a nursing home.



yes its not that 40 is old but for anime its just uncommon i mean yeah one of my friends dad likes watching anime but only when he is drunk(no offense).
53235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/6/07

Tetsuo wrote:
yes its not that 40 is old but for anime its just uncommon i mean yeah one of my friends dad likes watching anime but only when he is drunk(no offense).


I recently got my 53-year-old father into anime (which really surprised me). I think that they find a show that captures their imagination, pretty much anybody can gwet into anime.
Of course, some people are just opposed to anything that is comparatively new--the Youth Department head at my library is hardcore opposed to having anime and manga in the library. Luckily, there isn't really a whole lot she can do to prevent it from entering the collections, if that's what people want. I think even a lot of trashy manga is better that those Mary-Kate and Ashley (ugh...) paperbacks we have, and those aren't getting weeded anytime soon.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 1/6/07

sabbacc108 wrote:


Tetsuo wrote:
yes its not that 40 is old but for anime its just uncommon i mean yeah one of my friends dad likes watching anime but only when he is drunk(no offense).


I recently got my 53-year-old father into anime (which really surprised me). I think that they find a show that captures their imagination, pretty much anybody can gwet into anime.
Of course, some people are just opposed to anything that is comparatively new--the Youth Department head at my library is hardcore opposed to having anime and manga in the library. Luckily, there isn't really a whole lot she can do to prevent it from entering the collections, if that's what people want. I think even a lot of trashy manga is better that those Mary-Kate and Ashley (ugh...) paperbacks we have, and those aren't getting weeded anytime soon.


Out of curiousity, what anime got you father into it? I couldn't get my father to sit through more than 5 minutes of GITS. MY mother understsands anime a bit more than she used to (she watched the Love Hina XMas special and a fair amount Kare Kano with me, and while I wouldn't say she liked it more than what she usally watches, she was interested in it). I've been thinking of trying to show my parents Cowboy Bebop since they both loved Firefly when I brought that home to watch (the series and the movie).

Though he did seem oddly interested NGE when I was watching it with a friend at their house, but I'd be wary showing that to him given certain.. situations... that occur later in the series.

My home library was great about stocking alot of manga, though their video selection was very neglected regardless of anime. Haven't checked out any local ones here where I live yet though. (IMO all libraries should at least have some Miyazaki, regardless of their oppinion on anime).
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/6/07
I dont realy remember but it was probably on the sega genisis
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in NewYork
Offline
Posted 1/6/07
i think it was tetris cuz my mom passed it down to me when i was little
1184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Californiaaa
Offline
Posted 1/7/07
I don't remember too much about it. I think it was Super Mario Bros. or something like Sonic? I also remember the super nintendo ^_^
good times haha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.