First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Infected Condiments
Posted 4/5/08
I checked, and couldn't find a thread like this. If any one else does, I apologize. I used the forum search.

It's been reported that people with HIV are withdrawing their blood and slipping it into ketchup bottles at restaurants so others will catch their disease. My mom told me about this a while back when I was wondering why there was no ketchup bottle on the table at a restaurant I went to. She informed me that some places are still using ketchup bottles while others will offer you packaged condiments which still may not be safe because those that package the condiments might be infecting the ketchup with their very own blood. Of course, the chances of that happening are lower than a costumer doing it. Or are they? This I didn't look into.

So tell me what you think about the issue. Some are saying it's a hoax and that's what most are believing. To be honest, I don't know about the process really. If you look it up on the internet, it might say it's a rumor and some might say it may secretly be true. I believe it because I know the saying "misery loves company." This is a good enough reason for any crazy, twisted fool and you guys know how many are out
Posted 4/5/08
Reading this gave me goose bumps.
That's disgusting, I can't believe there are actually demented people who would do such an asinine thing.
People like that should be put in jail. I don't know if true or not but there are many crazy people out there.
Interesting thread!
6468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
uh oh...
36562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
I know that it won't pass on the disease cuz it doesn't live long outside the body, but still... That's a horrible thing to do... Not to mention disgusting...
Posted 4/5/08
First off, eww. Second, I don't think that it's possible to spread the HIV virus that way. The virus doesn't live very long outside of the body, in other words it dies as soon as it touches the air. The only way that the virus can spread is through blood to blood contact or through the sharing of needles and of course sexual contact. This is probably another myth :phew:.

If your still paranoid you can search "HIV" on google. You can also visit Yahoo Health. http://health.yahoo.com/hiv-resources/ways-hiv-cannot-be-spread/healthwise--hw188479.html
Posted 4/5/08

unmatched wrote:

First off, eww. Second, I don't think that it's possible to spread the HIV virus that way. The virus doesn't live very long outside of the body, in other words it dies as soon as it touches the air. The only way that the virus can spread is through blood to blood contact or through the sharing of needles and of course sexual contact. This is probably another myth :phew:.

If your still paranoid you can search "HIV" on google. You can also visit Yahoo Health. http://health.yahoo.com/hiv-resources/ways-hiv-cannot-be-spread/healthwise--hw188479.html


It's not so much that I'm paranoid, but it's nasty. And who's to say it won't have any side effect? Besides the HIV, it's another persons blood you're taking in which could contain who-knows-what.

1141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / F / Seattle-ish
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
This kinda freaked me out when I read it, so I also googled it. Here is another link to look at.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/ketchup.asp
Posted 4/5/08

cjay_weeps wrote:

This kinda freaked me out when I read it, so I also googled it. Here is another link to look at.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/ketchup.asp


It's really false huh??

Nah..I'm not buying it because it seems too likely..it's not like some guy with HIV or some other disease couldnt put his blood in it. Or a woman, for that matter. Why couldnt it happen?

4082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / USA
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
eww!!!!
9003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

Flourescent wrote:

I checked, and couldn't find a thread like this. If any one else does, I apologize. I used the forum search.

It's been reported that people with HIV are withdrawing their blood and slipping it into ketchup bottles at restaurants so others will catch their disease. My mom told me about this a while back when I was wondering why there was no ketchup bottle on the table at a restaurant I went to. She informed me that some places are still using ketchup bottles while others will offer you packaged condiments which still may not be safe because those that package the condiments might be infecting the ketchup with their very own blood. Of course, the chances of that happening are lower than a costumer doing it. Or are they? This I didn't look into.

So tell me what you think about the issue. Some are saying it's a hoax and that's what most are believing. To be honest, I don't know about the process really. If you look it up on the internet, it might say it's a rumor and some might say it may secretly be true. I believe it because I know the saying "misery loves company." This is a good enough reason for any crazy, twisted fool and you guys know how many are out


HIV cant spread through ketchup bottle/foods/utensils/tables/chairs it transfer through fluid blood and [email protected] So?
If u worked in a lab handling HIV infected blood from patients and accidently break the vail & cut urself!~ maybe but still require tests. So? is it valid? The case above is highly unlikely.
Posted 4/5/08

101303san wrote:


Flourescent wrote:

I checked, and couldn't find a thread like this. If any one else does, I apologize. I used the forum search.

It's been reported that people with HIV are withdrawing their blood and slipping it into ketchup bottles at restaurants so others will catch their disease. My mom told me about this a while back when I was wondering why there was no ketchup bottle on the table at a restaurant I went to. She informed me that some places are still using ketchup bottles while others will offer you packaged condiments which still may not be safe because those that package the condiments might be infecting the ketchup with their very own blood. Of course, the chances of that happening are lower than a customer doing it. Or are they? This I didn't look into.

So tell me what you think about the issue. Some are saying it's a hoax and that's what most are believing. To be honest, I don't know about the process really. If you look it up on the internet, it might say it's a rumor and some might say it may secretly be true. I believe it because I know the saying "misery loves company." This is a good enough reason for any crazy, twisted fool and you guys know how many are out


HIV cant spread through ketchup bottle/foods/utensils/tables/chairs it transfer through fluid blood and [email protected] So?
If u worked in a lab handling HIV infected blood from patients and accidently break the vail & cut urself!~ maybe but still require tests. So? is it valid? The case above is highly unlikely.


Whether the disease can or cannot be spread this way is not the real issue, understand? The problem is that their blood is going into the ketchup, people are using the ketchup, and in the case that they have "things" in their blood other than HIV that could cause serious damage when consumed, it could be a real threat.

4512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
117 / F / SMILY♥LAND
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
Oh, that's gross. I can't believe anyone would ever do such a thing. T^T I use ketchup at restaurants too.
welook 
17501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
YUK! thats just sick
2430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
is that even possible???
now im never going to eat ketchup
but i hate it anyways so i guess im safe...kinda
Posted 4/5/08
HIV only spreads when you have sex :L

thats why its called an Sexually Transmited Desise
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.