First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
UK bans samurai swords
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

wingdavid01 wrote:

pussy brits!! not allowing the cool brits to develop their shinigami powers!! how can they get
Ban-kai like that? or even their shikai, or even the name of their zapakuto?
what's so wrong with a katana? why don't they ban their rowdy soccer fans, huh?
those racist punks?? huh? that seems a bit more conscientious!!
good thing I live in the US, where my collection of Japanese weapons is not against the law!!!!


Or where at least a dozen other people who have no objection to shooting you with a large caliber handgun if you attempted to assault them with your said Japanese weapons. Its all relative, swords in Britain pose a greater threat since guns aren't widely distributed, and IIRC, your everyday police officer in Britain doesn't carry a sidearm. I doubt someone would be bold enough to assault a police officer with a katana in America.
109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

uzuke wrote:

they should ban other items that are more common.
anyone can spot a guy with a samurai sword in a middle of the crowd..so yeah it's unlikely for anyone to commit crimes..XDXDXD

how about banning drugs, knives as stated by other ppl above?


Stated by people who obviously think Drugs, knives and guns are actually legal
458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

rain1800 wrote:


desertjohf wrote:


rain1800 wrote:

Not just knives but samurai swords? 0-o what the fuck! Samurai doesn't exist anymore and what kind of person would carry swords these days ... they should ban guns and all kinds of other weapons.


Guns and other weapons ARE banned. You can't ban everything though, some of them have practical necessary uses too. (people need to chop onions! and people need to screw things in!)
I didn't say everything, but I didn't know that guns were band. Yet, stupid people still use it to kill people. Only police or FBI should use guns, or some other professional people but not to hurt animals or people. Humans are stupid



Agreed... Humans are stupid. The problem is that even majority of common household items can be used to kill. From bottles to screwdrivers, it's not rare. :(

5162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Himitsu♥♥ ~_^
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

desertjohf wrote:


rain1800 wrote:


desertjohf wrote:


rain1800 wrote:

Not just knives but samurai swords? 0-o what the fuck! Samurai doesn't exist anymore and what kind of person would carry swords these days ... they should ban guns and all kinds of other weapons.


Guns and other weapons ARE banned. You can't ban everything though, some of them have practical necessary uses too. (people need to chop onions! and people need to screw things in!)
I didn't say everything, but I didn't know that guns were band. Yet, stupid people still use it to kill people. Only police or FBI should use guns, or some other professional people but not to hurt animals or people. Humans are stupid



Agreed... Humans are stupid. The problem is that even majority of common household items can be used to kill. From bottles to screwdrivers, it's not rare. :(

That's true... sometimes you don't even need weapons.. all you have to do is to push somebody off cliff. anyways, is your avi from Cromartie high school?

11195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Big bad ass Los A...
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

memphit wrote:


wingdavid01 wrote:

pussy brits!! not allowing the cool brits to develop their shinigami powers!! how can they get
Ban-kai like that? or even their shikai, or even the name of their zapakuto?
what's so wrong with a katana? why don't they ban their rowdy soccer fans, huh?
those racist punks?? huh? that seems a bit more conscientious!!
good thing I live in the US, where my collection of Japanese weapons is not against the law!!!!


Or where at least a dozen other people who have no objection to shooting you with a large caliber handgun if you attempted to assault them with your said Japanese weapons. Its all relative, swords in Britain pose a greater threat since guns aren't widely distributed, and IIRC, your everyday police officer in Britain doesn't carry a sidearm. I doubt someone would be bold enough to assault a police officer with a katana in America.



If I was a crazy maniac, I would, shit I know how to use a katana!!
If I was tripping on LSD I would also, but not when I'm sober and calm.
I also collect less nice looking weapons, like guns, and poison
6552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / skatopia~
Offline
Posted 4/6/08
noooooo!! there will be no ninjassssss!!!!!!
109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

BOYVIRO666 wrote:


AHTL wrote:

Meh, it seems like a fine decision to make.

Now the swords will stay at walls/similar places as ornaments or at museums were they ought to be.

The legislation was it seems, meant mainly to stop youth from getting hold on cheap replicates and use 'em in violence.


when was the last time you saw some stupid kid running around hitting people with a katana?
this law has no practical use


Monday, 25 September 2006??? No practical use eh?
Posted 4/6/08
Funny. -laughs-
109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

taka_hakase wrote:

I read the article.
It's stupid but because of some people who can't be responsible, in my opinion, I think it's needed. It's a shame though. Katanas aren't toys to play, but to display as an art or something to defend yourself.


Defend yourself? Lol probably one of the reasons why this ban should be enforced. It is still "illegal" to kill/maim someone you know?
308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / CA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/6/08
So...I guess I should tell my friend to leave his 10+ samurai swords at home if he ever plans to visit the UK
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ohio
Offline
Posted 4/6/08
glad to be an american.... I hope britian sees the error in their ways....
109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

yost wrote:

glad to be an american.... I hope britian sees the error in their ways....


and turns to handguns instead?
458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

yost wrote:

glad to be an american.... I hope britian sees the error in their ways....


What error is there in trying to take weapons off the streets? There's plenty of incidents where people are maimed by katanas!
Posted 4/6/08
its probbly smarter to ban guns
109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

red-dragon-syndicate wrote:

its probbly smarter to ban guns


Emphasis my point on the overall IQ of some of the posters
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.