First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Takumi- the most controversial guy in the entire manga
Member
754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / In my head
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
heres what i think:

If you ever have a parent you are forced to hate, there are more often than not chances that you become cruel. you dont loose a sense of reality or morality, but you loose some sense of compassion and its hard for u to see other peopls good if it comes between yours. takumi is such a character. He is higly intelligent, the way he managaes trapnest is brilliant. He is good at manipulating because in an environment where choices were forced on him he probably survived like that. But put that in human relationships and he ABSOLUTELY fails as far as subtleties are concerned. He cant be lovey dovey in those little ways, he cant share a hug or a kiss, he doesnt care if his actions hurt others because he probably doesnt realize his position in their lives.

I hate what he does to Hatchi. Even so, in retrospect, Takumi understands abt human relationships what most in Nana don't, that no matter how passionate they might be, they dont last forever. People change, even though they claim otherwise. Nobu and Nana couldn't bear it if it were takumi's child... when hatchi needed a shoulder, they wanted answers. all her other frds stood and watched at bay, the one who came to her rescue was takumi. Hatchi chose takumi because in the end, he was the most dependable.. something Nobu or others could never be, because they are governed by their emotions for Hatchi... while takumi, at least on the surface, is cold. So if you look at it deeply, takumi may be a monster, but wouldnt you find this monster more reliable than the other 'humans', who may do the small things he doesnt do, but back out when time comes to do the big things. thats why humans are the biggest mosnters.

Hatchi knew what Takumi was doing to her, maybe thats why she doesnt mind his cheating. Because she knew then that she signed up for this life. even so, takumi has pushed the envelope far too much. And i beliebe he will pay for it dearly. the way he has treated hatchi is a bit too despicable.

In my opinion, i dont really like or hate takumi. He did some bad things but he did them in a way that he stands to face the consequences full frontal, because he himself is a tortured man. In that he is better than others in my opinion, and for many of his qualities, i respect him. Also, someone as naive and flaky as hatchi is a LOT safer with takumi than anyone else. we all know what happened with shoji. hatchi is too childish and self centered... is she matured its all because she was with someone who forced her to mend her ways and someone she knew she could rely enough on to do so.


I hope Ai Yazawa gives them all a happy ending, especially Nana and Ren. against myself i fear for takumi though... in real life, he wouldnt get one easily. and ai yazawa is as real as it gets. Parakiss of course is no comparision to Nana because the natire od George and carolines relationship was entirely different. It was summer romance at best.
Member
754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / In my head
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
And I sorta respect Takumi for not abandoning hatchi for reira. if you read the extras you will realize just how much reira matters to him. Looking at it theorotically Takumi did everything in his might to protect reira, he actually created a might so strong that it would protect reira no matter what. but the fortress he created to protect reira landed up chocking her.

So its natural that Reira has come to hate takumi. Hence, i dont really hate Reira too. put yourself in her position where the one person she loved wont either leave her nor take her. Its not so easy to face something like that. Takumi wont let her leave the fortress and he wont return her love, leaving her alone with her unrequited feelings.... and unrequited love hurts! in a fortress, it must hurt and echo bad! and everytime she tried to escape, he blocked her way! So all I hope for reira is that she can FINALLY escape from takumi and it isnt too late for her. because it is too late for takumi to return reiras love. i think he has realized that the harbour he wanted reira to be, is actually hatchi.... which is the beauty of this series! the irony in Nana is really mind boggling!
Member
1025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
i still hate reira.
Member
558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / In a place full o...
Offline
Posted 5/21/08
Yeah if I do put myself in Reira's position I will most likely back off because he already has a family. so I have no sympathy for her.
Member
2746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/27/08

gentlewater wrote:

They say that people naturally born good but the people make them bad, does it apply to takumi’s case? or put it in this way, people are born sinner but they are capable of doing good. That’s how I see takumi he done something probably unforgivable to others but for me it was his way of living and somehow I was hoping that haci will reform takumi and change him completely that is what I’m looking forward to.

Let say, I like takumi because he’s tall, good-looking, highly intelligent, good leader, long hair etc.. that’s his assets but the thing is it happened that hachi falls for him. If I look back to the time they met I can’t help but smile. If only takumi is really that cold I probably going to hate him but when he was pissed off when hachi rejected his call I knew that he also felt something for hachi and that ren said whatever you say deep down you love her. Takumi was stunned by that revelation and that’s the reason why he took responsibility over hachi . But then why he cheats knowing that he loves her?? My opinion for this is their relationship to begin with is not strong, there is no solid foundation. Love, love alone won’t help the relationship to nourish so it takes time. Takumi is womanizer before and even after being with hachi it’s so sad. But then Hachi is content with her position I’m not surprised coz she never thought that someone like him will marry an ordinary girl but as takumi said i was awaken to love!! But come on, it’s not really easy to change lifestyle that easily especially that hachi is preggy lol.. the thing with reira is different though that's really confused me..

You asked why I defend him knowing that what he is doing is immoral it’s probably because I fell in love with them and my lame excuse is again I probably look at the lighter side of the story. Even though I said that here’s what i think of him even if cheats, even if he’s cold at some times, even if he’s not thoughtful, even if he makes hachi mad but he does something good for everyone, for hachi, for the band and bandmates and staff. The most important thing is that he showed love to hachi enough for her to stay by his side. (not too sure) And I think that Hachi showed sweetness and warmthness to takumi enough for her to melt takumi’s cold heart..lol

Small details that make me smile, junko said something about hachi being spoiled by takumi and she replied not really takumi is strict if I’m not being good he won’t blow dry my hair… I think that’s so sweet..and also that scene in the bath when takumi said I thought you were here to make trouble and hachi covers here ears pretended not to heair anything then takumi said... i said I LOVE YOU!!


As for the ending , I don’t care what happen to the rest of the cast but I hope that hachi and takumi will stay together or if not I’ll make my own ending..lol… reira for sure will not commit suicide she looks happy and content in the future scene so she deserves it..



VERY WELL SAID. ANYWAY, NO MATTER WHAT, I LIKE TAKUMI HEHEHE... that all explains above. I can't say no more!
Member
49 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 5/29/08
Ain't we all luv bad guy in reality I think his background did play a big role for being this way but I find him interesting in his own way he's predictable, isn't he? He isn't trying to hide anything even with Hachi, she's well informed by him and he does luv her really.
I find him pretty interesting and you can actually rely on him if he's your family or your business partner, I think him and Hachi make a good couple they do need each other and complete each other!
Member
358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75
Offline
Posted 5/30/08
first of all, i love the guy. i am hopelessly prone to loving any handsome antagonists in anime/manga and even in movies.

honestly, i really loved the moment when he seemed to lose the grip and kissed reira [and did whatever]. i say he seemed to lose the grip because Mrs. Yazawa thought it fit to serve us some most wonderful pages with his anxious and tormented face at that moment. and i loved it not because i dont sympathize with hachi, but then i thought takumi went a little closer for being himself ... in terms of what could be called "where his heart would lie".

so, since everyone is doing it, i'll deliver my analisys of takumi as well.
of course i like his self-possession, his cynicism, his having things only his way, his way of almost always being cool, the way he agonizes when things get really serious with ren or reira or shin. (he doesnt agonize over hachi, no matter what, he doesnt need to until now, for hachi is docile enough. event if she doesnt do it instantly, there is only need of a little time and she calms down and comes around nicely, pardon me, stirring her tail).
he is portrayed as an iron-willed man, and what i think of iron willed people is that it doesnt really matter how they are inside, it only matters how they want to be and how they want to be seen, and that's what one who realates to such people have to deal with, mostly. i think he should be taken "as is".

i wouldnt go as far as to say he loves hachi. i dont think he does. i insist he doesnt. i think he is just one of those men who have very little place in themselves for really loving another, but have that desperate urge to reproduce. (pardon my lack of delicacy, but that's what it is). of course, this kind of people stands further "subclasses", but i'll only speak of takumi's kind. i happen to have met real life examples of such people. i think he's the kind who feels deeply responsible for his offspring and the lady who happens to bear it is precious to him for that, and he feels deeply responsible for her too. so he'll marry her and treasure her as she is the mother of his child and that's all there is to it. she's a most important family member, and many other things that to an outsider's eye may pass as love but that's not love. at least, not the kind of love that this shoujo manga is about.
anyone will say but think of all those nice things he does at times, of al those "takumi x hachi" moments blablabla. of course, the man is a workfreak, apart from this he's close to being barren and dry as a desert. but he'll need to let go from time and indulge himself into this play as loving partner with a cute woman he says silly things to and does wonderful small nothings to. but again, that's all there is to it.
i dont think what he does to hachi is that outrageous. she chose to be by him, after all. when you want to have a basket full of nuts you cant take just the good ones. if you're already told that the nuts are more that a year old, you must expect that most of them will have a dusty, if not rotten taste. so you take the basket or leave it, there is no way in between and asume it.
my aunt used to say that is not really ok for two very different people to be together, for there are too many chances it wouldnt last. it's better to have a patch of the same kind of fabric as you are, she said. takumi and hachi belong to different worlds, and it doesnt go only for the fact that he's a celeb and hachi is a common girl, although many issues stem from that too. they are together because of takumi's whim, as serious as that whim may be. and the "many lovers" as he calls them should be the least inconvenient thing for our hachi. just see how things start to look when reira enters the scene as a potential one of those many. of all the caracters portrayed in the manga, leaving aside oosaki nana and other female characters that look really strong but are too inconsistantly involved , reira is closest to what a woman matching a man like takumi would be. that's why i say i like it when he loses grip and goes for her, even if it's portrayed as a momentary lapse there. (after having seen chapter 74 it looks like the mangaka is realistic enough and doesnt make it only one momentary lapse or not a that inconsistent one).
Member
12798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / queens, new york...
Offline
Posted 5/30/08 , edited 5/30/08

gentlewater wrote:

They say that people naturally born good but the people make them bad, does it apply to takumi’s case? or put it in this way, people are born sinner but they are capable of doing good. That’s how I see takumi he done something probably unforgivable to others but for me it was his way of living and somehow I was hoping that haci will reform takumi and change him completely that is what I’m looking forward to.

Let say, I like takumi because he’s tall, good-looking, highly intelligent, good leader, long hair etc.. that’s his assets but the thing is it happened that hachi falls for him. If I look back to the time they met I can’t help but smile. If only takumi is really that cold I probably going to hate him but when he was pissed off when hachi rejected his call I knew that he also felt something for hachi and that ren said whatever you say deep down you love her. Takumi was stunned by that revelation and that’s the reason why he took responsibility over hachi . But then why he cheats knowing that he loves her?? My opinion for this is their relationship to begin with is not strong, there is no solid foundation. Love, love alone won’t help the relationship to nourish so it takes time. Takumi is womanizer before and even after being with hachi it’s so sad. But then Hachi is content with her position I’m not surprised coz she never thought that someone like him will marry an ordinary girl but as takumi said i was awaken to love!! But come on, it’s not really easy to change lifestyle that easily especially that hachi is preggy lol.. the thing with reira is different though that's really confused me..

You asked why I defend him knowing that what he is doing is immoral it’s probably because I fell in love with them and my lame excuse is again I probably look at the lighter side of the story. Even though I said that here’s what i think of him even if cheats, even if he’s cold at some times, even if he’s not thoughtful, even if he makes hachi mad but he does something good for everyone, for hachi, for the band and bandmates and staff. The most important thing is that he showed love to hachi enough for her to stay by his side. (not too sure) And I think that Hachi showed sweetness and warmthness to takumi enough for her to melt takumi’s cold heart..lol

Small details that make me smile, junko said something about hachi being spoiled by takumi and she replied not really takumi is strict if I’m not being good he won’t blow dry my hair… I think that’s so sweet..and also that scene in the bath when takumi said I thought you were here to make trouble and hachi covers here ears pretended not to heair anything then takumi said... i said I LOVE YOU!!


As for the ending , I don’t care what happen to the rest of the cast but I hope that hachi and takumi will stay together or if not I’ll make my own ending..lol… reira for sure will not commit suicide she looks happy and content in the future scene so she deserves it..



you read my mind!!!!!XD...but i however feel like killing him whenever he does something bad that affects hachi....but i still do love him he's my fav character him and yasu
Member
2650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / over the moon
Offline
Posted 6/2/08 , edited 6/2/08

kbetsunii wrote:


so, since everyone is doing it, i'll deliver my analisys of takumi as well.
of course i like his self-possession, his cynicism, his having things only his way, his way of almost always being cool, the way he agonizes when things get really serious with ren or reira or shin. (he doesnt agonize over hachi, no matter what, he doesnt need to until now, for hachi is docile enough. event if she doesnt do it instantly, there is only need of a little time and she calms down and comes around nicely, pardon me, stirring her tail).
he is portrayed as an iron-willed man, and what i think of iron willed people is that it doesnt really matter how they are inside, it only matters how they want to be and how they want to be seen, and that's what one who realates to such people have to deal with, mostly. i think he should be taken "as is".

i wouldnt go as far as to say he loves hachi. i dont think he does. i insist he doesnt. i think he is just one of those men who have very little place in themselves for really loving another, but have that desperate urge to reproduce. (pardon my lack of delicacy, but that's what it is). of course, this kind of people stands further "subclasses", but i'll only speak of takumi's kind. i happen to have met real life examples of such people. i think he's the kind who feels deeply responsible for his offspring and the lady who happens to bear it is precious to him for that, and he feels deeply responsible for her too. so he'll marry her and treasure her as she is the mother of his child and that's all there is to it. she's a most important family member, and many other things that to an outsider's eye may pass as love but that's not love. at least, not the kind of love that this shoujo manga is about.
anyone will say but think of all those nice things he does at times, of al those "takumi x hachi" moments blablabla. of course, the man is a workfreak, apart from this he's close to being barren and dry as a desert. but he'll need to let go from time and indulge himself into this play as loving partner with a cute woman he says silly things to and does wonderful small nothings to. but again, that's all there is to it.


if i agree with you then these following scenes will have no meaning...

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/212/nana/chapter.18860/page.22/
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/212/nana/chapter.18861/page.19/
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/212/nana/chapter.18867/page.40/
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/212/nana/chapter.18872/page.42/
loved this scene...it happened after their big fight...
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/212/nana/chapter.18893/page.18/
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/212/nana/chapter.37670/page.27/

btw, this is not just shoujo this is josei which is more appropriate to describe this manga... if you read some josei manga you probably see the similarity of this story..
Member
358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75
Offline
Posted 6/2/08

gentlewater wrote:


if i agree with you then these following scenes will have no meaning...
(...)

btw, this is not just shoujo this is josei which is more appropriate to describe this manga... if you read some josei manga you probably see the similarity of this story..


this is an answer to gentlewater's post. first of all, thank you for taking the time to read my post, really. and i am honestly sorry if i've offended anyone's feelings by posting my opinion, so please, anyone, accept my sincere apologies.

the rest of the answer goes here, but as not everyone might want to read, i'll post it as spoiler, so it may be hidden and not take unnecessary space on the page.

Member
49 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 6/2/08
I still believe and insist that Takumi really love Hachi, as in reality if my love left me everywhere I go will be a battlefield for me same as Takumi said if Hachi left him and I'll feel the same as I won't have any peace on my mind anywhere I go or be and I also wish that if I've done sth wrong I won't mind to go to hell but I want my love ones go to heaven which I can't describe any better than Takumi said to Ren.Maybe he's trying to control everything by denying his own feeling but he has to accept it eventually anyway.
Member
558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / In a place full o...
Offline
Posted 6/2/08

vcph wrote:

I still believe and insist that Takumi really love Hachi, as in reality if my love left me everywhere I go will be a battlefield for me same as Takumi said if Hachi left him and I'll feel the same as I won't have any peace on my mind anywhere I go or be and I also wish that if I've done sth wrong I won't mind to go to hell but I want my love ones go to heaven which I can't describe any better than Takumi said to Ren.Maybe he's trying to control everything by denying his own feeling but he has to accept it eventually anyway.


true that
Member
2650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / over the moon
Offline
Posted 6/3/08 , edited 6/3/08
Hey, your post is quite interesting although I just can’t agree but this is what’s all about and what I like about it is that we have different opinion and by expressing it there will be interaction with members which also means that this group is active. I Don’t know about the others but there’s nothing wrong with your post and I think no one was offended so no need to apologize… like you said you only express your opinion.

Ok, I should have explained those scenes that I posted but I was too lazy of doing so here is what I think…

Member
2010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / F / Right behind You!
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
Takumi is the most interesting character in nana n funnily i dint expect tht..he just crept in with no promise n since he bedded hachi, she made him famous ....i love this guy though he wants me to bang my screen numerous times esp recently wen he bedded Reira, i mean wtf now? its nt like she never crumbled b4....she is extremely hyper active fr her age, status n experience- did she want2 remain cutesy forever? anyways, i get surprised Takumi never got fed up wth her : : i ws getting used to his womanizing ways but his n hachi's life is too stable wth his track record...sur[risingly, hachi couldnt forgiv shouji but she could forgiv takumi, y? but i guess its because she knew wat she ws gettin in2 wth takumi who really doesnt hide as much...

..i disagree tht ren is reira's child though i thought so at first...but it is indeed odd hachi talks on th fone wth takumi n doesnt ask abt ren....n if ren were takumi n reira's child, nobu would never ask about ren in the future glimpses....n i highly doubt ren is adopted....also i think ren is the first born n satsuki is the second born though maybe twins though i m sceptical abt tht..

i really want to know takumi's main feelings about both reira n hachi....it might nt actually be romantic love for either on his part. .................i cant believe there will be much left n i think it is going to be wrapped up in the next few volumes...hope takumi's character is put more to light n he exhbits a permanent urge n will to stay wth his wife....
Posted 6/10/08
I have a love-hate relationship with Takumi, though more love than hate. There are so many times when I wish he would show his love for Hachi more and stop fucking cheating on her! Yet, there are times where he's nice and cute with how he cares for and is worried for Hachi. I believe Takumi does love Hachi and isn't with her solely for the fact that she's carrying his child. Also, I hate this, but I have a feeling that, if it really came down to it, he would choose Reira over Hachi. I don't know about you, but I would be more than willing to forgive everything if he would tell Reira to fuck off and to stop being a selfish bitch.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.