First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Religion: Man's Way of Getting to Heaven
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:


drizza wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:

the islam religion contradicts itself. It follows the old testament like Christians do, so they follow the ten commandments and one of the commandments is thou shall not commit adultery, yet look at the new rule muslims made up. If you die for "Allah" you get to have sex with 40 virgins in heaven lol


Nah that wasnt a new rule the muslims made up thats a new rule main stream media made up as a smoke screen to cover up the real reason why the Palestinians are suiciding bombing the israelis and your too ignorant to find the source of this myth or directly ask a muslim where this came from. Hell if this was true there should be suiciding bombings everyday in every country a muslim lives in non stop if we all thought we are going to get virgins in heaven. Hell nobody should even be alive today in muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia if this was true and you cant even find a quote like this in the Quran so dont speak nonsense and leave Islam out this thread. No muslims on here is telling you how are religion is the best and yours false we are just minding our own business. I know it is hard for you to stomach that we accept and love our religion but your just going to have to deal with it.


prove me wrong



That is a logical fallacy known as "appeal to ignorance." Just because he can not prove you wrong does not make you right.


that is known as PURE ignorance. Just because i said prove me wrong doesnt mean that i'm saying I'm right.
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:
that is known as PURE ignorance. Just because i said prove me wrong doesnt mean that i'm saying I'm right.


i'm pretty much sure it is wrong coz i'm a muslim and i know it more than you do. besides you just 'heard'. you didnt study. and it's a fact that 'die for allah to have sex with 40 virgin' is like so~ lame.
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

Aegis85 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:
that is known as PURE ignorance. Just because i said prove me wrong doesnt mean that i'm saying I'm right.


i'm pretty much sure it is wrong coz i'm a muslim and i know it more than you do. besides you just 'heard'. you didnt study. and it's a fact that 'die for allah to have sex with 40 virgin' is like so~ lame.


well I "heard" from many people, and no not from the media. (although family guy making fun of it was pretty funny)
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:


Aegis85 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:
that is known as PURE ignorance. Just because i said prove me wrong doesnt mean that i'm saying I'm right.


i'm pretty much sure it is wrong coz i'm a muslim and i know it more than you do. besides you just 'heard'. you didnt study. and it's a fact that 'die for allah to have sex with 40 virgin' is like so~ lame.


well I "heard" from many people, and no not from the media. (although family guy making fun of it was pretty funny)


media or not. 'heard' is not the same with studies. it's not helping. and the post you made is just wrong anyway.
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

Aegis85 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:


Aegis85 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:
that is known as PURE ignorance. Just because i said prove me wrong doesnt mean that i'm saying I'm right.


i'm pretty much sure it is wrong coz i'm a muslim and i know it more than you do. besides you just 'heard'. you didnt study. and it's a fact that 'die for allah to have sex with 40 virgin' is like so~ lame.


well I "heard" from many people, and no not from the media. (although family guy making fun of it was pretty funny)


media or not. 'heard' is not the same with studies. it's not helping. and the post you made is just wrong anyway.


what do you mean by wrong
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:
what do you mean by wrong


the "If you die for "Allah" you get to have sex with 40 virgins in heaven" part.
but you already said it was a 'made up'.
6320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / tokyo roofs (Oreg...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:

the islam religion contradicts itself. It follows the old testament like Christians do, so they follow the ten commandments and one of the commandments is thou shall not commit adultery, yet look at the new rule muslims made up. If you die for "Allah" you get to have sex with 40 virgins in heaven lol
pfff no wonder they make fun of that sex with 40 virgins in heaven thing on adult humor.

Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
THE BIBLE IS OUR BOOK NOW "CATECHISM" AND THE POPE IS JUST THERE TO GUIDE US AND A LEADER TO LOOK UP TO HE ISN'T OUR "PROPHET" OUR PROPHET IS JESUS, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE **** UR TALKING ABOUT?!
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
Heh...you and I would not make very good friends. Sure, you try to sound all intelligent with your flowery language and your "never-ending knowledge"...yet, I can't help thinking that you are merely a very bored 14 year old girl who sucks up every word spewing out of her holier-than-thou mommy and daddy's mouths.

You remind me of those stupid fucks in my school shoving their religion down everyone's throat and claiming they hold all knowledge within them. Your "religious righteousness" is a superiority complex, not a relationship with god.

It is people like you that make this world a terrible place. Christians with ten-thousand pamphlets shoved up their assholes can be considered an equivalent to the Taliban. You know why? You're both religious extremists. Your range of thinking is about as tight as a virgin. You, dear, give a bad name to other Christians out there, just like the Taliban gives abad name to all the innocent Muslims stuck under their reign.

Also, aside from the religious discrimination aspect, I have to question the morality factor.

I can infer you believe it is immoral to get an abortion, be homosexual, and you seem to value virginity.
Let me tell you something.
Religion is supposed to be positive. Why anyone would commit themselves to such hate is beyond me. Homosexuals are regular people, just with a different sexual attraction, that being said, they can still be loyal and faithful to a religion. They aren't "wrong", they're just different, something ignorant trash wouldn't understand. Also, abortions can sometimes be necessary. What if your child had a terrible birth defect and you know they'd be miserable living? Wouldn't the right thing to do be to put them out of their pain? What if your life was at risk? I'd love to see something like that happen to you, see the choice you make. Last, virginity isn't such a big fucking deal...we have to reproduce somehow. Sex is supposed to be a perfectly acceptable and pleasurable activity...so what's wrong with wanting 40 virgins!? They want something totally natural and acceptable to mankind. Also, FYI, all you virgin birth believers must be pretty damn ignorant and prude.

You also have no right to say Catholics aren't real Christians....they were the first Christians! If they never existed, no other Protestant groups, including you "elite sect" wouldn't have branched out due to conflict with Catholicism. For that matter, you have to right to call any other religion false, either, because your little radical Christian sect could be proven as false as well.

This is why I don't affiliate myself with religion.
9896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / LI, NY
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

digs wrote:

It isn't a "religion" because we don't need rituals, it's based on faith, and the whole point is a relationship with Christ. Islam is about preforming the 7 Teirs (im not sure what they are called) and living devoted to Allah. Buddhism is about finding inner peace and being a good person (from the Buddhists I have talked to, but I could be wrong because these people were not theological Buddhists) Hinduism is about worshiping and serving many gods and to be a good person so you may be re-incarnated in a good life. These are just of a few of the worlds most popular religions. None of them are about having a direct relationship with God. Christianity might have religious doctrine. But True Christianity is about faith and service to the Lord and having a personal relationship with Him. Not going to church all the time and doing good works to make us look good (we should do good things to further the Kingdom, but only in the name of Christ, we should give all the glory to Him because he deserves it)


Again, this is pure arrogance and bias. How are you sure that all of this aren't done to connect to the divine for a personal relationship? Again I say that my religion is more about my relationship with the gods. I don't need to do ritual. It just puts me in a mindset that helps. It's a way of doing a little more. When you're in a real relationship, you don't want to just talk to a person and admire them. It's pretty superficial and distant. In a real relationship, you feel emotionally driven to want to do more.

You also completely ignore the definitions I provide. Yes, religions are codified by rituals and traditions, but they aren't collectively defined as requiring ritual. Religion is simply believing in something more than the mundane self and a set path towards reaching or appeasing that something more.


krnsoldierofGod wrote:

the islam religion contradicts itself. It follows the old testament like Christians do, so they follow the ten commandments and one of the commandments is thou shall not commit adultery, yet look at the new rule muslims made up. If you die for "Allah" you get to have sex with 40 virgins in heaven lol


That's a bit from the Quaran that's been twisted for extremist recruiting propaganda, not a core belief. They talk about it in several personal accounts from the Middle East. Back up your statements with sources. You don't even have the number right. It's 72.

This refers to the houri, a belief that part of heaven is in having 72 lovely, pure and well-matched companions in the afterlife. These companions are not purely for sexual enjoyment, aren't limited to men having all women, and isn't a martyr-only reward. It is advertised by extreme jihadists that the key to houri is in dying for Allah in violent jihad (there is such thing as non-violent jihad, by the way, and this is only the lesser jihad--the greater jihad is a personal, internal struggle), and that the reward is sexual.
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

Aegis85 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:
what do you mean by wrong


the "If you die for "Allah" you get to have sex with 40 virgins in heaven" part.
but you already said it was a 'made up'.


i never said it was made up
did i?
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:


Aegis85 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:
what do you mean by wrong


the "If you die for "Allah" you get to have sex with 40 virgins in heaven" part.
but you already said it was a 'made up'.


i never said it was made up
did i?


u did.

"....yet look at the new rule muslims made up"
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

Aegis85 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:


Aegis85 wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:
what do you mean by wrong


the "If you die for "Allah" you get to have sex with 40 virgins in heaven" part.
but you already said it was a 'made up'.


i never said it was made up
did i?


u did.

"....yet look at the new rule muslims made up"


yeah made up by MUSLIMS

26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:
yeah made up by MUSLIMS



no. by stupid muslims to be exact.
a good muslim like me wont came up with such stupid idea. it must be coming from those mid-east asian ppl. probably that's why palestine & iraq lost it's peace....
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 4/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
New rule muslims made up sounds extremely idiotic and it would be nice of you to show which muslim as you claim thought up this idea. If you do research as I see you do none but rely on the mainstream media as your source you would understand why suicide bombings are taking place in Israel. Anyways I feel like I am arguing with a fool and as you can see no muslim on here is defending that claim and is all refuting it as well as any muslim you will ask in real life as well. As I stated if this were true we would all be dead right now. Would be nice if you can mind your own business about our religion I dont know what goal you are trying to accomplish but you may think your looking smart but to majority of the muslims and the smart non muslims who knows mainstream media tactics and do research see you as just another brainwashed blindly following idiot.

And seriously whats with all these religious threads trying to talk about Islam. You claim we trying to spread our religion but yet the only people trying to start religious debates and how their religion is perfect and everyone elses is wrong is another religion. Muslims on CR never tried to start a thread that tried to attack religions if we did start a thread about Islam it was only to try to understand the religion but those usually almost always get hijacked by people like this guy I am responding to which I shouldnt be doing at all. You cant possible expect a postive muslim response on these types of threads when the opening statement on it is derogatory. And these statements you attack us with doesnt hurt us at all because we know they can easily be refuted, we heard all the misquotes, we heard all the made up stories about prophet Muhammad. It isnt effecting us at all to change our religion one bit because we know it is false and propoganda against Islam in the middle east to promote the reason why the west do what it does now in there. It would be really helpfull to just leave us out of this you guys can go at each others religions all you want but if the muslims arent responding and being respectfull to you religion it would be nice to do the same as well.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.