First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Favorite Weapon?
Head Moderator
10508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 7/11/08

Getaboushi wrote:

im a bit of a fan of the kodachi or the similar wakizashi however stating a favorite weapon would be difficult since many weapons were created for specific situations and pending on the situation even a unskilled user could gain an advantage by using a weapon that was created to better another. In history if we were to make a link we could use the spartan shield and spear as a example being trumpted by alexanders (macadonians) 16ish foot long spears taht would keep the user out of range of the spartan short spears while killing with greater effect to do the type of blade attached. and yet even further the short sword aka gladius used by the romans would be used with training to the same type of distruction of the macadonians spears.

another prefered option would be the bow. although frowned upon for skill-less and a peasents weapon in europe until britain showed that it had to be used to be able to counter their own rather large longbow force. in japan and asia the weapon's use was highly praised if the user was skilled.

so preference if a person is skilled imo:
1)bow equiped with a shortsword for defence at close range
2)shielded force with weapon of best use.
3)pikes do to their ability to pin with little skill if in a group.


we have a winner! Finally. One great addition.

The bow and arrow was once the pinnacle of weapons technology. The Mongolian bows (probably the best bow of ancient times) range and ability was not surpassed until the 1800's. Even then, it was still more accurate.

A lot of the outcome in war is decided not by the weapon or the dexterity, but rather the tactic. Some weapons/solidiers maybe able to outdo other weapons/solidiers because they were made to, as you very well stated. So its safe to say that there is no "best" weapon.
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/12/08
Tonfa
I am skilled and experienced in the use of such.Speed and blunt force combined with each other and mended with an great defence.
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

Telomonian wrote:

Tonfa
I am skilled and experienced in the use of such.Speed and blunt force combined with each other and mended with an great defence.


A tonfa is a versatile weapon.
So what school are you in?

8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
I don't attend the school,I personaly know the teacher.
Member
6032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / usa
Offline
Posted 7/16/08
this also is one of my favorite weapons , many people dont put it in the category of weapons as the sword , staffs and bows . it really underrated and its really use full, i would love to see any kung fu master stop a bullet with his bear hands. my fav gun is the desert eagle it heavy so u can go melee or u can go far range and blow a hole through your enemy's .
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/16/08

Telomonian wrote:

I don't attend the school,I personaly know the teacher.


What school is it though? There are different schools (ryu) of such things.

Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/16/08

kingx00 wrote:

this also is one of my favorite weapons , many people dont put it in the category of weapons as the sword , staffs and bows . it really underrated and its really use full, i would love to see any kung fu master stop a bullet with his bear hands. my fav gun is the desert eagle it heavy so u can go melee or u can go far range and blow a hole through your enemy's .



What weapon is it? The image does not work.

Dude you don't want to melee fight with a gun. Pistol whipping is for idiots. Shoot them from afar.

However you should know that it is possible to avoid bullets and if you are not a pinpoint marksman, your target can kill you before they breath their last.

Besides 50cal guns suck. The accuracy is shite on most especially the desert eagle.

I prefer a .357 or .44 Special (or Magnum) revolver. More accurate and no jamming. A much better choice.

For home defense the best gun would be a 45 as it does not have much over penetration.



Member
6032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / usa
Offline
Posted 7/16/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


kingx00 wrote:

this also is one of my favorite weapons , many people dont put it in the category of weapons as the sword , staffs and bows . it really underrated and its really use full, i would love to see any kung fu master stop a bullet with his bear hands. my fav gun is the desert eagle it heavy so u can go melee or u can go far range and blow a hole through your enemy's .



What weapon is it? The image does not work.

Dude you don't want to melee fight with a gun. Pistol whipping is for idiots. Shoot them from afar.

However you should know that it is possible to avoid bullets and if you are not a pinpoint marksman, your target can kill you before they breath their last.

Besides 50cal guns suck. The accuracy is shite on most especially the desert eagle.

I prefer a .357 or .44 Special (or Magnum) revolver. More accurate and no jamming. A much better choice.

For home defense the best gun would be a 45 as it does not have much over penetration.





i didn't say the desert eagle is the best but its power can match a smith and Wesson 500
the best hand gun by far my opinion is the Glock G23 its accurecy is so good you don't need no training to handle this baby . its power is ok . most cops use this baby, even the armed forces


desert eagle : this one is all dressed up sry for the old pic


glock G23 :
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/16/08

kingx00 wrote:
i didn't say the desert eagle is the best but its power can match a smith and Wesson 500
the best hand gun by far my opinion is the Glock G23 its accurecy is so good you don't need no training to handle this baby . its power is ok . most cops use this baby, even the armed forces


desert eagle : this one is all dressed up sry for the old pic


glock G23 :


It's a Glock 23, not Glock G23. The G stands for glock. They're better than the 9mm glocks atleast. You REALLY have to have some training if you want to kill someone with a 9. A 9mm has no stopping power.do

But still the only people who use a G23 as a standard issue sidearm were the FBI. Now they use Beretta 92's I believe.

The 23 is easy and reliable but I hate the long trigger and though it's one of the better automatics, I prefer a Colt Combat Commander chambered with .45 ACPs.


My favorite handguns are my S&W 29 with preferred .44 Special It packs more stopping power than a desert eagle even.
I recently got The Judge by Taurus, a .45/410 which is one of my new favorites.

When I am out I often carry my Kimber 1911 Compact, Kel-Tec P32 though sometimes I pack a .357 snub nose S&W model 27.

But what was the weapon you initially were talking about? You never said what it was nor did the image work.




Member
6032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / usa
Offline
Posted 7/16/08

kingx00 wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


kingx00 wrote:

this also is one of my favorite weapons , many people dont put it in the category of weapons as the sword , staffs and bows . it really underrated and its really use full, i would love to see any kung fu master stop a bullet with his bear hands. my fav gun is the desert eagle it heavy so u can go melee or u can go far range and blow a hole through your enemy's .



What weapon is it? The image does not work.

Dude you don't want to melee fight with a gun. Pistol whipping is for idiots. Shoot them from afar.

However you should know that it is possible to avoid bullets and if you are not a pinpoint marksman, your target can kill you before they breath their last.

Besides 50cal guns suck. The accuracy is shite on most especially the desert eagle.

I prefer a .357 or .44 Special (or Magnum) revolver. More accurate and no jamming. A much better choice.

For home defense the best gun would be a 45 as it does not have much over penetration.





i didn't say the desert eagle is the best but its power can match a smith and Wesson 500
the best hand gun by far my opinion is the Glock G23 its accurecy is so good you don't need no training to handle this baby . its power is ok . most cops use this baby, even the armed forces


desert eagle : this one is all dressed up sry for the old pic


glock G23 :


the Desert Eagle .357 i was talking about its better then .50

8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/17/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

I don't attend the school,I personaly know the teacher.


What school is it though? There are different schools (ryu) of such things.




Kobudo
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/17/08

Telomonian wrote:


Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

I don't attend the school,I personaly know the teacher.


What school is it though? There are different schools (ryu) of such things.




Kobudo



........ That is the martial art, I am asking what school of the martial art it is. What ryu it is.
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/17/08
So Shorin Ryu is what you're after?
9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
i think if someone comes at you with maybe a pipe or stick the best thing in that situation would be a staff because you can keep the enemy at a distance if you know how to use it
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

carlrules097 wrote:

i think if someone comes at you with maybe a pipe or stick the best thing in that situation would be a staff because you can keep the enemy at a distance if you know how to use it


How so? There are many weapons that can be used.
The weapon is irrelevant to the point of the skill of the wielder. One cannot wield a weapon honestly and effectively without dedication to the training of that weapon.
While versatility is something to be desired, it is something to be desired only moderately lest one waste their effort.

There is no "best weapon" for such a situation as the method in which someone uses the weapon and the skill in the use of that method foreshadow the weapon itself.
As I said before, a weapon is a useless tool without the sufficient skill to use it and ALL weapons require skill.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.