First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Ever feel down because you're Asian and dark?
16241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/7/08
Kinda? my skin isn't "dark" for a girl, but its close to the dark side, and apparently

my MOM is the one and ONLY one ever that complains about it -_-; i'm like.."wow" -_-;
Posted 4/7/08
There isn't anything with being tan!
Don't you see all these people rushing to tanning salons just to be tan?
3123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / next to 手越祐也!
Offline
Posted 4/7/08
Yeah.

ROFL. Well, I don't like my skin color. 8(
1786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/08
It's funny how one race is being discriminated by another but yet they discriminate against there own race
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 4/7/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

There isn't anything with being tan!
Don't you see all these people rushing to tanning salons just to be tan?


But that's not it. Most asians...well the older generations. Believe that the darker you are, the poorer and more uneducated you are. And the lighter or whiter you are, you are richer and more educated.

That's just how they think. And the fact that they think pale skin is by far the most beautiful.
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 4/7/08

SparklingDiamonD wrote:

no. majority of people in my city are Asians.
White people often feel that way, not Asians.


I don't know too many white people that feel that way.
2498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Michigan.
Offline
Posted 4/7/08
i'm like,
this pukey yellowy color.

hhahha. asian power.
Posted 4/7/08

PrincessYume wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

There isn't anything with being tan!
Don't you see all these people rushing to tanning salons just to be tan?


But that's not it. Most asians...well the older generations. Believe that the darker you are, the poorer and more uneducated you are. And the lighter or whiter you are, you are richer and more educated.

That's just how they think. And the fact that they think pale skin is by far the most beautiful.


Yes I know, I was just stating that there isn't anything wrong with having a darker complexion.
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 4/7/08

meglovesya wrote:

i wanne get whiter !!!! because of swimming i never got back my color and now i have a tan but my tan isnt one those pretty tan it kinda look like i have never taking a shower and if i scrub at it it will fall of kinda tan it soo pisting me off i wannr buy whitening cream but i dont know where all the stuff they sell at the store here in california are all taninng lotions and cream and once i ask a pharmists if they have those tan removal lotion she looked at me as if am crazy i was soo embarrassed


She probably looked at you like that because it sounds like you hate darker skin.

But go to any store and by cream like that. My mom bleaches her skin all the time.
Posted 4/7/08
yuppers. I think its because im still a young and influenced by
the east asian media stuff or whatever. So of course ill be insecure.
my naiinaii called me black beauty when i was younger. lol even
then i didnt like the name because of the "black" part. haha

and when i was a toddler, watching power rangers, even though i liked the Yellow costume
i always picked the Pink Power Ranger, Kimberly, because she was white. X\
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 4/7/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

There isn't anything with being tan!
Don't you see all these people rushing to tanning salons just to be tan?


But that's not it. Most asians...well the older generations. Believe that the darker you are, the poorer and more uneducated you are. And the lighter or whiter you are, you are richer and more educated.

That's just how they think. And the fact that they think pale skin is by far the most beautiful.


Yes I know, I was just stating that there isn't anything wrong with having a darker complexion.


Yeah it's not. But even though i'm not asian. Blacks don't usually go for the darker skin. The lighter we are the better. My mom is constantly keeping me out of the sun.
5734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Under pile of HW
Offline
Posted 4/7/08
Asian and proud
1786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/08
What is this obsession with looking or being white in this old generation shit I find it pretty sad
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Here and there
Offline
Posted 4/7/08
well ima mexican but my skin is pretty white O_O lots of ppl want to call me white >.< that's just wrong lol but i like having the light skin that i have instead of the dark skin XD
Posted 4/7/08

PrincessYume wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

There isn't anything with being tan!
Don't you see all these people rushing to tanning salons just to be tan?


But that's not it. Most asians...well the older generations. Believe that the darker you are, the poorer and more uneducated you are. And the lighter or whiter you are, you are richer and more educated.

That's just how they think. And the fact that they think pale skin is by far the most beautiful.


Yes I know, I was just stating that there isn't anything wrong with having a darker complexion.


Yeah it's not. But even though i'm not asian. Blacks don't usually go for the darker skin. The lighter we are the better. My mom is constantly keeping me out of the sun.


I noticed that!!!
Like if you're a caramel color then you'll be wanted and if you're really dark they'll make fun of you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.