First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Would you say anything back if someone calls u a racist term?
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / .:in the sky floa...
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
well people mostly do that since they are insecure of there looks or how they are being treated by others but they l really straighten up since that is wrong and realizing this would be a great accomplishment in a person with an aloof attitude thinking that he/she is better than everyone else..... when they come to terms with there conscience they will realize that they shouldn't have done that because people around the world will also be doing that to them when they travel since it is the way of karma


and as for people who are victims :

just leave them alone they dnt know any better than saying that and they just dnt know that they are contributing to the increasing percentage of suicide atempts in the world and also to the murder victims due to there harsh words........ well you might as well just leave them be and think that sooner or later you will be incharge with there jobs
61 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pedaberry, Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08

Hugegnome wrote:


ANonGigazz wrote:

I'm Puerto Rican and Irish, a lil "cracka", a lil "spic". I'm fairly racist myself. Sorry, at least I'm being honest. I have epic lulz at racist/religious jokes, even when they're aimed at whites/puerto ricans/christians such as my self. Life is about having a sense of humor - It helps to laugh at EVERYTHING.

If someone was directing "spic" or "cracker" at me in hopes to piss me off and make me feel small, I'd just be like, "Hey. Fuck you, man. You don't know me and you shouldn't be serious about stereotyping whole groups of people based on your dislike for me. It makes you look dumb, and some people get very, very, very offended and violent when you say stuff like that." That's it.

I don't really give a shit if people are racist or not, but seriously, leave it at home. We don't give a shit about your personal beliefs and if you throw them out there, expect them to be torn apart by somebody and don't bitch when it happens. I'm not offended by the word nigger, I just think it's a dumb slang term - but I have heard people get torn apart in public by blacks that don't like it(I am not calling you african american unless you fuckin' migrated here. You didn't. Get over it.). When you put yourself out there, you leave yourself open for criticism.

OP, instead of remaining calm and explaining WHY this person was incorrect in calling you such a cruel name, you resorted to an ad hominem attack, calling them a twelve year old and shifting the conversation from what was important - why 'chink' is offensive and rude to seriously call someone - to 'you look like a kid, therefore your opinion means nothing'. I think you could've handled that better, because you gave her the opportunity to play the victim('oh, the big bad girl just called me wittle, I better turn up the heat and show my might!'). When you INSULT someone, instead of their ARGUEMENT, you are giving them permission to play the victim and their brains just shut off. I mean, if someone's talking to you and they call you a racial slur in seriousness, are you going to listen to any words that follow? No. Pissing people off ain't good for critical thought and discussions, you know?

EDIT: also, being racist NEVER equals uneducated. My brother is mildly racist and yet he's one of the smartest people I know. I'm not defending the idea of racism, just saying you can be very educated and still harbor personal prejeduice.

TL;DR don't do ad hominem attacks, I'd be offended if someone called me spic and calmly explain to them that racial slurs are dumb, and racist doesn't mean stupid. Also, have a sense of humor.


There's a difference between being really racist or making a racist joke. The latter is rather harmful and done by many people. However for someone to truly believe in someone of a different ethnic origin to be inferior at birth is truly ignorant and uneducated.

I agree with you that arguing with those idiots is a pointless endeavor, since I believe the people the OP is talking about belongs to a group of people known as "wannabe tough guys." They make racist comments at people walking by to show how tough they are, while they are in groups. If they were alone, without their friends, they would probably never dare make that remark out loud. So the better option would be to ignore them, since attention is what they really want.

Oh btw, it's easier to laugh at racism when you're not part of the identifiable ethnic minority. Just because someone migrated to another does not subject them to verbal or physical abuse. You wouldn't be laughing if you were constantly getting harassed and physically abused on a daily basis because of the fact that you're racially different from the majority of the people in your area.


I'm not saying I laugh at VIOLENT SERIOUS RACISM, just racist jokes. I have a sense of humor. If you're going to be all serious business and let yourself be so easily riled up by a stupid joke, you need to reevaluate yourself. Those jokes are meant to rile you up. Don't let them. They're harmless, not directed at YOU personally, and simply poke fun at an old stereotype that we all know is obselete.

Many jokes ARE aimed towards my own ethnicity. I'm not being a hypocrite. Think I don't laugh at those too? There's a line, though. There's a line between being venemous and cruel and being stereotypical and silly.

I didn't suggest that people who move from one country to another are deserving of abuse - I wandered onto different subjects in my post, see. I made a side-comment about how I'm not calling you "Puerto-Rican American", "Irish American", "African American" unless you MOVED here YOURSELF. Otherwise, you're just "AMERICAN", you dig?
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
just say fuck off bastards . ( sorry ya no offence )
2554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08

ANonGigazz wrote:

I have epic lulz at racist/religious jokes.


tl;dr /b/rother. But good enough.


My opinion on this is close to what someone (I think Auriga) has already said, that there are already masses of awesomely stupid people in this world. I'm slightly sick of screaming what I thought to be common sense in todays society around at people (this was a few years ago), so for my own health, I've just learnt to ignore them and go on with my search for awesome people who restore my faith in humanity.
Fun.
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
Oh well, racism is truley still around, and I think it will never disappear as it is in human nature to judge everything that doesn't look the same. I would have reacted quite a lot harsher, as an adult I would have most probably smacked this little wannabe adult children, but not only for them being racist also for being so cheeky and disrespectful to me, I mean kids nowadays get more and more cheeky, rude and so on, they show no respect to elder members of their social environment. Smack them :3

But woman, this tiny insults are not worth a tear. As you said they were just rude teenagers. They were provoking you and if you let such intolerant minds control your thoughts and mood then I must say that you should put yourself together ffs! There is a lot worse than this. Be proud for being Chinese or w/e you are. There is nothing to be ashamed of, as the Chinese culture was one of the most progressed ones while the poor Europeans were still living in caves the Chinese had already palaces. I wouldn't even get offended by this racistic slurs. Maybe smacking them is not that good of an idea>_>'', but then if you are 19, then you surely are more mature than them, and also more educated and you surely know something to be proud of about your ethnicity, so just smart them out. If you get insulted put on a huge smile and laugh at them and their stupidity and intolerance, and say something like: '' What is it child? Are you jealous of my ethnicity and its amazing culture? I know I know while your ancestors were still eating mud and living in caves my ancestors were already having restaurants and palaces...*BIG LAUGHTER*'' And then leave, and even if they throw some other cheeky slurs at you, just ignore it and walk proudly away. =P

Yeah, forget the smacking part..:3 just smart them out and show them that you are an intelligent ''chink'', and that your ethnicity is something you are proud of and some little racistic slurs will not even in the slightest touch your pride. :3 Show them that you CAN! Show them that they are so much inferior compared to you(best way to show this is to smile at them with a fucking arrogant smile and sweet wise words that will kill their brains before they even can react to what you said) ^.~

Floetry~
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Singapore (:
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
I would have replied, "Goodness gracious me, it's 2008 and there are people still using that bromidic old hat term? It's so asinine of you. I'm not sure why you're calling me a small cleft, slit, or fissure, maybe it's time fot you to blow the dust of your dictionary. Oh and please do try to pick up some sound insults which aren't inane like this one while you're at that.".

Because a chink does mean a small cleft, slit or fissure, after all
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
Its rare that I was called Nigger, I stop and scowl at them. I have more problems with high school people of my race than others.
1234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / z
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
Tiny, that sucks but what can you do? Were they Chavs? If so you should have just told them to fuck off and stop leeching off paying citizens. but it serves them right tbh that you called them a kid
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08

tinyd0t wrote:

so yet again i got picked on last saturday when i walked pass a group of teenages, and one of the girls said the word ch*nk when she saw me, and i stopped walking and said 'why did u have to be racist?' and another girl said 'my friend is sorry' (yeah as if she really was ), and i started to argue, so one of the lads tapped my showder and said 'just turn around and go', and i thought ok i'll leave it, but as soon as i turn my back they started to copied what i said 'why did you have to be racist' and 'ch*nky' 'ch*nky' so i turned back and said, 'why do you even have to be that racist', and a 14 year old girl poped up and said, 'we're not racist, YOU ARE', so i was thinking what the hell, and said 'no you are, you child', and she went 'i'm not a child' (btw i'm 19), and i went 'yes you are, you look like 12 to me' and she was really offended because i called her a 12 year old, and i'm not suppose to be offended when they are racist to me? wtf?!

so the passengers started to look at us and i tried not to cry and shouted the last words 'you ignorant people, and you will be spending your whole life time working in a tiny corner shop stocking up the shelfs because you are so racist and uneducated' and my tears pour off when i turn my back, and it just made my whole week miserable

so yeah if someone tried to make my day bad, i will make theirs bad too, so my questions is, would you guys be as bold(or stupid) as i am?


Im sorry, but i feel like i have to say this to you...... your hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! screw thoe dumb girls. they're probably just jealous bc your asian and everyone knows ( mainly me tho ) that asian women are the hottest!!! lololol but really tho ignore them
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
why is my post in the quote?? lol
4783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
I would've ignored those people. They really aren't worth it. By saying things back to them, you show them you are just like them. I know you're defending yourself, but you have to ignore stupid people like them.
Show them you're strong and don't let them get you. Just be proud at who you are and don't bother about how other people might think about you
1994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
Just tell people to grow up and get with the times. The world isn't populated by one race and calling you a "chink" definitely tells how mature they are. Is that supposed to offend us? Really now. It's really not best that you even try to argue with them. If they hurt you however, they have no right to do that and just defend yourself. Nothing more.

If they continue cursing at you, just know that it just proves how immature they are.

Do not curse back otherwise you might be called a hypocrite.
748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / nowhere
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08
well i would tell them they dont know what there talkin bout and ignore them and if they continued to bug me i would just tell one of my friends and they would take care of it
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08

tinyd0t wrote:

so yet again i got picked on last saturday when i walked pass a group of teenages, and one of the girls said the word ch*nk when she saw me, and i stopped walking and said 'why did u have to be racist?' and another girl said 'my friend is sorry' (yeah as if she really was ), and i started to argue, so one of the lads tapped my showder and said 'just turn around and go', and i thought ok i'll leave it, but as soon as i turn my back they started to copied what i said 'why did you have to be racist' and 'ch*nky' 'ch*nky' so i turned back and said, 'why do you even have to be that racist', and a 14 year old girl poped up and said, 'we're not racist, YOU ARE', so i was thinking what the hell, and said 'no you are, you child', and she went 'i'm not a child' (btw i'm 19), and i went 'yes you are, you look like 12 to me' and she was really offended because i called her a 12 year old, and i'm not suppose to be offended when they are racist to me? wtf?!

so the passengers started to look at us and i tried not to cry and shouted the last words 'you ignorant people, and you will be spending your whole life time working in a tiny corner shop stocking up the shelfs because you are so racist and uneducated' and my tears pour off when i turn my back, and it just made my whole week miserable

so yeah if someone tried to make my day bad, i will make theirs bad too, so my questions is, would you guys be as bold(or stupid) as i am?





Honestly, racial slurs shouldn't hurt you that much. You know that it's ignorant, and you know that racial differences aren't that big of a deal. You also know that you're probably better off in life than them, and they use racist terms to make them feel better about themselves. I would honestly just laugh at the fact that they're so ignorant and senseless and walk away. That'd suprise them.


Shinjy wrote:

you shud of been racist back. if they r african-american, i have quite racist cusses but saying dem may seriously damage ur health or result in loss of life


Wow. You are by far the most ignorant, racist person I've ever heard of in my life. Famous, nonfamous, real life, internet, whatever. You're really not going to have any influence on my life, but I just thought I'd let you know that.
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/9/08 , edited 4/21/08

Auriga wrote:

lol there's no reason to cry. the world is full of idiots. you shouldn't let them get to you.

what does it mean when they say you are a "chink"? its really just a word, implying negativity about being chinese. however, theres nothing wrong with being chinese. what they are really saying when they call you a "chink" is "im an arrogant, racist asshole who hates life and therefore i will make others feel bad so i wont have to take a look at myself and realize what a bitch i am"

in most cases, just dont let their words get to you. ignore them, as they are stupid and unreasonable - whatever you tell them will only make things worse. you should just let it go next time. really, theres nothing to gain from starting a fight. it doesn't make you a coward to walk away in these situations. it took me a while to grow past my ego and learn to let things go, and each time i do i feel good in the end.


I lol'd at that a little bit. Kind of opposite of my mentality. Its good to walk away in some situations but if you continue to walk away and ignore it, people will just walk all over you. When I walk away from shit like that I normally get pissed off at myself for not saying anything, which is why I rarely ever walk away and thats why people never say that shit.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.