First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
what can you say about the U.S going on a recession?
14052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 5/13/08 , edited 5/13/08
We will overcome or economic issues we always have in the past. What would really be beneficial to the economy would be to stop this fight in Iraq and stop wasting funds. We need to put ourselves as top priority and fix our problems first, before trying to help others. We really need to stop living above our means.
3076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 5/13/08
The US going into recession is a part of the business cycle . Period. The FED and the government really need to stop bailing everyone out and let the business cycle run its course. I understand that the housing crisis played a BIG part in contributing to the recession, and the government has a responsibility to protect those that legitimately bought houses that were affordable at the time, but became too expensive as a result of mortgage increases. However, we can't keep bailing people out.

Also, it isn't China's fault. The fact is, recession is normal. And if anyone really needs to be blamed, it's the consumer. We spent out of our means to buy houses we couldn't afford. We triggered the recession. We'll obviously pull ourselves out of it... Just not anytime soon.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/14/08
Hmm I think the best solution is quickly dismantle the FED. We dont need a damn private bank who recieves no audits and oversight to print our money out of thin air. Because if you think about it the fed has to make a profit themselves thats why they charge our government interest. If the idiots in Washington was smart we would just go back to the gold/silver standard so our government can have a limit on how much money they can print. And also we should return all of our troops from over seas not just the ones in Iraq everyone because that is costing us trillions of dollars just to maintain. Bailing out wallstreet for making bad decisions must also stop and the only president who has any brain about econimics is ron paul these other robots dont have a clue on how to solve this issue.
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / America, Fuck Yeah.
Offline
Posted 5/14/08
Good ol' Adam Smith's philosophy will work us out of this one.

Or war. (remember the Great Depression.)

I think we're fine.
3785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Spencer,Iowa 51301
Offline
Posted 5/15/08
Its Bush's fault along with our shitty falling apart government.
Posted 5/15/08
Where the hell have you guys been, our economies been on a constant decline ever since we started renting our currency form a private bank.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/15/08

Arrtos_Tarne wrote:

Its Bush's fault along with our shitty falling apart government.


What are you talking about? The economy been going down ever since the establishment of the federal reserve it didnt just start going down in 2000 geez.
21144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PLANTS
Offline
Posted 5/16/08
i think its kinda scary
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / usa
Offline
Posted 5/16/08
fuck it lol
5355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/9/08
haha! im so happy!
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 12/10/08 , edited 12/10/08

Ad1da5 wrote:

The US going into recession is a part of the business cycle . Period. The FED and the government really need to stop bailing everyone out and let the business cycle run its course. I understand that the housing crisis played a BIG part in contributing to the recession, and the government has a responsibility to protect those that legitimately bought houses that were affordable at the time, but became too expensive as a result of mortgage increases. However, we can't keep bailing people out.

Also, it isn't China's fault. The fact is, recession is normal. And if anyone really needs to be blamed, it's the consumer. We spent out of our means to buy houses we couldn't afford. We triggered the recession. We'll obviously pull ourselves out of it... Just not anytime soon.


I agree with you on that is is a natural course of economy, a good metaphore is take for example a drug addict, before they can get better they need to go through a withdrawal, basically meaning you have to get sick(recession) before you can get better. That is what Americans fear the most because they do not want to lose their extreme consumer lifestyle.

And so American banks kept lowering interest, and combined with increasingly popular subprime lendings (see wikipedia) and subprime morgages that caused American consumers to buy things they can not affort so that they could continue their lifestyle the economy bubble kept on growing. Untill it eventually burst, which is what we see recently with the crisis. And so as Ad1da5 mentioned the fault really lies at the American extravagant consuming lifestyle.
9591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Vancouver, Washin...
Offline
Posted 12/10/08

Lamak wrote:

In my opinions, Americans brought it on themselves.


in my opinion its going to effect u too since its a global economy.
9591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Vancouver, Washin...
Offline
Posted 12/10/08
btw guys, Americ has been in a recession since last year so ya.....its kind of late to be asking this >.>
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/10/08

jamashinaideyo wrote:


drizza wrote:

China is not depresaiting the dollar we are..... When you keep printing billions of dollars out of thin air that puts more money into circulation and currently the dollar isnt backed by anything so it has no limit to how much of it we can print. The more money in circulation the less the dollar is worth I dont see how you guys are blaming China you need to do some research on the federal reserve.

Now we are in a war with Iraq and about to be with one in Iran and the misleading media lieing to the American people gaining our support. We are dumping billons of dollars in this war with money we dont have so what do we do... We borrow money from China which increases debt also from the federal reserve who puts interest on every dollar we borrow this is outragous. It is as if the goverment has no limits to how much they spend becasue they keep on borrowing and borrowing THUS INCREASING MORE DEBT TO OUR COUNTRY. None of these presidents I believe that the media is pushing has any solution to this only one which is Ron Paul who is getting completly shut out of the media. If you want know why he is the only one who understands go to www.ronpaul.com and look at his economy issue makes way more since then these other puppets running for president.


OHH...is that so....man i'm really confused!!!!!!!


Let me explain it using only key facts ok. That should help you understand.

.America is printing money for its self. as you should know that creates Inflation. (you do know what Inflation is right?)

.America is using money they do not have for a war, so they barrow from everyone else. In a way China owns us, being that America keeps borrowing money from them for there silly wars. At that over 6 trillion we Owe China.


Ron Paul, He is a very smart person who could fix Are economy but are country is run by greedy assholes who don't give a damn what happens to the rest of us as long as there making a killing of it. (so they try there best to cover him up, and Hide him.)


3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/08 , edited 12/10/08
To be frank, if you understand how the economy works, this recession isn't surprising or new at all. It was to be expected through overall bad economic and business practices by specific individuals collectively snowballing into a full scale problem.

People are so quick to blame the government, but in truth the people, if most of them had a brain and an economic education, would have been able to fix it before it become into a full-scale problem. Of course, the people who have tried previously were always accused of being "socialistic" and anti-American, so w/e. You get what you deserve.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.