First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Protesting the Torch: Is now the Best Time?
52316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

clocut wrote:

i dont know if this will help or not, but China and Tibet are in some what of a "dispute" Tibet wants to be its own nation and china is pretty much saying fuck you. the reason being is beacuase of human rights. china suppsodley denies them......

here read this
http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0314/p10s01-woap.html


whew thank you haha
no wonder ...
28612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

ailin350 wrote:


clocut wrote:

wish they would cali is such a fucked up state anyway...... but no that would never be allowed they have no real means


Yes... then why should China free Tibet?



yes but we (USA) broke away from brtian because of basic needs of mankind (human rights) Tibet is right now being oppresed and not allowed basic rights given to man. thats why they want china out


*on an off note* thankyou i enjoy this very much its not often that an intelegent debate occurs on a forum
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Here and there
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
ppl are really wierd they protest for lots of stuff with reasons that are eh...
Posted 4/10/08

dj_catmix wrote:

When I had heard the torch was coming to my home town, I really could not have given a rat’s ass; the only thing I knew about the torch was that It should be a symbol of unity, course many of these people would like to take that symbol from the hands of the holder and hold em’ down while they trounce out the flames. Don’t get me wrong I think china has done a terrible deed and America as well since our country was born through exploitation of our fellow man weather it be killing off the Indians or hiring illegal Mexican labor; everyone has done their share, but what I am trying to get at is why would they protest now rather than at china during the opening ceremony? Are they merely trying to get attention for their cause or do they really hate the symbol of unity that much? What I really didn’t find out till today when my teacher told me was that there were the handicap and elderly holding the torch as well and that they changed the route from somewhere near the golden gate bridge to Van Ness avenue, and the thought of what happened in Paris and London hit me, “ they were intending on booing or worst trying to extinguish the flames, those pricks; showing your distaste is one thing but picking on the cripple and elderly just makes you a huge throbbing prick,” now booing and ridiculing the disabled and elderly is not as bad as killing off people, but at the end of the day your still a douche bag. Course I could be wrong and they can be anti-human rights nazi’s (I mean Americans since we broke the Geneva Convention’s rules), but chances are they’re hard working people trying to have a moment they can tell their grandchildren about.
What I want to know is what do you think of the protest?
P.s. I heard over the news as I was coming home that many of the protesters considered this a victory.


fianlly back in business with the thread making.

anyways i don't give a shit. its just the olympics who cares just let them do there stuff and root for your country.
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

clocut wrote:


ailin350 wrote:


clocut wrote:

wish they would cali is such a fucked up state anyway...... but no that would never be allowed they have no real means


Yes... then why should China free Tibet?



yes but we (USA) broke away from brtian because of basic needs of mankind (human rights) Tibet is right now being oppresed and not allowed basic rights given to man. thats why they want china out


*on an off note* thankyou i enjoy this very much its not often that an intelegent debate occurs on a forum


Do you have a spell checker? Intelligent, you mean?
If Tibetians, no, follower of Dalai, did not want to protest, China will give them human rights.
Posted 4/10/08
It's ok to protest against China, but not the torch and the olympics. Just because you're pissed off at the Chinese, doesn't mean you take the anger out on something that represents international brotherhood. Don't get me wrong though, I dislike the People's Republic of China with their avaricious temptations, mistreatment of citizens, and desire to control everything. BUT THIS IS THE OLYMPICS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!
28612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

ailin350 wrote:


clocut wrote:


ailin350 wrote:


clocut wrote:

wish they would cali is such a fucked up state anyway...... but no that would never be allowed they have no real means


Yes... then why should China free Tibet?



yes but we (USA) broke away from brtian because of basic needs of mankind (human rights) Tibet is right now being oppresed and not allowed basic rights given to man. thats why they want china out


*on an off note* thankyou i enjoy this very much its not often that an intelegent debate occurs on a forum


Do you have a spell checker? Intelligent, you mean?
If Tibetians, no, follower of Dalai, did not want to protest, China will give them human rights.


no im using my work computer right now and it has ie explore i could reread it for spelling but i dont care that much
i doubt that they will; now china is demanding of the monks they have in detension for protesting to denounce the Dali Lama
9000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

ailin350 wrote:


clocut wrote:

i have to disagree there..... if a specific state wants to be independent of its country and has justification for it. i say fight it out. if not canada and USA would still be part of britian. but dont get me wrong im not defending their means just their cause


Ok, Canada and the US being separated from British rules is a complete different thing. First, Canada and US aren’t even right beside Britain. It is right for them to separate. I don’t see how the province of Tibet has a justified reason for being a nation on its own. I can’t see it.


read history.. Tibet is w wonderful country before china annexed it, they just want independence. It what makes them Tibetans, not Chinese nationals, They are protesting that long and here comes the Olympics, and yes, it is the right oportunity for them to be heard worldwide, there have been massive killings against Tibetans before, but it was not heard, but now. it is being voiced out..

Tibetans just want democracy.. i dare you to live in china wherein you will be massacred if you fight their government policy.. or you will be massacred if you are a obvious part of a religious group. (fallon gong)
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / back in cr
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


dj_catmix wrote:

When I had heard the torch was coming to my home town, I really could not have given a rat’s ass; the only thing I knew about the torch was that It should be a symbol of unity, course many of these people would like to take that symbol from the hands of the holder and hold em’ down while they trounce out the flames. Don’t get me wrong I think china has done a terrible deed and America as well since our country was born through exploitation of our fellow man weather it be killing off the Indians or hiring illegal Mexican labor; everyone has done their share, but what I am trying to get at is why would they protest now rather than at china during the opening ceremony? Are they merely trying to get attention for their cause or do they really hate the symbol of unity that much? What I really didn’t find out till today when my teacher told me was that there were the handicap and elderly holding the torch as well and that they changed the route from somewhere near the golden gate bridge to Van Ness avenue, and the thought of what happened in Paris and London hit me, “ they were intending on booing or worst trying to extinguish the flames, those pricks; showing your distaste is one thing but picking on the cripple and elderly just makes you a huge throbbing prick,” now booing and ridiculing the disabled and elderly is not as bad as killing off people, but at the end of the day your still a douche bag. Course I could be wrong and they can be anti-human rights nazi’s (I mean Americans since we broke the Geneva Convention’s rules), but chances are they’re hard working people trying to have a moment they can tell their grandchildren about.
What I want to know is what do you think of the protest?
P.s. I heard over the news as I was coming home that many of the protesters considered this a victory.


fianlly back in business with the thread making.

anyways i don't give a shit. its just the olympics who cares just let them do there stuff and root for your country.


damnit looks like you caught me
whats with the new avi?
thought you just picked a new one only an hour ago
Posted 4/10/08

Fushaz wrote:

What the Tibetans are doing is sad. Targeting the Olympics is wrong.
China also did some wrong things.
The western media also can be blamed, they're showing a biased view of the whole situation.
Nothing really to say, they're both wrong, or right, however you want to look at it.


i agree.. targeting the olmpics isn't the right way to end the situation. that's just getting the rest of the world involved in China's problems
9896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / LI, NY
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
On the one hand, I totally understand why the protests are going on, and I'm not happy with China either, but no one protested the Olympics when they were held in Nazi Germany. spread awareness of the issues, but don't ruin the games.
9000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

CerridwenStorms wrote:

On the one hand, I totally understand why the protests are going on, and I'm not happy with China either, but no one protested the Olympics when they were held in Nazi Germany. spread awareness of the issues, but don't ruin the games.


as i am making the risk of going Out of Topic:

The 1936 olympics where almost boycotted by some countries including US.. but US eventually sent few athletes.. and only 49 nation participated.. in fact.. US only gained 24 gold medals that time.

as for the topic...

If Tibetans didn't protest now.. would you ever knew about their situation? of course no.. they have been long protesting, with thousands of Tibetans killed and having the risk of being massively murdered.. but they are not being heard by the international community... now that they are being heard.. why everybody is despising them.

9896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / LI, NY
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

johnsever wrote:


CerridwenStorms wrote:

On the one hand, I totally understand why the protests are going on, and I'm not happy with China either, but no one protested the Olympics when they were held in Nazi Germany. spread awareness of the issues, but don't ruin the games.


as i am making the risk of going Out of Topic:

The 1936 olympics where almost boycotted by some countries including US.. but US eventually sent few athletes.. and only 49 nation participated.. in fact.. US only gained 24 gold medals that time.



Hah. Just goes to show how much I remember from high school.
8432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

clocut wrote:


ailin350 wrote:


clocut wrote:


i would have to agree, but because of this tibet is getting world wide attention.. is it the right way no. but its giving them the attention they want


Even they are getting the attention, we have to stop and think are they doing the right thing? March Rebellion was certainly a way to get attention from the world and it left thousands of innocent people in devastation. They have no other way to protest and gain attention besides the Olympics. Sorry, I support the Chinese government. Tibet was, is, and will always be part of China.


i have to disagree there..... if a specific state wants to be independent of its country and has justification for it. i say fight it out. if not canada and USA would still be part of britian. but dont get me wrong im not defending their means just their cause


Canada got its independence peacefully and did a few other nations that were once under British rule. They chose to gave it up. America is one that fought for theirs.
546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
72 / M / bay area
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
im mad about this tibet thing. many other european countrys own hundreds of colonys all over africa and asia... and the western media prolly make it worse then it seems.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.