First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Protesting the Torch: Is now the Best Time?
Posted 4/10/08
i think the protest should not get in the way of the flame since its a sign of unity T T
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ohio
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
china is our new global advisary .... time to get the f$ck china t-shirts....
28612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

Hugegnome wrote:


clocut wrote:


ailin350 wrote:


clocut wrote:


i would have to agree, but because of this tibet is getting world wide attention.. is it the right way no. but its giving them the attention they want


Even they are getting the attention, we have to stop and think are they doing the right thing? March Rebellion was certainly a way to get attention from the world and it left thousands of innocent people in devastation. They have no other way to protest and gain attention besides the Olympics. Sorry, I support the Chinese government. Tibet was, is, and will always be part of China.


i have to disagree there..... if a specific state wants to be independent of its country and has justification for it. i say fight it out. if not canada and USA would still be part of britian. but dont get me wrong im not defending their means just their cause


Canada got its independence peacefully and did a few other nations that were once under British rule. They chose to gave it up. America is one that fought for theirs.


that wasnt the point i was making....
4827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Calibaby.........
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
Hmmm I know this might be stupid to ask but what's the reason for the protest?
8432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

clocut wrote:


Hugegnome wrote:


clocut wrote:


ailin350 wrote:


clocut wrote:


i would have to agree, but because of this tibet is getting world wide attention.. is it the right way no. but its giving them the attention they want


Even they are getting the attention, we have to stop and think are they doing the right thing? March Rebellion was certainly a way to get attention from the world and it left thousands of innocent people in devastation. They have no other way to protest and gain attention besides the Olympics. Sorry, I support the Chinese government. Tibet was, is, and will always be part of China.


i have to disagree there..... if a specific state wants to be independent of its country and has justification for it. i say fight it out. if not canada and USA would still be part of britian. but dont get me wrong im not defending their means just their cause


Canada got its independence peacefully and did a few other nations that were once under British rule. They chose to gave it up. America is one that fought for theirs.


that wasnt the point i was making....


You claimed that those countries had to "fight it out" to gain independence and said so that if they didn't do so they would not have gotten their independence. That was exactly what you said, how was that not your point? Therefore my point is that your point is flawed because many nations other previous British control got independence peacefully.


28612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

Hugegnome wrote:


that wasnt the point i was making....


You claimed that those countries had to "fight it out" to gain independence and said so that if they didn't do so they would not have gotten their independence. That was exactly what you said, how was that not your point? Therefore my point is that your point is flawed because many nations other previous British control got independence peacefully.





sorry was poorly worded what i meant was if a country doesnt want to be occupied they shouldnt just submit to it
Posted 4/10/08
i think i was doing a current even about this.. it says that the sucurity was taking out the fire or a torch? to save people? thats what my friend told me to wrote for the 5 w's ... @___@;;
Posted 4/11/08
fucking protestors ruing our olympics!!! all of dem shud get a good beating!
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
China could never let Tibet go, if they did, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan would fight for independent, in fact they already have...

The Olympics are a sign of unity I supposed, but well there won't be unity if there isn't any freedom I supposed, but heck I'm always rooting for China since China is becoming a major power house despite all he bad quality products....
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

johnsever wrote:

read history.. Tibet is w wonderful country before china annexed it, they just want independence. It what makes them Tibetans, not Chinese nationals, They are protesting that long and here comes the Olympics, and yes, it is the right oportunity for them to be heard worldwide, there have been massive killings against Tibetans before, but it was not heard, but now. it is being voiced out..

Tibetans just want democracy.. i dare you to live in china wherein you will be massacred if you fight their government policy.. or you will be massacred if you are a obvious part of a religious group. (fallon gong)


Well, I lived in China and the Chinese government policies were wonderful, I had nothing against it.
So what China annexed Tibet? There are so many countries in this world who have taken over another country.
22734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

johnsever wrote:


CerridwenStorms wrote:

On the one hand, I totally understand why the protests are going on, and I'm not happy with China either, but no one protested the Olympics when they were held in Nazi Germany. spread awareness of the issues, but don't ruin the games.


as i am making the risk of going Out of Topic:

The 1936 olympics where almost boycotted by some countries including US.. but US eventually sent few athletes.. and only 49 nation participated.. in fact.. US only gained 24 gold medals that time.

as for the topic...

If Tibetans didn't protest now.. would you ever knew about their situation? of course no.. they have been long protesting, with thousands of Tibetans killed and having the risk of being massively murdered.. but they are not being heard by the international community... now that they are being heard.. why everybody is despising them.



too bad 4 tibet,they wanted independence which no country would ever allow their state to do that so it is rite to massacre those stupid tibetans
2847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

shinn442 wrote:


too bad 4 tibet,they wanted independence which no country would ever allow their state to do that so it is rite to massacre those stupid Tibetans


i like that.
22734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

namezox wrote:


shinn442 wrote:


too bad 4 tibet,they wanted independence which no country would ever allow their state to do that so it is rite to massacre those stupid Tibetans


i like that.


sarcastic much??
868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / new jersey
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
i'll put money down that if china frees tibet that tibet will ask china for aid lol just like the kid who moves out but still wants his allowance
2847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

shinn442 wrote:


namezox wrote:


shinn442 wrote:


too bad 4 tibet,they wanted independence which no country would ever allow their state to do that so it is rite to massacre those stupid Tibetans


i like that.


sarcastic much??


nah
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.