First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Asian Practices that Westerners find Weird
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

heshiron wrote:

One Example is Durian. Westerners say it smells like ROtten Fish and why? But in the Tongues of Asians(South East Asians to be specific) it smells good(not heavenly) and we even make Durian Candies~! I like to eat durian candies... LOL




(I DONT EAT BUGS)

Another Example is Fried Bugs. Thai and Indonesians Practice it and they well, eat it. lol. I find it weird(not to mention disgusting, sorry for the word). But Study shows that Crickets and Cockroaches have more than 100% Protein than beef when fried, and 200% when dried than Beef~!





I took these facts from National Geographic..~~~ Reliable source!


wait.... i dont like either of those...... hate the smell of those pointy things yet my family love them.... they said its sweet.... i tasted it... its sticky... and..... makes my mouth smelly.... totally.... sucks..... and bugs?!>... i bet if they go to fearfactor they will win the prize....

and lastly... the thing that i find the most wierd... is that we eat rice.... ttoally wierd... whats so good about rice?!... its freakin tasteless...

7519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Quimbley Manor, H...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

Kenshin1986 wrote:


Nadeshiko24 wrote:

I think I read this in my english book...

"Westerners" find it awkward when people bow in front of them. Isn't it that most of us welcome each other with like a handshake or a hug or a smile, but some Asians bow in greeting right?...

yeah... so that's what I understood in the book... well, i never really read that book anyway...wahaha


Mostly Japanese, Korean and Chinese Bow but its not as common as it used to be. I won't bow to my friends haha just maybe to elders or boss or someone who is of importance.

Westerners find it funny since they have a different custom. Thinks that are not a custom then are viewed as weird, to any race or person that is.


yeah!...exactly! I kinda remember what the topic was about... I think it was the differences in cultures... coz i have an english class for multilinguals... so we talks about those stuff..

well.. us Filipinos have the placing of the back of the hand of the elder/person way older than you to your forehead... well.. I think its a dying art....
1573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/10/08



wait.... i dont like either of those...... hate the smell of those pointy things yet my family love them.... they said its sweet.... i tasted it... its sticky... and..... makes my mouth smelly.... totally.... sucks..... and bugs?!>... i bet if they go to fearfactor they will win the prize....

and lastly... the thing that i find the most wierd... is that we eat rice.... ttoally wierd... whats so good about rice?!... its freakin tasteless...





Anyway Asians cant live w/o rice... the main reason is... Well, from the start of our lives, we were eating rice and it was being fed to us by our parents. Rice is tasteless but it goes well with other foods. There is a certain flavor is rice(although it might be tasteless as u said) that blends with pork and other stuff.


Anyway Spoiled it to save space!
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

Akemi_Ziyah wrote:


chocuqueen wrote:

ok for Durian.. i do find it smell bad..but really i like it.. it taste good.. uh bugs.. thats just gross - ___ -;;
i thought some western people eat bugs too..@__@ i was watching this show on youtube.. and this guy made food with bugs in it.. and its suppose to be healthy..


You were probably watching "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerns" cause he had a show on eating bugs.


LOVE THAT SHOW, and No Reservations, both +A shows!
Posted 4/10/08

memphit wrote:


Akemi_Ziyah wrote:


chocuqueen wrote:

ok for Durian.. i do find it smell bad..but really i like it.. it taste good.. uh bugs.. thats just gross - ___ -;;
i thought some western people eat bugs too..@__@ i was watching this show on youtube.. and this guy made food with bugs in it.. and its suppose to be healthy..


You were probably watching "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerns" cause he had a show on eating bugs.


LOVE THAT SHOW, and No Reservations, both +A shows!


Agreed
Posted 4/10/08
Weird asian practices? Here one, the whole Ganguro "face-black" fashion trend. I still don't get why girls do this...



怖い
1573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
wtf.... fail pics again
200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
so.cal
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
my friend gave me some durian before.
i am never eating that thing again! whatever it is. lol

bbq crickets are pretty good.
and i used to eat bbundaegi (butterfly in cocoon) when i was little, but after i found out what it was i stopped eating it immediately.
but gotta admit. it tasted really good.

for me, it's only to elders, people of authority, and new people i bow to. i bow...alot. haha
and even to non-asian people i will still bow to them as a greeting. and they usually just nod their head to me.
4554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Lakewood, Califor...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
I am willing to eat anything. tehehehe.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/10/08

thewidow wrote:

I am willing to eat anything. tehehehe.


Even a beating heart with blood sprouting out? Fresh from a body.
19824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / ¸.•*¨*`•.¸☆Norway
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

madeyez wrote:

Weird asian practices? Here one, the whole Ganguro "face-black" fashion trend. I still don't get why girls do this...



怖い


girls do that?? eww... never seen a girl like that before...
4554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Lakewood, Califor...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

AHTL wrote:


thewidow wrote:

I am willing to eat anything. tehehehe.


Even a beating heart with blood sprouting out? Fresh from a body.


Yup.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/11/08

thewidow wrote:


AHTL wrote:


thewidow wrote:

I am willing to eat anything. tehehehe.


Even a beating heart with blood sprouting out? Fresh from a body.


Yup.


Nice nice, what about fried bugs with some blue whale tongue? : P
4554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Lakewood, Califor...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

AHTL wrote:


thewidow wrote:


AHTL wrote:


thewidow wrote:

I am willing to eat anything. tehehehe.


Even a beating heart with blood sprouting out? Fresh from a body.


Yup.


Nice nice, what about fried bugs with some blue whale tongue? : P


Most definitely.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/11/08

thewidow wrote:


AHTL wrote:


thewidow wrote:


AHTL wrote:


thewidow wrote:

I am willing to eat anything. tehehehe.


Even a beating heart with blood sprouting out? Fresh from a body.


Yup.


Nice nice, what about fried bugs with some blue whale tongue? : P


Most definitely.


A whole tongue?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.