First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Racism on South Korea
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 9/20/08 , edited 9/20/08
I'm pretty sure that most Asian cultures are undergoing plastic surgery; if not the entire Globe. There seems to be a major correlation with surgery and economy though. Japan and Korea have the highest percent of plastic surgery per person. Yet, Korea and Japan have the highest income level; leading to the idea of more surgery done because they can afford to. You're not going to see people in lower income level regions get surgery because they are more occupied with more immediate financial issues. Think about comparing Alabama and California in the United States. Obviously, California has a much higher cosmetic surgery rate since more business, modern facilities, media, and money is present. China seems to be having a high rate of leg surgery though; which is a bit scary in my opinion. You spend 2 years in a wheelchair so that you can saw off, bolt on, and extend your legs during this painful ordeal. Anyway, there are racist people everywhere.

I mean people are so uptight about a culture having an image of this or that. Koreans are fake. Japanese are elitist and dishonest. Chinese are corrupt and cheat people. Vietnamese are unintelligent. Americans are fat (and many others). Middle East people smell. Black people aren't civilized. Catholics are a bunch of fanatical hypocrites who can't make up their own minds. So on and so on... So many racist or racial stereotypes are floating around. Maybe some are true...maybe they aren't.

Obviously, lots of people have things that other don't like since anything that is against what they believe or what they are might be misconstrued as something bad that needs fixing. I personally think people need to go fuck themselves who categorize themselves into a group and everyone else into another. Biologically, your ethnicity may be superior for all I know. If you're ugly, unintelligent, anti-social, or anything other than what you claim about your race; who cares? If you think you're better than someone else, then go ahead and think so. No matter what race you are, it doesn't mean shit if you aren't anything worthwhile.
Posted 9/20/08
Welcome to Holywood! Home of the new species!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHTL wrote:



lul I like this description clip they did in South Park:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjqdLG5RNg
1978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Winterpeggers
Offline
Posted 9/20/08
every country has its share of those kind of people
Posted 9/20/08

ej2 wrote:

please lock this thread if you find this offensive and disturbing...

look at this link on youtube... it is a racism on South Korea. There is an anonymity of who is behind that post. One commented that is China who made that video considering that China has an hostile issue with Tibet on Beijing Olympics.

here is one comment:

ATTENTION !!!!!!!
This video was made by Ch●●● ,not JAPAN.
Those racist videos had always posted at just timing of a "TIBET problem". Because, "the fight of JAPAN vs KOREA" is convenient for them. They afraid, Kor and JP will join together fight against China.

"Who will benefit the most from the battle with KOREA vs JAPAN ?" Please think about it.
①Chinese, ②American will gain the most. Be prudent friends, Its a Chinese propaganda trap.


link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=874CAjzPoEM&feature=bz301

if it doesn't work try this link...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pUZm727KtC4
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=F37K50_9Cvg&feature=related

What can you say about this???

I want to see the vids. The links are not working.
690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

ej2 wrote:


Shinjy wrote:

and some ppl say koreans are the best lookin oriental ethnicity?!


hehe I agree. It's just because they did plastic surgery that's why they look pretty.


i don't mean to be really rude or anything, but i wish u wouldn't say stuff like that. Americans, Japanese, Chinese people all do surgery, that doesn't mean koreans are all born ugly.

I have no comment on that video except for this

People who don't have a life, have some sort of prejudice against koreans, need to know and to get the idea that koreans are people and they have feelings.
690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

tobydiah wrote:

I'm pretty sure that most Asian cultures are undergoing plastic surgery; if not the entire Globe. There seems to be a major correlation with surgery and economy though. Japan and Korea have the highest percent of plastic surgery per person. Yet, Korea and Japan have the highest income level; leading to the idea of more surgery done because they can afford to. You're not going to see people in lower income level regions get surgery because they are more occupied with more immediate financial issues. Think about comparing Alabama and California in the United States. Obviously, California has a much higher cosmetic surgery rate since more business, modern facilities, media, and money is present. China seems to be having a high rate of leg surgery though; which is a bit scary in my opinion. You spend 2 years in a wheelchair so that you can saw off, bolt on, and extend your legs during this painful ordeal. Anyway, there are racist people everywhere.

I mean people are so uptight about a culture having an image of this or that. Koreans are fake. Japanese are elitist and dishonest. Chinese are corrupt and cheat people. Vietnamese are unintelligent. Americans are fat (and many others). Middle East people smell. Black people aren't civilized. Catholics are a bunch of fanatical hypocrites who can't make up their own minds. So on and so on... So many racist or racial stereotypes are floating around. Maybe some are true...maybe they aren't.

Obviously, lots of people have things that other don't like since anything that is against what they believe or what they are might be misconstrued as something bad that needs fixing. I personally think people need to go fuck themselves who categorize themselves into a group and everyone else into another. Biologically, your ethnicity may be superior for all I know. If you're ugly, unintelligent, anti-social, or anything other than what you claim about your race; who cares? If you think you're better than someone else, then go ahead and think so. No matter what race you are, it doesn't mean shit if you aren't anything worthwhile.


Well said! :)
I agree 100%
690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

valcrist890 wrote:

well koreans are try hards. i can say so because i see koreans everyday, and yeah i talk to them and stuff, i also have some korean friends.

and some of my korean friends say so themselves..


wat r try hards?
690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

naduo wrote:

lol, you think you guys got it hard???????????

what about thousands of videos that racism on China ????????never heard many you stand up to help them.
many of you just racist who calling others racist to make you self look better.


A lot of people don't like racism period. i'm one of those people. I had to go to school every day and endure comments on Chinese, Japanese, and Korean alike. I stood up for all of them. I call people racists when they are prejudiced against a certain race. I might not be completely free of prejudices but im pretty sure that i dont call racists racists for the sole pleasure of feeling good about myself.
690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

Keldarin wrote:

I liked that video, it gave a nice and accurate view of the Korean demographic. Facelifters and those who think they need plastic surgery are stupid, and since so many Korean people do that, it must mean they are also stupid.

Go China, Japan or whatever! I love you!


I'd be lying if i said i didn't like that comment u wrote. I highly doubt that ur a bad person at heart, i just think the media told u some very untrue facts. Korean people aren't stupid. That would be saying everybody in the world is stupid. u can't judge a whole nation by a couple of people. If uve heard of the term 'racist' that's exactly what that comment was. No matter how bad u think korea is, u can't judge korea as a whole. as u've might have guessed, im korean but im not stupid. im first in my class and i think that people like u who think they know everything should get information from a reliable source. im sorry if u think im stupid and im sorry that u think that way. I hope u stop putting racial comments up.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

tobydiah wrote:

I'm pretty sure that most Asian cultures are undergoing plastic surgery; if not the entire Globe. There seems to be a major correlation with surgery and economy though. Japan and Korea have the highest percent of plastic surgery per person. Yet, Korea and Japan have the highest income level; leading to the idea of more surgery done because they can afford to. You're not going to see people in lower income level regions get surgery because they are more occupied with more immediate financial issues. Think about comparing Alabama and California in the United States. Obviously, California has a much higher cosmetic surgery rate since more business, modern facilities, media, and money is present. China seems to be having a high rate of leg surgery though; which is a bit scary in my opinion. You spend 2 years in a wheelchair so that you can saw off, bolt on, and extend your legs during this painful ordeal. Anyway, there are racist people everywhere.

I mean people are so uptight about a culture having an image of this or that. Koreans are fake. Japanese are elitist and dishonest. Chinese are corrupt and cheat people. Vietnamese are unintelligent. Americans are fat (and many others). Middle East people smell. Black people aren't civilized. Catholics are a bunch of fanatical hypocrites who can't make up their own minds. So on and so on... So many racist or racial stereotypes are floating around. Maybe some are true...maybe they aren't.

Obviously, lots of people have things that other don't like since anything that is against what they believe or what they are might be misconstrued as something bad that needs fixing. I personally think people need to go fuck themselves who categorize themselves into a group and everyone else into another. Biologically, your ethnicity may be superior for all I know. If you're ugly, unintelligent, anti-social, or anything other than what you claim about your race; who cares? If you think you're better than someone else, then go ahead and think so. No matter what race you are, it doesn't mean shit if you aren't anything worthwhile.


im srry, but no stereotype is true, people may fall into that category, but stereotypes r meant to describe a race as a whole. so all stereotypes r false. Biologically, no ethnicity is superior.
Just a few words of wisdom...peace over war
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

koreangirl111 wrote:


Keldarin wrote:

I liked that video, it gave a nice and accurate view of the Korean demographic. Facelifters and those who think they need plastic surgery are stupid, and since so many Korean people do that, it must mean they are also stupid.

Go China, Japan or whatever! I love you!


I'd be lying if i said i didn't like that comment u wrote. I highly doubt that ur a bad person at heart, i just think the media told u some very untrue facts. Korean people aren't stupid. That would be saying everybody in the world is stupid. u can't judge a whole nation by a couple of people. If uve heard of the term 'racist' that's exactly what that comment was. No matter how bad u think korea is, u can't judge korea as a whole. as u've might have guessed, im korean but im not stupid. im first in my class and i think that people like u who think they know everything should get information from a reliable source. im sorry if u think im stupid and im sorry that u think that way. I hope u stop putting racial comments up.


u shouldnt let the ignorance if idiots bother you, im sure Keldarin truly doesnt know ne better. And the comment was not racist. It was prejudice and stupid.peace over war
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 9/20/08 , edited 9/20/08

koreangirl111 wrote:


valcrist890 wrote:

well koreans are try hards. i can say so because i see koreans everyday, and yeah i talk to them and stuff, i also have some korean friends.

and some of my korean friends say so themselves..


wat r try hards?


It vaguely means people that tries to get to the trend with other people with the quick and self-centered use of culture and ignorance. Most happenings are with foreign exchange students in some countries; To blend in.
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/20/08
Umm.. the videos are not working!!!!!!! Can you sent me another videos ?
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 9/20/08

JJT2 wrote:


tobydiah wrote:

I'm pretty sure that most Asian cultures are undergoing plastic surgery; if not the entire Globe. There seems to be a major correlation with surgery and economy though. Japan and Korea have the highest percent of plastic surgery per person. Yet, Korea and Japan have the highest income level; leading to the idea of more surgery done because they can afford to. You're not going to see people in lower income level regions get surgery because they are more occupied with more immediate financial issues. Think about comparing Alabama and California in the United States. Obviously, California has a much higher cosmetic surgery rate since more business, modern facilities, media, and money is present. China seems to be having a high rate of leg surgery though; which is a bit scary in my opinion. You spend 2 years in a wheelchair so that you can saw off, bolt on, and extend your legs during this painful ordeal. Anyway, there are racist people everywhere.

I mean people are so uptight about a culture having an image of this or that. Koreans are fake. Japanese are elitist and dishonest. Chinese are corrupt and cheat people. Vietnamese are unintelligent. Americans are fat (and many others). Middle East people smell. Black people aren't civilized. Catholics are a bunch of fanatical hypocrites who can't make up their own minds. So on and so on... So many racist or racial stereotypes are floating around. Maybe some are true...maybe they aren't.

Obviously, lots of people have things that other don't like since anything that is against what they believe or what they are might be misconstrued as something bad that needs fixing. I personally think people need to go fuck themselves who categorize themselves into a group and everyone else into another. Biologically, your ethnicity may be superior for all I know. If you're ugly, unintelligent, anti-social, or anything other than what you claim about your race; who cares? If you think you're better than someone else, then go ahead and think so. No matter what race you are, it doesn't mean shit if you aren't anything worthwhile.


im srry, but no stereotype is true, people may fall into that category, but stereotypes r meant to describe a race as a whole. so all stereotypes r false. Biologically, no ethnicity is superior.
Just a few words of wisdom...peace over war


I agree that it is wrong to stereotype. Wrong choice of words on my part. I should be saying "generalize"(to an extent). Most creatures in the animal kingdom generalize as a natural mechanism for maximize efficiency for survival. If you see a dish you believe smells or looks rancid, you avoid it. When you see a sign that is red, you will generalize that it might be a caution sign. I'm not saying that it is morally right with what we know and believe in our culture. I wouldn't want people to judge me before they get to know me. However, I believe everyone generalizes to a certain extend whether it is very minor or manifests into apparent discrimination. Stereotyping may be for everyone. However, generalizing is the minds form of organizing the brain to prevent a series of loops that will cause humans to spend (god knows) how long to even cross a street or watch a movie. A large percentage of so and so appear to have a high education. This country seems to have people who have an internationally popular mannerism. Everyone will smile and agree or disagree. Now someone says anything bad and generalizing becomes a major "no-no". Is it taboo and not tactful to say if saying it without a good reason behind it? Yes. Is this social commentary, which is an opinion of someone (which may or may not be true) of an individual an ignorant thing to say? No. I don't know enough about genetics, every culture, nor the nature of life to make a 100% decision on whether one group is genetically superior at something than the other. However, I'm sure that in a statistical sense at least; the numbers aren't 100% identical for every human factor for each group. It's just that it offends people since it's a sensitive subject. Like I said before. Regardless of race, belief, or gender; if you're ugly, you're ugly. If you're stupid, you're stupid. If you're beautiful, then you're beautiful. Let's be honest. Brutal honesty is more credible than a sugar coated lie. We should just try to be civil about it. People aren't all equal. The point is that people should be treated equally. Until they actually do something, which may affect how others treat them.
Posted 9/20/08 , edited 9/20/08
K why are you guys dissing Korea because of a few people that represent us wrongly? Me personally I have no problems with any race, and it's stupid for Japan and Korea to hate each other over things that happened back in the days of our grandfathers. Me personally have had only pleasant experiences with Japanese people. They are very friendly, and a lot of my RL friends are Japanese

And what is up with all the dissing about plastic surgery and stuff, seriously ignorance in this topic is killing me. Korea doesn't even have the highest rate of plastic surgery in the world, the statistics don't lie, if you are seriously that jealous of how the celebrities and singers who get it look then go get it yourself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.