First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
which is better american cartoons or japanese cartoons=anime
4175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08

fa-abulous wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:


fa-abulous wrote:

I think this is a dumb question, no offensive, just seeing the title thread, I knew who was going to get bashed already!!...Of course Japanese anime is better, American cartoons aren't called cartoons for no reason!!
there is no difference between the two. they are both anime since anime is just the short term word of animation.
the only difference is how they're drawn.



yeah, I know..I just mean...anime...aim at larger audience, as for cartoons, more for kids...but I do love anything disney!!
not really. im pretty sure if you saw any of the american animation on adult swim you would realize not all cartoons for kids. as well as japanese animation there is the same thing.

both of them have animation for all ages...nethier is more mature or kidish.

11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08
anime duh
4175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08

saiyukilover wrote:

anime is not cartoons.

no vs threads (you should've made this a poll)

but yeah i'd still go with japanese.

Edit: oops almost forgot ~reported~
yes it is.
cartoons are what you call moving pictures....which are called animation and since anime is just the short verison of animation they are indeed cartoons.

247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08
amine all day evry day....
686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
67
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08
u guys are all LAME, SOUTH PARK AND FAMILY GUY FTW!

jp, jap anime is gooder, but cant leave out the funny american cartoon
459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / At your door xP
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08
i would pick japanese cartoons but i would pick the old T.V american shows . xD
36562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08

XXxspgxXX wrote:


saiyukilover wrote:

anime is not cartoons.

no vs threads (you should've made this a poll)

but yeah i'd still go with japanese.

Edit: oops almost forgot ~reported~
yes it is.
cartoons are what you call moving pictures....which are called animation and since anime is just the short verison of animation they are indeed cartoons.



you hv a point, however, anime is not cartoons, it is a different form of animation. But they cannot be considered cartoons. Anime is on a much higher level both intellectually and artistically and is most times considered an art. Also, most of the technology used in today's graphics originate in those used to create anime and the original sci-fi anime was what fueled the start and development of using and developing said graphics.
4175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08

saiyukilover wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:


saiyukilover wrote:

anime is not cartoons.

no vs threads (you should've made this a poll)

but yeah i'd still go with japanese.

Edit: oops almost forgot ~reported~
yes it is.
cartoons are what you call moving pictures....which are called animation and since anime is just the short verison of animation they are indeed cartoons.



you hv a point, however, anime is not cartoons, it is a different form of animation. But they cannot be considered cartoons. Anime is on a much higher level both intellectually and artistically and is most times considered an art. Also, most of the technology used in today's graphics originate in those used to create anime and the original sci-fi anime was what fueled the start and development of using and developing said graphics.
it doesn't matter if it's a different animation or if it's considered art more times than american animation. animation is animation. regardless of how it's drawn.

28570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ireland/UK
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08
lol this thread is kinda pointless. Its like going into a Family Guy fanclub forum and asking them if they prefere Family Guy or The Simpsons... of course 99% of ppl here are gonna say anime and its gonna be a one sided arguement lol.

and to saiyuki lover ^... anime is animation, which in turn in a cartoon. Its just different style of drawing. And its unfair to say anime is on a much higher level in intellectually and artistically. American cartoons take just as much time making, maybe more. They just appeal to different audiences and have to meet to different appeals and needs.

This is what im talking about.. ppl giving one sided arguement with their verbal diarrhea
384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / pinas
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08
i'd say, i like the plot when it comes to anime.
also that the drawing/animation in my opinion, is better.
but most of the time, anime tend to be lengthly.
if i'd watch cartoons just for the LOLz, i'd rather watch american cartoons..

except probably avatar..hahaha!
^_______^!!
36562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08

XXxspgxXX wrote:


saiyukilover wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:


saiyukilover wrote:

anime is not cartoons.

no vs threads (you should've made this a poll)

but yeah i'd still go with japanese.

Edit: oops almost forgot ~reported~
yes it is.
cartoons are what you call moving pictures....which are called animation and since anime is just the short verison of animation they are indeed cartoons.



you hv a point, however, anime is not cartoons, it is a different form of animation. But they cannot be considered cartoons. Anime is on a much higher level both intellectually and artistically and is most times considered an art. Also, most of the technology used in today's graphics originate in those used to create anime and the original sci-fi anime was what fueled the start and development of using and developing said graphics.
it doesn't matter if it's a different animation or if it's considered art more times than american animation. animation is animation. regardless of how it's drawn.



i think ur misunderstanding, yes it is animation - that's not what i'm objecting to. It's calling it "cartoons" that i am objecting to. Anime and cartoons are not the same thing, yes they are both different styles of animation, but they are NOT the same thing.
9792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Wherever
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08
everybody on here will say anime/japanimation
36562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08

deathsevil wrote:

and to saiyuki lover ^... anime is animation, which in turn in a cartoon. Its just different style of drawing. And its unfair to say anime is on a much higher level in intellectually and artistically. American cartoons take just as much time making, maybe more. They just appeal to different audiences and have to meet to different appeals and needs.


Yes they take about the same amount of time, and yes they are both animation. All I'm saying is that they are NOT the same thing. As for anime is on a higher level, that is just my opinion based on what I've seen. You don't have to agree with it, and I really couldn't care less whether you do or not. As for the "verbal diahrea" may i just point out that i'm not the one who started this argument, I merely stated my opinion, the one who quoted me is the one who wanted to argue.
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/24/08
japanese is way better
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.